3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   October weight loss challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/123960-october-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Anabella04 10-04-2007 01:12 PM

Hi everyone! My goal for October is 5 pounds. I haven't exactly started exercising yet so another goal will be to find some type of activity I can do with my baby boy.

JasonsLea 10-04-2007 01:31 PM

Piggin ~ WTG on those wings and fries! You could have done ALOT worse!

Welcome Ana!

kappy 10-04-2007 05:22 PM

Pigginpodgey, I don't think you come across as blond. But then again, I am too so what would I notice?! Loved the pics, girl, you looked great. Post the dress for sale, once you lose your weight you'll need some more money for the next ball dress!

Jasonslea, was today any better? I had a whopper yesterday myself. I didn't fall off the wagon I apparently leaped. That's going to take some work to undo! Hope your damage wasn't as bad. We all have great days and not so great days at the office, it happens. Ever have one of them where you swear it takes a full five minutes for one minute to pass on the clock? I much prefer the "what do you mean it's already lunchtime? How can that be?!" kinda days!

As for myself and falling off the plan yesterday, I'm hoping that's over and done with. I don't think I was eating enough, definitely not enough veggies, to the point that I could have eaten walls yesterday. Makes exercising extremely difficult! Interesting lesson to have to learn. I have to come up with a better breakfast/lunch plan that gets the weight off faster and yet doesn't leave me feeling like seriously overcooked pasta. Limp and useless!

kappy 10-04-2007 05:53 PM

Pigginpodgey, I finally found a place where diet percentages are spelled out. Well, sort of. And I'm so brilliant it only took about an hour to figure out who it was that had asked in the first place!

Aim for 40% of your diet from carbohydrates, 30% protein, 30% fat. If you think you have a slow metabolism, shift to 40% protein and 20% fat. If you were on Alli (a diet drug) and you were doing the former you'd be sick as a dog. Alli just won't allow you to eat that much fat. So mess around, test different ranges for yourself, keep track of the whole show on FitDay, and see what works for you. Good luck!

pigginpodgey 10-05-2007 07:57 AM

Thanks for the percentages Kappy!

Jasonslea - i know, it could have been a total binge... eek!

Today was relatively good, things went down hill in the evening when i had a pot noodle ( arrggh i know!!) and then had a packet of crisps with boyf, but im hoping it wasnt enough to undo everything. I havent managed any formal exercise this week, i have been concentrating on my eating and then will get back to exercise once i feel thats under control. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

GirlOnAMission 10-05-2007 09:55 AM

The only thing that I've been having trouble with is the drinking of the water. I'm not a big fan of the way my tap water tastes. Other than that, things have been going fairly well. I'm using my NYC Ballet workout DVDs, and let me tell you, I've noticed a difference in my posture, which has made a huge difference already. No backaches yesterday! :)

seasoning 10-05-2007 11:12 AM

Ouch! Spent an hour on the machines in the gym yesterday and now I'm sore everywhere. To add insult to injury, my weight is up this morning because I took ibuprophen last night for soreness. I feel like a little old lady. I need a hot bath...

FullSteamAhead 10-05-2007 11:30 AM

Hi there ladies, Happyyyyyyy friday!

Annabella, welcome :) Hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

Wednesday was a bad day for me OP wise and yesterday though I just had a salad for lunch I ate past my cut off point for dinner, I ate gwampkis (stuffed cabbage rolls) late! lol I did manage to get some walks in the past few days which makes me feel a bit better about it but even so, working on having good op days all the way around. TOday is a new day my ladies, wishing you all a great OP day and a super start to the weekend.

It's been pretty busy around here lately, the guys are doing the driveway (fianl round) today and it looks beautiful! I may be going up to NH for a couple days this sunday, the foliage is at its peak up there right about now so hopefully I can still get a reservation. The weather is just so beautiful here right now so I'll see how it goes come Sunday.

Have a great weekend :) and keep on truckin!

kappy 10-05-2007 11:59 AM

Greetings one and all!

I have to say since I hunted down that calorie information for Pigginpodgey it sure has illuminated a whole lot for me. Not in a kind way, either! So, time to get the old books out again and figure this out AGAIN. Funny how as time goes by you remember the parts about dieting you want to but manage to "forget" the parts that are less pleasing. Not so good.

I wish we had the foliage changes like in NH, I love the fall. I like the dietary changes that come in with the cooler weather. Now to make sure that those dietary changes actually stay OP and are the good kind of changes!

Have a great weekend all, stay OP and have fun. Monday will be on us before we know it.

Dea 10-06-2007 09:05 PM

Hi everyone...boy, I have missed alot!!
Had a great vacation in Disney....the weather was hot (a bit of rain each day), the kids had a blast, and I am not touching the scale until Monday morning because I know that I ate poorly. I went prepared to work extra upon return to real life, because what is a vacation without a little indulgence!?!
My goal for the month is 9 lbs.....moving slowly closer to my New Year's goal of 60 lbs.
Great to have you all back on this thread!!

maryshady 10-07-2007 08:43 AM

Hi everyone! I would love to join this. I am officially starting my new eating plan on Tuesday. I would love to lose 6 lbs this month and get to the 160's. We are going to Arizona on the 8th of November for a vacation celebrating our 20th anniversary. Will be in the 160's for that vacation.

seasoning 10-07-2007 11:43 AM

Well, nuts. I'm up a pound this week. I can't say I'm too surprised, because my sister got married yesterday and between the rehearsal dinner, the reception, and the company, there has been an abundance of food everyday. I also missed going to the gym several times because of events. So, this week I just have to get back to my own food plan and go to the gym every single day.

ButterflyDiva 10-07-2007 03:29 PM

Well, I didn't lose all the weight I wanted to lose last moth, but I did lose some. This month my goal is another 5lbs. I just got HHA which I'm excited to start using and lately I've been craving fruits and veggies. So hopefully I can keep this attitude up all month

jordan 10-07-2007 07:29 PM

Piggin, your pictures are beautiful and I love your necklace! And goood job controlling the chicken wing consumption. Such is life, fries are a reality...I just wish I had as much control as you did.
Seasoning-weddings are such fun. And I would say up a pound is pretty darn good considering the quantity and types of food that normally surround events like that. It will come off quickly.
Dea - I want to go to Disney. I remember that was always SO much fun. Oh to be a kid again, I will just have to wait until I have a couple, then lots of trips to disneyland. Glad you had fun.
This month is flying by. It's already the 7th, thats just crazy. Holidays are approaching, I am so excited.

metalgoddess 10-08-2007 06:54 AM

Not good week

Well im exactly where I was beginnin of the week. This week was not good for me. First off I lost a aunt to cancer last thurs. so I have been supporting my mom and food at her house arent usually healthy choices. Then came the T.O.M. which brings on cravings. Then lastly thursday night I found out my friend was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. So yeah I havent been too focused this week. I did exercise to relieve stress but balanced it out with overeating on alot of junk.
So hopefully this week is going to be better. I hope everyone has a good week. I am trying to direct my feelings to exercise and think healthy. I think I can do it.