3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge, Eighth and FINAL WEEK! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/121374-w-o-w-labor-day-challenge-eighth-final-week.html)

NurseMichelle 08-27-2007 01:57 PM

W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge, Eighth and FINAL WEEK!

HERE WE GOOOOOOOO!!! Last week for the challenge! Are you going to make it? I gotta BRAG~ I lost THREE pounds this week! Next week I should DEFINITELY see 22_ !

Tough weekend at work this weekend. But at least some of the drama has died down. Of course thanks to SOME of US who took on extra work while others could work less. But I digress.

So...one more week. Did we vote on our next challenge or shall I just throw out an invitation for say...a Halloween challenge? How many weeks between Labor Day and Halloween? about eight?

Tonight is Meet Robert's Teacher Night at school. Get myself to the gym, clean up, get kids from daycare, make dinner, get to the school. Robert goes to the dentist tomorrow morning and we might get in some shopping for school clothes and BACK TO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY! I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how. LOL

Should be at the gym. Boring post today? LOL Love to all...xoxooxox Michelle

aud 08-27-2007 02:05 PM

Hiya Nchellie!!:hug: Tx for starting us uuuup for LAST WEEK OF WEEEEEEED!:carrot:

I w/i officially tonight and hope to destroy some more of this FAT!!! Really gonna kick it up this week - have been so Off Schedule with the vacay & all . . . totally hitting that gym and WalkWalk Walking!!

I voted for Halloween at the end of Last Week's Chat . . . also was sad to see Our Clykkie so down at the end of the Thread!:(

It's a new WEED WEEK GF!:hug: We need freeqeeG in here to Do This!!!:D

W: More is better!

E: Staying OP!

E: We joined the Y!!!!:carrot:

D: Just. Do. It.

glitterlicious 08-27-2007 02:54 PM

wow....I cant believe its the last week already...

I'm definetly in for a Halloween challenge. It'll help me on my goal of fitting into a cute costume this year...I want to look amazing.

I'm also going to do the biggest loser...is anyone else thinking about joining?

musictchr 08-27-2007 07:07 PM

I'm really awful at waiting until Monday to weigh myself. I'm one of those people that can't walk past the scale each AM without stepping on. Thank goodness it's been very kind to me lately. :goodscale I lost 4 lbs this week, all at the beginning. Had another brownie sundae this weekend, but kept up the walking and good eating the rest of the time, so was able to stay the same weight. If I can't make the final 2 pounds to my mini-goal, something's drastically wrong!

Glad things have calmed down at work, michelle. And sending Robert off to school each day must warm the cockles of your heart! (Boy, is that a grandma saying, or what?!) Our school doesn't start until next week, but I'll be going in quite a bit this week in preparation.

glitter - Is there a Biggest Loser thread, or is this something you cooked up? It's definitely something that I'd like to check out. As I've told you all before, I'm hooked on the reruns of the program - I watch while I'm on the treadmill.

aud - Putting all of your energy into the final push, huh? It's never too late! I'm with you on going for Halloween, then Thanksgiving. I actually would like to be at or near a total of 80 lbs by the time I go to the dr. the week after Thanksgiving, so these little challenges will be great!

Tomorrow's WEED:
W: 6 glasses
E: AM smoothie, lunch salad, dinner rice & pink lentils, fruit for snacks
E: 40 minutes on treadmill
D: school in AM, afternoon by the pool, teach piano lessons

JasonsLea 08-27-2007 08:19 PM

Hey everyone! I'm all for a Halloween challenge too! Congrats Michelle!

jcatron243 08-27-2007 08:43 PM

Halloween is fine by me!

I cant believe this challenge has gone by so fast. Of course I am still holding at 160 (although I have seen a 159) my great back to the gym weekend was spoiled by a maintainence shut down but hey I went, just couldn't get in. I have been working out a bit at home, stretches and pilates for about 20 minutes a day. DH really wants me back at the gym and is being so supportive. I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to get it in right. Hopefully 3rd times a charm for the chiropractor.

OOO I got a new tattoo this weekend! It was for my 6th wedding anniversary, its a dragonfly sitting on some vines, on my lower back. It turned out beautiful! (my 6th one in case you are wondering). Everyone have a great day I hope to post a small loss by labor day!!!

