Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #1  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Labour Day Challenge Week Four Thread!!!!

Good news! My w/i today revealed a one pound drop!!

I celebrated by having a Chai latte after my yoga class this morning. What a nice treat. I did not have one all week, so I felt it was a suitable reward. I have decided to keep it as a mini reward for each drop at w/i time. So, no more until then.

glitterlicious RIGHT ON!!! Two goals in one! How do you plan on celebrating?!

W - 9
E - OP
E - Yoga
D - Great work on drinking 64oz of water per day and cutting out the Chai Lattes!!!! Now, move on to cutting out the chewy bars.

Last edited by Clykk; 07-30-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #2  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Clykk- Congrats on the one-pound loss! I've never really thought about how I should celebrate. I don't really have the money to treat myself to much at the moment. Next weekend will be a treat though because a friend is coming to visit from out of town and it's gonna be a fun weekend. Maybe a campout and party and going to the beach and not feeling so whale-like in a swimsuit anymore. Lol.

W - 10, maybe more due to basketball tonight
E - Slim Fast Optima diet
E - 30-40 min of full court basketball (it's the playoffs, wish us luck! )
D - Gotta keep on going strong in my quest for one-derland.

Progress pics will be posted tonight in the mini-goal album hopefully. Can't wait to share them. I put them side by side and I can see a slight difference. Not too much, but somethings definitely happening.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals!!! I'm thinking of switching my WI day to Fridays again. I saw 234 on Friday morning, but was lax with my eating (still exercised though!) and then saw 236 again this morning. I'd rather be showing 234 on the ticker. But still.

Did I tell you guys why I'm SO motivated to win the contest at my gym (Aug-Sept 1st)??? Guess what first prize is?!?!? A pair of REAL running shoes from a REAL running store! Is that not a SIGN or what! Well not too shabby but second prize is an hr long massage and third is a big duffel bag full of "stuff" I don't know what all. BUT I want those shoes!

Yes so why I was so lax with my eating on the weekend. Saturday was ok, I slept all day and woke up to a bowl of Fiber One then the gym, when I got home we went to the Balloon Festival (Oh, around here this is the fun time, Football Hall Of Fame Week, parades, hot air ballooon festival, the ribs burn off, the enshrinement, the HOF game, all this excitement) and we walked around FOREVER, it was very hilly so a good workout but of course we ate food at the carnival type booths, sausage/pepper sandwiches and fries...LOL, but really that then a snack at home that night, we did okay.

Sunday morning DH woke up early and snuck downstairs and made us breakfast, sweet gesture of course, but EGGS, BACON, MUFFINS, the works. I didn't have the heart not to eat it alll.....LOL I know, I know. Spent the day at the park (it was humid!) then the inlaws had us over for a BBQ---ribs and picnic fixins...oh well. (And of course dessert.) Oh and pepper the whole weekend with bud light and there you have it.

Yes, I think I will WI on Fridays.

Jeni----glad you're still with us. The trip to the aquarium sounds like a nice day with your family. I'm glad you have the right mindset, you may still weigh the same number but the clothing size has changed, then you're doing something right!! I used to wear a pedometer at work and we walked 7-10 miles a day in 12 hrs too! What a motivator! Of course, that was on day shift, I doubt I walk that much on nights. Still.

Glit!! You are my HERO~~ You are a motivated LOSING MACHINE! Not to mention you know I am LOVING that you're a runner I WISH I WAS U! I can't wait to see your pictures. I'm looking for some of my own older pics. What a surprise, when I weighed 296 I didn't let anyone take my picture. hm.

Holyteror, what a brave decision to go back to school! Good for you! I like the idea of online classes but I just don't think I'm disciplined enough to do it. I'd like to get my RN-BSN or even MSN but #1, its no different pay, and no different job, and #2, I just don't have the time or money with two small children and full time job, etc. So it probably wouldn't pay for me to do it. Plus I am STILL paying for my 4 yrs I already went to school. And I probably have another couple of years at that. I don't know why I insisted on going to that fancy private school, I was too snobby to go to state or community college. And here I am, nine years later, still paying my loans. LOL...anyways I hope you feel better soon! Summer colds are the worst, you're right! I'd reccommend Mucinex but I see that's what you're taking so, I guess we just have to wait it out. I hope it passes soon. Don't be pushing yourself too hard (exercise-wise) until you feel better.

Clykk, thanks for starting the new thread! WOW I didn't realize you were already on week 2, day 2 of c25k!!! You DO IT girl! And congrats on the LOSS! And yes, you DID deserve that chai latte, I'm proud of you for almost cutting it out completely.

