3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   October weight loss challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/123960-october-weight-loss-challenge.html)

metalgoddess 10-20-2007 12:09 PM

Hi

Hi everyone, I'm back after not posting for a while. Have been so busy but have done well exercising. Eating is a whole different story. Weird I do so good Mon-Thurs then after that is all down hill. But I have lost 2 lbs so I am happy about that. Only 2 more to meet my end of month goal. Hope I can do it.
I have to go through the post and read them all..lol. Congrats to everyone who is stickin to it.

seasoning 10-21-2007 11:27 AM

I lost a pound this week! :broc:

Metal, I also have trouble on the weekend. My brother's family comes over a lot on Sunday and his kids have appetites! I love them to death, but I want to eat everything I fix for them.

Hope everybody is doing well. The weather's gorgeous here. Makes me want to spend the whole day outside.

JasonsLea 10-21-2007 01:51 PM

:wave: everyone!

Good to see you Metal!

Congrats Seasoning!

70 mins Friday and 70 mins yesterday, all walking. Hoping I can get to the gym tomorrow.

So I had a total WTF? moment yesterday: I was delivering the dinner trays in MICU and one of the patients was looking at me and crackling when I was setting him up. As I was leaving, he said 'You got a fat face....but you're pretty.' Ooookkkaaay. I just looked at him and left. I wasn't hurt or angry, it was just 'Huh?'

seasoning 10-22-2007 12:48 AM

Wow, Shari, that's a really strange comment. I think the person was trying to say something nice, but it came out weird. Some people are like that, especially if they've got certain illnesses. I think you handled it very well.

Lekhika 10-22-2007 09:30 AM

JasonsLea

I think sometimes people are missing a filter. That was a rude thing to say, totally uncalled far. The only people who have a free pass in such situations are very small children (5 years old is the cut off).

I too think you handled it pretty well.

As for me, I'm doing well. And can finally say with a modicum of confidence that I seem to have my groove back on after totaly slacking for nearly two and a half months. I've had two good weeks of moving and weight training and eating on plan. This weekend I managed to get in exercise and ate quite on plan.

My next weigh in will be next Monday. Though I'll be ok with no weight lost, it sure would be nice to see that digital reading show a downward trend. That's all from my end chickies. Hope you all had great weekends too!

JasonsLea 10-22-2007 04:34 PM

Thanks Seasoning and Lek. :)

60 mins of walking today. We had a very pretty day. It was kinda dark, threatening rain, and the wind was blowing (well, it was pretty to me!).

Someone noticed today and it was weird cause I really haven't lost anything and when she asked, I kinda denied. She then asked me if I was trying, I said yes, and she said it showed. Not sure how to feel about that.

metalgoddess 10-22-2007 07:53 PM

Happy Monday?!

[COLOR="Red"]HI ALL. HAPPY MONDAY, OR AS HAPPY AS ONE CAN BE. ATE GREAT TODAY.:cp: DID BOUT 75 MIN OF CARDIO. I FOUND IF I ROTATE MACHINES I DONT HAVE AS MUCH PROBLEM GETTIN THROUGH IT. I DID 15 STAIRCLIMBER, 20 BIKE,10 TREADMILL, 10 MORE ON BIKE AND BOUT 18 ON ELLIPTICAL. PLUS SOME STRENGTH TRAININ.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WORK OUT IN A GYM. HAVE U EVER ENCOUNTERED THE WOMEN WHO SMELL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN WORKIN OUT FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT WHEN IN FACT THEY JUST WALKED THROUGH THE DOOR? THERE IS 2 YOUNGER WOMAN WHO WORK OUT TOGETHER AND THEY SMELL SO BAD. I HAD TO GET OFF OF THE ELLIPTICAL DUE TO IT. I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO CUZ ITS A EVERY TIME THING. ITS A MIX OF B.O. AND ALMOST LIKE A BUTT SMELL. I KNOW THAT IS GROSS BUT I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

NOW THAT IVE GROSSED EVERYONE OUT ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY!!!! LOL:dizzy::dancer:[COLOR]

JasonsLea 10-23-2007 08:09 PM

:wave: everyone!

Metal ~ Eeew! No, luckily I've never encountered someone like that at my Y.

Stayed the same this week. From now on, only veggies at work!