Clykk 08-27-2007 10:20 PM

TOM is in the building!

w/i - up two pounds. TOM showed up this morning for the w/i. Do I blame the 2 pounds on him for hopping on the scale with me or on me for bringing many extra calories into the race this past 3 weeks? Hmm! I guess one week will reveal the truth.

I am so PROUD of all of you who are mere pounds away from your goal! GOOD ON YA!! Keep going!!! I'll catch up eventually.

Halloween challenge sounds good.

aud 08-28-2007 04:50 AM

w00t!:carrot: Had another LC w00000shhhh of Fat B Gone! Just UNREAL! Gotta remember this excited feeling when I hit the inevitable wall/plateau but feeling good to be 6# past goal!!:o

I'm glad the work drama calmed down too, nchelle . . . still going strong at the Peyton Place I work at! So glad I'm not dealing with it negatively anymore (read: cramming my face full!)

I'm bushed so ttyal . . . APB's being sent out for holyT & all of our WEED'ers!:cool:

Holyteror 08-28-2007 08:58 AM

i'm here, just slow.......been getting my craft room organized and my desk cleared off so i can use it for school stuff. i start school today :) haven't even bothered to WI since TOM's on the way. I won't come close to making my goal but.........I did exercise at least 5 times a week this go around. that's better than nothing i hope. I've gotta run, i'll send out personals etc later on..........

glitterlicious 08-28-2007 10:32 AM

You can find the link the the biggest loser thread here

I cant wait for it to start up :)

aud 08-28-2007 04:04 PM

Glad you're sounding a bit better clykkie!:hug: Just keep remembering that we're going forward even if its tinier steps at times!!:)

Bet you had an AWESOME day returning to school, holyT!:)

Everyone needs to check out PlayGlitterlishMate's Costume in the Halloweed Invitation Thread!:o Yowzerws!;)

Gonna check out the Biggest Loser Link when I get home in the Wee Hours . . . ttyal!

W: 64oz +

E: Already went to the Y and tried out a machine that I can't remember the name of but SURE DO feel it in my Buttomas Maximus already!!! Think it was a "Cross Balancer??":?: Circuit Weights Tonight and walkwalkwalk!

D: Accepting the things I CANNOT change at work!

Holyteror 08-29-2007 08:58 AM

oh boy ladies....

i left work early to get a few errands completed before i could get home and get set up with school. sign downtown said it was 104 outside.

I get home, and the power failed. we had no flippin air for about an hour and a half. i couldn't sign on to school. called my enrollment counselor, told him what was going on, etc. i'll do the walk thru with him this afternoon.

it was hot. no breeze, no a/c...no nothin. i might've sweat off a few pounds though LOL

halloween sounds great. what are we doing again? ROFL

gotta run and get in the shower and get ready for work. i'm so tired though, couldn't get comfy, couldn't sleep, too hot :(

so have a super day and stay cool!!!!

Clykk 08-29-2007 10:47 AM

aud:bravo::cp::cp::cp::cheer::broc::broc::congrat:

I can't remember where everyone started weight wise. Let's be sure to post the change in weight on the last weigh in, OK? Something like what weight were you when you started the challenge. What was your goal. And what weight are you at the end of the challenge.

I am assuming Aud that you are 6# past the Labour Day Challenge goal? If so, are you the first to meet (and exceed) your goal? If so, CONGRATS!!!

I ran for 20 minutes straight today. I just finished the 5th week of the c25k. It was an easy run. YEAH for me!!:whoo:

W - 8
E - Run
E - OP
D - I have a steady routine of exercise and water intake. This is a great change in my lifestyle!

aud 08-29-2007 12:49 PM

Tx for the emoticon jolt, clykkie!:hug: And a :carrot: to you on your run! Can't imagine running even ONE minute at this point - sounds like an awesome program - one that I definitely am going to look into when I get to a more "doable" running size!