Musictchr! You're on a ROLL! YOU'RE MELTING! I'm so proud of you! I like the ideas for your camping trip, yes, watermelon and other summer fruits sound like a winner! And yep, I'd pack a big salad, colorful with tons of crisp veggies and nice greens (in a cooler of course) Can you grill chicken breast over a campfire? (I'm a pretty inexperienced camper) Hiking and walking should be exercise, in fact, hillier than your treadmill. Or just a little R&R, work really hard all this week and relax this weekend.

Paula, I saw you pop in there real quick! Hey I thought of you when I read the newspaper this morning, there was an article about the Red Hat Ladies at the junior parade this weekend. They did look splendiforous (?) with these frilly red and purple umbrellas! Were you in Canton this weekend? Do you come down for any of the Hall of Fame activities? Do you go to the big parade? (it's this saturday morning), if you do, let me know!!! We used to live TWO blocks from the parade route but now we've moved but still park in my dad's driveway and go.

Well some short errands to run this afternoon, one of which is stop at the library for Harry Potter Book 3...! I am so into these books right now!

W- TONS, all day today and all night tonight
E- B: fiber one/skim milk, banana, L: Subway or a big veggie salad D: pork chops on the grill/ boneless/ trimmed of all fat, roasted red potatoes, broccoli, and leftovers for dinner tonight at work. Snack- apple?
E- Maybe none today, have the kids all day, must rest for work, but I'll try to squeeze in a video? I liked my WATP video. Not too hard for an uncoordinated oaf like me.
D- Hmmm.....WEE, spend time with kids, read? clean house? laundry? ironing?

Love to you all! thanks for keeping me motivated! xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Jeni- Boy girl you are working yourself to death. I'm glad you took the weekend off to enjoy yourself with the family.

Carolyn- : WOOHOO another pound gone. Keep up the good work.

Michelle- You are so funny. Sounds like changing your weigh-in day might be a good idea. I hated going to WW and weighing in on Monday after a weekend of cheating.
No I'm not marching the Red Hat parade. I can't even get the ladies to walk in our local parades. An I've never been to the Hall of Fame. I am not into sports and have no desire to see it. The hot air balloons sound nice though and I could really go for some funnel cake and fresh squeezed lemonade at the fair. I guess it's a good thing we live 30 minutes from Canton.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #5  

I'm head to dinner for my sister-in-laws birthday. He's an article that appeared in our paper a couple weeks ago about her and my mother-in-law. Jill is a very special girl.
http://www.realcities.com/mld/braden...n/17498360.htm Be sure and watch the videos too.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

ugh i tried today. ended up doing crunches the rest of the time...what a disaster LOl

i'm a bit busy at the moment, lemme get back to you soon!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #7  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default What a special family!

grammpaula Thank you for sharing a slice of your life with us. You must be one special gal yourself to have snagged such a great guy as your husband. What lovely in-laws to have! I am sure the birthday party was great fun!

NurseMichelle Come on, don't change your w/i date. Remember why you wanted to keep it. So, you could motivate yourself not to slip up so much on the weekend. So, you had one failed attempt this weekend. Don't give up! Maybe you'll do better next week-end.

Holyteror REST THAT BODY OF YOURS! And that's an order!!

I did real good today! I am pleased with myself. I was at a meeting today at a very small round table which was crammed full of JUNK food! Dark Chocolate Hershey Bars (already opened and out of the wrappers and even broken up for any of the 5 of us to eat. Just sitting in a bowl inches away from me!!!!!). I breathed in the smell of my FAVORITE chocolate for 1.5 hours and I did not eat any!!! But, it doesn't stop there. There was a jar of Planters Roasted Almonds, which one of the fellas actually put a couple on my paper in front of me, telling me they were good for me and to eat them. I politely declined, so he ate them. Then there was a bowl of little packages of trail mix which I also didn't eat. And finally there was another bowl of chocolate wafer cookies which...........I ALSO DID NOT EAT!!! I drank the water that was also supplied for the meeting. Do I rock or what!!!!!

And then, 2.5 hours later, I found myself in the ice cream parlour with my DS and DH after my DS's soccer game. AND I DID NOT HAVE ANY ICE CREAM WITH THEM!!!!!!!! What has gotten into me?! I must be high on weed or something!

