Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 264/202/150

Height: 5'4

Hey girls! Okay so far so good with me as well. I see a lot of you on here really stick with it and you're all my inspiration to do the same!! So far I've had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a big salad w/ light italian dressing and croutons along with half a turkey sandwich for lunch. I'm up to 12 points so far today...my mid afternoon snack is carrots with ff ranch and a few pieces of celery with reduced fat peanut butter-3 points! I think I'm doing really good today!! Good luck to everyone and enjoy the weekend!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #47  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I'm in! I always miss the first of months and never get in on these challeneges.. But I made it this time!!

- Goal -
Be binge free and eat only foods that will benefit my body.
10 Pounds down! (276.6.. ahh heck.. let's make it 275)

- Exercise -
My goals for August will be to work out 6 days a week. Walking and swimming being the main plan. Anything extra is a bonus. I wanna do at least 5k with each walk and swim laps for an hour straight ( I will figure out how many laps I can do in an hour and try to build on that by 10 laps)

- Mantra -
Do what you can, and do it FULLY.

- Sleep -
I need to go to bed by 12 at the latest. I have a habit of mindless sitting in front of the computer late at night. No computer after 10.

- Balance -
Balance.. just that word is my mantra for life. I am going to take the time out to meditate and read my millions of books on enlightenment. I am reading ' living your yoga' right now and just reading a bit each day reminds me to stay grounded and calm and ifocused and in perspective and BALANCED.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 216/202/145

Height: 5' 6"

I'm very excited to be part of this boot camp! Reading everyone's posts is SO MOTIVATING!

1. SHOOT AND SCORE!
My goal is to lose 15 pounds. I don't have a siggy yet, but I hope to have it soon.

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! Exercise: cardio 3x week and weight training 3x week.

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE!
I've been posting somewhere here everyday since joining so I don't think it will be a big deal. Of course, usually when I commit to something, then I start backing out. So I may have to make myself a daily reminder.

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
You have to work the program for it to work. I think I have to work on mantras!

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! I really need to schedule my meals and not try to come up with dinner on the seat of my pants. I'm also journaling my food in fitday.com EVERY DAY.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS!
This summer I have been sleeping in, so I'm getting at least 8 hours a night. I'm going to stop falling asleep on the couch, but go upstairs, do my nightly routine and fall asleep IN BED!

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE!
My house is so cluttered! It wasn't too long ago that we had NO CLUTTER and I was 50 pounds LIGHTER! I'm going to de-clutter one room a week.
I'm working on my finances and need to continue this. I can finally pay all my bills every month (knock on wood) so I need to start an emergency fund.

SW: 202.6
GW: 187.6

I want to do my measurements, but have to find a tape measure somewhere.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #49  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

1. SHOOT AND SCORE!I can't make a signature yet (haven't been here long enough) but as soon as I can I will. My goal is to get to 93kg by the end of August. That's 3kg (6.6lb) in 4 1/2 weeks.

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! I plan to do 45 min of exercise 4 times a week.

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE!Posting 3 times a week? No problem!

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW My monthly mantra - hmmmm. "Quitting is NOT an option. " There you go.

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! I will schedule my exercise and eating before I go to bed at night.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS! This is my biggest challenge. I work a mix of days and nights. This week only one night (thank goodness) and I have a week off from the 11th to 17th. I'm going to aim for 6.5 hours sleep in each 24 hours. They may not necessarily be continuous, but that's as good as it gets for me.

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! Funnily enough I just started working on a new budget/spending plan (incorporating savings) last night! So this is my "balance" goal for August - to get my spending under control. My savings account will be $500 higher by the end of August.

There's my goals. Off to go for a run now!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

ahh.... yoga I just did my new DVD and it was GREAT! I completed the 45 mins without feeling bored! Unfortuantely the 4 stores I lookd at didn't have the 30 day shred, so I had to order it online and wait. Oh well I guess I can do something else in the mean time.

