3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   May Weight Loss Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/141245-may-weight-loss-challenge.html)

JasonsLea 05-01-2008 01:24 AM

May Weight Loss Challenge!

:wave: everyone! Happy May!

I hope yall reached your goals for last month. Time to set new ones to get ready for SUMMER!

My regulars: FRONT AND CENTER! :drill:
:cheers: Here's to a whole new month!

Newbies are ALWAYS welcomed and appreciated! :grouphug:

JasonsLea 05-01-2008 01:36 AM

May Goals

* Lose 10 lbs (aggressive, I know)

* Exercise 1635 mins

* Met my Memorial Day goal

utgirl09 05-01-2008 01:56 AM

May Goals

1.) Jog 2 miles 2 times a day 5 days a week
2.) Body Pump class 3 days a week
3.) Tae Bo or Biggest loser DVD 6 days a week
4.) Go down 1 pant size

I am DETERMINED to lose this weight!

shrinkinglizzy 05-01-2008 09:46 AM

OK, I need a new challenge! Count me in!!
My goals:

1. WI ONLY on Thursdays!
2. Exercise at least 200 min/week.
3. 2 strength training sessions/week.
4. Eat OP, of course! Specifically, at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day.

I'm really trying to take the focus off the scale, so no poundage goals for me, though I would be thrilled to shed 5 lbs this month!
I'm looking forward to posting with you guys!!

foodvictim 05-01-2008 10:20 AM

I like the idea of losing 10lbs a month. I always start over each month as if it was new and try to block out the previous and the next months.(otherwise it's a little overwhelming) Of course I seem to always fall a little short(3 lbs shy in April) But I'm re-committed and I have a family function in June that I'd like to 'show-off' my success. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! ;)

smurf2110 05-01-2008 12:23 PM

Since I started late in the game in April I really didn't have goals and I used it as a flex period to get inot the swing of things.

May GOALS
*loose 10 lbs
*exercise 1600 min.
*get to where I can run for 15 min. without stopping
*eat smart
*drink 64 oz of water every day

JasonsLea 05-02-2008 01:10 AM

:welcome: EVERYONE! :grouphug:

Hope yall started May off right!

Ladybballer24 05-02-2008 07:57 AM

I'm reporting front and center....

May Goals:
1. Lose 10 lbs.
2. Get 1600 minutes or exercise
3. Get 92 oz. water/day
4. Explore more with healthy foods.

shrinkinglizzy 05-02-2008 09:54 AM

I bought myself a pack of little stickers -- glittery hearts and stars. I get a heart on my calendar if I work out, a star for getting my 5 of fruits and veggies. Yesterday I got a heart and a star!
So far, so good.
S

JasonsLea 05-03-2008 02:07 AM

:wave: girls!

Today was so OP, I only got my water in. Measly 20 mins of exercise and a binge. :rollpin:

But hey, two weeks till I move into my place. You can't beat that! :cloud9:

EsperanzaBella82 05-03-2008 06:38 PM

Hey...I noticed this thread on the main page and thought it was a great idea! I am sort of new to the forum but I would like to join this challenge if it's alright with you guys. :) I'm not really big on group challenges but honestly I need the accountability and support right now.

My goals for May:
1.) Lose 10 lbs. ~ this will put me at 175 lbs. (my ticker is not right; gotta fix that!)
2.) Exercise minimum of 5 days/week for at least 30 min. daily
3.) Drink 80 oz. of water daily
4.) Keep calories around 1500 per day on average

I want so badly to be back in the 170's...let's hope I can make it happen! I don't have any more excuses or any more reasons to put this off! :cool:

JasonsLea 05-04-2008 01:31 AM

:welcome: EsperanzaBella82!

How is everyone?

mamatoni 05-04-2008 03:28 AM

This sounds like fun, I'd like to join in...

My goals for May:
- I'll join the list of 10 pound "losers" :D
- Exercise at least 6 days a week.
- And I'll try this one...No binges or uncontrolled eating.

We can do this!!! :D

Spoz 05-04-2008 03:51 AM

My Goals:
-Lose 5lbs
-Only eat when hungry
-Swim twice a week, run once and aerobic tapes.

Bring on the weight loss :D

EsperanzaBella82 05-04-2008 12:57 PM

Thank you for the colorful welcome JasonsLea! :)

Day 1 went well...I drank between 70-80 oz. of water, my calories were between 1500-1600 (and I didn't eat any dessert even tho there was ice cream in the house), I had a lot of veggies for dinner and I did not binge (even tho that wasn't one of my goals, I saw mamatoni had it as one of hers and I wanted to join her).

BUT...

I didn't exercise....altho I did do some spring cleaning (mainly going thru the clothes in my dresser, chest of drawers and walk-in closet to give away stuff that was too big/old/small+didn't want) and some walking around while shopping. Don't think that counts tho! ;) I have to finish my spring cleaning today! Hopefully I'll be replacing some of those clothes with smaller, more sophisticated clothing as the months go by. I have some Guess jeans that are too small for me at the moment that I would love to get back into soon!

So...this super long post was just to report that I need to step up my exercise today...I'm planning on a 30-45 min. power walk this evening after dinner. It's a little too sunny and hot out during the day to be outside here in Phoenix.

How about everybody else? I'd like to hear how you all are doing!

~Jen