Had a run in with some pbj & graham crackers in the Wee . . . gosh they were good!:D Gonna keep up my new trend of just Keep On Keeping On when I stray OFFPlan - and keep getting my WEED-On:

W: 64oz +

E: Continue

E: Back OP

D: Had a treat - so what? You're doing great auddie ole girl!:hug:

NurseMichelle 08-29-2007 02:35 PM

:DG'Mornin my WEEDies. I should be at the gym but I am NOT feeling it. <WARNING excuses ahead!> Today was Robert's first day of 2nd grade (!) and I worked last night, got him to school (the bus whizzed right by us? HELLO!?) and got home so tired I fell asleep in the recliner instead of going up to bed and now I'm still tired, and my neck is all wonky. Plus I only have like 15 pages left of the 5th Harry Potter and would like to finish it and pick up the next one today. But I'll go, I PROMISE, after dinner. I think I'll just wake up now with my girls and a cuppa coffee.

Audie you are BLOWING US AWAY! Way to go blasting your goal out of the water! You are AWESOME! :carrot:

Clykky, really now. Easy running?!? Isn't that an oxymoron? GOOD FOR YOU! I love, love, love, that even if you don't feel like you're completely on plan, that you're still running! And you know how the rest of us feel about running. LOL That's so great. And ahem, Audie, you DO NOT have to "wait until you are a reasonable size" to start running! Of course,all my jiggle doesn't run, but I've seen some big people running.

Glitter!!! I see you, buried under all those schoolbooks over there! Is Amy under there too!? How's the first week of classes? When's your first test? Oh and I have done TBL a while ago (I was on a winning red team) I gotta tell ya, though, if I go into too many challenges, I either burn myself out or just don't commit enough to one of them. I'm usually a hit-or-miss poster anyways, let alone trying to keep up. I know, I know, what a whiner. I'm more of a lurker and a WEED girl. I get though, that you can never get enough support. Good luck to those of you all who do it though! I'll peek over there and watch how you do!

Amy, have I toldja lately how PROUD I am of you~getting this back to school thing together at what seemed like the LAST minute and look at you now! IN CLASS! Yeah baby! :book2: <---new emoticon just for YOU! Maybe you'll find weight loss easier in a way, you'll be really structured, in a routine, and you won't get bored enough to cheat or do the mindless eating thing. Whatta gal! OMG our A/c went out a couple of nights ago too, apparently the filter needed changed and there was actual ICE on the unit and on the thing outside. Luckily, the evening was cooler (DH said it was still too hot but I was okay) and we got it fixed that day, changed the filter and waited for the ice to melt, LOL. I love that smell your house gets opening the windows, but not when it's so hot and muggy. And I can't imagine living where you do without AC! Ohio at least can get cool enough!

GRAMMPAULA, where are you?! Freckles!? Freequegirl??? RowdyBliss(SUZ!)??

Musictchr! So lucky you have another week before school starts! I can't wait to hear after your first day, all the compliments and fusses you're going to encounter! You are going to feel so great! You're doing awesome! And I'm right there with ya, weighing in every day. It's frustrating but it helps me be aware of the sodium/salt I take in and how it affects my daily weights. So nothin wrong with that, if you can handle a little fluctuation, eh? I'm afraid of how I'll feel floating around 198-202 lol, ONederland, OutofONederLand. It'll be a harrowing time, won't it.

Jen----hey girlie, I saw you pop in there! Glad to hear you've been exercising~ how frustrating the gym being closed for maintanence that ONE weekend. Of course, to me that would've been McDonalds time (LOL just kiddin!) but good for you! I keep thinking that now it's getting cooler maybe I should try this whole c25k thing, and take the running to an OUTDOOR track. I didn't know you hurt your back! When I worked at the factory (did I tell you guys I spent two summers as a WELDER while in nursing school? People think that's hilarious!) my back hurt all the time, we wore those industrial back support belt things that look like abdominal binders with criss cross backstraps. I loved my visits with the chiropractor though, except for the cracking part. Good luck with that, though, I'm always nervous messing around with a bad back. Luckily, losing weight and getting stronger has helped and I don't have any pain anymore. I LOVED those Heat patches 12 hr of heat but I'd get too warm to sleep or work in them, but they felt so GOOD. AND I didn't know you were a tattoo mama! Your newest ink sounds cool! I SO SO SO SO SO want a tat, but just want it to be so perfect, so unique, and I am a bit afraid of the pain, but I'll do it! Maybe when I hit Onederland or some equally important goal.

OMG I'm tired. Anyone I missed? I'm sorry! I am missing some of our friends though! Off to finish HP:witch: