Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

It's great to see people actually doing what they're supposed to be! I've been off plan for weeks now. my eating was good, but not this week at all! I gained back the #1.4 that I lost - I'm hoping that most of it's water weight and that eating good and actually moving my butt the next few days will get it back off.

I need a good right now!

Last edited by Enygirl; 08-07-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #32  
Intuitive Eater

Hang in there Enygirl! I know how you feel. The plan I'm following suggests "making an authorized U turn" when you've fallen off plan. Just turn around and head back in the right direction. Just move on and forget about it!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #33  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

OMFG!!! My internet has been down at home and I haven't really had time for a true lunch at work the past two days so I haven't been getting on there either. Finally my internet is back up at home. Thank goodness bc I was ready to hurt someone !

i am inspired--You need to meet the weigh in deadline. Which right now I can't remember. Check the FAQ thread. Once you weigh in ,Chellez, the overall leader, will make teams and post them in a "Blue Team Thread" and a "Red Team Thread". I believe those will be up by Sept 13th. You need to check both threads to see what team you are on. That is on you. You will not receive a pm. Once you know what team you are do a weigh in post which you will edit each week. Also make sure you chat. There will be a chat thread for each team.

Crissy--Thank goodness you are a part of this girl's life. I am so scared of gastric bypass, lap band, any of that stuff. I would rather be fat for the rest of my life then go through one of those procedures. Also that's not teaching her good problem solvng skills. She needs to figure out how to deal with this issue and you are there to help her.

Believe it or not I'm doing okay with getting my water in, eating right, and exercise. I'm proud of myself.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #34  
Intuitive Eater

Thanks likenoother! I actually found the instruction thread after I posted here. It sounds like fun and a great way to stay motivated! And way to go on your water, eating right and exercising!

OK, reporting in now ... I did my 30 min on the treadmill tonight and stayed on plan eating too. Kept my portions in check too.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #35  

I have no idea why, but I'm retaining water like CRAZY It sucks! I did work out last night - did level 1 of the 30 day shred. that 20 mins. was an AMAZING burn! If I can stick to this - I KNOW that I'll burn off some of this fat! My abs are still crying (tears of joy) this morning!

I need to lose this water by Monday's weigh in! I haven't had an official gain in over a month - I refuse to do it now!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #36  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Eny i am with you in being off track and am struggling to get back on.

everything is going good on here. not really over eating or anything like that just do not want to exercise right now.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #37  
My Evolution

Eny--Do you like 30 Day Shred? I watched a clip on Collage Video and it scared me!

mrsaugie--From one reluctant exerciser to another: You can get back on the exercise wagon again! Just don't push yourself. You will know when it is time.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #38  

Shay - so far I do. I've done level 1 2ce now. I like that there's 3 levels or difficulty with out it getting longer. That was my biggest complaint about Slim in 6. I LOVED the results, but I hated that it went from a convenient 25 min work out to an hour that I had to attempt to squeeze in.

Level 1 DEFINATELY works you! Especially if you're not used to hardcore movement. there's no time for rest - but it's only 20 minutes long! I'll let you know my progress through it. I'm planning on doing it 6 days a week right now, with yoga on the 7th. I'm going to wait until I'm either bored with level 1, or feel that it's not a challenge anymore before I move up to level 2. I don't care how long it takes - if it's working then why go beyond my means right now?

Now we all know that I get BORED easily.. so we'll see how that plan works out. But from what I've heard from other people - the results they've gotten is well worth the dedication of 30 days!

It fells good to be back on plan. 2 days in a row now hopefully I won't fall off again, and will beat my record of 20 days! Plus if I EVER want to get out of the #180's - I can't do that by eating like crap and sitting on my butt!

Hoping that if I keep this up over the weekend, I'll lose this water weight and a little bit more with it!

I'm exdcited for TBL next month! I can't wait to start! Hopefully I'm on a team with girls that I know and although, making friends was never hard for me.

Alright - time to take my stinky butt to the shower and go spend some quality snuggle time with my boy. See you all in the morning!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Shay- AMEN SISTER!! That girl's gonna have a long struggle if her mom's answer is surgery... We start running Wednesday.

Eny- There you go! Don't forget to kick me once in a while too...

Watching the olympics makes me want to be athletic so bad! I am always inspired! Now to turn it into something. *sigh* Happy weekend ladies!!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #40  
My Evolution

Crissy--Keep us updated. I love watching the Olympics too. I'm all over it.

Eny--Thanks for the info. I have Frontsides and Backsides and The Biggest Winner collection dvds so I love her she is just tough. I think I will incorporate frontsides and backsides into my routine in September.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #41  
Intuitive Eater

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!

I didn't make it back on the computer last night so I'm logging yesterday's info now: stayed on plan with my eating, watched my portions, drank lots of water (for me) and walked 30 min on the treadmill (and had a leisurely walk outdoors as well).

I have a dumb question ... since I never have seen the first thread of the first month of this "Ultimate Goal Challenge" what exactly is it? When I joined this thread I assumed it was a monthly challenge to keep people motivated. According to the name of the thread ... is there more to it that I'm missing?
Old 08-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey guys!

Things here have been BAD. Just plain BAD. Scott and his "girlfriend" were just terrible. My sister has asked that he NEVER bring her to her home again. Ditto with me. I do not EVER want him to drag a girlfriend here. Didn't want her to come from the beginning and if he tries to bring one of his floosies here again I will FREAK. DH and I argued nearly every day over how he has no "boundaries" when it comes to his family.

My x-husband took the kids to California without telling me. I would have been happy for them to go to Disneyland. Why couldn't he just tell me??

Every time my kids visit him I am terrified they won't come home. It's really awful. It's a constant state of stress.

I've been really miserable. I just want summer to be over and for them to come home. They are due to fly in on 8/31. I'm getting an ulcer . . . My face is broken out from internalizing all this stress and TOM arrived 9 days early. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up on 8/31.

Sorry to be such a downer . . .

Last edited by ggmugsy; 08-10-2008 at 02:58 PM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #43  

GG I'm SO sorry that you're going through SO much! I don't know how you handle your babies being gone for so long! I go without Hunter for more the 5 days! The end is near though... Keeo that in mind. Don't give up on you, and try to find things to distract you (your mom's quilt by chance??)

And always remember you are allowed to come here and be a "downer" as much as you need! We;re here for more then just weight loss news.. we're not so nieve to think that life is only represented by the number on the scale.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #44  
My Evolution

i am inspired--There is a new thread every month. This is supposed to be month 9 but I messed up. So don't be confused in September when it says month 10 again. We are all trying to reach our "ultimate goal". That may be 20lbs, 100lbs, whatever. We check in with each other and support each along the way. At the beginning of the month I report pounds lost and non scale victories (nsv). Many also like to identify their goals for the month. I like to identify the month # because when we one of us makes it to goal she will go on the honor roll and I can identify which month that took place. I know at some point we will all meet our "ultimate goal" and we will have to move this group to the main support group area. Can't wait for that! We will come up with a name change when that happens!

gg--No need to apologize. Life of course is not just about weight loss and we are here for you. I was beginning to wonder where you were. Please take care of you and even though I don't fully know the situation worrying yourself sick is not going to help you or the kids. Check in and vent as often as you need.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #45  

I can't wait until we're all on the Maintainers board with the title "Maintaining our ultimate goal - Month 1" I don't know really where everyone else is on obtaining there goal, but I've been wavering around the 1/2 way point for almost a YEAR! I need to break over this point. I don't know what's holding me back - but the lowest I've been in 10+ years is #180... ugh... I'm really pushing to see the #170's this time! I'm SO close!