3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   September weight loss challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/121632-september-weight-loss-challenge.html)

sockmonkey70 09-24-2007 03:54 PM

Gah I would love to have an occasion like a ball to dress up for once I get to goal! I might just by an awesome dress anyway LOL.

Shari I am sorry babe. I know how bad it sucks when money is tight. I just had to borrow some money from a friend to buy a new computer, as mine randomly died. I hate been a poor student LOL.

seasoning 09-24-2007 07:08 PM

Oh piggin, a ball sounds great! Get out those glass slippers. If you see a bunch of faces in the windows, you'll know we came to watch!

Dea 09-24-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasoning (Post 1867607)
Oh piggin, a ball sounds great! Get out those glass slippers. If you see a bunch of faces in the windows, you'll know we came to watch!

that's very funny!! I can just see us with our noses pushed up against the window!!

pigginpodgey 09-25-2007 09:03 AM

LOL at everyones noses pressed up against the window, i would smuggle you in through the fire exit chickies!!! Went to an aerobics class last night called body blast, and blast us she did, my god i havent sweated so much for a long time, my vest was soaking, my hair.. yikes!!! Think it did the trick though, im aware of tummy muscles this morning!!
Im going to go for a nice long walk tonight after work, dont want to over do the exercise and make myself sore, but do want to keep moving and eating right!!! This week I have a works dinner on thursday night ( free food, free booze, eeek!!) and then this ball on friday night, so im going to have to keep it light during the day thursday/friday.
Apparently at this ball there is a giant chocolate fountain, my boyfriend will have to stop me from just jumping in and laying face down in it!!!

FullSteamAhead 09-25-2007 10:38 AM

Good morning ladies, nice to read everyones news.

I finally took the bugger scale out, I am down 2 lbs. I thought perhaps it would of been more given the hours and hoursssssss of heavy cleaning I put in, but hey, I'll take it!

THe party went great Sunday, it was a birthday party for my mother. I was so sick that morning though (darn tom), I took some alleve and was a bit better, I managed to do all that I needed despite not feeling well. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside, cooked out and plus I made a couple of my moms favorite greek dishes. We had quite the feast, I did not eat much as I wasn't feeling so hot so I did ok in that department.

I am soooooooo happy that I am done with the fall cleaning and now can take a break! THe weather is absolutely gorgeous, in the 80's. We are having a summer weather pattern here! Going to pick mom up today and catch some rays!!!!!!! lol. Tom is still here but im feeling fine now. I need to go get ready so I dont have much time for personals but Ill be back soon to write more. Congrats to those of you who had a loss and to all for keeping at it! Hope you all have a super day :) talk soon :hug:

kappy 09-26-2007 03:03 PM

Sorry to have been MIA lately. Things are a bit nuts for some reason.

Pigginpodgey -- you know we're going to want details! I hope you've got a fantastic memory for a long and wonderful night!

Jasonslea, how's the car? Better still, how's the back? There's almost always some way of coping with a car in the shop but when your back is having it's own personal fit life can be horrid. BTW, I hear ya on the finances. Sucks always having to count the pennies.

A successful party, FullSteamAhead? In double, from your mom's point of view and your health! That has to feel great. With the weather looking great, the chores done, you sound like you're on top of the world.

I'm happy in that my 7 day running average weight is just a few tenths off the daily scale. Which is good. Exercise (except for yoga) has been going great. The only problem is I was in a car with the window down for about 10 miles on Sunday. Today there is absolutely no air going through my nose and I can't stop coughing while doing nothing more strenuous than sitting at my desk and typing! They'll throw me out of the gym if I go in there sounding like this and I can't say I'd blame them! It's allergies, I'm used to it. But the folks at the gym don't know I'm not contagious, they just know I'm coughing my head off. Time for Plan F . . . as soon as I figure out what that might be!

Lekhika 09-27-2007 09:19 AM

Kappy WOW!! They sure seem attentive at your gym. When I belonged to a health club (Bally's YUCK!!) no one even paid attention to what the members were doing. On the one hand, it sucks that they would kick you out, but on the other hey...they are watchful and seem like a caring place. That's pretty darn cool!!!

Good morning to everyone else!! Hope you're all well. It's week one of me sticking to my new daily goal of exercise for life. I need to learn that exercise is a must, whether I want to lose weight or not. I don't really care if it comes off super slowly right now...I just want to keep moving. Otherwise this weight will slowly creep back on.

I am off to get my daughter ready for ballet class. And after that...a visit to the grocery store....and then half an hour of cardio on the treadmill...

You know...I have noticed that exercise helps to keep my cyclical depression at bay....I feel calmer and more controlled if I get in at least half an hour of exercise daily....pretty neat eh?

JasonsLea 09-27-2007 06:13 PM

Good news everyone: got the car back! And it's driveable (sp?)! Guy said I needed a new radiator but my stepdaddy knows how to do that so I don't have to shell out $400+! WOOOOT! GYM tomorrow! My back's feeling better, ready to get off my fat tushie.

Dea 09-27-2007 06:58 PM

Lekhika...I like your philosophy on exercise....whether it's for loosing weight or not! I also feel much calmer and more centred if I get a work-out done..I try to get up early to fit it into my day. I hate it when I sleep in and don't leave myself enough time to exercise, becuase then I stress all day about when I'm going to be able to do it!!
Good to hear about your car Shari...what a relief!
Have a great rest of the week, and weekend everyone!

Lekhika 09-28-2007 07:58 AM

Good morning!! I weighed myself this morning and am down 1.5 pounds! I was looking to maintain this month and was really ok with staying at the weight I was....and well..since I started up my cardio again....kablamo!

I feel so empowered that I'll surely be eating on target today! We have booked weekends from now until the middle of October so I started up the working out at just the right time!

HOpe you're all well and have a fabulous weekend!

pigginpodgey 09-28-2007 08:11 AM

I was hoping to have a loss today for the ball, but that didnt happen im still the same weight, but at least i didnt gain. And i have been pigging out a bit. Ball tonight so im quite excited!! I will post my photos if there are any nice ones!! Have a good weekend everyone!

FullSteamAhead 09-28-2007 10:17 AM

goodmorning ladies :)

Happy Friday! Dea, congratulations on the 2lb. loss and getting to the 40 lb. mark! :carrot::carrot: that rocks! : )

Kappy, yes it was a nice feeling getting all my work done and just in time to enjoy those hot days! I hope that your allergies are better and your feeling better. Kudos to you for the exercising!

Lekhikaaaa, cograts on the 1.5 lb. loss :carrot and on your exercise and outlook, etc. Keep it rocking my freind. Have a faboulous weekend as well :)

jasonsLea, I am glad that your back is better and that your got your car back too! That's great that your stepdad is helping you out with that stuff.

Pigginpodgey, that's great you maintained. Have a wonderfulllllll time at the ball tonight girl! :)

Seasoning, mary, and all of you.........great to hear your news. I hope you all have a great weekend ladies. As for me, I have been totally taking it easy the past few days. I felt tired! I suppose it was a result of post tom and all the work I did so I just let myself rest and enjoyed the outdoors. Feeling more rested now and am happy it's the weekend as I can spend more time with dh.

3 more days to go ladies! We start our new month on a Monday which I think is great, sure beats starting it on a sat. and on a holiday weekend like last month! lol :) Enjoy your weekend everyone. I'll be back soon to post our new thread and Im thinking of my plan for next month and will need to get my tail to the grocery store sunday in preparation for it. Keep up the great work everyone :)

seasoning 09-29-2007 11:16 PM

We're down to the end of the month, gals. I hope everybody's pleased with where you are, or at you're at least OK and ready to hit it for October. I don't think I'll make my goal for this month unless there's a big surprise in the morning, but I feel very up about October. Cheers!

FullSteamAhead 09-30-2007 11:17 AM

Hi ladiesssssssssssss, congratulations on another month! : ) I have to run as I am a bit late but I started our new thread so it is up and ready for our first day tomorrow. Hope your all having a great weekend, catch you soon.

FullSteamAhead 09-30-2007 11:18 AM

I am excited about our new month too seasoning! cheers girl :)