I also sucked it up and bought some groceries. I WILL cook meals tomorrow at home! I have to!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 264/202/150

Height: 5'4

So I'm posting again but I feel really great about myself lol. I did 1 hour and 35 minutes of exercise total today...and I have chosen really healthful foods all day!!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

Way to go Jessybessy!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I've had a slow day and I'm feeling pretty blah right now. I did well with the eating but now its late at night and I'm bored and lonely (hubby is at work) and I keep thinking of goodies that I could have. So I thought I'd post here instead.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

My first day went pretty well. Did work in the yard for 80 minutes, so relaxing and no stress .. Then tonight I worked out, 45 min TaeBo, 20 min crunches (500x) and then 1 minute of pushups.. I just tested how many I could do,, my max was 1,5 ...
Tomorrow I'm planning to Jump Rope and do a 30DayShred workout!
Have a good night!!

Last edited by theresia; 08-01-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #54  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

Height: 5'7"

1. Weight loss goal: go from 272 to 260
2. Work out every morning during the week (all cardio, no weight training... got enough muscle)
3. I can do dat!
4. Mantra: Do not give up what you want most for what you want in that moment.
5. Meals/Exercize/Water/Fiber will be planned.
6. Sleep... The ever elusive sleep... Go to bed at 11:30pm and wake at 6:30.
7. Meditation. Productivity. I feel anxious and stressed out at home and at work. When I feel stress coming on, I will meditate for a few minutes and focus on breathing. I will do at least one productive thing in the house each evening when I get home from work. This will make me less stressed as things are being accomplished at home, and my fiance won't get mad at me for sitting on my *** all night long.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Did my BFL cardio at 10 pm tonight, I don't know why I'm such a night person, always save exercise for night - I don't do well in the ams with energy. Someone today complimented me, imagine that? I'm far from being in shape but I've made progress, I LOVE the weight training in my BFL plan because at 40 it's nice to see some toning of arms and legs! Nothing works quicker then weight training these days! I'm also making major progress on my other area, finances - did my budget and now I'm doing investment planning. Between my diet/fitness/nutrition goals and finances in a year I'll have everything turned around. The two actually go together as I really am saving $10-20 per day not eating out, not buying Red Bull (my former 2-3 day habit), cutting junk and sticking with basics (and sales). So that money that one author calls the "latte factor" is going to be automatically put into stocks/bonds every Friday ($70 per week/$240/month for now). Instead of spending money making my body FAT hopefully my investments will get FAT (as my credit cards go down)!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

alright I get it now! I have to take those 7 challenges and write something about it. But to entice you to my blog, I'm going to write about my challenge THERE! it's so I don't get lost in the flow. And because no one visits my blog!

There are links to my blog in my sig and on the side! Have fun! This starts immediately! Okay, wait a couple of minutes until I get it all typed out...

MrsLovett
Old 08-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #57  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I went to bed at a decent hour last night and I woke up.. did some mediation and i'm feeling good Working on my focus and praying for th sun to come out so my exercise won't result in me looking like a drowned rat walking in a rainstorm! lol Looking good everyone!

I feel so much less scatterbrained when all my goals are laid out for me!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/243/199

Wow! Day one is done and looks live everyone did so well: being mindful, eating healthy, working out, turning to positive behaviors rather than unhealthy ones. One day down, 30 to go. We can do this!

I ate within my target calorie range yesterday but didn't have time to exercise. Life gets in the way sometimes, you know? I met with my social supports last night and had a late dinner. I didn't particularly care for eating that late, but needed to get my calories in. I'm adding an increase in water intake as one of my goals.

Here is to Day Two!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

GOOD MORNING GIRLS! Are we ready for Day 2? I know I am!

Leelily - good job avoiding the goodies and coming in here instead!

Jessey - great job on the workout!

Naytally - I Love your Mantra!!! It rings SO true in so many different areas of life! (I may have to steal it! )

Horsey - I'm with you. I keep saying that I'm going to attempt to do a quick WO in the am - but it NEVER happens! I get up with just enough time to get out the door!

faux - here's some Anti-Rain vibes for you! :

MsLovett - i'll go check out the blog in a little bit. I'm bummed.. somehow mine got corrupted and everytime I hit the link to go to it my IE has to shut down! I've just been to to start a new one.

Ok girls - here's to Day #2! Stick with it! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Cool Guess I worked it into the ground!

Some of my workout is with my Wii Fit, and can you believe that after 25 minutes on it today, it said that THE BATTERIES DIED? Help me! I need five more minutes! Maybe I'll run laps around the room or something. This is funky!

MrsLovett
Closed Thread