FullSteamAhead 10-24-2007 12:23 AM

Hi my ladies

It is rather late at night and I am pretty tired so I am going to go get some rest but I saw the news and posts and want to congratulate you all on the weight loss and on just keeping on truckin! :carrot: Keep it rocking, thre is still about one more week to go. Bravo for sticking together and supporting one another.......keep it going! Ill be checking in soon, miss you guys........hugs :hug:

Lekhika 10-24-2007 09:03 AM

Glad you're well FSA...I was just about to come here this morning and find out if youwere around. I think Sockmonkey is awol right now...I miss you too socky!

kappy 10-24-2007 11:48 AM

Hey all. Good news is I'm still averaging a loss of a pound a week. Not enough to get crazy with, but slow and steady. The bad news is the procedure I got last Tuesday either didn't work or has highlighted other previously unknown issues. I did my double cardio on Monday, got the first one in on Tuesday, and spent the afternoon and evening doing the ice/heat rotation.

Speaking of which Metalgoddess, since I was working out twice a day it was entirely possible I already was a bit ripe the second time I went to the gym. Not that anybody ever said anything. Hard to say what the issue is for sure with your gals, but try speaking to the employees. There may be an easy explanation or other complaints and the staff can deal with the gals for you.

Don't know for sure what I'm going to do, I need the exercise not only to lose weight but also to help manage my blood pressure. I just need to figure out what I can do and what I no longer should do. All while not making things worse. Heaven forbid anything should be easy.

pigginpodgey 10-24-2007 01:57 PM

Hey everyone! So ive been gone a little while, hmmm. Not good. Scottish man left on Saturday, so ive been a bit devestated and comfort eating since then, but today is a new day and Im pulling myself together. Comfort eating is not going to stop me missing him, so i best just get on with it!! I hate to think what my weight is at the moment, i think im going to start working hard at it again today and weigh on the 31st of this month and see where i am.
I need to get back up to speed with what everyone has been up too since my absence!! So im going to go catch up on all your news!!

JasonsLea 10-24-2007 05:24 PM

30 mins walking today. I think I need to set up the coffee pot again! since I've switched to nights, I've been sleeping WAY to much as opposed to too little. I need to shot for 7-9 hours because if I get less or more, I get horrible headaches.

Electronics rant:

Okay, I am SO pissed right now! my cable got turned off, which was totally my fault, so i had been watching DVDs for the last couple of weeks. So the other night, after I had just got finished watching The Brothers Grimm, I had a urge to watch Helen of Troy. so I pop it in, I knew something was wrong because it didn't immediately go to the DVD screen. It said 'loading' for about six mins then popped the movie out! I tried again, same thing. Assuming it was the dvd, I tried a different movie.....then another....then another....then another! Same thing. finally I put back in the Brothers Grimm, which I had just watched that morning, and IT DID THE SAME THING! So somehow my DVD player is screwed up! *screams* So no TV! All the channels are fuzzy and I have no rabbit ears!

Today.....
I was finally ready to try this pumpkin pie smoothie that I had got out of Prevention. I got the ingredients, stomach rumbling, and started the blender. it started to blend then I pushed another button for a higher speed, saw a spark and heard a little pop. Blender went dead. I'm thinking, plug outlet blew. But the microwave was still on! Unplugged the blender and tried every damn socket in that kitchen...no dice. So my blender is broken! And I can't find the receipt! I just had it last week! I think it's in the car....at the shop....with my umbrella and my license! *screams*

seasoning 10-24-2007 10:52 PM

Piggin, I've been wondering about you. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it. I remember a similar thing years ago when a boyfriend moved away and I was so sad! I hope you find something to take your mind off that. Exercise is good, if you can find something you like. Things will get better!

Shari, sounds like the appliances in your house got together and revolted. Maybe they're talking to each other right now, deciding which one will throw the next outage. Don't let them do it. You've got to show them you're stronger than they are!

Lekhika 10-25-2007 06:54 AM

Piggin
Hope you can cope up well. Sorry it is such a chitty time right now.

JasonsLea
Yikes that sucks about your DVD player. I rarely watch tv but I am lost if I don't have any internet connection so I feel your pain.

Seasoning...How are you?

I'm doing well..working out everyday and eating well. I'm very very happy to be back on teh exercise wagon.