3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   September weight loss challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/121632-september-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Lekhika 09-19-2007 07:31 AM

Good morning everyone!

FSA
I will try the center cut as a reward at some point. I'm just afraid that the bacon will send me into an eating frenzy that won't stop until the ENTIRE packet is no more. I can't trust myself with bacon..it's like a drug to me...I'd mainline it if I could.... :P

I have been totally MEH on the exercise front so have been doing what I can to stay active and moving in the house and so am still maintaining...I would like to lose more...we'll see how today goes.

I'm going to get in some yoga because my body has been really missing it.

Take care everyone...have a lovely day.

FullSteamAhead 09-19-2007 12:45 PM

Hi ladies, good to hear from you all.

Things have been very good eating wise the past several days, I have been so busy there virtually has been no time to think of food or eat too much. You know how I was saying that I realized with all this heavy cleaning and work I didn't get sore at all? Well I am still not sore but I am tireddddddddddd, lol. I'm feeling tired and I just want to take a break today, there are a few things I have to do but aside from that I am going to aim at resting up a bit.

Pigginpodgey, I am really not sure about the ratios and as you said it varies so much. The fat percentage seems about right to me and that varies a bit as well. I think the g uidelines are to cap it at 30 at most. As for the carb and protein ratio, there seems to be a pretty controversial issue in the health and diet feild. I personally tend to like a pretty high protein diet as it works well for me (protein revs up metabolism and burns fat) though I also work on getting my healthy carbs with veggies ( I really like brocolli) salads, fruits, etc. You may want to pose the question in the support forum, I have read and heard many posts regarding the carb/protein ration and ah.....a bit of a battle too! lol Everyone stands by their plan but it really does vary and certain ratios may work well for some and not for others. I a m sure you will get a variety of responses and help with this area should you chose to post there. That's great your keeping track and looking into these things, keep on trucking girl! :)

I have to run, I want to do the few things i have and hopefully get outdoors a bit after. Lekhika, I hear you! I have certain trigger foods that I am best to keep away from altogether! Hope your all having a great day ladies, catch you soon. :hug:

Dea 09-19-2007 01:56 PM

I read the advice on pasta....good info to have!!
I have really been trying to stay on-plan this week. I have joined the 'biggest losers' challenge thread...and being a part of the team is a great motivator! I am going to have to be careful tonight....Chinese food at my oldest daughters request for her 14th B-day.
I bought the 'Biggest Losers' work-out DVD yesterday (30 min bike ride to the mall!!) It is a tough work-out. It's different than Turbo Jam....less 'dancey' moves...but I really like it so far. I am interested to see how effective it is!
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!! The weather here has been summer-like again!!

JasonsLea 09-19-2007 04:09 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm thinking of trying yoga again. Still waiting *impatiently* to see if Spirit Halloween will call me. I put the app in only last week but I wanna start NOW! Sarah says its lots of fun and I need MONEY!

So I have to get my stepfather a really nice gift this year! He has been taking care of me since mama's gone. We went to the car part place today and he got me the much needed windshield wiper arm, headlight bulb, and the little button thing that rolls up my windows. Tomorrow we're going to get a door handle so I can stop reaching across the seat to open the passenger door! And he fixed my power steering so all I need to get is some fluid and I'm set! Plus he brought me lunch AND put VERY much needed gas in my car! YAY stepdaddy!

kappy 09-19-2007 04:13 PM

Hey all! Hope it's a great day so far for everybody.

Pigginpodgey, regarding the question about food percentages . . . for such a simple question that I swear I've seen printed, diagramed, explained at least 50 different ways I'll be danged if I can find anything on it today. I'll keep looking, if I find it before anyone else posts the answer I'll let you know. You have me intrigued now!

Lekhika, I think we could start our own subgroup of bacon addicts. Something so small and soooo dangerous! I won't even be hungry but the second I smell bacon all bets are off and get out of my way! Resistance is futile, I simply cannot resist when tempted.

Some of you may recall I've previously mentioned this strange thing I have going on with the scale. It doesn't budge for a full week, then up 2.2 lbs, down 2 lbs, now down another 3.3 lbs. (Good news is the gain was because of the changed medication and water, I'm now wearing out the carpet between my cube and the restroom!) Don't get me wrong, I'll sure as heck take the downs but I'm really more interested in my slower but steadier 7 day running average. Unlike many of you I simply cannot weigh only once a week and stay on track, I have to have that stupid number and the 7 day average to stay focused and postive. My question is does anybody else have this issue with losing in chunks and blocks instead of a slow but somewhat steady drip? Somehow chunks and blocks are less real, more fleeting than slow and steady. I'm waiting for the water to decide to stick around again and then there goes the progress!

Dea 09-19-2007 04:18 PM

***should I have not mentioned 'bacon' a couple of days ago??*** I seemed to have awakened something in a couple of ladies that should maybe have stayed asleep! Sorry ladies!!!

seasoning 09-19-2007 05:11 PM

Did somebody say bacon? Now I can't stop thinking about it! We could form our own 12-step group here, ladies.

Dea 09-20-2007 01:17 PM

I ate a bit too much at dinner last night.....Chinese buffet for my daughter's 14th B-day, so hopefully it won't affect the scales too much. I'm trying not to look until Monday!! We are having cheesecake for desert tonight as we didn't have time after the restaraunt last night. I have decided to have a piece, but only a very little one.
Kappy...I sometimes loose in blocks too. I might loose 3 lbs one week, and then nothing for a couple of weeks....very frustrating!! My exercise stays fairly consistant, so I always just assume it has to do with my diet more than anything else.
hope everyone's having a good week

Lekhika 09-20-2007 02:52 PM

It was Grocery circular day and we had the circulars from all our local grocery stores delivered yesterday and all my eyes kept coming to rest on were the bacon specials....THank god I KNOW that's a trigger....

I've been feeling pretty good, doing crunches and trying to remain active despite the treadmill gathering dust this month. The eating has been really REALLY good this week and I feel on program!

nosnah1011 09-21-2007 09:07 AM

Good Morning! Happy Friday everyone... 9 days left! let's make 'em count!

seasoning 09-21-2007 01:20 PM

9 days is right, nosnah! I'm on track to lose some more this week, we'll find out how much on Sunday. I haven't dropped a size yet, but my tight jeans are comfortable now and I don't have to undo the top button. I'm going to a wedding in two weeks and I'm tempted to go shopping today for something to wear. I'm wondering if I should wait, though, to see if I drop some more in between. I don't suppose it would make that much difference. Still, it would be nice to get a smaller size!

Dea 09-21-2007 02:40 PM

fitting into smaller clothes is an amazing feeling!!!
I bought a pair of capris during the summer...they were too tight when I bought them, but now they fit perfectly. Also...having clothes that are now too big is a good feeling too.! Way to go Seasoning!!

JasonsLea 09-21-2007 05:44 PM

Wow this month went by fast! I forgot where I started but I don't care. All I care about is getting back in the groove of exercising again.

Dea 09-21-2007 07:57 PM

Sounds like a step in the right direction Shari!!

I think I may actually have another couple of lbs off this week. I don't think I will make my 9 lbs goal (again), but that's okay....I still weigh less than I did at the beginning of the month!

JasonsLea 09-22-2007 09:16 AM

I am about to go madass on my stupid mattress! I have a had terrible backache for the last two days and I wanna cry! I can barely turn my head. I really wanted to go to BodyJam today. :cry: