Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #76  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Default week 3

goal: 300 minutes of cardio only! in addition to weights 4 times a week(weights does not count towards minutes)

June 30- 50 min bike ride, weights, 15 min walking
July 1st- weights 15 min walking
July 2nd- 75 min walking
July 3rd- 40 min bike ride, weights, 90 min walking
July 4th- 15 min walking
July 5th- 15 min walking
July 6th-weights, 30 min walking

345/300 GOAL COMPLETED

Last edited by Haley8203; 07-06-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #77  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Okay I've been missing for a week. You would think I would set my goal and start today but oh no...I want to start next week. Not sure if I will keep the same goal of 1750 calories burned. I may set a goal for minutes exercised. I do want to give congrats to those that met their goal or at least tried.

Last edited by Shay; 06-30-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Gah! My goal is to get off my not-shrinking behind this week! Seriously, I can't understand why it's so hard to get moving. Here goes, one more time...

1. I will do 200 minutes of cardio this week.
2. I will do the running program Shay turned me on to for 3 of those workouts.
3. I will get 7 hours of sleep every night this week.

6/30: 15 minutes of hiking with my cute dog
7/1: I thought about exercising... does that count?
7/2: 30 minutes on the jogging plan
7/3: 30 minute hike with the pup
7/4: 30 minutes on the jogging plan
7/5: 95 minute bike ride- yippee! Plus 15 minutes on the treadmill as a last ditch effort
7/6: couldn't move from yesterday's fiasco

I went over!!! Yippee!

Last edited by TimeToTryAgain; 07-08-2008 at 12:08 AM.
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Shay - Great to see you again! Enjoy your week off and we'll see you next week!

Haley - I loved what you said about how being in control of your eating makes you feel more in control of everything else. I completely agree!

Crissy - Your goals sound awesome. So glad you're here and in our challenge.

I was on my feet from 7 am yesterday until 8 pm with strawberries. I'm happy to say they are either in jam jars, or cleaned and waiting in the fridge for me to make the final batch of ice cream. Yee-haw!!! My kids ate an entire jar of jam yesterday. I'm so glad they like it!

I'm a day behind already so I'd better get moving!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #80  

Hey you numbers peeps!!

Hope everybody is well rested and ready for a new day. I've got some shopping to do and some salads to prepare. One for a wedding tomorrow and one for the 4th. Still have a batch of strawberry ice cream to brew up as well. I would love to find a cute new dress for the wedding but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not stepping on the scale until Saturday. I'm tired of seeing the same freaking number so I'm just going to put my head down and do my thing.

Hope you are all happy and on program!!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #81  
Supporter

S/C/G: 196/154/147

Height: 6' 0"

So here are some numbers from yesterday:

Went to bed 01:00
Got up - 04:00
Drove to our head office - 4 hours
Had meeting - 5 hours
Drove home - 4 hours
Had tea 1 plate of spag bols, 1 yogurt (low fat of course)
Crashed out in front of tv exhausted - 3 hours

I'm not doing very well here am I? I was eating all day in response to my fatigued body's demands for energy.

Here are some more numbers
I need 14 days' holiday, a 6 pack of beer, 20 Benson and hedges, 12 hours' uinterrupted sleep and 2 more inches of my belly. Of course there may well be a conflict of interest with some of those requirements but I live in hope.....
AJ113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #82  

Adrian - What is a plate of spag bols?? lol!!

I live in hope that I can balance alcohol consumption on some small level with weight loss as well. I also hope for the day I have only 2" excess inches remaining on my waist. lol.

Maybe you could turn off the TV and haul your tired carcass to bed!!! (Could you hear my mother when I said that???)

Last edited by ggmugsy; 07-02-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I didn't post a challenge this week. I was camping Mon-today and didn't bring my heart rate monitor so I have no idea how many cals I have burned. I went on a run Monday night and then we went on a long hike Tuesday morning. Not to mention the mini walks with the kids around the camp ground, to the park, and to the bathroom.

When I got home I started laundry, ate lunch and did a turbo jam video. I did Learn and Burn and 20 Min Workout. That burned 323 cals. I'll try to stay on track without a goal this week and then hop back to it next week. Thanks for all the support and well wishes!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #84  
Haley wants to run!

Lynsey-sounds like you had fun camping, thats awesome! its always a plus when you can exercise and have fun at the same time!
gg- i know what you mean about alcohol and weightloss lol. im not a heavy drinker but i do like to relax with a beer or two now and then lol ive gotten better at balancing with the michelob ultra cause they're 95 cals each lol but i do prefer to drink better quality beer such as the seasonal sam adams, otter creek and long trail brews but oh well lol homemade strawberry jam sounds awesome! my daughter and i usually go strawberry/blueberry/raspberry picking in the summer, its so much fun and you can eat as you pick what could be better than that lol

the weather was so nice today, my daughter and i spent 4 hours at the beach. the only reason we didnt stay longer was cause the sun went down and the water started to get really cold. i love having a clean, sandy beach 1 mile from our apartment! i didnt swim the whole time but i spent a lot of the time walking around with my daughter searching for shells. we found a bunch!
we're going to spend tommorrow there as well as soon as ive finished my homework because theres a nice view of the fireworks from there. ive planned a decently healthy picnic for us. i bought a 2pk of boca in a bun(veggie chicken pattie with a slice of swiss cheese in a bun for 350 cals), a cheese and cracker handisnack for a little treat and im going to bring a little baggie of blue corn tortilla chips with salsa for each of us. and to drink we'll each have a polar black cherry seltzer and a couple miller lites for me
plus lots of fun swimming and searching for shells. we're going with my friend and her 8 yr old daughter.

what plans do everyone else have for the holiday?

Last edited by Haley8203; 07-02-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #85  

Lynsey - I'm SO JEALOUS!! You burned 323 calories in 20 minutes?? OMG. How long have you had your HRM and been keeping track of your calories burned? I got mine the middle of March and in the last 4 months, doing the same workouts - increasing the size of the weights I use to keep my heart rate as high as I can get it - I burn about 60 - 70 fewer calories per workout.

I'm to the point I'm going to have to start running because it takes me forever to get my heart rate up. I'm happy my heart is healthier and that I'm more fit, but I gotta tell you . . . there is a serious downside to it. It takes MUCH longer to burn the same amount of calories.

I'm thinking about buying one of those weighted vests to add weight to my body . . . trick it into thinking I'm still 20 pounds heavier.

Haley - It sounds like you had a wonderful day!! My sister made a beautiful little shadow box filled with shells and shiny stones from a vacation we took to the Oregon coast. I love it. What do you do with your beach treasures?? Your 4th of July plans sound wonderful.

We are having a party at my sister's. She owns a home on the river. We had an enormous bash last year but this year will be just family and close friends. I'm bringing fresh strawberry ice cream and potato salad. She's BBQ'ing burgers & dogs. Our ski boat is still in the shop, but we'll have the duck boat for the kids to play with and there'll be swimming and fun.

I'm discouraged. I admit it. I've been the same weight for more than a month now. This happens to me about every 10 - 15 pounds. I know in my heart this is all a numbers gig and eventually my body will let go of the fat. I'm trying to be logical, but it's starting to feel personal. I picture myself in a fist fight with my "fat" self. I'm going to win this fight no matter how long it takes. I need to get pumped up and kick some a$$. Between burning far fewer calories per workout and being stuck at the same weight . . . I'm just kinda tired.

One of my closest friends is eloping tonight and she's invited my husband and I. She's text messaged me and is having a bad day. I hope she lets me help her. I think I'll go drop by for coffee and see if there is anything I can do.

Have a wonderful holiday everybody!!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #86  
Haley wants to run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
I'm discouraged. I admit it. I've been the same weight for more than a month now. This happens to me about every 10 - 15 pounds. I know in my heart this is all a numbers gig and eventually my body will let go of the fat. I'm trying to be logical, but it's starting to feel personal. I picture myself in a fist fight with my "fat" self. I'm going to win this fight no matter how long it takes. I need to get pumped up and kick some a$$. Between burning far fewer calories per workout and being stuck at the same weight . . . I'm just kinda tired.
i couldnt have said it better myself!!! for the past 3 weighins ive been gaining but i havent changed my eating and ive exercised more....but the past 2 days ive had to number 1 about every 5 seconds so maybe its water my body doesnt want to let go of lol
Old 07-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

AJ- you make me smile! I appreciate all your numbers that don't necessarily help each other out... Is your sleep issue a lack of time to sleep or an inability? Try listening to Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings- it will relax your hair follicles it's so wonderful!

Haley- the beach! Ah, you are lucky! Which coast are you on?

GG- how did your day of not drinking go? We had very terrible wine at my dad's BBQ and I thought of you- it's not worth drinking empty calories if it's not the good stuff.

Somehow, I am going to fit in 185 minutes of cardio by the end of the weekend- we'll see!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #88  
Haley wants to run!

TTTA- its not an ocean beach, its lake champlain...which i prefer because theres too many critters in the ocean lol
Old 07-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

No, GG it took me 49 mins to burn the 323 cals. I wish it was that easy. I did 2 different workouts. One was 20 mins and one was a little over that.

I'm trying to get off my butt and do a couple more segments from my turbo jam. I've been running since Sun and am having a great time just sitting around!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:52 PM   #90  

Hey all!!!

Lynsey - 49 minutes makes more sense!! I completely misunderstood! Thank you for clarifying. I thought my metabolism must be seriously out of whack. I really enjoy the Turbo Jam workouts when I'm in that kind of jumping around mood.

Haley - I'm totally with you about ocean critters. I prefer fresh water, too.

Crissy - I love your new pic! Great job with the cardio, too! I didn't do as well avoiding alcohol as I'd hoped, but I drank a lot less than I normally would have. A couple of glasses of wine at each event and then I switched to water. This is huge for me because Chandra (the Bride) and I can really throw them back when we're in the mood!

Two good things! I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 1 pound!! I was very happy. This happens though . . . about the time I cut loose and really start freaking out the scale starts moving again. THANK GOD!!

AND - (this is the big one!) My DH bought me a new bicycle this afternoon. a 21 speed mountain bike, but the tires aren't as thick as my old bike so it's good for touring also. My BFF and I are flirting with the idea of doing a triathlon next summer.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I'm 595 calories from goal and am hopeful I'll make it this week. I hope you all do, too!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 07-05-2008 at 11:53 PM.