Oh, and one more thing, I was at the doctor's today and had a chance to step on the scale there and I came in at 155 pounds! I am going to keep my ticker at 156 because my scale at home is saying that, but it felt good to know it was erring on the side of being too heavy, rather then the other way around.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 AM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

way to go clykk
Old 07-31-2007, 09:19 AM   #9  

Carolyn- on not eating the junk food at your meeting. I don't think I could have done it. I might have not been tempted by the dark chocolate, because I don't really like it. I like milk chococlate though. You sure do ROCK!!! WOW on the 155. Doctor scales almost always weigh heavier than home scales.

You are right that I am very lucky to have Ron as my hubby. That's why I've kept him around for 38 years.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #10  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

W - 8 glasses
E - Slim Fast Optima diet
E - 30 min cardio (week #7 workout 1 of c25k), 1 hour volleyball, resistance workout, ab workout
D - Every step I take today will all be worth it.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, trying to settle into the new job and all. Hopefully I will be getting my computer fixed within the next two weeks so I can be able to be online more often. So after TOM decided to show up last week, I've blown up about 4 lbs. No biggie. Ya, I said no biggie. Life has been hectic anyway and I can't sit here and say I've been OP. But I just turned 21 Sunday and this is a new start. I'm a big kid now and I got to get my **** together. August is officially Shari's month, yall. It's my month to get my WL plans back on track, get my bills in order, and treat myself because **** yeah I deserve it!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

w00t and an AMEN jasonslea! Can August be auddie's month too? Redidicating myself to taking care of ME FIRST 'cause not only do I deserve it . . . but so does my family and the folks who electedme to represent them! Tx for the inspirational words shari, - just what I needed to read right off the bat.

Tx also to you clykk, wishing I would have read them BEFORE I attended the wake. Very right-on (just like you KNEW ME better than those who supposedly really do "know me!") So even tho' I reacted in the same old historically negative cycle way . . . I've taken your advice to heart and thank you for it! Speaking of bubble baths - - gotta remember to keep pampering myself with the Creamy FROSTING BB from Avon - smells just like cake batter and sounds weird - but LOVE so much! Also speaking of historically negative cycles - - had a visit from the Bud Light Fairy here at our Cyber Parallel Life, N.Michelle! Sprinkled that malt/hops and yeast all over me Sunday!

I continue to be amazed by glitterlish!

I am hoping that our beloved musicT is having a BLAST camping and taking all the great eating/exercising advice she got!

I am also amazed and proud of returning to school holyt! My best friend is an administrator for Phoenix and I know its a great program!

So great to hear from jcat! Still a workaholic I see!

I got VERY sick yesterday - almost thought I had food poisoning until I got the fever. Now mainly just staying in the bathroom. Took my workaholic butt a night off last nite and thinking of taking yet another to rest - feel weak as the proverbial kitten.

Weighed Friday AND Monday and am stalled at 238 - no biggie - since I know exactly WHY!

My WEED will be to get completely better first and then gonna kick it up a notch! (Or two!)

ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #13  

bday2you: Shari. Yep, you're a big girl now.

Aud- Hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #14  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

WAAAAHHHH Rant time, bear with me!!! I AM NEVER GOING TO BE A RUNNER.

I tried that dern c25k garbage and couldn't get through the first one! SO easy to be so ambitious on paper, but in real life?! HAH. I didn't ONCE "jog" the whole 60 seconds and the 90 second walk didn't seem long enough to me. But I will admit I "jogged" for 30-45 seconds and I broke into the jog at least five times. Plus I'll tell ya, I decided to do this at the END of the workout (after 20 min cardio, UBWO and abs) so maybe I was tired? Of course I should have done c25k FIRST. But I discovered the ARC trainer and really like that workout. (So that's what I did first and my butt and legs were doing good by then)

So I'm frustrated but I'll be okay, no need for coddling, I need you gals to tell me to BUCK UP and get my butt back on it.

Plus I need a good bra and better shoes (thus, I am GOING to win this contest and WIN THOSE SHOES) ..... NEED a shower.

Personals later but THANK GOODNESS you're back my SHARI, Happy B-Day and let's get this thing GOING!

Love to all xxooxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

yay happy birrffffffday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i'm better now LOLOL

when the congestion's gone i'm on board with c25k......

work stinks and dh stinks and i'm nervous about starting school....honestly how marketable is a business managment degree? cuz that's the argument dh and i are having right now.

i'm over by 100 cals so far today. my popcorn snack didn't do it for me, i ate a priabar. i did workout today though....i worked out yesterday and today. if i have enough energy later i might try somethin else too. probably just abs. yesterday's workout ended up being 100 crunches and some weights. my abs are a little sore today but hey they're sore for a good reason

Nmichelle don't give up woman!!!!!!!