Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 173.3/166.7/135

Height: 5'2"

My piggie turned bronze last night! I was really bored - I did three hours of Fit last night. Not a lot to do when you live in the middle of nowhere, get off work at 4:30 and can't drive because of an ice storm.

The Fit told me it wouldn't track anymore after three hours - guess it thought that I had enough.

Being on it for a while does really make my feet hurt though. Does anyone have any suggestions, or will I get used to it?
janal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 220/Tracker/150

Height: 5'4"

I've noticed that my feet hurt too after awhile and they seem to stay achey for quite awhile after I am done especially around the instep. I had been wondering about this as well.
CoraLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #258  

How many hours do you have to log before your piggy turns a different color?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 152/130/125

Height: 5'3"

I know your not supposed to but I wear a pair lightweight shoes when I do any of the aerobic activities. They are sporty, slip on flats(with great arch support) from Sketchers. They are VERY lightweight. I just have to have the support.

The step has no issue with the shoes and it reads perfectly when I step on and off.

I don't wear them for the body test, balance, strength or yoga as I know the board needs to pick up on the slightest of movements. I don't really need the shoes then anyway.

I just can't imagine doing aerobics barefoot...ouch.
ContessaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #260  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I've only been on my fit about 3 times since xmas for about an hour each time, but I've heard a few people say 'I do this exercise for so many minutes etc' and I know the more you do the more options you get, but is there eventually an option to lengthen the time you do the aerobic exercises or reps?

My wii does motivate me but my family are always on the move so its hard to get time alone to do my thing.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #261  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janal14 View Post
The Fit told me it wouldn't track anymore after three hours - guess it thought that I had enough.
Being on it for a while does really make my feet hurt though. Does anyone have any suggestions, or will I get used to it?
Weird...I never thought it'd actually tell you to stop. As for the soreness, i did feel it when I first got the Fit, then I guess you get used to it, because it doesn't bother me anymore. I have seen that they have this protective cover that you can put on top that seems to be made of some sort of rubber. Maybe that will give you a bit more cushion?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
I've only been on my fit about 3 times since xmas for about an hour each time, but I've heard a few people say 'I do this exercise for so many minutes etc' and I know the more you do the more options you get, but is there eventually an option to lengthen the time you do the aerobic exercises or reps?
You will unlock "advanced" options on some of the exercises so for example hula hoops and boxing you will be able to do for 10 min. straight, and with the step and running, you will unlock the free modes where you can set them to go for up to 10 min. I think, and you can even do them while you watch something else on TV.
As for the reps on strength training you will unlock some more advanced options as well with more reps.
If you want to do more reps, you will have to keep pressing the "retry" button but I think that's a small inconvenience once you get used to it and sometimes I even welcome the short break hehe.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #262  
Burning it away

I thought so, I've unlocked a few things already but the 'retry' thing on muscle and yoga workout bugs me, I was curious more about the aerobic options. Thanks for answering my question!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Just finished doing wii fit for 35 min. I did advanced steps, expert boxing, hoola hoops, and free step. It felt good! I haven't been on in a while. I even beat my previous high score on advanced steps...I think it was like 660.

woohoo!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #264  

I got 30 min. in today but I plan to do at least an hour tomorrow morning.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #265  

I managed to get an hour and a half in this morning.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #266  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Coming in to report that I've done Jillian Michaels' 2009 Fitness Ultimatum three days this week on the Wii Fit. Also did some balance games on the Wii Fit itself, just to remember what those were like.

I've learned that I can create a custom workout on Jillian's program (just wish I could SAVE it and not have to create it each time) choosing the areas I want to work on and the intensity level AND MUSIC I prefer. Awesome!

Really doing some work on my butt and thighs. And I took my measurements and am REALLY cutting down the size of my hips and abs, using Jillian on the Wii Fit. That's exactly what I was hoping for--something that would kick up my workout a bit. Yay!

Hope everyone has had a great week and will have a delightful weekend! I plan to do one more day of Jillian this week, but may do two more, because it's so much fun. But I do like having "break days" too when the workouts are that intense. Not sure if taking a break is bad or good, but it feels like it's "working" for me, so that's what I'm doing for now.

Woo hoo!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 152/130/125

Height: 5'3"

I did an hour today. I'm finally pushing throught the plateau I've been in for the past 3 months. It has to be because of the WiiFit...it's the only thing I'm doing differently. I now only have 5lbs to my final goal!

How much time do you have to have before the piggy turns bronze?
ContessaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #268  

I did an hour and fifteen this morning and my piggy turned bronze when it hit the ten hour total mark.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/112

Height: 5ft 1

I've been naughty and not been on the fit for a few days

My favourite activity is the advanced boxing. My least favourite is the jogging, but I hate that IRL anyway
muppetmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #270  
Burning it away

I love the jogging, I hate it irl too but mainly because I'll get to the end of the road and think 'sod it' wheras with the fit I tend to get to the end just to prove to myself I can do it.

I'm totally loving the muscle workouts too, very sore from those!