Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #76  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the Welcomes girls!

Lol Yes Lene I am definitely working out everyday. It is ambitious and I love a challenge! Glad to see everyone is actively posting in here. It motivates me.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Day 3 wahoo! I can't believe it's already day 3.
I had 2 beers yesterday and some blueberry cobbler yesterday. But I'm really okay with it. We went to breakfast in the morning with a big bunch of family. I had a huge neighborhood bbq yesterday and so many of my favorite foods were there. Then I went out for a girlfriend's b-day. Everyone at the table got wings, quesadillas, loaded fries and huge frozen drinks. I got a salad, water and diet coke and ate the carrot sticks and celery. I recognize the fact that beer and cobbler are not good choices but I also acknowledge the fact that I could have completely sabotaged myself and didn't. That was a heck of a challenge!
I started my vacation time off work on Friday. I have known this week will be a tough one for me. We leave for the beach Tues. My DH and I have talked about the foods I would like to keep at the hotel so I feel more in control. I am taking workout clothes with me. I don't want to write this week off just because I'm away.

Mrswolf and Mommytoa4pack! Eager to see your goals 4pack!

Primm~ sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on the extra money.

Momma~ I thought about hiding my scale too. But it helps guide me a little and I do keep water weight and salt intake into account if my numbers are ugly.

theresia~jumping rope kicks tail, try to stay cool

dancinggirl~ I hope you had fun lastnight despite how you were feeling beforehand.

Have a great Sunday Chicks!!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #78  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all...

I thought I would try to overcome my shyness by posting this morning.

I walked 2 miles this morning after breakfast. I spent the whole time reading the forums here for inspiration, since the scale didn't help with that. I am a daily weigher, and I am usually okay with the results, since I understand that weight fluctuates. Today, however, is the 5th day on this weight and I am usually a fast loser (especially at the beginning!) so I am a tad bit frustrated. However, I have to take into account that I am exercising A LOT and that may be slowing the weight loss as I build muscle.

I ate before my workout (WW bagel and 2 Tbsp light cream cheese) and ate an apple after my workout. I am drinking green tea right now (a change from coffee - since I cannot stand coffee without cream and I drink tea with half a package of splenda only!) Lunch is Santa Fe rice and beans and dinner will be roast chicken with rice (maybe) and peas.

I am feeling good that I exercised even though I was so not in the mood.

lene - I would have gone for the BBQ stuff - wings, fries, ribs.... mmmmm. I have a severe nut allergy, so I am rarely tempted by sweets, since I grew up not eating them much. My downfall is starchy foods. Anything with a potato is my Achilles heel. Good for you for eating a salad!

Well, I hope you all have a good on plan day...

Heather
Old 08-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #79  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I completed day two yesterday and my past week of walking and swimming is finally paying off! The scale went down a couple pounds. And to top it off. my whole goal of balance and inner peace is working out well.. Im dealing with stress properly and positivly! Woo hoo to everyon else who is off to a great start this month!!
Old 08-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #80  

Alright, today is going to be my regular weigh in day. I lost 3.5 lbs this week, which is awesome.

SW-212.5
CW-209
GW-202.5

Actually, I'd love to get under 200 by the end of this challenge. But I'll be happy with losing 10 this month.

I made some meals this morning to eat during the week. Planning my meals helps so much. I'll chop veggies later so I can throw salads together too.

The Yankees game is starting in a little while, so I'm going to see how the game is going and if things aren't going well, I'll go down and do 30 Day Shred. If things are going well, I'll go down during the 6th or 7th inning and walk on the treadmill. Either way, I'm working out today.

I can't wait until school is done and I can work out first thing in the morning. Right now I have to do homework in the a.m. while it's cool or my computer overheats! Just another thing to save for.

Finances appear to be under control right now, although we got our electric bill and it's gone up by $14 a month. Which is better than the propane, which went up $90 a month! My husband, luckily, can do extra weekends for the Reserves, so that's a little extra our way.

Thanks, Melissa for the info on the coupons. I'm going to have to work on that!

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start.

Welcome to all the new Bootcamp Recruits! It's great to see so many new people!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 264/202/150

Height: 5'4

I'm with you Darby...I'd love to be out of the 200's by the end of this challenge as well!!! 8 more pounds to go!!!!

I worked out 45 minutes last night to both my DVD's add about 10 minutes of cardio and a 30 minute walk with the stroller at my hubbys pace *which is extremely fast* I splurged a little with some one pointer hostess cakes but stayed within my points! Lost 6 pounds in one week!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello my Troops!

Today's been an eventfully emotional one! Joe and I are trying to work on some pretty major issues right now. *sigh* boys...

Anyhow, as of this morning I've lost #1 for this challenge! Only #5.6 to go! I CAN AND WILL DO IT! Another happy thing is that my jeans that my sister gave me 2 weeks ago (16s) are starting to get too big - even right out of the dryer! I'm going to HAVE to win the family Christmas challenge, just so that I can afford new clothes that fit!

