Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #181  

bdandy, it's most likely Tom, hang in there girl and good luck with the 31 or even sep. 1 weigh in.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #182  
move it

Whew! Made it. I weighed 149.2 today and that's good enough for me.

Lekhika, it the food you'll eat in India anything as good as they serve in Indian restaurants here? I just love the stuff. I'd have a hard time maintaining my weight if I had that around me all the time. I can see why you'd want to lose before you go.

FullSteam, I see you've started the September thread. I'll be over as soon as I figure out my goals for the month. Maybe it'll just be to lose another six pounds.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

If the fattest place on your body is your face I envy you! Maybe you are just one of those folks with a round face, in which case there is nothing you can do about it except accept it.

Good golly if the final weigh in for the month is tomorrow than I'm toast. Oh, well. Lesson learned, always try to figure out where TOM will be when joining a challenge! Like the Thanksgiving one I joined, and good old TOM will be right there at the finish line again.

I did do something incredibly anal yesterday . . . I graphed my weight for the month with a running 7 day average. I might not be able to see the weight loss (up here, down there, steady, back down, no up!), but that running average sure does show it all. So I'm staying focused and keeping on keeping on. I'll get there eventually!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #184  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

kappy
I wouldn't say that my face is the fattest thing on my body...I have jiggle to spare...but I feel like my face has lost the least now...after the initial santa clausyness roundness left that is. I know deep down that it will never be angled and mysterious...that my face is round...I have to deal with it....I just like to complain!

seasoning

It's funny you ask. The food served in Indian restaurants here and in England is largely North Indian fare. This is the same stuff we get when we "eat out" in India. My problem isn't with that....it's just that Indians eat a FULL lunch...I tend to eat a heavy breakfast, a lighter lunch and a super light almost snack like dinner. That's going to pretty much go out the window when I'm there...

Plus when you go to a relatives house...you're practically forced to eat...it's their quest in life to feed you.... Yeah..maybe I should think about losing 10 pounds so I can gain it?
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #185  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

With August winding down I am proud to report I met my goal of 9 pounds this month. I started the month at 202 so I had to be 193, and this morning I was 191.6. Congratulations to everyone on all the losses this month, even if you didn't get your entire goal it is still progress and that is awesome...off to September goals, see you all there!
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #186  
Christine's Mission

S/C/G: 178/152/135

Height: 5'6"

GREAT AUGUST EVERYONE!!!! Let's all have a great september too!
nosnah1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #187  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Well I don't know how I did it, but today I weighed in at 134. The scale was tossing and turning between 134/135 but settled on 134. I'll take it! Yesterday at work was insanely busy which resulted in me having to walk an additional 3k on top of my regular walks, and even though I was exhausted when I got home i still managed to push out my strength session. I lost a total of 9 pounds this month, which actually is my biggest monthly loss yet. Weird considering i'm so close to my goal, I guess adding more fiber/strength training and doing 6/7 days of cardio instead of 5 did the trick!

Tomorrow i'm going to try on a new pair of jeans and for the first time I'm rather excited! I'm currently wearing a size 7 with a belt(which is also on the last hole!) and can't wait to see what my newest size will be. Probably a 6! It's been a long time since i've seen that number (5 years, and even at that, the size 6 thing lasted a couple of months).

Everyone did a fantastic job this past month, congratulations to you all.

Kappy- I used to make those graphs, I found them very motivating for sure! I luck out that TOM always comes for me mid month so my initial and ending of the month weigh-ins are never ruined. But man that TOM week always gets me a weekly 'plateau'

Seasoning- congratulations on reaching your goal. That's awesome. I remember hitting 145-149 was when I started to get the most compliments on my weight loss. It's a good feeling!

Lekhika- Better to have a round face then a sunken in skeletal one! If it weren't for my obsession with sometimes cutting my hair short I think i'd absolutely love to have a round face. While you're having trouble with your round face, my flat butt is frustrating me to no avail, while I've gained a little lift I have succomb to the realisation that I am forever stuck with a flatass. Oh well!

Jordan- Congrats on the 9lbs! You and I both had the same weightloss this month. Doesn't it feel good? I was lifting my 8lb weights this morning and thought to myself "i lost more than this one weight in a month". It made me pretty happy I must admit. Can't wait to read how you do in september.

I hope you all have a tremendous labour day weekend, and those of you who are part of the labourday challenge, I can't wait to hear your final weigh ins on Monday! We're all doing so well and i'm so proud of all of us!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #188  

Hi girls : ) It's great to hear everyones news, congratulations to all of you on the losses! :c arrot:

Wishing you all a super weekend and a happy long labor day weekend to those of you celebrating. I'll be catching you all over in the other thread real soon.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #189  

Well, it looks like I will end August being 2 pounds down -- better luck next month!
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:57 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

I hear ya Lekhika, I'm a round face as well. Sometimes I really wish for a "real" jawline. Then again I also suffer from the infamous "flat butt" like Elegant Departure! I swear my parents got together, figured out which were the least desireable genes on both sides of the family and gave me the lot. Huge bones, short stature, thin hair, acne, round face and flat butt. I got it all God bless them!

For those of you who met your target, I'm jealous but congrats! I know you all worked hard for it.

I "officially" can only report a 0.4 loss for the blessed month. Not happy does not begin to describe it. However. It was what it was and we're moving on to September and the new goals/targets. Sooner or later I'll get it figured out and make real progress like the rest of you!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 AM   #191  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Well I took a chance and weighed today, even though the dreaded Aunt is in full fury, and I am still down a pound for the week...So 188.6 puts me only 1.6 pounds shy of goal of 187...And I am sure I will get another pound drop Tuesday or Wednesday after Auntie leaves me be!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

A pound loss for this month, not good but better than i thought so I will take it!! Need to concentrate next month, my goal for next month is 4lbs.

See you all in the September thread!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #193  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Final weigh-in for the month of August is 205, down 14 lbs for the month! And the war continues on.......off to September.
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:21 PM   #194  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

well....I met my August goal....on to September....and another goal!!

I find that as I loose, the weight seems to be harder to loose. Those last couple of pounds did not just drop off!!
congrats everyone on a really great month!! I can't believe it is September already....back to school, fall clothes (in smaller sizes this time), cooler mornings. I love autumn, but I am really going to miss the summer!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote