Girls, We've Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • It's NEVER too late to join us!
  • Looks like the group has grown since I last visited. I was down a pound and a half this morning, which is good since I wasn't exactly on program this week. My goal for the next week is to stay on program every day and exercise every day.

Does anyone know of a where I can get a weight watchers points calcuator or other ww information? There is not a meeting in my small town anymore and I really didn't want to join the online program AGAIN!!!
  • thank you for the welcome.. lisa.. i cant post links.. but lets see if this works

webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php
  • SW:179
    CW:178
    GW:165

Did my weekly weigh in this morning, and even with the start of TOM i'm still down a pound from last week when I joined the challenge! yay me! LOL
  • id love to join this challenge!! my goal is to lose 13 pounds by september 1.
    SW: 172
    GW: 159
    i love this challenge because i joined WW on may 1. started with a personal trainer on june 1... and now i gotta figure out a way to step it up on july 1! any ideas?? hmm... welp at least... its FINALLY FRIDAY!!
  • As of this morning, I'm down 2, but I 'officially' don't weight till Monday. I'm going to a friend's 40th birthday party tonight. When the cake comes around, I'm going to use my mantra... "I think I'll pass..."
  • Lisa, Luna & Chelby - WAY TO GO ON THE LOSSES!!!

Party - Welcome!

I weigh in on Monday, and as long as I don't sabotage myself I'll be a loser this week too! I did a sneak this morning and was down #1.4 But we'll see.. I still have a Wedding and a Tastefully Simple party to make it through! I think I'll use your mantra - "I think I'll pass"...
  • Weigh In
    Good Morning to everyone...

I am so excited to be here

Thanks for the Enygirl. I did not realize how much it meant to me.
    I actually cried when I saw your post...why? I guess sometimes it's just that we can feel so alone in this weighty issue...lol
    I used to be so active and healthy and now I don't recognize myself. (don't spill the beans but, I don't think my Husband does either.)
    To make matters worse he's tall, and a swimmer...and well I'm short and NOT a swimmer...eeehhh. Here I am and here I HOPE to make a difference.

I weighed in this morning at 161.4. Better than 165 !!!

Good Luck to us all.
    WE CAN DO THIS !

Keep writing...Keep listening...Keep Going !!!

Love
    Pinup
  • Hi Everyone!
    I guess I'm starting a little later than everyone else but I still would like to participate in the Labor Day challenge. I just found this site today and joined. My info: height 5'4", weight 240, size 18 ULTIMATE GOAL: weight 160 and size 12 (which I was 6 years ago until I met my husband and it all went downhill from there!) For this challenge - 20 lbs. I tend to be heavier than the size I wear and how I look so I'm really trying not to look at the scale TOO much. I've also noticed that other people can loss 10 pounds and go down a size, I have to lose 25 pounds then I go down a size (do you see how 80 lbs. crept up on me?!?!) I want to be healthy, I want to be ME again, and I want to go to Mexico this October and not be grossed out by the pictures! I need your help and encouragement! Ask me if I've taken the dogs for a walk, ask me if I've been counting my points, ask me if I did nothing but sleep my weekend away! I need help ladies! I want my husband's friends to tell him how cute I am, haven't heard anything like that in a long time... ugh... BUT NO PITY PARTIES - just good healthy livin'!
  • Nessa -- Hubbies do bad things to our backsides! At least my hubby gained weight with me. He's so good to me! Maybe you can swim with him???
  • struggling
    Baby~~~
    Sorry to hear about your loss...my sister lost her little boy...Marley last November. He was born November 12th and died the 30th. I can not imagine what it feels like to have that experience. Lucky for you the man is staying by your side.

Eny~~~
    Glad you have a new man that you are in love with and sorry to hear about the divorce. I was divorced too and it sucked eventhough like you I had found a Great new guy...Fred, been with him for 16 years now. Good Luck!

Shari~~~
    Death is alway SUPER SUCKY!!! I have unfortunatly seen many friends and relatives pass away...never easy. Stay strong. Keep up your chin chick.

As for me...I am struggling each breathing moment to stay strong. I want to eat a cow...a horse...shoot I'd probably eat a shoe right now. I will eat soon and my only goal is that it isn't my standby of NACHOS!!! Or anything for that matter with TONS of cheese....Damn cheese....my weakness.

Out for now....Check back in when another food crisis hits me and I want to eat EVERYTHING !!!

Love, Pinup
  • Hi Chelby - Thanks for understanding! You know, I've tried to get him to join me on walks with the dogs or to eat healthier but he doesn't want anything to do with it. He did gain weight too - he used to be 180 when we met... I'm not sure what he is now but it's not horrible. He has the worse eating habits. He won't eat all day and then late at night eats EVERYTHING he can get his hands on. And he only wants to go to all you can eat buffets. Places like that just make you over eat because you think "I can't just go up there once"

Hmmm... now I'm hungry. I'm technically still working so I can't eat for another hour but I'm really going to try and stick to my points for the day. I have 7 points left for my dinner. I can make it work... I know I can. Oh, and I've weighted myself this afternoon and it's 239... so I guess I've already lost a pound before starting the Labor Day Challenge. GO ME! Only 19 pounds to go by Labor Day and hopefully 29 by the time we go to Mexico
  • BTW Nachos sounds so good right now....
  • girls!

to our newbies!

Congratulations to all who lost!

Sorry, no time for personals, I just got off from the VA and in about 45 mins I start my first graveyard shift at Valero. Wish me luck!
  • Hello everyone! I would love to be a part of this challenge! I am a newbie and I just now found this thread. A little about myself:
    My name is Sheryl, I am 33 years old, I currently weigh 262, and I wear a size 24 pants and shirts vary. I am only 5ft 1/2 inch tall. My highest weight was 271. When I first joined I weighed in at 263. My ultimate goal is 120lbs. I would ultimately would like to be in a size 2 or 4 but I don't know how I will look at that size since I don't remember ever being that size. I have always been heavy, so....
    For this challenge I would like to loose 20lbs. Overall, I want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin. I do need encouragement and sometimes a good swift kick in the rump to keep me fired up!

Good luck to all!