3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Ultimate Goal Challenge--March (Month 4) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/135813-ultimate-goal-challenge-march-month-4-a.html)

Shay 03-05-2008 05:36 PM

ggmugsy--The recipe sounds really good. Easy enough that even I can't mess it up!

Enygirl 03-05-2008 05:46 PM

LOL shay - I feel the same way! :) I'm not the best cook... that's what DBF is for! :D

mrsaugie 03-06-2008 10:08 PM

well i have 2 days in a row of exercising in. i know i will be able to tomorrow as well then enter the weekend where i usually don't do anything. i already used my two days off for the week.

Enygirl 03-07-2008 11:00 AM

I need to exercize! I have great plans of what I'm going to do - but then it doesn't happen. ugh.

I'm really liking the "love your self thin" stuff - although I've realized how much I actually do hate my body in the shape it's in.

This morning I did a positive affirmation exercize - in which I told myself that I can change over and over again. And I know that I can... I've already started.

Help me through this! I know I can do it! but changing ones complete way of thinking is HARD WORK!

ggmugsy 03-07-2008 11:13 AM

How timely . . . I was watching my son last night playing guitar on-line, competing with another player on Rock Band. My husband asked him if he could win the battle and his response was . . . "Well, it's 90% mental and only 10% dexterity." It's the same with losing weight, IMO.

Positive thinking is the key. Knowing you deserve to be healthy and seeing yourself succeeding sets up a whole chain of positive events. Whenever I start thinking negative stuff I try to catch myself and re-direct my thoughts to positive NSV's like how big my pants are getting.

Did you catch that? I didn't say, "How small I'm getting." I gave the credit to my pants. Like my pants are actually getting bigger. Why didn't I give MYSELF the credit.

Try to remember how good you felt after exercising. Remember how good you felt when you got that medal for the 5k?? Maybe those good feelings can be your motivation to keep moving.

Enygirl 03-07-2008 01:30 PM

I thik a lot of it too - is that I constantly put myself last. When I get home - I want to spend time w/ DD - then after she's in bed that's when I "plan" on working out... but work has gotten in the way - and on night's that BF doesn't work - he wants to watch a movie, spend time - something.

I ALWAYS feel guilty for doing stuff for me - when other people want my time. I know I need ot stop that too. I need to take care of myself as well as I take care of others. - but retraining to do that is very difficult. :(

ggmugsy 03-07-2008 05:18 PM

Enygirl: I completely understand what you're saying. As your daughter gets older it will get a little easier. I've been on the phone and paying bills all day. My kids get home in 20 minutes and I haven't worked out. I knew I'd be tired after paying bills (I just HATE it!!) so I put chicken in the crock pot this morning. THANK GOD!!!

Having my 49 APs a week goal helps me. If I miss a day it's VERY hard to make it up so it helps to keep me on track. For me, that's what I need . . . something to trick my mind into thinking I don't have a choice!! lol!!

I hope everybody has a great weekend!!

girlieyorkie 03-08-2008 07:35 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.:thanks:

Enygirl~ I prefer little groups- so much easier to get to know everyone. I can see from your ticker that you've lost a lot of weight.:congrat:

Ggmugsy~ the recipe looks good- have to try it sometime.:hungry:

Have a great weekend everyone.

ggmugsy 03-08-2008 07:38 PM

Shay - How's it going in your world?? I worry about you when you are this quiet.

Elyn - The pic of your dog is just precious! Are you on an organized plan? What kind of exercise do you enjoy?

Things here are good. Did a ton of shopping. I'm trying out a new recipe tonight, eggplant lasagna. Eggplant replaces the noodles. I'll let you know if I like it.

Big hug everybody!!

Shay 03-09-2008 07:49 AM

ggmugsy--I'm here. I'm doing pretty good. I'm on Day 19. From now until I go on vacation in September is crazy time at work in addition to having school. Definitely a time when I need to plan well regarding meals and snacks.

My friend rescheduled her scrapbooking party for today. So I will go to the nail shop then onto her house. When I get back I will work on my school work. Busy, Busy, and busy. Thank goodness I went to the grocery store and did laundry yesterday.

Enygirl 03-10-2008 10:11 AM

Shay - That's AWESOME! How are you determining a binge or not based on the IE? I was thinking about that yesterday. I didn't feel like I binged - but I did have a treat yesterday. I'm not over eating - and I'm stopping when I'm full - so if I go by that then today is day 3. It was easy when I was counting cals - if I went over my allotment, then I was off plan - this is a little tricker.

My book should be here this week. I'm excited. - I really want to work at this and do it. I step on the scale in a week - and I'm nervous. This is like the ultimate test of self trust - I know that I haven't been great since I stopped counting cals. I wouldn't be suprised if I'm up a little bit - I had a few days (5) of complete binging - and I didn't do any exercise.

I'm changing that again - no matter what I'm getting out of bed and doing at least 10 mins in the morning - and then I'll be more ap to keep it going and do my night routine too. I'm going to write up a schedule for myself too to have a routine. I can't wait until i can walk outside! dumb snow!

I really wasnt to be out of the #180's FOREVER - but I seems stuck! It's driving me nuts! The good news is though - I'm not fitting into some 12 & 14 work clothes. I'm wearing a size 12 suit today and I've gotten a lot of complements on it. :D It's a great feeling.

Shay 03-10-2008 12:56 PM

Enygirl--I struggled with defining a binge with IE also. My decision--If I eat beyond full then it is a binge. Today is Day 20. I already bought my reward it is on the way. I'm not sure what to get myself for Day 30. I'm definitely going to go by the way my clothes fit as opposed to a number on a scale. I'm struggling with not getting on it. I need to put it in a box and put it away. I will do that today.

ggmugsy 03-10-2008 01:16 PM

Shay - 20 days!!! That's fabulous!!!

Enygirl - I think your 10 minutes of activity every morning is a GREAT plan!!

I lost a pound this week. One pound. I know it's better than nothing but I've been working out really hard and had hoped for more. :( Argued with DH last night and this morning. That definitely doesn't help my mood.

Scott, my step-son that's going to Iraq on Sunday has called every day this week. It seems like he wants to say something but can't quite get it out.

Here we go . . . another week!! ;) Gotta keep moving . . .

Enygirl 03-10-2008 01:17 PM

How often are you weighing? I know I'm weighing in on Monday - because of my other challenge, but after that i think I may go monthly.. or in my case - odd holidays. :) I was thinking my next weigh in would be on Earth Day - April 22.

I was thinking about that too - about changing my goal from a weight to a size. I would LOVE to be a size 8 - and since I've never been that size I have no idea how much I'd have to lose.

I like that theory of binging - if I eat past full then it's a binge. That's pretty much how I've been basing it anyhow. Yesterday I was really craving a Suzy Q. So I had one as a snack - but I didn't eat the 2 that came in the pack - and I know I didn't "over eat". So I'm counting that as ok. So today is day 3 for me. I feel better not having to scrutinize my every morsal that I put into my mouth.

I like the feeling of comfort - not hungry because I ate something "bad" that was high in calories - and not too full that I feel yucky. I think that I may have found something that works! I can't wait until my book comes so I can learn more about it and how to increase the effectiveness. :)

GG - you and I were posting at the same time :hug: A pound is still a pound! And you're STILL BEATING ME!!!!! :) Just keep your chin up. Boys can be dumb (although girls aren't an exception) just remeber that if you didn't have disagreements then you'd be clones of eachother and God knows that I'd drive myself NUTS!!!! As DBF said last night - I'm his best GF ever because I haven't gone completely crazy yet. :D

mrsaugie 03-10-2008 06:08 PM

it is confession time. :o after 3 days of exercising in a row i did nothing over the weekend. Saturday was awful we had a chicago style pizza and also a dessert pizza from Papa Murphys. yesterday all i did was sat around with not much energy to do anything. hopefully next weekend will be better but i am not counting on it since The 15th is my Birthday. Anyway back at it today. and keep going.

likenoother-- i like that definition of a binge.