Yesterday I did about 15 mins of resistance bands. I'm going to do a full 30 mins today of something! I can't wait until my 30 day shred gets here!!!

to all!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all having a good weekend! The sun is finally out and we’re having a beautiful day! Yay! Not a lot of exercise for me today but I’ve been eating very well so that’s good. I’m glad that one of my goals is to reach a certain number of hours of exercise, that way if I don’t do much on one day I can still catch up and not feel like I’ve blown it all.

Have a happy one!!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #84  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

Height: 5'7"

On tuesday I was unable to eat anything or drink anything for about 14 hours, and I'm used to eating normal meals and drinking about 130 - 150 oz of water. Within the next couple of days my body retained every drop of water I brought in and held on to all of the calories. I'm not quite out of starvation mode, but the scale is going back down thanks to drinking water, but I'm still about 3 pounds over my ticker weight.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #85  
fit for me

S/C/G: 154/153/124

Height: 5'2"

Exclamation yeah

my name is yvonne, i have 3 kids, a husband (so make that 4 kids) and a full time job and i'm also a full time nursing student. grrrrrrrrr
I love challenges.
1. SHOOT AND SCORE!: 30 pounds by november 19: for my husbands birthday. I want to be the sexiest girl there lol

Last edited by bunayguerra; 08-05-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #86  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

1. SHOOT AND SCORE! My goal is to lose 8% Body Fat this month! YAY!! I will find this out on Thursday

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! Exercise: Workout everyday for the whole month! So that would be 1800 Minutes this month. I have stayed true to this. Did my 60 minutes today

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE! I will definitely post 3X a week if not more! lol Here

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW The only way out is through. I got that from someone on a dream board post in the 20 Something's I made a dream board actually last night.

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! I'm going to journal everything starting today! Maybe I am eating unnecessary calories. Realized that the mints I would eat after lunch I could cut out! Lol switch to gum instead.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS! I sleep at least 8 hours most of the time. Slept in today and got 9 hours! whoo hoo

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! I am going to make sure to make a budget and stick with it. Also find recipes for foods I love, but don't know how to make. Well had to buy a new pair of shoes because my others just broke. they are old it's ok.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #87  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I've been reading some books to help me with my balance, my mindfullness and whatnot. I highly recommend it for so many reasons. It's not the newest book out there, but it's an easy read, amazingly helpful and eye opening to the simplest things in life and each chapter is super short so even super busy people can find the time. It gives you a small story from the author's life, then some tasks you can do to help you and some mantras to think of each day or use during mediatation.

Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life
by Judith Hanson Lasater

Get it! Read it! Enjoy it!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #88  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking Ok~ I know I am late, but better late then never right?

hello ladies!

I have been on a roller coster of weight loss for the last several years... gaining and losing the same 30 or so lbs.... I am still up about 20 lbs right now from my lowest weight which was about 4 months ago. I am attending WW meetings again at work but really only doing it half heartily. I want to really work my plan. I am finished with a really stressful semester this summer and I have more time to devote to myself. I am work full-time and attend school part-time taking pre-reqs to apply for the accerlated nursing program at my local CC. I will be able to apply for the program in 2 semesters now!! Yippie... Almost there.

Here are my stats for the start of Aug. Boot Camp!
1. SHOOT AND SCORE! 8 lbs

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! This will be so hard for me!! I will take walks for 30 minutes on my lunch breaks at work. I plan to walk my dog more that I will have time after work.

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE! I love posting on message boards! I will do this with NO problem. I can't wait to get to know all of you ladies!

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! What a Hottie~ Let's keep it that way!

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! I need this! When I leave my weight loss plans to chance something just always seem to get in the way of my best intentions. Plan, Plan, Plan for me!

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS!Yeah! I can do this... I was up late during the summer semester but i wan't to get back to a set bedtime of 11:00 so I will get in 8 hours again.

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! Cooking at Home!! I will not eat out more than three times a week including lunch which will be HARD for me!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

faux - i'llhave to check it out. Incorporating yoga into my week has helped me a TON! Also I find that if I do something quietly for "me" then I feel a lot better too. today was quilting. I have a few babies on the way (friends) that I need to make quilts for!

alright - i'm off to go have some video game playing time Joe's out w/ the boys - so it'll be good for me to just chilax.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

to all the new bootcampers this mont! Looks like a great turnout so far!

Hey fellow bootcampers....this month I'm going to set mini weekly goals to help me achieve my monthly goal..this week I'm not going to be loggin any weights until around Sunday because TOM is here and I don't want any discouragement to get me off track....

My goals for this week are:

To lose 2 lbs and at least 2 inches total, eat 1400 calories daily, drink at least 60 oz water, 4 days a week of 25 minute cardio, 7 days a week of 30 day shred on level 2 at 20 minutes each day, 6 days a week walking at least 3 miles (3 of these 6 days will be couch to 5 K week 1)! Wish me luck...by next Sunday I can be at 237!!!! to me and to everyone else for this coming week!
Closed Thread