Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Day 7 of ON Plan - COMPLETE! I'm still going to do some more working out - but I've completed what I wanted to today. 800 cals burnt over what my intake was.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

I vote for Eny to start the next challenge if you can't Horsey! She is experienced at it...I bet she can make some good rules.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Yes I vote for Eny too! I think she would come up with some good rules and incorporate some of our old ones too!

I did my 40 min lower body BFL weight routine tonight. Was a little shaky from allergy meds (which I am quitting as the side effects are worse then allergies it seems). But I DID IT!

I also wrote a detailed list for my trip including snacks, meal ideas, restaurant & fast food ideas, plus workouts (one for resistance using bands and body weight and other ideas for cardio (20-30 min intervals) including the ropeless jump rope, walking stairs, swimming pool exercises, etc). I'm going to be gone about 7-8 days like last time. In the good old days I used to pig out with comfort food after long days, and then watch cable (NOT good). I have my BFL journal to take along and I'll try to stay on track as much as I can (even the crazy 5-6 meals per day). I'm going to try to "maintain" on this trip (and others) then push more weight loss while at home in Aug. However if I eat clean I just might lose the last two weeks of July...
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #109  

You guys are SO sweet! I have no problem starting the thread and making up rules as long as Horsey's by my side! You got us into this - you can't leave me now girl!

I'll be happy when you're not traveling in Aug. It'll give you more time to focus on you, and to come in here and post

I'll start thinking of some good "rules" (more like ideas) for August - I'm going to push you girls - you can bet on it!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #110  

horsey - Your so great! First of all I just want to give you kudos for the planning! Your going to be soooo successful! Just remember this "Prior Planning Prevents future Problems!" ha ha ha...we used to say that at McDonald's! Man isn't it true though! It sounds like you have a great plan! Make sure to keep healthy snacks on you while at work! I think its great your just shooting to maintain...but with the plan you got...I am betting you come back with a definate loss!!!!! I can't wait to find out!! Secondly, I think it is so great that we have such a close knit group of ladies here! I think it is great that your going to allow someone else to start your thread and not get all upset about it! This is the very FIRST FORUM EVER in my life where I have found such support and no one bickers and fights! No one is insulting or mean and petty or imature! I love that! I look forward to doing this first thing in the morning and to end my day as well!!

Eny - You go girl...keep those wheels turning and really challenge us...we need to end the summer well...and keep on track for the labor day challenge!!! Yayyyy!!! I can't wait!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #111  

Hey there Bootcamp girls,
Things are going well here. I'm very nearly done with my homework for the week, so I'll have time to do a good workout (Momma-I have 30 day shred, so I'm going to try that) and get ready for our guest who are supposed to arrive on Monday. I'm also taking care of the neighbors horse, so that will be a bit of a walk back and forth to her house.

horsey-you have unlocked the secret to health and weightloss. Planning, planning, planning. Good for you! I also think Eny will be great to take over while you're gone. But make sure you come back!! How are the allergies? This has been a bad year for allergies. Up until just recently I'd see clouds of pollen floating across the yard. It was so thick I'd sometimes wonder if it was smoke!

Enygirl-Is that 800 calories a day you're burning? You go! That's got to be tough. Good job.

Lene-my husband isn't much on the compliments either. So I bloom when somebody else gives them to me! It makes all the hard work worthwhile, doesn't it? You're doing great-hang in there!

Momma-You're doing so great! I just love your enthusiasm! How far into the 30 day shred are you? I know there are 3 levels; do you stay in each level for 10 days?

Alright, yesterday I had a bit of a rough day. I was just hungry all day! I didn't do terribly, but I am up a pound today. I figured out that my weight really is up and down almost daily. It's never steady loss, and if I stay mostly on plan, it's not too much gain. So I need to not be too disappointed if my weight goes up one day. I really should only weigh myself once or twice a week, but it's so hard!

Anyway, have a great Thursday, everyone! You're all doing so well!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Horsey~ I love the fact that you have put so much thought into your trip. You are going to do fantastically (made that word up just for this occasion )
Eny~ Thanks for stepping up for the team. I know you will guide us well. Great job on 7 days OP. I used to give myself stars on my calendar for everyday I exercised and would love to see them line up in a row.
Momma~ I agree with you. This is a great board in general and a fabulous group. We might be small but it's nice to be challenging ourselves with others who are so very supportive and have a lot of advice to share.
Darby~ Don't worry about that pound. I was very hungry all day yesterday too. I ate a heavier dinner than I normally do. Today's a new day and we have 4 days till weigh in.
When I log off this board I'm going to go get my exercise in for this afternoon. I really need to do my couch to 5K program but it is so flippin hot outside. I don't think I can do three 8 minute runs in 92 degree weather. Maybe tonight when the sun goes down. I'll just do weights this afternoon and the 20 minute shred.
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #113  

Darby - Thanks!!! I love the 30 day shred! But then again I love Jillian! She is my favorite trainer on TBL. I just finished day 12 on the 30 day shred. I'm starting to get level one down pretty good....Its hard...I modified some of the moves on my own and have been able to work up to what they are doing in a short amount of time....I suggest doing it without weights if you just can't do it with the weights at first....and work up to that...thats what I had to do. Also, I don't have problems doing the first couple sets of jumping jacks but towards the end I have to modify them even though she doesn't do a modified jumping jack.....my calf muscles were pretty week too so I wasn't able to do the jump rope the way she does it...mine looked more like the butt kicks she does...but I can do them the way she does them now....

I tried level 2 the other day...it kicked my butt...I really didn't feel strong enough to do it...I have decided to do level 1 until July 31 and then start level 2 on Aug 1st...I know it says 30 days...but I'm just using it as a work out video...

The only recommendations I have is just stick with it....its only 20 minutes long and its over before you know it.....If you have a hard time with it...do it the best you can but each time try to do better....within' a week and a half you'll be gettin through it very well!!! Don't give up!!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #114  

Darby - I track my intake of calories and the calories burnt by activity, which includes working, sleeping etc. Not just exercise. I just know that if I use more cals then I take in the fat that's been stuck on my body for the last 28 years (telling my age ) will get off of me! So it's not exercise calories alone - although i am ramping up the exercise on days that I need to in order to hit the 800 goal.

Lene - You should start giving yourself the stars again! I'm a visual person, so I have to have something to look at. Part of the reason that I count numbers and keep a journal online of what I took in and burnt off. Anything to keep you m otivated and moving forward!

Momma - I think I'm going to look into the 30 day shred. I need a wide variety - but first I need to clean out the workout area in my office!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #115  

It's midnight and would you believe I'm up working... I did my cardio very late tonight, it wasn't an all out effort but it was something, on my cute little bouncer. I've obsessed over my travel lists for this trip, so we'll see how it goes - the economy is bad, travel is expensive so I'll save by not eating out and eating junk as well (will make up some for gas). Anyways exercise band is packed so in ropeless jump rope plus my BFL journal, this program is TOUGH. I am walking, but hurting today. You jump right into this one, but I like weights so it's fun for me, and I like feeling sore.

I'll be gone most likely through July 25 or 26, so I hope a new thread starts then or the few days following. Are you going to do "prep steps"... don't forget the thing about decluttering. Even Gabby Reece was on a morning show saying the first thing is to declutter the home! I'm feeling better after many trips to the thrift store and all of my obsessive cleaning/organizing, just wish it worked off more FAT! Yes it's great to have a nice group of bootcampers (and you are right, without some of the "stuff") here on 3fc. We have a good thing going here. Not sure how many we'll need to reach our goals but support certainly helps!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #116  

And YES my allergies are better, a slight headache but THAT was BAD. It's happened twice this summer and hopefully there won't be another "round" but I'm armed with more knowledge and some meds too.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #117  

Ugh! I had a crappy, yucky horrible day! I ate 4 cookies. Just didn't even care, still in a bumming mood, not even sure that I care now. I know I will care on Sunday when I weigh in though.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #118  

Lene - It will be okay Maybe work out a little more tomorrow and make up for it...Its actually okay to cheat once a week or every couple of weeks......it shocks your body and **CAN SOMETIMES** help prevent plateaus. See if you always eat good and you always do the same exercises your body gets used to it and plateaus. Thats when you have to change up your workout routine and/or lessen calories or certain foods from your diet. So this actually may help you if you have been on plan for a long time...the only way it will hurt you is if you let it sabatoge all your efforts and just quit and give up...and put back on that 26 lbs that you have lost...but since I know you don't want to do that...just do a little extra movin' tomorrow and I bet you'll be okay!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #119  

girls - sorry I've been MIA over the weekend. Things at home are really rough. Joe and I have been at it for over a week.. and currently not speaking a whole lot. Yesterday I was ready to pack up and go. I love him - but seriously enough is enough! I'll explain more if you want - but I don't want it to be Eny's pity party.

I'm down to #188.4 this morning. I'll take the loss! It's not as much as I'd like, and now I have 10 days to burn off #2.9 while TOM is looming! UGH! I know a lot of it is lack of exercise. My eating's on plan - but I've been slacking on the workouts. Need to fix that QUICK!

Hunter left to go camping with my mom this morning. I miss her already!

I'm getting ready to get going home - I'm thinking it's a pamper night and I'm going to go get my hair and nails done. Gearing up for August already! WHICH I haven't forgotten about the rules/guidelines for August. It's going to be ULTIMATE ACCOUNTABILITY MONTH!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #120  

Hi Ladies!
Thanks Momma for the encouragement. I was having issues with my son that day and was very stressed out. Plus, I have been working a 4AM schedule and that really messes with me. I'm back on track.

Eny, glad to see you back. Sorry you and Joe are fighting. I hope everything gets sorted out for you both soon. Feel free to vent anytime you want. We are here for you!

I did my first 20 minute non stop run on Saturday. I could have kept going but I had to shower and get ready for work. I weighed myself right after and the scale said 153. Holy cow! I was so happy! Now I know that wasn't an accurate read but to see those numbers on the scale. What a feeling!