Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I can't lose weight because... I allow myself to come up with 50,000 reasons. It's too hard, I've always been overweight, Genetically I'm stuck with extra fat, I'm lazy, I hurt, I'm tired... do you need more??? I know that I have to STOP making excuses on why I can't do this.. and determine reasons on how I can!

I'm with you on the OA thing though shay... I CAN control what I put into my mouth... and how much. I have the will power to STOP.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey all!!

I'm sorry I've been AWOL. My sister's book is now PUBLISHED!! We've been super busy with that. The book launch party is September 3rd, the shopping cart is up and running and Kelly is going back to law school so I'm doing all the shipping & stuff.

If you are curious, the link to her book is http://www.soupinthecity.com . It's a VERY funny book. I laugh out loud when I read it. There's a lot of really funny weight related stuff. You can reach the first chapter on the website.

I've been partying like crazy. I KNOW I'm going to get back into the losing mode, I just keep eeeking in one "last" party! I'm ready now!! I know you've heard this before, but today, I'm starting over. I'm not going to drink until the wedding on Saturday and I'm going to exercise 5 days this week AND stay on plan. I haven't been consistently on plan in over a month and it shows on the scale.

Here's the thing with me being "on plan" . . . If I'm mostly on plan I maintain or lose a little bit. (And I do mean little. Like 1/2 a pound per week.) If I cheat even 3 days a week. I usually gain. I feel to lose I've got to be on plan. In my little world, it is kind of black and white.

Maybe Weight Watchers is giving me too many points. Maybe calorie counting would work better for me. I don't know.

I'm going to be really good for the next two weeks and see what happens. I may be making a change. I'm tired of hovering around this weight and I'm ready to get back on the down road, even if it means giving up alcohol.

My bottom line is I still have FAT. Other people don't have FAT. I want to be one of THOSE people.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #108  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

gg--That is great news about your sister's book. I will download the chapter at home since I am at work right now.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #109  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Mindy: we didn't end up babysitting because my friend changed her plans. I was kind of relieved because I had some things to do. So no babysitting! I so know what you mean about the vicious circle of attempts at weightloss. That describes me, too. It's a habit we need to break! I know you said it was rhetorical, but I'm going to say something about it anway. I think that we have a hard time getting going again because, like someone else posted, we are afraid to fail again. Atleast that is a big part of why I have a hard time. Weightloss is not easy. It's one of the hardest things I am doing/have done in my life. It takes constant vigilance. It's so much easier to just fail. But then we feel bad about ourselves and we get in that vicious cycle.

Eny: a lot of people on TBL Black Team during the challenge were doing 30DS and loved it. Good luck! I identify with the fear of your significant other not liking too skinny. My hubby also likes bigger girls and I fear that he won't find me as attractive. That is just in my head, though. I think he would get used to the size and find my body attractive no matter what size I am. I also identify with the attention thing. It's a catch-22 for me: I don't like it when I feel ignored/like people look right through me and I don't like attention from guys, either. NSV--- that is great! Leave it to kids to be super honest.

Blue: I like how you said "the difference between losing weight and not losing weight is doing something about it and not doing something about it." It really is that simple but sometimes my mind makes things so complicated...unnecessarily so. I am also a perfectionist...all or nothing for sure. If I mess up one day, it's over! Congrats on making your goal!

likenoother: I can identify with the paying attention to me when I was fat/holding doors etc. It's like, "Don't do me any favors now!"

btw...I bought Mindy's sister's book and it's really fun to read!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #110  

Shay - I found this cool calculator about obesity. Morbidly obese is usually calculated at 100 pounds over what should be your "normal" weight. (Like there is anything "normal!") lol!

http://www.laparoscopy.com/pleatman/...idly-obese.htm

I am obese. At 163 or 164, depending on the calculator, I will be "overweight." I would need to be 136 pounds to be "healthy." Geez . . . that seems like a VERY long way from where I'm at.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #111  

GG - I feel you! I'm "Overweight" at #163.6! It seems SO FAR AWAY!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #112  
Intuitive Eater

Hi everyone

I've had a hard time today and last night, blew my eating plan big time. Oh well, back at it tomorrow! (Hope I didn't hurt myself too bad! )

Catch y'all tomorrow!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #113  

Blue I've screwed up the last 3 days in a row big time... ugh... I did get some exercise in today, so that makes me feel a TON better! I'm still thinking I'm going to do 30DS here in a few too... on top of the 1 mile walk video I did and the 1.4 mile walk I did w/ DD to her school's picnic. I HAVE TO GET BACK!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #114  
My Evolution

My internet is acting a fool again. Comcast is really getting on my last nerve. Anyways...I am definitely morbidly obese. I am more than 100 pounds over my "normal" weight. I would be considered overweight at 149 I believe.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:20 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls!!!

I feel like I've been living at school for the last few days! It was so refreshing to catch up on everything- there have been some great discussions lately. I too despise the word "morbidly"- it just feels like there's no end in sight!

I had two NSVs today- I hit the yellow level on my fitlinx points for the YMCA, and one of parents at school asked if I was losing weight. Dear Lord! There is hope!

Eny and Blue- don't worry, you'll get it back!

I've definitely learned this month, with EVERYTHING, when you think about how far you have still to go, it really helps to think about how far you've come. It's better perspective!

Have a good day tomorrow!!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #116  

Hey all!

Crissy - Congratulations on your NSV's!! Positive comments always keep me motivated.

Eny & Blue: GET UP!! Keep going!!! FOCUS!!! lol.

Shay - Obese is a terrible word and to put "morbidly" in front of it is even worse. Stupid doctors.

I'm having a good week. Haven't exercised, but everything else is right on track.

It really feels like fall here and I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer . . .

Last edited by ggmugsy; 08-27-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #117  

GG - thanks for the pep talk!

I'm doing better... I've been STARVING this week - and since I've been a good girl and have been exercising I've decided that I'm going to allow myself to up my Cals to 1500-1800 while TOM's visiting. It's still giving me a deficit.

I have a new found addiction... YOUTUBE! I've found some of the 10 Min solutions videos on there, along with a few 15 min yoga and abs. They are GREAT for when I'm working at home and need a few minute break! See.. I can find positive ways to spend my work time! LOL

I did the 10 min arms pilates earlier... and with the cramps I'm having right now - I think 10 mins of abs would feel GREAT!

I'm doing ok - but I did get some pretty scary/bad news from the Dr. this morning. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail until I know what's going on - and that'll be next Thursday. Just keep me in your prayers ok???!!?!?!

Today is a NEW day... The goal is #1.5 loss a week from here on out!!! I know I CAN do it - I just have to keep motivated!!!!!!! NO MORE EXCUSES - NO MORE LAZINESS!!! NOW IS MY TIME!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:30 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Eny- you take care of yourself, and I will definitely keep you in my prayers!

I've decided I'm taking a mental health day on Friday. I have been so insanely stressed lately, and I just don't think it's fair to my students to be cranky at them because people won't let me get work done. I am going to go to the gym, take a yoga class, and work in my garden. I can't wait!

gg- I feel your pain about letting go of summer! It's always bitter sweet, because fall is my favorite, but you have to give up summer to get there...
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #119  

Enygirl - You'll be in my prayers.

Crissy - I love Autumn, too. I just didn't get to learn to wakeboard like I wanted.

My mother had a total meltdown about her printer. Come to find out it's just out of yellow ink. Geez . . . I've been quite busy with that.

AND, trying to clean Nick's room I found mold. Black mold. He'd spilled water and hadn't cleaned it up. We've pulled back the carpet, removed the tack strip and are cleaning everything with bleach. My carpet will probably end up with a white spot, but we can't afford to replace it. It must have happened right before he left for Boise, because until I moved the furniture around, I couldn't smell or see anything. Grumble, grumble.

I'd better get to work! The boys get home Sunday and I still have a lot of stuff to finish!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #120  
My Evolution

gg--I was wondering when the boys were coming back. I know you are excited ! LOL at the mold is this the same son and same room from before?

Crissy--Sounds like a plan. We all need to take a MH day now and again. I'm going crazy bc I am so near vacay right now! Congrats on the NSVs!

eny--Youtube...I'm on it. You can subscribe to stuff and get videos sent to you too. I like that. Thanks for that.