3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #16

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

I owe you all a huge thank you. Your support and encouragement has been fantastic this summer. You've all been so welcoming that I'm looking forward to the Halloween Challenge.

I made it!! I reached my Labor Day goal at this AM's weigh in. Total of 50 lbs gone since May 15. That's only about 25% of my big goal, but I cannot describe how great I feel. I'm such a wuss - I'm actually crying as I type this, so you'll have to forgive any typos. For the first time in over 15 years, I feel like I have some control over myself and my body. I realize that there's still a long way to go, but I really feel as if this is do-able.

Here's the 2nd part - I had to go to school today to start preparations for next week, and had a TON of compliments. I guess what they say about 50 lbs being the "noticeable point" is true when you start out at 300+. In a really selfish way, I can't wait to go back on Tuesday, when everyone's there, to hear more!

aud - A huge WTG on being past your goal!!

clykk - Great idea about everyone posting their starting and finishing point. I can't remember everyone's either.

My Labor Day Challenge starting weight was 350 - as of today, I'm 330!!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #17
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Michelle,
Thanx so much for the support. Sometimes it's hard to get that around here. *someone's* still panicked that my degree won't pay for itself...makes it real hard on top of all the mess he leaves for me to take care of after i get off work *sighs* No wonder i don't lose weight. I can at least say I have been getting exercise in at least 5 days a week since mid july.

It's 8:30 and 94 degrees inside my house. Landlord's too cheap to put in AC.

Let's talk about goals ladies. My coworkers and I committed to participating in the summer slim down contest at work. I have one in my department who's been losing the weight, exercising, eating right. She's the one i go workout with.

It was recently requested by the majority of the participants to extend the contest for another month. None of them have been working to achieve the weightloss/inchloss for the end of the contest. The majority vote won. I'm frustrated, if they didn't work hard for 3 months to win the prize money, what makes them think they deserve another month? What about those of us who *have* been working out and eating right? My coworker and I are the only ones who don't want to extend the contest. I just have a feeling these people who haven't been doing anything useful may end up using whatever diet pills or stupid stuff like that to try and drop the weight to win. Or you know how sometimes you start a new diet plan and lose the weight real quick at first? That's what worries me. I just don't think it's right.

It's been a long day. I couldn't sleep last night from the heat....DH needs to be hosed off outside before he goes to bed.....

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 AM   #18
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Michelle, I didn't actually hurt my back at work. I went to a water park and went down a water slide, but I DID NOT SLIDE, I FELL! it had a big big drop! anyhow I suffered for a week and no over the counter pain meds helped. Now I am better. I will try to post a pic of my Tat if I can get a decent one.

Took Makie to the Doc today, thinking she had a UTI, but good news, NOTHING! DH the kids and I just spent the day together after that!!!

W not quite my 80 oz but close
E walking, stretching,
E not too bad!
D just to be with my family!

Tomorrow,
W 80 oz
E 45 minutes of gym time
E 1300 cals
D get to the gym, pick up the house, soak in some sun, get to bed on time eat right, drink right,. . . . .
Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #19
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Checkin' In

musictchr - Crying over the realization of the hard work you put in to reduce 50 pounds from your frame, does not make you a wuss!! It is a HUGE victory. You know how the athletes in the Olympics cry when they come in first place? I see your victory the same way. It is not an easy thing that you have done. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

W - 8
E - Rest - I woke up with a sore throat!
E - Fruit till noon
- Carrot juice and a veggie wrap for lunch
- Hamburger without the bun, salad and steamed veggies for dinner.
- Fruit for snacks
D - Let's make this an OP day!!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #20

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Cool Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!

HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!! LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER CHANCE, THIS LABOR CHALLENGE SURE DIDNT GO AS I HAD HOPED. IVE BEEN SICK FOR THREE DAYS I WAS SO SICK THE FIRST DAY I LOST 7 POUNDS IN JUST THAT DAY. SO SCARY. SO I WAS ACTUALLY TRYING TO GAIN WEIGHT THIS WEEK. HA HA IM PRETTY MUCH FINISHING OUT THE CHALLENGE ALMOST WHERE I STARTED . BUT I DID ACCOMPLISH SOME GREAT THINGS , AND A LOT OF THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP. I ACTUALLY DRINK WATER !!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT LOST A LOT OF POUNDAGE I DO FEEL LESS SAGGY COMPARED TO THE FIRST PICTURE I HAD POSTED. ALSO I GO TO THE GYM ALMOST EVERYDAY. THOSE ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE MORE THEN I COULD HAVE ASKED FOR . THIS HALLOWEEN THING IS GOING TO BE A SINCHE WITH THOSE TASKS OUT OF THE WAY. MAYBE ILL BE JASMINE FROM ALADIN IF I CAN JUST TIGHTEN THIS TUMMY UP. MUCH LOVE TO ALL , AND THANK YOUS!!! AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!NOW LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST DAY OF CHALLENGE

TODAY, NOT MUCH BUT HEY ITS A LITTLE SOMETHING

GOAL WEIGHT

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry...-A.H
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #21
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! Hows it going? Rainy Thursday here. DH has a nice trip tonight. His company is letting them off work at 1:00, giving them a picnic lunch and BEER (of all things!) then onto a tour bus (more BEER) then up to a Cleveland Indians baseball game, where they're each allotted two draft beers (they're big!) So lucky him! And lucky me, easy night tonight, just me and the kidders. Maybe we'll get pizza. JUST KIDDIN.

Freeque, I tell ya, I CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE. You've taken INCHES off your waist! It's so obvious! If you feel frustrated LOOK AT THESE PICS! Whatta change! In only a few weeks! Keep up the hard work, and make sure you set a new goal for the Halloween challenge.

Clykky, hope the sore throat is better.

WEED
W- 3-4 liters
E- can't get to the gym, no DH to watch the kids
E- JUST OP, no cheating just because no DH LOL
D- Enjoy my night off work, get the house clean, maybe board games with the kids.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #22
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hey everyone...I had a little too much fun last night but I'm still here.

W- Lots...due to a hangover. Lol.
E- Trying to stay OP with Slim Fast Optima, but I don't really have an appetite for anything today
E- 2 hours volleyball practice
D- Last night was fun, today I'll recover, and then it's back tothe old routine.

Mini-goal #1: Pre-Florida weight by end of March
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #23
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

IA with chelle, frequeeG . . . your waist is definitely DEFINED now - plus tum looks flatter! Ahhh . . . to be young again . . . beautiful skin . . . plus could party like it's 19glitter99!!

As it is . . . I'm old . . . sick as a proverbial dog and on my way to work after leaving early last nite with this ICCCCKKK bug I've got . . . stopped at Urgent Care and got amoxicillin and indulged in some comfort eating which pi$$es me off to no end today.

Tx for the kind words musicT! Not to mention the darling array of emoticons!!! LOVE 'em! Hope I've inspired you as you & all WEED'ers have inspired me.

Now must correct the faulty thinking damage with a hit O'WEED:

W: Stay hydrated

E: OP soups

E: Walk - but don't overdo

D: Be kind and nurture sick self w/o thinking of junk food as a "reward," auddie!

Atkins Labor Day Challenge>>B: 46.5" W: 41" H: 52" A: 14" L: 24"
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #24
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

DH has just informed me that unless something comes up at the end of the enlistment he's about to sign in november...we will be a USAF family for another 10 years. You guys have no idea what it's like to not be the typical military wife. I am VERY upset about this.

I'm glad I'm going to school now. I'll have to find a better job while waiting on him....AGAIN!

on a better note, you girls are doing great. Free you look awesome They are officially moving the date of the final to the slim down challenge. It's been extended to mid October I guess. Maybe i can get up off my butt and do more work. We discussed it with the lady who's running it today. She said that it was obvious no one else has been working at it, and if she had to announce the winners it would be me and my coworker.

So now's our chance to really put the work into it, and really make a difference.

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #25
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone....3 days until labor day...are you ready for it??? I was 2.5 pounds away from my goal weight of 205 for the challenge, so I should hopefully reach that at my next weigh in on Sunday.

And I definetly can't wait until the Halloween challenge...where I'll hopefully move from being overweight to my normal weight range and even closer to my final goal.

W- 8-10 glasses. I've been slacking in the H2O department later with being busy for classes and such so today i will make an extra effort to drink up.
E- Volleyball Tournament (2 matches)
E- Slim Fast Optima diet
D- My actions in the next couple of days will have a direct impact on my ability to reach my goal or not...and I am going to make it. I'd hate to fall a couple pounds short due to laziness.

Mini-goal #1: Pre-Florida weight by end of March
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #26
Living Light

Day two with this sore throat/cold. No exercise for me. I like to rest my body when it is sick.

I had a pretty OP day yesterday except for the bowl of oreo cookie ice cream. I'm proud of myself for doing as good as I did.

Today, I eat fruit until dinner and then pork chops, potatoes and steamed veggies for dinner.

A little behind on my water intake today. Time to catch up!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #27

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

My god, glitter - YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!! I loooove your new picture! Thinking back to the first picture I saw of you, what makes the most impact is the obvious change in attitude. I could tell at the beginning of the challenge that you were kind of uncomfortable with your picture. In your updated picture you've become quite the diva, and deservedly so! Congratulations on your progress.

freeq - By looking at your pictures, I'd guess a huge loss of pounds. You must be really feeling it in your clothes, if not seeing a difference on the scale. Your tummy's nearly flat! I love that you have the courage to take a picture without layers covering everything. Good for you!

aud - I hope you're feeling better. And yes, you have inspired me. When I posted the last time, I was having trouble putting everything into words, and didn't include all I wanted. Just know that I've gotten to the point where I talk to my friends about all of you as if you are my "face to face" friends. It's kind of creepy, actually! They think I'm a little off center about it.

clykk - Thanks for understanding my emotional outburst. It really does take someone who's gone through something similar to understand. Hope you're feeling better soon - is it something in the water around here?

holyt - You must be glad that you made the decision to go to school. You've shown your strength by making it this far, so I'm sure you'll survive the next enlistment. Keep up the good work with your weight loss - show those procrastinaters at work that they can extend the date all they want - you'll still kick their #[email protected]

nursie - Nice trip for DH - and he didn't even invite you? Have fun with the kids - one last bit of down time before the official end of summer. I saw your thread about the Hallowwwn challenge - I'm going right now to reply!

W - 5 glasses
E - 40 min treadmill
E - lunch salad, dinner veggie stir fry
D - Sort through "fat clothes" and figure out what I can still use for school
Old 08-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #28
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I'm still sick too clykkie. The Doc called it a "Back To School" thing . . . some of the folks at work who have it went into bronchitis & two went on into pneumonia so I'm taking mega amoxicillin. Came home early again last nite and DID gets lots & lots of rest/good sleep - ready to return to The Land Of The Living - will have the same WEED/goals as yesterday.

Hang in there HolyT! Sucks about the Fitness Challenge catering to those who didn't even make an effort - IA with MusicT that'll be good incentive for you to Kick Their Azzez . . . again!

I have a really good friend at work & we used to virtually BLOG each other DAILY about the goings on/work drama/life drama etc . . . now I spend my computer time here @ 3fc she's feeling neglected - but I just had to tell her this is soooo much healthier for me, ya know? That I feel close to my cyber friends that are on the same quest . . . I bet the look she gave me is similar to your friends reaction Music! I think she thinks I'm some kind of Chat Room Freak now or something! You mentioned going thru clothes . . . I've sort of promised myself that THIS TIME - as I go thru the literally 7 SIZES in my closet - the largest are going to be THROWN or GIVEN AWAY! What say you?

nChelle: During my sick time - I've finished HP 1/2 Blood Prince (GREAT READ!) and 1/4 way thru Deathly Hallows - soooo sad that its ending . . . I truly see what all the fuss was about all this time!

Atkins Labor Day Challenge>>B: 46.5" W: 41" H: 52" A: 14" L: 24"
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 PM   #29
Calorie Counter

Hi gals, well I doubt I will post any loss (again) on this challenge, but I am okay with that. I am getting back on track with my exercise and I will keep it up and follow through for the next challenge. I hope to post some sort of a loss.

I did make it back to the gym!!!!! 2 days in a row. I even did pilates before work this morning. (it would have been funny to anyone else, I was doing pilates at 2am) I got in 2 good cardio workouts, 30 minutes each I cant wait until I can work my way back up to 60 minutes. I hope you all have a great labor day weekend! I'll try to check in on monday!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #30
Living Light

Thumbs down Disappointed and frustrated

I wish I could be as OK about not losing weight as you are, jcatron243. I was at the doctor's yesterday and stepped on the scale. The same scale that let me move my ticker to 154 with confidence. I am officially up 2 pounds to 156, so I will change my ticker. That means, I have lost 1 pound this challenge. Boy, this weight loss takes VIGILANCE! I am frustrated, I have to say. Not because I don't understand what I have to do, but because I am pretty doubtful I can change as much as I need to over the long haul.

I will input my WEED program, but the way I feel right now, I doubt I will follow through. Nice start, eh?

W - 8
E - Still sick. Rest
E - Fruit till noon.
- Avotillas for lunch
- V8, Soup, bread and coleslaw
D - Can't think of anything inspiring to say.