Old 06-16-2008, 02:40 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool W.O.W July 4th Smackdown to Fat Freedom ~ Week 3!

'Ello ladies!

How's everyone starting off Week 3 of our challenge? TOM decided to come along today, right before my WI of course. Jackass. Oh, well I guess my focus for this week is to not binge or kill anyone.

Speaking of which, I finally got an interview of sorts with that manager from Valero. Basically....I got the job. Of course we have to wait for the background check to come back and since I haven't heard of the police discovering any of those bodies, it's just a matter of when it comes back. She says it might take up to a week since I'm from out of town but she wants me to call back on Wednesday because if it's back, I can start Thursday. She says she will work around my schedule at the VA, even giving me the same off days if possible. She asked me all kinds of questions that had **** to do with the job and we ended up just talking for over an hour. I charmed the **** out of her! We haven't even 'officially' got the word back but already she got my shirt size, told me never to go back into the cooler when I work graveyard, showed me where the alarms are under the counter, and showed me the little mini alarm every employee gets to carry on their keychain in case of emergency like slip and fall. She even offered me a free drink as I was leaving.

So, yeah.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

JL, congrats on the new job!
Mtiger, happy belated Birthday! WTG on only a bite of cake, that's awesome.
Aud, glad to have you back.

I have been kind of blah and not posting here much. I've decided that is not working for me, was still doing good w food, but not with exercise. I am back on the wagon.

w 4L
e op
e just did 50 upper and 50 lower crunches and a 20 minutes tank top arms & abs video from Exercise TV
d one foot in front of the other, just focus
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I'm STRESSED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I'm leaving China this July, after 4 years. It seems like EVERYONE I have ever met here wants to visit me, have lunch/dinner, take pictures together . . . it's cultural to do these things, but I have no time to do any of the other stuff I'm supposed to be doing - like final exams, grading, packing (not mention eating right and exercising!).

I'm also plenty stressed out about moving back to the States and all the reverse culture shock that awaits. I love the States, but moving back there scares me.

This is all coming out right now because I'm dying to have a stress-induced binge. I don't even have much bad food in my fridge right now, but I'll gladly eat the entire loaf of wheat bread I bought today. I just want to put food in my mouth!

OK, I feel better after posting. I think I'll have a glass of water and go to bed. Hopefully a good night's sleep will make everything look better in the morning!

Have a great day, ladies!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone! I'm going to put on a false face of cheer, because I'm having a day where I just want to be completely wretched to everyone!! No reason, just in a !@#$-y mood .

Went completely off the wagon over the weekend. Did the Relay for Life on Friday (I'm up to 50/100 miles walked for June), then didn't walk a purposeful step until my 2 miles this AM (except for into the restaurant for chicken riggies and caramel apple pie, then into the pancake breakfast for Father's Day). Saw 186 on the scale Saturday morning, then considerably higher today. I refuse to raise my ticker, though, since it will most likely be gone by Wednesday. So, really, I have 7 pounds to go before July 7. I think I can, I think I can!!!

Shari - Good luck on the new job. Sounds like you've got it in the bag!

mmavis - I'll jump back on the wagon if you do. That was the hardest change in mind-set for me to make - you gotta get right back on the horse!

JenM - Don't do it!!!! I'm sure you can find some other way to deal than by binging. Or, try binging on some of the healthy things which aren't available here.

WEED:
W - 4-5 bottles
E - 2 miles done, 2 more tonight
E - on plan: smoothie for bfast, salad, yogurt & fruit for lunch, rice and beans for dinner
D - Gotta get back on, no excuses!!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning all. Scale showed my lack of enthusiasm for healthy choices last week. Up 3.4 lbs today. Fooey. I have a plan though and just gotta work it. Blogged until about 11:30 last night. Was frustrated a pinch. Now I'm starting Monday exhausted because I didn't get my beauty sleep.

Mtiger - Nice cake restraint! I could have used some of your will power this weekend!

Jlea - you take that job girl! Congrats and I'm sure the bodies will remain undisclosed!

JenMusic - I'd be freaking out to! You're a tough chickie heading out in the first place. But the send off from your oversea friends is just a blessing to remind you how well loved you are. Enjoy it, we'll kick your butt when you get back here and make the aftermath go away!

To everyone else, my computer battery is dying and I have to run. But lets git it good this week! Here's my plan.

W-some amount. ANY amount.
E- Go prep everything for eats at work today. Right now
E- Not sure - some form of house cleaning - my place is destroyed right now
D- Where there's a will there's a way

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Nixmom; 06-16-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Computer died - had to jump and run to another one
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good morning and good Monday. Well TOM arrives on schedule yesterday and today he kicking my butt. Cramps, worn out, dead tired, can't seem to get off the couch. So I made it up to the computer, that's a step in the right direction. There is nothing I absolutely have to do today, but I should do some stuff. Gotta get moving. Weight was down a bit to 217.2. Maybe I'll see 216 again soon. I saw it one day and then it was gone.

Shari- Congrats on the job. What is Valero?

MM- Coming here does help us stay on track. The cake was good, but yesterday I splurged. Took my dad out for ice cream. I had a small choc. soft serve cone. Man was it good. I allowed for it within my calories so it was great.

Jen- Hold on tight. It is a confusing stressful time, but this too shall pass. Just stick with it as much as possible during your transition and you will be feeling better soon. Good luck with the move and resettling.

Music- This is what I like about you. If you get off track, you just figure it out and get right back to it. You never let a slip-up become an excuse to get worse. Good for you. Keep walking. Last night I did my walk jog and jogged more than wlked. I went .5/mile straight, without stopping. YEAH!!

