Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #31  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I think i'll try and cook on sunday. I have a show saturday night.....got all showered and smell better and i'm about to go get on the stairstepper again. If I could only flipping manage to NOT BINGE at dinnertime. Then I think i'd be ok *sighs*
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #32  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hi everybody! So the good news is that the scale was down to 211.8 this morning. YEAH! hope it keeps going in that direction. Today I went to a daylily farm with my mom and walked around about 2 acres like three times. Man I'm tired. Don't even have time to work out tonight. Well it's the first day off in a while. I'll get back to it tomorrow. My son is in his show "Alice in Wonderland" starting tonight and through the weekend. Maybe I'll go see it tomorrow, then on the weekend when my daughter comes home.

Let's see if I can give a quick shout out to everyone.

Nix- hope things are on the upswing for you and BF. I see your scale is being kind also.

Shari- Glad you got a break. I know you're young, but gotta have some down time still.

Jeni- Spiders don't bother me. But let me see a snake and I scream like a banshee. None of ours are poisionous but man I hate them. I would kill them if I had the guts. Keep working hard for that prize money.

Knitt- It has rained here for a couple of days, but it cooled off. It was beautiful today. It's coming your way. Hang on.

Holyt- No pain, no gain.

Luna- Dance your pants off. Hey, we all deserve a break sometimes. Mine was tonight. Gotta get back to it tomorrow.

Aud- What better time to really kick it in gear? A weight loss contest. When I was doing mine at work, it was very motivating. I lost a lot of weight during that time. Go for it!!

Gahundy- Get those Nike's on and "just Do It" as they say. I found that once I dug in hard there was no stopping me. I am devoted and committed. sure i'll whine and get depressed, but I never stop. You can do it.

Okay, I'm tired and headed to bed. See ya tom.
W- same
E- same
E- smelling the daylilies
D- Every great life starts with a dream.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #33  
Calorie Counter

Quick

WEED is normal workday. million things to do this morning.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

good morning all-
ok well today was my official weigh in day and i have gained 2 pounds. welll i actually gained them last week but i don't count it as a gain unless i see it 2 weeks in a row b/c my weight fluctuates by a couple of pounds all the time. i was hoping it was just water, guess not. anyway it is just the eye opener i need to get my butt in gear.
w: 3 bottles
e: 1500 cal
e: 1 hour yoga/30 min treadmill
d: don't let your brain hold your butt hostage!!!!

i know i have the power to change the way my mind works and that i can lose the weight i need to inorder to be a healthy and strong woman.
gahundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #35  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Ugh....this morning i feel a little pukey. I hope that i don't have a headache coming on, cuz smells just don't help any at all. I have too much to do and not enough time or strength to do it all. I know i'm not prego....spent too many years on the pill and i believe I'm the only female in the family that it works for...on both mine and his sides of the family.

We got our security deposit back from the old rental and we were taken for more than half of our deposit. They charged us $275 for blinds and cleaning.....which is sad because the blinds were perfect, we cleaned that stupid house.......top to bottom....they took us for our money. They lied to us originally about air conditioning, and when we did the first walk through with them, i asked that they replace a vertical blind clip. They used a bread twist tie. Can you believe that? A bread twist tie!!! And they have the nerve to charge us out of our security deposit for blinds that had no problems, and cleaning that was already done. Out of $1100 we got $475 back.

I really need a vacation and I should get one in a couple of weeks, but I know how it goes. You see, last night, after coming home from work, and waiting on DH to get done playing with whatever he was doing...I had to bribe him into the shower with dinner. He's been home 2 days and has turned into a total slob. So after a full day of b.s. at work, stopping off at the produce stand, dealing with DH and his stupid self.....I'm trying to post messages for my new classes, and he's whining that he wants dinner.

10 pm here i am, cleaning the kitchen mess that HE left...cooking his dinner, and his sorry butt was the one on vacation. He could've done the dishes, cleaned up the mess he said he would clean up. Instead he sat on his butt and did nothing. I wish I had that luxury, because I'm pretty sure that when my vacation time comes, he'll *have* to fly, and I'll have to take Captain with me by myself. As usual he will have no responsiblity. jerk *sighs*

I need salad type stuff...i'm thinking of doing big chef salads or whatever kinds of salads for dinner....saving bigger meals for lunchtime instead. That way I don't feel the need to overeat so much on dinner, and have a little room for a healthy dessert.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #36  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ya WEED'ies! Ooooowie - let's get our Groove On to that one today/tonite? brb . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #37  
aud
lc lifestyle

HEY YA!
OUTKAST
Featuring ANDRE 3000

[Intro]
One two three uh!

[Verse One - Andre 3000]
My baby don't mess around
Because she loves me so
And this I know for shooo..
Uh, But does she really wanna
But can't stand to see me
Walk out the dooor..
Don't try to fight the feelin'
Because the thought alone is killing me right nooww..
Uh, thank god for mom and dad
For sticking two together
'Cause we don't know hooowww...
UH!

[Chorus:]
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa..
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa..
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa..
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa..
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa..
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa..
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa..
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa..

[Verse Two - Andre 3000]
You think you've got it
Ohh, you think you've got it
But got it just don't get it
Till' there's nothing at
AaaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaallllll..
We get together
Ohh, we get together
But seperate's always better when there's feelings
InvooooooOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOlved
If what they say is "Nothing is forever"
Then what makes, Then what makes, Then what makes
Then what makes, Then what makes LOOVVEEE?
(Love exception) So why you, why you
Why you, why you, why you are we so in denial
When we know we're not happy heeeerrreeee...
Y'all don't want me here you just wanna dance

[Chorus]
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa.. (OHH OH)
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa.. (OHH OH)
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa.. (Don't want to meet your daddy, OHH OH)
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa.. (Just want you in my Caddy OHH OH)
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa.. (OHH OH, don't want to meet yo' mama OHH OH)
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa.. (Just wan't to make you cumma OHH OH)
Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa.. (I'm, OHH OH I'm, OHH OH)
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa.. (I'm just being honest OHH OH, I'm just being honest)

[Bridge - Andre 3000]
Hey, alright now
Alright now fellas, (YEAH!)
Now what's cooler than bein' cool?
(ICE COLD!) I can't hear ya'
I say what's cooler than bein' cool?
(ICE COLD!) whooo...
Alright, alright, alright, alright
Alright, alright, Ok now ladies, (YEAH!)
And we gon' break this thing down in just a few seconds
Now don't have me break this thang down for nothin'
Now I wanna see y'all on y'all baddest behavior
Lend me some suga', I am your neighbor ahh here we go!
Shake it, shake, shake it, shake it (OHH OH)
Shake it, shake it, shake, shake it, shake it, shake it (OHH OH)
Shake it, shake it like a Polaroid Picture, shake it, shake it
Shh you got to, shake it, shh shake it, shake it, got to shake it
(Shake it Suga') shake it like a Poloroid Picture

[Verse Three - Andre 3000 Repeating "Shake it" in background]
Now while Beyonce's and Lucy Lui's
And baby dolls, get on the floor
(Get on the floor)
You know what to dooo..
You know what to dooo..
You know what to do!

[Chorus]
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa.. (Uh oh, Hey Ya)
Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa.. (Uh, uh, OHH OH)

[Chorus continues until fade]

Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #38  
aud
lc lifestyle

Groove firmly in place, thank you very much. Had a GREAT Day One back on plan . . . w/i at the Challenge at work and vowed to lose 25 poundaronies in 5 weeks . . . GREAT prizes btw . . . I'm going for the $100 gift certificate to Lowe's I think . . . took my own advice and climbed me some stairs last night - almost collapsed - no joke.

Rockin ON!

SO GLAD you're not preggers holyT! I've never known anyone on the pill to really get pregnant unless they weren't taking them.

Adding Mmunchies back into my life today (HI MOTHER IF YOU'RE OUT THERE-MISS YA!) Gonna try for 10 p/u's and 50 crunches . . . ttyal!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #39  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to the rest of the girls in my family. I'm not worried about it though, not today. Ok i'm gonna shake it like a polaroid picture in the workout room I think. Fat's still hurtin but hey LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #40  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, though I'm not in the challenge this time around, I wanted to share something that makes me think of y'all and the "D" in WEED (daily inspiration!).

From Superchick's new CD:

ONE MORE

It feels like I have lost this fight
They think that I am staying down
But I'm not giving up tonight
Tonight the wall is coming down
I am stronger than my fears
This is the mountain that I climb
Got 100 steps to go
Tonight I'll make it 99

I have everything to lose
By not getting up to fight
I might get used to giving up
So I am showing up tonight
I am my own enemy
The battle fought within my mind
If I can overcome step one
I can face the 99

One more, go one more, yeah yeah
Don't stop now, go one more, yeah yeah
One more, go one more, go one more, yeah yeah

Here's to y'all and the "one more" steps you take every day.

WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #41  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Had a good laugh when I read aud's post. You can now officially say you know someone who got pregnant while on the pill, faithfully. ME!!! Yep it's true. Now let me expand. My husband was leaving me, I was devastated and distraught. I was not eating well and getting sick like everyday from my nerves. Hence that little pill was going straight thru me everyday. Surprise. My hubbie came back for like a year before heading out again.

Now, about my day. The scale was up a pound, back to 212.8. But here's the funny thing. I went for a walk/jog today (ran first mile in 13 min.) and worked in the yard all day. Came in a little bit ago and scale says 211.8. Guess I just have to work my a** off. Hope that scale looks good tomorrow.

Gahundy- Don't fret those 2 pounds, just beat em down. Work hard and they will flee.

Holyt- I sued a landlord once for keeping my deposit. I won, they were stupid. Plus the lady was crazy. It was some work, but it was worth it to me. They charged me for ridiculous things, like pet stains, no pet, bay formula stains on the carpet. Huh? Oh well. thank the lord I own my own house now.

Well gotta hop in the shower so I can go see my little boy in his show tonight. I love the theatre, even college theatre. See ya tomorrow with good news from the scale.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 AM   #42  
running my mass off

S/C/G: 197/187/117

Height: 5'5"

Hey all,
mtiger: I eat mainly lettuce, and potatoes...I call myself a runner, for I try and run everyday. I run 5K's to inspire myself to get better. I hope you sign up for one, you will be amazed what it does for your spirit, I love having everyone shout words of encouragment as you go by, its energizing.
jcatron243:Keep up the good work!!!! Running is amazing for the body.
I was starting to feel like I was getting shin splints so I took Thursday off (I ran 4 miles on Wednesday), the pain has all but gone away so I will be running this morning after work at 6am.
A very proud moment in house this week... DH was officially discharged from PHYSICAL THERAPHY Wednedsay!!! They told him there is nothing more thay can do for him, it is all about healing and continuing to go to the gym. He was elated by the news, as we go to the gym 6 sometimes 7 days a week so this was nothing new to him, but happy news that he is progressing ahead of schedule. We celebrated by going to the movies and seeing The Dark Knight...surprisingly it was very good.
NO POPCORN!!! We behaved ourselves.
WEED for 7/25/08
W 72+
E run 4 maybe 5 miles
E 1200 cals.
D live for today, as tomorrow is not guarenteed
liligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

hey there beautiful ladies!! It's Friiiiiiiiiidaaaayyyy, yay!!

gahundy - just use those 2 lbs showing up as motivation to get to the gym, and before you know it they'll be off along with some extra ones if you keep it up!!

holy - that's ridiculous, they're just squeezing every cent they can out of you, there must be something you can do about this!! I would raise **** if I were you, but I'm just sometimes too fiesty for my own good . . .and I definitely understand your annoyance and frustration with your DH, but the silver lining is when he's lazy and you have to do all that stuff you're active and burning even more calories! Every little bit helps! And I hope you feel better!

aud - good luck with the challenge!! You can do it! I wish we had something at my job where we could get prizes for losing weight, it seems like such good motivation! But then again, I don't know if I'd like my coworkers knowing how much I weigh. . . I told my bf last night for the first time ever and that's only cuz I was a bit tipsy haha. It's not a number I share with anyone really.

mtiger - my boss from an old job got pregnant on the pill too, she was throwing up every day from the flu and didn't think about the pill not absorbing. My dr tried to put me on the patch once cuz I'm always sick and on antibiotics that mess with the pill, but I'm too scared to try the patch or the ring for weight gain reasons and just some other things I've heard. Good job on running the mile!!! How was the play? My roommate is a theater major and I love going to see the plays that she is in.

lili - wow, no popcorn at a movie? That's willpower!! I saw the Dark Night last weekend but it was a 10:20pm showing and it's soooooooo long that I totally fell asleep in the theater. . oops! From what I saw it was really good, but I'm going to have to go see it again. Hopefully during the middle of the day haha

My scale had stayed at 145 and TOM was here so I wasn't sure if it was a plateau or if it was TOM's fault. . .well I stepped on the scale yesterday to see 141.8!!! We're just gonna say that it's 142 which means an 8lb loss in 5 weeks. . . yay!!! I was sick and didn't go to work yesterday and slept until 4pm (my body needed it, I was so sleep deprived!) so I didn't manage to cram my full amount of calories in. . .I wasn't really surprised when the scale was lower today b/c of it and I'm guessing it's just water weight that's gone cuz I was exactly 140.0! Whether that's really what I weigh right now or not it is still encouraging to see that number! That means I can definitely reach my goal of being in the mid to low 130s by Aug 25!! I'm stoked. And proud of myself!

I'm going to PA this weekend to visit some family, which I'm definitely excited about but my aunt is this amazing cook who always has tons of appetizers and huge gourmet meals that taste sooooooooooo amazing, but I'm positive there is no way they can be low cal or low fat. Dangit. I'll have to fill up on the salads and attempt to avoid everything else. . .but man, that spinach and artichoke dip is going to be so tempting!!!

Here's my WEED for the weekend:
W-2L/day
E-I won't have access to a gym but they do have DDR and a wii, so I'll make a point to be active with those!
E-keep it around 1200 calories by filling up on the salads and avoiding the appetizers!
D-I can do this!

Last edited by lunabella; 07-25-2008 at 09:55 AM.
lunabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #44  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Hey luna i never thought about it that way He got totally trashed again last night, but made breakfast this morning..I had a pancake and 2 eggs with a peach from my tree out back!! I am exhausted from running around getting errands done last night. I didn't get to bed til late and i am exhausted, so lunch will either be spent laughing and ignoring the fact that my frozen meal isn't filling or super fantastic, or out in my car sleeping
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #45  
aud
lc lifestyle

'Morning WEED'ies! Didn't get to sleep til 5:30am - urghghghghg . . . had to handle a pretty severe case of Hostile Workplace - double urghghghghgh - Forgot to do my bio when I re-signed for WEED - and I know somebody asked awhile back:

I'm 47 and work full time nights as a Union Official. My DH is disabled (inoperable brain aneurysm - but they got the tumor) and we have a 10 yr old DD. I also have a 21 yr old DD (All of us soon to be 48/11 & 22 yrs old) . . . I've been up & down in weight - but early menopause a few years back started kicking my butt & killing my metabolism. I'm seeing the light at the end of the lack of hormone-tunnel *I think* *I hope* *I pray* Been on every diet over the years - sticking with Atkins/low carb for the long haul/wol.

So yeah last nite was exhausting . . . but I was still full of energy & vim & a dash of vigor . . . just so thankful that I've finally got a grip & made a decision to once again to STOP self-medicating with food overload!

I've fought a few landlords for my deposit back holyT . . . IA to raise some **** - they might give you part or all of it to just shut you up.

THANKS for some "D" Inspiration WarMaiden - glad you popped back by . . . how are ya?

Me & eyeofMtiger are leading parallel lives - I got pregnant during a nervous breakdown-type situation myself - think I was vomiting my bc pills. God-awful memories of that time . . . my niece also got preggers on the pill with anti-biotic . . . not sure if Dr.s even KNEW that back in the Dinosaur Days of My Fertility luna!

lili lili liliG . . . WOW . . . all that running! Just AWESOME!

I'm doing good on WEED . . . just not getting my water in so better Post here in TGIF'Land:

W: Get to 64oz tonight auddie

E: Walking has been my goal this week - and I'm getting 'er done!

E: OP & delicioso

D: Counting My Blessings