Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #16  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

My goal for this month is to lose 10lbs and be in the low 220's or the high teens. Working out is no problem I actually work out about five days a week. I am in I like a few others have been losing and gaining the same five lbs for a few weeks now...LOL I am ready to get solid in the low 220's so get ready and here I come!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 260/243/199

Height: 5'4"

I'm new here and need this bootcamp.

My wedding and (cruise) honeymoon are over and I'm feeling and seeing the weight creeping back on. The feeling of fitting into smaller clothes is such a high for me, but now those clothes and what pants I took in are getting tight which is a call to action. Being accountable to someone else is definitely in my tool box. I just need to find people willing to provide that for me.

1. SHOOT AND SCORE!
Realistically, 7 pounds would make me happy.

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!!
Turbo Jam and walking

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE!
Sometimes I feel that what I have to say is of no importance, but will post updates at least.

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
"Life: Make it the one you've always wanted."

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! Schedule tomorrow today!
Wow! I cannot tell you how important this step is. I realize that not being prepared is my biggest downfall. I get hungry (and cranky) and have to be somewhere in 10 minutes and I grab something totally unhealthy.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS!
Not a problem now that the wedding is over.

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE!
I get together with a group of social supports at least twice a week. We discuss topics, feelings and behaviors and share how we integrate them in our lives.

This is going to be fun. It will be great to see where we all are at the end of August.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello! I would love to join.. I joined in June, but the forum crash made me "forget" about it.. Now it's a new day!

1. SHOOT AND SCORE! My goal is to lose 5 pounds. (I am losing slowly right now, but I'll give it a shot.. )

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! That wont be a problem. I'm planning to do 4 30DayShred every week, and Jump Rope and some more stuff..

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE! I'll do my best, I'm not the biggest talker

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW This month I dedicate to myself. I have a lot of free time this month, so it's now or never!!

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! I've done my workout schedule for the whole month! Now I just have to follow it As for my eating I have one day every week that I allow myself to eat some sweet stuff.. That make it easier than never been able to eat it.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS! I am happy right now to be able to sleep 8 hours every night!!

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! I will work on myself this month, my "beauty" , Take care of my skin and my hair!!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Hey Enygirl!! Nice to see you too! Its funny how you run into the same people!
Im doing my goals today ready for tomorrow:
1. SHOOT AND SCORE! Goal for this month: 5lbs

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE! I promise to try and actually write something each day!!

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! Plan plan plan is the only way I can lose weight!! So i am committed to logging my calories into the online site i use.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS! I do this anyway, hurrah!

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! About to make a huge life change, moving to scotland with H2B away from family, everything familiar, I will not less the stress of it get me down and make me treat my body like a garbage can!!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

:welcome newbies! I LOVE the outcome that we're getting! You all better stick with us for the next Month!!!

I'm still waiting until tomorrow to post my goals. I want an accurate starting weight. Which is funny - I weighed myself last night with the scale on my very padded carpet and it read #116.8! If only it was that easy to lose #70!!! But it gave me a nice chuckle.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Hi! Is it ok if I join even though I don’t have signature capabilities yet?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

leelily!!!

I'm sure Eny will let it slide for you!!!! LOL! Just keep us updated since we won't be able to see it in your ticker....you'll get your signature capabilities after 20 days (to the exact time you registered so if you registered at 10pm you won't get it till 10pm 20 days later) and at least 20 posts!! But by then you will have a good loss to show on a ticker!!!

Eny - I'm with you.....I think I am gonna wait till tomorrow and post my goals and my start numbers....I already have my goals but I have to post finish on July tomorrow so I will use it as my start for August!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

1. SHOOT AND SCORE! -
  • 10lbs weight loss
  • 28 hrs of exercise of some sort including 2000 crunches (some people do 500 hundred a day - not me though )
2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! - Agreed!

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE! - Agreed!

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! - You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.... You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Rosevelt

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY! - Makes sense to me!

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS! - Agreed!

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! - Clean out clutter! Practice positive self-talk!

Start weight - 231.5 lbs
Aug 1 - na
Aug 8 -230 lbs
Aug 15 -
Aug 22 -
Aug 29 -
Final weigh-in -

Some of my goals seem a bit lofty to me but it’s the perfect time to get my buns moving. I’m not working right now and at the beginning of September we'll be taking a trip to New York City and since we’ll be doing a lot of walking, I want to be fitter so I can enjoy the visit. Also, a month of crunches and taking vitamins is a good experiment. I want to know if they make a difference in how I feel or look.

Thanks for starting a great challenge! Good luck everyone!

Last edited by leelily; 08-12-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

leelily - EVERYONE IS also if you keep posting (see #3) You'll be able to get that signature in no time!

momma - I'm bummed that I let myself go the last week & 1/2 - I'm not going to hit my July goal.. which means I'm going to have to push even MORE in August! I've already picked out the DVDs that I'm ordering on Amazon as soon as my paycheck goes through! I'm EXCITED! I also want to get back into the habit of doing a short WO in the morning. Which means I'll have to go to bed earlier in order to accomplish #6! This can work!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #25  
Changing for the better

Hi everyone!!! Another newbie here - just joined in May and have been hanging out in Featherweights for the most part. I have about 5lbs left to get to my "goal weight," but I think I will focus more on diet/exercise than the # on the scale since I am trying to build up my muscle which is denser than fat anyways. I am so excited to start the month off right and I want to end the summer with a BANG - a.k.a. at goal!! So here we go...

- Goal -
My rate of weight loss has been about 1lb/week for 11 weeks, so I will shoot for a 4lb-loss by the end of August.

- Exercise -
My goals for August will be to work out 6 days per week - 5 days of moderate/intense cardio exercise for an hour, and 1 day of light cardio. I will do strength training 3-4x/week and pushups/crunches EVERY day!! Also, I will walk for at least 45 min. 3 days/week during my lunch hour at work.

- Mantra -
"If you always did what you always do, you'll always get what you always got." Plus what's in my signature already

- Sleep -
At the beginning of the summer, I was going to bed early; now, I am hitting the hay later and later...this is a great goal for me because I can tell right away when I'm not getting enough sleep. I will focus on getting a solid 8 hours' worth of sleep - which means going to bed by 9:30pm or so.

- Balance -
All I have been doing lately is working and exercising at the gym, and I think my social life could use some attention! So this month my "balance" goal will be to get out there, meet with people, and just hang out and relax before the academic year starts up again.

Good luck everyone!!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Great job Eny! I love our guidelines. I will do my official post tomorrow. I told you guys before that I will be vacationing the 1st week in August. I will try to bring my laptop. Dh will love me for that. I will do my official last weigh-in to close my July bootcamp in the AM.
Great to see so many new faces. August here we come!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 PM   #27  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

I'm soo in..I'll be back tomorrow with all my info
Old 07-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #28  

Bring on August! I'm ready!

1. SHOOT AND SCORE! Alright, my goal is to lose 10 lbs this month. I know I'm reaching, but I think I can do it. I'm starting at 208.5, so that will take me down to 198.5 (under 200, FINALLY).

2. WORK! COVER GIRL!!! I have been so wishy washy with exercise, but I'll be working out (HARD) 4x weekly!

3. COME ON IN THE WATER'S FINE! Posting is a piece of cake for me! Especially if I'm doing well. Funny how I disappear when I'm not doing so great!

4. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW-Hmm, I'll have to think on this. But I will be thinking very positively.

5. TODAY IS TOMORROW'S YESTERDAY!-Scheduling is good. I do SO much better if I plan my meals, exercise, etc.

6. WITHOUT ENOUGH SLEEP WE ALL BECOME TALL TWO-YEAR-OLDS!-I do ok on sleep (especially if I'm eating right and exercising).

7. BALANCE, PEACE AND JOY ARE THE FRUIT OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE! -Well, we're working hard on our finances and we "should" be out of cc debt by the end of August. But I need to sit down and do a budget so we don't slide back into debt. I also need to get control of my house (esp. my basement). School will be done by the 11th, so I will jump on the house after that. I also want to wean myself off of t.v. I realized I watch it way too much and I'm wasting my life watching other people live.

So, that's it. August is going to be my month! I also have my trip in December to get ready for. My husband and I go to Vegas every December (well, we just started last year), and I promised myself I wouldn't spend my next visit there feeling fat amongst all those sexy girls.

Good luck to all! We can totally do this!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 264/202/150

Height: 5'4

1. My goal is #10 in 4 weeks, if I lose more than that's awesome but I'm
sticking with a small goal for now.

2. I haven't worked out since last year lol...but I started my 30 minutes
today by working out to the 10 minute solution, dance it off and tone it
up DVD. They have 5 different workouts that each last 10 minutes and you
can mix and match to make your own workout...it's great but I am working
my way up to the dance workout because I have no rhythm lol!!

3. I will do my best to post 3 times a week but life can be hectic
sometimes so if I miss a few days I'm sorry but I will do my best!!

4. No pain...no gain lol, that's what we said in the army and it motivated
me so much!!

5. I'm doing the weight watchers thing on my own, so I can have 26 points
a day...today I had 27 but I was allotted 2 extra points for the exercise
I did...I'll update my progress regularly.

6. I promise to at least get 6.5 hours a night, it may be broken sleep..
like I said an 8 month old never promises you adequate sleep every nite.

7. I like to think I'm organized but one major thing I need to work on in
is finding something I can do for ME. I find myself always doing for
others....I never really take time out of every day for me...when I'm not
playing with Brianna...I'm washing clothes or doing dishes or cooking my
hubby lunch...I pledge to take 30 minutes every day to read a book or sit
on the patio with a nice cup of tea.

I hope this is what I'm supposed to do...this is my first "thread" on 3FC.
I'm a new member so if I'm not doing this right please lemme know. Thankx!

Jess
Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

kitegirl - and

Eny - I think you need to reward yourself more often!!! You were on plan for a long long time there for a while ....and you know as well as I do if you fall off plan it is hard to get back on the horse! You can only control what is in the future!!! Suck it up girlfriend! Get back on that horse and meet your August goal! BUT....reward yourself every week.....you need to set aside some private time to yourself where you don't have to rush...and get a new haircut or get your hair styled (I even have them wash my hair...that really makes me feel pampered!), get your eyebrows waxed, give yourself a bubble bath, a pedicure, a manicure, buy an inexpensive set of earrings or some shoes that are on sale.....or reward yourself with a new workout dvd...walmart has some inexpensive ones....but if your working your butt off day in and day out and you don't anything to reward yourself then you start to dread working out and then you don't work out one day and then several days...and then the all or nothing thinking starts...."hmmm...I haven't worked out in a couple days...I may as well have lunch at McDonald's" and before you know it 3 lbs are packed right back on! STOP!!!! If your in a workout rut...change your workout!!! but get back up on that horse...and that's an order missy...LOL ...that was your butt kickin' from me...LOL

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 07-31-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Closed Thread