Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default October weight loss challenge

hi ladies I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

We start our new month tomorrow and I love the fact that we are starting our first day on a Monday! Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss, maintenance, and healthy eating and exercising. I lost another pound and am happy to have lost a couple of pounds this past month. Having you all here is a godsend! The support here is so nice and has helped me to keep at it, thanks ladies

I hope to see everyone here from previous months, let's keep on trucking! Everyone is welcome to join our team and at any time during the month, it's never too late to join in so please do so!

Every month we start a new thread but do by the month with the philosophy of taking it one step at a time so as to not get overwhelmed. We simply state our weight loss goal for the month ( or maintenance goal, eating healthy, etc.) and our weigh in day (if this ishow we are measuring our success). For a long time I was weighing in weekly on a Monday which worked beautifully for me...it kept me in line both on plan and helped to keep me in line over the weekend. Now recently, I started getting a bit frustrated with the scale and have been trying to keep it on the backburner a bit and just keep focusing on healthy plan and exercising......the rewards do come and are evident in many ways.

My plan will be to continue with my low fat regime of fish and chicken, limited beef and carbs (bread, which I am having trouble with again) and to maybe shake things up a bit this month and vary my foods. My weight loss goal is to have weight loss! : ) I am excited about our new month ladies, have a super day andkeep on truckin!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #2  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Hello Everyone,
Ok here I go again. I am starting my weight loss journey on Oct 1st and hopefully I will stick to it. I plan on jumping in with two feet I do much better with all or nothing because I have not perfected the whole moderation thing.
This site seems to do the trick in keeping me motivated and moving in the right direction. good luck to all.
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone! WOOOOT new month! I'll let you know what my WL goal will be on Tuesday but another goal I have for this month is NO FAST FOOD! Also I want to go to the gym at least three times a week.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #4  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Woot! Come on Ocotber!! I want to lose 3-5 pounds this month...exercise at least 5 times a day and be good to the children.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #5  
I'm gettin there

S/C/G: 231/190/155

Height: 5 foot 7

Hello my name is Robyn, Ive never really joined any of these monthy challenges so this is new for me.
My goal for the month is to leave the 190's behind and try to eat 35 grams of fiber a day(I have med cond that requires me to eat min of that). My current weight is 194 so here I go. Also I want to make it to the gym 4x's a week.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
metalgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #6  
move it

Lekhika, you're gonna' exercise 5 times a day? You're gonna be one fit chick...
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I'm going to try and lose my last 5 pounds this month. I'm also hoping to tone and tighten. My lower abs are attrocious! I'm expecting my order of Turbo Jam to arrive in the mail any day now, so when that arrives i'd like to do one of those dvds at least 5 times a week. I'm also going to up my weight trainning sessions from 2-3 times a week to 3-4 times a week. I'm also going to try and train myself to incorporate more veggies that I don't usually eat into my plan (ie beets and brussel sprouts).
Everytime hunger strikes and its not time for my meal or snack i'm going to go out for a twenty minute walk instead (or drink a bottle of water if i don't have time for the walk). If the hunger hasn't subsided after that i'll allow myself a light (50-100 cal) snack.
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #8  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Happy October!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #9  
Hunnasgirl

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'8"

I would love to join. I feel like I have been waiting for something in order to start my weight loss plan but this morning I realized that the longer I wait, the fatter I get so I am not waiting another minute!

Since I am at the beginning of my long journey, I am going to jump in with both feet and set my weight loss goal for 10 pounds this month. My weigh-in days will be Mondays and as of today, I am at 240 (god, help me).

Good luck to everyone!
hunnasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #10  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

My goal is 5lbs this month
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Me too, me too!! I am going to lose 7 lbs and get into the bottom half of the 150's!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!

In order to meet my Thanksgiving challenge goal I have to be very, very ambitious this month. It will be a real, heavy duty challenge. I'm going for 10.2 lbs. Heaven help me!

As for the old exercise, well, last month actuals plus 10%. I'm moving the yoga days, the previous schedule was doomed to fail. So here's to another month of fun and frustration!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #13  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody! So I was a complete bum last month and only lost 2 pounds..But it's still better than nothing!

I have to work harder this month though. I want to make my minigoals dangit

Since I did SO bad last month, this month's goal is a steep 9 pounds.

Good luck everyone! It's great to see you all again!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 10-01-2007 at 12:43 PM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #14  
move it

Happy October folks! My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month and exercise 5x per week. I'm going in for the annual physical soon and want to talk to the doctor about the overall plan. My doctor seems a little more knowledgeable than some about weight loss, so maybe he'll give me some good advice.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #15  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome to all our newbies and our faithful!
HAPPY OCTOBER!

Here's to a new and hopefully productive for all month! I was looking at my WW wi booklet and realized that Sept was just a month of steady gaining. No more! While the promotion is still valid, I'm going to rejoin WW and get the new material. Just to see what's going down. I highly doubt I'll make my orignial Halloween goal but I'm going to keep the ticker and get as close as POSSIBLE! My BFF fixed my MP3 player so now I actually have some music! Can anyone say GYM!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote