Old 12-31-2007, 06:07 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool W.O.W Goin for the Green Challenge *Week 1*

Morning yall! Since I'm suffering from my second night of computer insomia, I decided to go ahead and post the first thread for our St. Patty's day challenge! Hopefully everyone can check in before they start getting ready for their New Years celebrations. I, of course, will be at home tonight, asleep or on the computer. Figures my first new years eve at legal age will be spent in a new state with no car, money, and most importantly, no friends. *sigh* Thems the breaks, I guess. I just tell myself that it will all be worth it. It will all be worth it! Hopefully this evening will pass fast. Ah ****! Enough with my pouting! It's the start of our new challenge! For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our oldbies! Welcome back!

I just realized that this is my FIRST thread where I got to copy/paste that! I feel so special!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Thanks JL, and I've spent many NYE home myself as well, dig in and watch some of the "Best of" Shows, some of them are awesome.
Grazer, do you have "exercise on demand" on your cable plan? They have ab jam and turbosculpt from the Turbojam series and three Firm series videos on. Then you can check them out before you buy. I love the Ab Jam.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 2008 and we all make our wishes come plans come true. We are going to dinner with 2 other couples and then I believe coming back here to watch the ball drop.

I am going to eat OP today but expect I will have some off appetizer or such at dinner and also expect I will have a drink or two when we get back here.

W 3l
E Abjam and maybe snowshoes, it snowed again last night
E as clean as possible, will be at least a little cheat I'm sure.
D not beating me up, I will do my best tonight and start brand new tomorrow
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:46 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies,
I have a friend who's invited me to drink wine and watch movies at her house with her 14yo PITA child. My DH is home, i don't think it's right for me to be off somewhere else for NYE when he's home. So I'll be staying home.
Weed:
W: 64 oz at least. gotta build that number back up!
E: whatever I can get in at lunch
E: On plan as close as possible
D: try not to be miserable as DH has today and tomorrow off, and i have to work.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Good morning! It's already 2008 over here - looks a lot like 2007 so far.

I'm very excited that another challenge has started. I bought a scale yesterday and weighed in (previously been using a friend's scale) and I'm around 178. Woo hoo - I guess some of that holiday weight was water after all. But, I really need to get back on the exercise horse. Even though I'm down a couple of pounds, I don't really feel as good because I'm just sitting around.

So, today's WEED:
W - 2.5L
E - Do some! Right now I"m thinking a cardio DVD.
E - OP, make lunch and dinner at home.
D - Get a big chunk of grading done.

Happy New Year!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:58 AM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

boy if next year looks anything like it does now, i'll be inside the house with the dog, with DH getting wasted in the garage. I have my own drink, but i'll stop after this one. He won't.

If you get to go out, i hope you had a great time. You're lucky enough to have someone who wants to celebrate with you. DH says "it's just another day." Yeah, makes me feel pretty good huh??

It's 2 hrs til my HNY and i'm watching a latin dance workout dvd. Oh boy!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #6  

HT, you make me sad. You sound so sad.
He sounds rather selfish. It IS another day, they all are, but that is one more opportunity to do what makes us feel good and I hope today you will do something that makes you feel good about you.

JL - good job with the copy paste chickie!! Seriously, thanks for starting us up! When's you trip to the gym and your start up scheduled??

Jen- Happy New Year!! Congrats on the new scale!! I bought mine during this journey too, it's great!

Hope everyone is getting ready to make 2008 our best yet!
W 3.5 my sausage fingers will thank me, I retained so much water today from not making goal yesterday, I don't even want to talk about it!
E I think my snowshoes later, we are supposed to get up to 8 more inches today. Also, will check exercise TV and see what new videos they have for 2008.
E Plan, plan, plan, nothing that is not OP will cross my lips.
D spending the day with family, back to work tomorrow.
YS will be taking the Polar Plunge later! A dive into a frozen lake in January to wash off the old.

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-01-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Happy New Year WEEDers!!

Jlea - Thanks for starting the thread! You'll get used to the new place - try not to get too down about it. By next year, you'll have left us in the dust, out prancing around with all of your new friends and richy-rich lifestyle!! The older you get, the less important New Year's Eve becomes, anyway !

Mavis - I'll have to check out the exercise on demand thing. The only things I've watched on demand so far are music and cooking shows. Guess I should trade in the cooking for exercise. Hope we get it on our cable. Enjoy the snowshoes!

Jen M - Happy New Year! Doesn't a new scale make it seem like a fresh start? Hope the new one's good to you!

HolyT - I think you were better off with the husband rather than your friend's child. I teach that age group, and believe me, I'd rather avoid them most of the time, too!

Where's everyone else? Still recovering from last night? Wakey-wakey!!!! No time like the present to reboot the WEED!!!

Well, I refuse to move the ticker to my new, 6 pound gain of holiday weight. I'm assuming, like some of you, that it's mainly water and/or salt, so I expect to be near my ticker by next Monday, anyway. Great NSV - One of my sisters is going to begin Fat Smashing today. Since that's the program I'm following, she was really inspired. Who ever thought that I could inspire anyone else to lose weight (other than maybe they didn't want to end up like me ). Gives me a boost in the butt, too, since I don't want her to catch up too fast!

Gonna be kind of relaxed about program today, but right back into it tomorrow!!! This week's WEED:
W - 48 oz
E - 3 miles on treadmill
E - strictly Phase 1 of Fat Smash (need to detox again )
D - Going for my Valentine's goal first, then will set a St. Patrick's
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I guess some of yall might be recovering from last night. Hope you all had fun!

WOOOT Jen!

HT ~ Sorry your DH sounds like a jerk. It is a day but one of the few days of the year where you have 'permission' to celebrate! AND this is the ONLY day every year that the freakin year changes!

MM ~ I think I'm going to schedule it for tomorrow or Thursday. I would rather do it on a day off so I have to check my schedule.

Music ~ 'Richy rich' lifestyle? I'm intrigued. LOL
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hello Everyone! The last of our celebrating was today- the family BBQ. Did I over eat? Yes. Did I eat too many sweets? Yes. Thankfully, I'm experiencing some insomnia so I exercised this afternoon rather than napped!!!

I am back on WEED as of now. Plan for tomorrow:

W- 64 oz
E- OP. Remember how yucky I feel from all of that sugar!
E- video and weights
D- one day at a time

MM and JenM- Thanks for the info about the exercise videos.

Music T- Love your NSV. What a great motivator.

HolyT- thinking of you.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Thanx girls. Damn fool stole my bottle of barcardi too. I meant to make rumballs for some of my coworkers. That's the only reason I bought it! I don't drink very often as I'm always trying to lose weight, and DH drinks more than enough on Friday nights so I don't really have the desire to. I think it's because I always feel like somebody needs to be responsible. Even if we go on vacation or to the city he can't be the responsible one. He won't even try.

But I'm doing ok today! I had maybe one drink last night, watched that latin dance dvd which was pretty dang good!! I will try to hit my water real well today. I already did dishes once and made a late late late breakfast. I need to take down the tree later. I want to get a few pix taken before i take it down.

I will cook up some soups today too I think. A basic veggie soup so I can add goodies too it whenever I get bored with it I'll also cook tamales later. Meat's in the crockpot right now sizzling away.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #11  

Where are the missing WEED-ers? Aud, JCat, NurseMichelle, Lumifan, where are you?????

HT - I second (or third, fourth?) the hugs that you've been sent. I'm glad this hasn't derailed your weight loss or sense of worth. Veggie soup and tamales? Yum!

Grazer - I have discovered that sugar makes me feel completey yucky, too, BUT that I still crave it once I start eating it. Can someone explain that to me? I'm trying to make today mostly a sugar-free day, minus the teaspoon of brown sugar I use in my oatmeal. I think if I can do a couple of days like that the cravings will go away.

JL - If you get a "richy rich lifestyle" we all might move to San Antonio!

I didn't accomplish my WEED yesterday - I started to feel a cold coming on, and then had no energy for exercise. So after I finish typing this thread, I'm popping in the DVD and doing it! No excuses, it WILL get done today! I gotta get back to where I looked forward to working out and enjoyed it (after the first few minutes). My eating was ok, a little over my calories, but no bingeing or craziness.

Today's WEED -
W - 2.5L
E - Do it! Do it! Do it!
E - Cook lunch and dinner, no sugar.
D - More grading. Blah.

Thanks, ladies, for the listening ear! See you later!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #12  

Just finished my cardio! Woo hoo, one thing done for today!

Sorry, I'm in a mood where I need to celebrate small victories. It's a "baby steps" kind of day.

The next baby step is a shower!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #13  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

hey i hear that. i stood for the last 2 hours making tamales for DH and my back is now screaming at me for it.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:37 AM   #14  

My weight is way up again today. I am not getting in enough water. Today I go back to work, so that should help.
W 3.5
E video and maybe a lunchtime walk
E plan
D back to work. Work to live, don't live to work.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i made some basic veggie soup last night to bring for lunch today. i hope it tastes ok. i'll go weigh myself and all that this morning. I'll post later