3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   October weight loss challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/123960-october-weight-loss-challenge.html)

kappy 10-11-2007 02:39 PM

Pigginpodgey I admire your ability/desire/whatever to pick up and move to another country. I mean that is awesome. OK, so it's still the UK. But it's not like you'll be able to pop "home" for the weekend! Incredible.

Jasonslea -- funny thing about cars and mechanics. When you find a good one they're worth their weight in gold. Bad ones just seem to drain the wallet, your spirit, and whatever was still working on the car! And good luck with the shift change. Sometimes anything is worth it if it gets you away from toxic people.

I found out over the weekend that if you're on NSAID's and trying to lose weight the best thing to do is stop taking the NSAID. Obviously advice from somebody who didn't need one. That said, my treatment is scheduled for Tuesday morning so I can't take the NSAID anymore . . . I should be a load of fun by Sunday, by Monday all heads within reach in danger and just stay out of my way on Tuesday prior to treatment! Here's hoping it works, life gets better and the gym a bit less painful!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Dea 10-11-2007 05:07 PM

Shari...I like your signature at the bottom of your posts...very cute pumpkins!!
I have had a hard time staying on plan this week. I need to do something about these bad food choices, or I am going to lose alot of ground instead of alot of weight!! I just got home from school, and downed 3 scoops of ice cream....I never eat ice cream!! I'm not looking at a scale until Monday...it would be too depresing. I need to get a good work-out in tonight (before Survivor, Supernatural and ER) and start off with strong self-control tomorrow!!
Here's to having a successful weekend!!

Lekhika 10-12-2007 07:06 AM

Good Morning Ladies.
I am holding steady at my weight and am working hard to establish a exercise schedule. I hate to abandon the kids to the tv while I work out so I've been waiting for my husband to get home so I can get in my workout at night.

It's been working this week but I'd like to establish some type of routine for amonth before calling it a successful implementation! My goal right now really (other than drop the last peskey 7 pounds) is to get tone, so I've stepped up the squats and boxing with weights, and really the ultimate goal is to have a routine down so that I won't wind up where I was in January.

FSA, it's so sweet of you to notice when people are gone. The scale, I really wish I could just chuck it out the window. But I know that I need that validation...even if it's once every two weeks. My next weigh in is on Halloween day. I'll be ok staying the same weight...but a change would be very nice.

I hope all of you stay on plan this weekend and if you don't, I hope you all get back on plan on Monday! It finally feels like fall so Happy Autumn people!

JasonsLea 10-12-2007 07:17 AM

Mama ~ I think it's great the man likes the library. I lived in the library when I was a kid.

Kappy ~ I'm a little nervous about the change. I don't expect miracles but I just don't want it to be too bad, ya know?

Thanks Dea!

Lek ~ This sudden weather change ticks me off. A few days ago, it still felt like summer than BOOM! so-cold-you-see-your-breath! I haven't even had time to dig out my hoodie!

pamatga 10-12-2007 07:39 AM

My weight lose challenge is to make 243 lbs by November 1st. I am 249 lbs on October 12, 2007, which is today.

It is possible. I have lost 9.5 lbs since September 1, 2007.

Exercise is no problem at all for me. I have been working out 6 days a week.

I am still amazed at how little of food I can eat. Once I get accustomed to that, I'll be okay.

pigginpodgey 10-12-2007 09:42 AM

Hey everyone!
Things have been a bit hectic around here lately. Work is mad, ive been promoted and we are in the process of employing someone new for my old job, so im doing two jobs at the moment!! Arrggh!! Scottish guy is now properly moved in, so we have been doing lots of shifting and clearing so his stuff fits!!
Kappy - I know isnt it crazy that Im willing/thinking about moving 8,000 miles to be with this guy. But I think life is too short to not do things because your scared. Im convinced that this is the guy for me.
Eating hasnt been great, I went to the gym last night, scottish guy is so sweet he really encourages me with my weight loss. Last night we had chicken and i made him pasta to go with it, and a baked potato for me to go with it. So thats a start!!

mamabear272 10-12-2007 11:30 AM

Hi everyone! Not much time to post right now but I'll check back in later. Just wanted to post that I have lost 2.6 lbs so far!! Woo Hooo!! :woo:

JasonsLea 10-12-2007 03:20 PM

Welcome Pam!

Congratulations on the promotion Piggin! Ahhh, Scot is raking up brownie points. :D

Molly ~ WTG!

50 mins of exercise today.

seasoning 10-12-2007 10:13 PM

Welcome acacia and pamataga!

I'm just back from the gym and feeling pleasantly tired. I *think* I've burned off the calories from the wedding last weekend and am looking forward to a small drop next weigh-in. Lekhika, I am also glad to feel fall in the air. We haven't cooled off as much as you, but there's a definite change in the air and I'm glad.

Lekhika 10-13-2007 07:23 AM

Welcome to the noObies! And congratulations Molly! That rocks! Keep up the good work.

Yeah, it's pretty cold. Yesterday evening I actually had to turn the heat on for a couple of hours (it was 65 degrees in the house at about 5)! So, I'm all set for a weekend of entertaining. It's my husband's birthday on SUnday and my parents are comign over today early afternoon so they can spend extra time with the kids...then it's a full house tomorrow with my brother and his wife and my husband's sister and family arriving!

Busy busy busy!

Take care girls.
Be good to your selves!

JasonsLea 10-13-2007 09:31 AM

Morning everyone!

ImpalaHoarder 10-13-2007 10:15 AM

Hi! I'm new, but I thought this thread seemed like a good idea.

My goal for the end of October is to have 720 minutes of exercise done by the end of the month (not including fencing), and to make it into the 170's, which would represent about a six pound weight loss. I also want to do a better job of sticking to a reasonable diet, eating less fruit and more vegetables, and trying to overindulge less at dinner. Wish me luck!

Dea 10-13-2007 11:35 AM

The lbs that I gained while on vacation are almost gone...1 more off during the weekend, and I will be good to go!!
Have a great weekend everyone.
Ours will be spent mostly at the hockey areana!

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2007 12:15 PM

Hi ladiessssssssss, it's so great to come in and read everyones news.

Happy weekend! The time sure is going by fast.

Acacia, pamatga, and Impala Hoarder :welcome2:

Today the sun is finally out after several days of greyness and rain, it sure feels great to see the sun. It is quite cool and the temp went down to 34 overnight! I still have many plants out on my deck which will be have to taken in this weekend, hope they are okay! I need to get my tail over to the makret too as I am out of ingredients and that is a danger zone for me. When I get hungry my mind may start wandering onto certain foods which t ypically doesn't happen if I already know what I am having for dinner.

mamabear, congratulations on the 2.6 loss! That's great! :carrot::carrot:

Lekhikaaa , Happy BIrthday to hubby! :balloons: Have a wonderful time at the birthday party tomorrow :)

Dea, w ay to go!

Pigginpodgey, congratulations on the promotion! :congrat: Scottish man sounds very supportive of your mission, etc. : )

JasonsLea, bravo on the exercise yesterday!

Seasoning, Kappy, and all of you ladies....great to hear from everyone. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Let's keep on truckin, half way through the month! ciao for now ladies, talk soon :hug:

JasonsLea 10-14-2007 05:09 PM

:wave: everyone!

Welcome Impala!

So I got 70 min of exercise yesterday. But I kinda figured that it was cancelled out by the horrific eating I did afterwards (the pitfalls of having a best friend who's going to Culinard!:o). But when I got up today, I hopped on the scale to see how much damage control I would have to do and I've lost. :dizzy: Thank you body! I celebrated with a peanut butter and jelly wheat bagel and a bottle of water. Protein and fiber is good for Shari. :D

Today is my first day on night shift and I'm nervous/excited. We'll see how this goes.