Nix- I commented on your blog, better check it out. You hang in there and get back in the swing of things. OKAY??!!! You've been in the groove before, so I know you can get back there.

I am now going to force myself to get up out of the chair and shower. That should make me feel more like doing something useful. 48 this week. When does this monthly crap stop killing me?
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

just want to say a quick hi. I skipped the gym because of a need for sleep. I plan on going when DH is off of work. Today is monday, new week, clean slate.

What I don't understand: why the scale on Saturday was so kind and gave me the lowest weight i have seen in a long time, I was great on saturday no over indulgence in anything. Then on Sunday the damn scale was up 4 pounds! I know water fluctuations, and all that stuff, but I am so bummed about it. I have to find something to help me break this plateau. I thought that running 3 times a week would be a good start, and it has been would say I have lost some belly inches. and my stamina is AWSOME! I have been playing around with my food intake to try and hit a sweet spot. We'll see what happens.

WEED: working on it.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Monday Monday Monday . . . return again to the grind after some time off . . . test results came in from echo that there is some "hypertensive" things going on - no word on the congestive heart failure back yet so not the worst news in the world and not entirely unexpected at this ginormous weight . . . gotta keep on with the diuretics and w/i daily at the doc office.

Gosh jen - hope you're feet are better while you go thru this stress of leaving . . . not sure why I thought you were already back in the states - mind fart? Hang in There!

What two movies didja see jcat? I'm ready for a good movie - been awhile.

okokok . . . outta here early to catch up on all things health and work related . . . got my Stash O' WEED firmly in place!

Last edited by aud; 06-16-2008 at 12:58 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie* I am alive! I'm moving more stuff this week....we started painting over the weekend. I took today off but didn't get all that much accomplished, but hey, i'm working on it.

I don't recollect what weed is. i'll find some once I get moved in though, I promise!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Good morning (here, at least!).

Thanks for all the kind words and sympathy to my desperate rant last night. I did what I said I would do - I had some water and went to bed. That wouldn't always work to get me out of "binge mode" but I think, because I've been so exhausted lately, it was fine. So no huge damage done. Whew!

Aud - I did notice your "Welcome Home" a few days ago but thought maybe it was for JCat, about something I missed! " I return for real August 1. Thanks, though - my mom always said it's the thought that counts!

Have a good night, all. While y'all are all sleeping I'm giving exams to 120 students (which then have to be graded). Try not to be too jealous of my exotic lifestyle!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

WEED wasn't too bad today. I hit all the goals- may have gone a little over board at dinner but I didn't over stuff.

Tomorrow:

W- drink more
E- Mindful
E- day off
D- make more time for me
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks everyone!

Jeni and Nix ~ If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure that I will be fully bloated by TOM for my WI tomorrow.

Mtig ~ Valero is a gas station/convenience store.

JenM ~ I'm SO happy you conquered that urge to binge!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #13  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Evening weedettes!

Mtiger - Thank you for blog comment. Yes, I would LOVE to steal a 10th of your motivation lately and you words just remind me why it is so important to remain tied here to the crew. Sometimes all it takes is someone else running the same race to give you the strength to continue forward! Thank you!

Jlea - I don't wish that monthly bloat on anyone! I despise it! I decided tonight (with MTigers words in my head) that I was going to eat what I knew my body would respond to, and let the BF and DS eat the cheesy hamburgers. Hopefully this time next week there will be relief!

And on the job front 2 items of good news. I got 9/80'S! My first of every other friday off is July 11th. That means a 4 day week the week of July 4th (holiday) and ANOTHER 4 day week immediately after! Second item, my DS has a job interview at a dialysis center on Wednesday at 2pm! We need prayers and good vibes!!!!! Its a great paying job and would be 3 12hour days which means he can stack his school on the off days! Woohoo. I want it for him soooo bad!

I actually semi-weeded today too! about 1/3 of a gal of water. 2 reasonable meals and no out of control snacking! I bailed on the gym but feel like I accomplished SOMETHING. Much better than this time yesterday.

Will do it again tomorrow, but better! Good night ma' ladies and I'll see you in the morning! Be well!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

nixmom: how was disneyland??

Jen: I cant imagine your stress right now. But you know giving all those exams has to help

Shari, congrats on the job.

Hi MMavis, I hate those blah days. I felt like that during my long stretch of work, I used it as an excuse to eat horribly (and no exercise)

musictchr: you are doing a great job on walking! 50 miles so far this month!!!! that is great.

Mtiger, felt like you did yesterday. I had to force myself to do something, then I started a big project and had to force myself to finish it.

Aud, we saw "The Happening" and "The Incredible Hulk" I wouldn't normally see two movies in a day, but since we had no kids and couldn't decide which to see I liked "the Happening" was a bit bored with "the incredible Hulk" although edward norton is so HOT!

HolyT I hate moving. Never will I do it again. I hate moving!!!

Hi to everyone who hasn't posted yet.

So about yesterday afternoon My reason for gaining 4 pounds overnight showed up. TOM!!! ERRRRR my cycles seem to be at like 24 days If that lately. ERRRRRR. So anyway, i feel a bit better. gotta get ready for work.

W 64
Eextra laps
E 1400 cals
D make it through the day.

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-17-2008 at 05:46 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, just time for a quick run thru!

Jen music, good for you for not giving in to the binge.

Musictchr, isn't the Relay incredible? Awe-inspiring to see all those luminarias...

W 4L
E OP
E just did 75 upper and 75 lower crunches and a Kathy Smith core video.
D One foot in front of the other, staying OP
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote