Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default W.O.W Memorial Day Challenge ~ Week 2

Hey everyone. Welcome to week 2 in our Memorial Day challenge!

I wish I could start out this week all happy but today is going to be a tension filled one, lots of things are going to be found out, decisions made. At the end of the day, my whole world could be turned upside down. Hope you all have a good Monday.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Shari !! Keep us posted!!

I had a horrible weekend food wise but i am back on track today!!

W- I must drink 3 litres but will aim for more to flush out the yuckies!!
E- fruits and veggies only with maybe a yogurt!!
E-willl do a 45 minute video and crunches
D- Get back on the wagon!!!

Last edited by 2beautiful2Bfat; 03-24-2008 at 07:00 AM.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. I have been MIA because it's too embarassing to come here and say you can't control your binges.

I am back on track today.
No way I can get to the 130's by our vacation 4/10, but we'll see. I have to get the bloat out and see where I really am without the sodium. ( How far from ticker weight) The scale was very unkind this am, but my rings are tight so I know alot is water. (Note to self- drink your water!!)

W 100oz
E did a tank top arms and an abs video this am ( 10 minutes each) will do some elliptical tonight
E OP
D focus on me

Last edited by mothermavis; 03-24-2008 at 07:00 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Monday everyone!! Thanks for starting us off again Shari. Sounds like you have quite the day ahead of you. Hope all works out how you want it to.

Good scale this AM - down 4 pounds since last Monday! I guess the salt in the ham and kielbasa from yesterday didn't have too much of an effect. I hosted the traditional Polish breakfast for some family, but had the forsight to offer to make omelets to order - spent most of the time at the stove instead of grazing at the table!!

And - the sister who I told you has just started dieting lost 17 pounds in her first 2 weeks!!! for her!!!!

WEED for the week:
W - still going for 4 bottles per day
E - 40 minutes on treadmill
E - on plan, on plan
D - Gotta keep going - the sisters are catching up!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good mornin' ladies. Glad to see I'm not the only one up dark and early this morning. It is definitely major commitment day for me. Prepped my meals last night, reloading the ipod for gym later, and going to tackle work with a mind set for progress as well.

Shari... I'm right there with you on the tension filled day... I work for a local government agency that has been axing people right and left for the last 12 months. I go in never knowing who I might work with of for the next day, or if my time is up. Budget crisis, people who should have retired 10 years earlier, and the work finds its way to those who will do it. Guess where I fall... hang in there! Hope your outcome is positive today!

Although I don't normally weigh in until Tuesdays, I am going to do Monday's here. So wish my stinkin' signature option would arrive so I could track it purty! 195.4 to really start! Color me easter plump.

Figured I would just repeat my WEED that I committed to last night to kick me off today!

W- 1/2 gallon a day
E- 40 minutes at least 4 days
E- Plan my meals - eat my planned meals - no fast food for 5 days
D- I deserve the me I want!

Look out Havasu, I'm gearing up! Good Luck to everyone.... lets make this week a monster success together!

KC
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Yuck!

Don't know why but today I am up 1.5 pounds. I didn't eat very much yesterday and I did weights. Maybe I didn't eat enough, maybe it is just water from the ham. Well I will stay on track for today and see how it goes tom.

Congrats musictchr on the loss.

Mother- don't be embarrassed. Everyone has struggles. That is what we are here for, to help each other through this process. Come and share, the good and the bad.

W- 3 bottles, should up to 4 soon.
E- 45 min. WATP
E- 1330 calories
D- Don't worry about what the scale said this morning. This too shall pass.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Shari~ I hope everything works out for you.
Mmavis~hey we all have our good and bad days, that is why we are here, to support you/everyone. One good thing you are doing, Not forgetting about us. We will always be here to lend support.

I hope everyone was able to rid yourselves of all the easter candy (okay I wasn't able too.) We bought toys and activities for the kids with very little candy and can you guess, Other people got the kids SO MUCH CANDY! I'm just going to take it into work to get rid of it.

The easter bunny brought me a new scale Its a digital one that also gives the bodyfat % and hydration % The good news is this scale isnt to different than the scale I have been using, they differ by 5 pounds so I am going to change my ticker to reflect that change.

DH is jumping on board with me getting back to working out and he is going to start counting calories. I'm really excited about this since he has no trouble working out, but he is terrible when it comes to what he eats. AND it will be easier for me to cook healthier

My daddy (yes I am such a daddy's girl) just bought me a laptop! I have been fighting with my kids over the computer (yes, they are 2 and 4 but love playhouse disney online). So he found a good, no great deal on a laptop and ordered it for me I should have it by next week. My dad is such a nut, he bought me a nintendo DS for christmas/my birthday and now a laptop. I am such a spoiled brat. Okay his excuse is I wont buy it for myself so he is going to get it for me.

My hit of the day:

W 80 oz
E 30 minutes 60 if the kids are okay at busytown
E 1400 cals
D housework and gym time.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey girls! I had a NSV yesterday when I told DH that I didn't want fast food or to go out to eat on the way home from finding parts for my laptop (stores were closed) so I pat myself on the back for that. I went later to the grocery store and got good stuff and cooked out. It was yummy, and i made plenty for a few meals

Hang in there girls....it'll be ok, we just gotta stay movin
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #9  
What a pretty FACE...

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 6'3''

Okay! I am a week late. Can I join? I'v never done WEED before, I swear. Only BEER. Haha!

I am being presumptuos and assuming y'all will say yes. Just in case, here is my WEED for the week.

W-72oz daily
E- 2x this week (at least 30 mins)
E- Stay within my WW points and eat all my veggies every day
D- Get back to my bible reading (that's a heafty goal!) at least 3x this week

My goal for Memorial Day is 15 lbs!

Have a great Monday!
MommyonaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #10  
What a pretty FACE...

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 6'3''

OMG! I KNOW I did not spell presumptuous like that! I am so ashamed!
MommyonaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

I went to the gym! 30 minute workout I just have to keep it goin!!!

Welcome Mommyonamission!

Last edited by jcatron243; 03-24-2008 at 02:47 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

LMAO Mommy you go right ahead and jump on in Welcome!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals!! LOL I started that post last night at work (see last week's thread) and said I'd be right back, never did make it back on. I HATE being in charge!!! I think we'd have had a good weekend but the extra pressure of charge just makes me too busy. We had one guy had a stroke Sunday night and another woman ended up in ICU Saturday. Lots of hairy situations this weekend. Oh well.

I am SO motivated today!!! I woke up and popped out of bed, ate my oatmeal and an orange, drinking my water....gotta go get the kids and get to the gym. So I'm looking forward to getting back on track. I decided to just hold my breath and peek at the scale, see how bad it was, try not to think about it.....just get an idea...braced myself for a possible 260....BUT it was 254.5!!! So I've pretty much figured myself for 255. Now I'm going to hide the scale, and LITERALLY not even PEEK until the end of this challenge. I think it was a theme peppered through our thread last week, I WILL NOT BE A SLAVE TO MY SCALE. The daily fluctuations, the weekend binges, all that! NO! I'll just do my best and weigh out at the end. I'd like to be 230 at the end. But that is 25 pounds so....maybe 235? I'll make a little ticker when I get home tonight. But my theme will be NO PEEKING.

W-3 liters (short day today; worked last night, sleep all day, go to bed on time tonight)
E- GYM baby! I like the new gym, and I love that DH is plugging away on the treadmill/elliptical next to me, even if we are both listening to our iPods!
E- Oatmeal/orange breakfast. Probably no pre-gym snack, dinner after will be........Subway? Something easy since I haven't prepared anything. Though I did get the microwave steam bags and some nice zucchini and yellow squash. Maybe sub and veggies? I don't think I'll need another snack after that, but if I do, I have some nice apples (maybe some RF peanut butter since I'm short day on calories)
D- I am not a slave to my scale. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Just get through today. Call the doc about the depression thing. Enjoy my kids on their spring break. Take them to jumping on inflatables place tomorrow. Get back on 3fc and post personals.

Seriously, Shari what are you doing to us!?!?!? That was pretty cryptic!! I'm worrying about you. Let us know what is going on. xoxooxo

Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Jump right on in here mommyonamission!!! WELCOME!!!!

Well...I don't even know what I weigh. I haven't gotten on the scales since last week. Kinda weird. For the past year, i have been scale obsessed. Now i can't get on a scale anymore than i can get to the gym. I am so pitiful. lol. Dang...my boyfriend has gotta get a job. Ya'll say a prayer for him that he gets one soon so i can get my butt back to the gym and back to my healthy eating!!!! lol. After work, we're headed to his parents house for dinner. Yikes!!! Well...it can't be any worse than i have been cooking lately. I have been making homemade chinese foods and breakfast casseroles and who knows what else i've been cooking.Oh well....i'm sure i won't eat too much.

Anyway....no sense in listing a weed today. Just gonna have to try again tomorrow.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JL- I hope everything turned out well for you today.

2B- I always eat more and less healthy on weekends. I try to eat well all week to make up for weekends.

MM- Forgive yourself. I've been really unmotivated with exercising. Each day last week I posted an exercise goal and didn't make it once. This weekend I noticed I didn't feel comfortable in my clothes despite having a loss.

MusicT- Congrats on the loss!!

NixM- I like your "D" for today.

MTig- I wonder if your weight is up a bit from using weights. I think I may have read somewhere that muscles retain water for a while after training.

JCat- Congrats on the laptop, scales, DH counting cals with you, getting to the gym...you are having an awesome day!

Mommy- WELCOME!!!

HolyT- Congrats on the NSV.

NurseM- I like your idea about only weighing again at the end of the challenge.

Lumi- Hang in there. You'll get back into the swing of things soon. Keep posting!

Whew, I think that's the most personals I've ever posted!

Now to my WEED. I met every goal today for the first time in ages. I completed 2 of 3 miles of WATP and did a Pilates video. I needed serious stress relief after a stressful family weekend with the in-laws and after a day of two cranky kids. Blah.

Tomorrow's WEED:
W- chug
E- MOW
E- something- not sure what
D- let's play the 10 minute game again.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote