3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Challenge!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/113567-challenge.html)

tinamarie75 05-25-2007 11:59 PM

Challenge!!

:welcome: Everyone to our new Challenge group! This group is for those of us who need a little motivation and good old fashion competition to keep us pushing towards our goal of losing the weight and regaining our identities! We will have both weekly and monthly weightloss and exercise challenges so,jump on board and lets start kicking the fat monsters butt!!

Exercise challenge for 5/26-6/1

Walk 10 miles or exercise for 5 hours(exercise of your choice)

Weightloss Challenge for 5/26-6/1

lose 2 pounds

June exercise challenge

walk 50 total miles or 25 hours(exercise of your choice)

June weightloss challenge
Lose 12 lbs

We will vote at the end of each month for the next months challenges and we will award a trophy to our Biggest loser each month
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...475/trophy.jpg

wondersha 05-26-2007 02:03 AM

I am definitley in...it seems like a great idea and a fun way to motivate myself and others..

Question...about how far is one mile??? I have no idea..and so can't guess how far 10 miles is exactly..If it were in like blocks...or a time period I could figure it out..miles though..No clue.

thanks for any help with the Mile issue

shannon

hellokitty81668 05-26-2007 07:32 AM

Good luck to all the people who enter, I am going to have to pass on this one, I don't really walk for exercise, use the elliptical, maybe the next challange I will try.
To all those who join in, Go ! Go! Go!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

lisa2004ct 05-26-2007 08:33 AM

I'm up for a challenge, hoping it will keep me motivated. I'm really feeling good for my second week. :yes:

CyberGypsy 05-26-2007 09:21 AM

Not sure i want a Biggest Loser title....LOL

lynn23c 05-26-2007 09:28 AM

I'm in! This will keep me getting to Curves, and actually outside every once in a while!

For whoever asked how far a mile is, you have a couple of choices to determine it. One is to simply hop in your car and drive the route you want to walk. Another is to use a treadmill. A third is to use a pedometer, though I forget how many steps they say equals a mile. I'm sure it's on the 'net somewhere though.

And, I think maybe we should let people in who don't necessarily walk, but like the one poster who does the elliptical, she could know how many miles she goes. Obviously I know my mileage and use Curves for the bulk of it...

So maybe we take out the walk part and just say "go 10 miles"? I dunno...

Either way, I'm in!
Lynn

tinamarie75 05-26-2007 12:57 PM

Good morning girls and WELCOME!

tinamarie75 05-26-2007 12:59 PM

Hi girls! I changed our challenge so everyone can participate!

becoming wisdom 05-28-2007 05:28 AM

For shannon in B.C. or anyone else whose brain, car and maps all understand distances in Metric, 10 miles is 16 km. (- plus a few metres, but 16 is very close!)

wondersha 05-28-2007 10:43 AM

thank you very much.....lol

I am asking for a pedometer(sp?) for my birthday....so hopefully that will make my life a bit easier...

thanks again

sarah44 05-28-2007 05:21 PM

Hi all,

I'm new, but I'll join the challenge! I'm training for a triathlon at the end of July, so it's perfect for me to have a challenge for June.

My goals are to do yoga everyday, bike to and from work every day (once my bike gets back from the shop on Tuesday) and to run or swim every day:

completed:

5/26: walk/jog 1 hour
5/27: walk/jog 30 min, yoga 30 min

to do:
5/28: walk/jog 30 min, yoga 50 min
5/29: walk/jog 30 min, yoga 50 min
5/30: bike 40 min, swim 30 min, yoga 50 min
5/31: bike 40 min, walk/jog 30 min, yoga 50 min
6/1: bike 40 min, swim 30 min, yoga 50 min

Hopefully this won't be too much. The biking hasn't been hard so far, and I try to do 20 min of active yoga in the mornings and then another 30 min of more stretching oriented yoga after running or swimming... So it's all broken up into manageable bits.

tinamarie75 05-28-2007 05:25 PM

Hi girls! Sorry I have been MIA but,I was in bed with a horrible back ache,thankfully it's gone now and I can get my butt in gear. I will be gone tomorrow and part of Wednesday because,I am going camping with my hubby and kids but,will promise to be good while I am gone...other than eating a smore..lol Bad I know but,I dont think I can say no to a smore! See ya when I get back!

lynn23c 05-29-2007 10:47 AM

Hey all. I binged and gained a pound this past week. Not good. BUT, I finally specifically identified a trigger, so that is good news!

Exercise plan for this week:

5/29: Curves--30 minutes + 10 stretching Done!
5/30: Curves--30 minutes + 10 stretching--not going to do it. Forgot I have a hair appointment. Yoga maybe when I get home.
5/31: Curves--40 minutes + 10 stretching
6/1: yoga after work, possibly Curves during lunch that day.

I hope to some yoga on the weekend as well, and maybe go for a walk. Depends on the humidity. I really hate it; ever since I was little it gave me headaches. It's like I'm missing some sort of internal tempreature gague. And I wasn't even fat then!

tinamarie75 05-31-2007 08:54 PM

I'm back! We had a great time when we arrived at the campground only to be woke up at 5am by a severe thunderstorm:( We packed up and left with everything covered in mud) Anyway,AF is now here so,I feel like a bloated mess and have no clue if I have lost or not:mad: I hope you girls are doing great and I cant wait to hear from you all!

wondersha 05-31-2007 09:12 PM

Hey All

tina- sorry to hear about the camping trip..nothing is worse then being rained out..I can remember one trip as a kid when we woke up in the morning the rain inside the tent was halfway up the air mattress....

I was doing so well with the excercise..then over did and paid the consequences..I couldn't walk yesterday...sitting down to pee hurt so bad I thought I wouldnt get back up :o ..Spent the day covered in tiger balm smelling like a peppermint patty..which was fun at work

I bounced back today did 1 hour walk and 20mins of cardio:carrot:

I am now at 4 hours of excercise..and have to work tomorrow..so hopefully in the morning I can get in that last hour or at least close enough to it..

I have to say knowing you are all here is definitley motivating..

Keep up the great work ladies

sarah44 06-01-2007 08:31 AM

Hi all,

I've had trouble getting on the forum at home due to the server move, so I haven't posted much this week, but I think my ISP is finally loading the new pages. I hate the humidity too, it made me really grumpy on Tuesday, especially because it's not even June yet! I found a new running path that I really like, but the whole distance was over 3 miles, which was too much. So, like wondersha, I overdid it on Tues/Weds, and yesterday I took a day off. My biggest challenge has been doing yoga in the evenings - it seems important, to reduce stiffness and the possibility of injury, but I haven't been getting to it (although I have been doing regular stretching after walk/jogging).

So here's the week so far:

5/26: walk/jog 1 hour; done
5/27: walk/jog 30 min, yoga 30 min; done
5/28: plan: walk/jog 30 min, yoga 50 min;
completed walk/jog 40 min, 20 min yoga
5/29: plan: walk/jog 30 min, yoga 50 min;
completed: 60 min walk/jog, yoga 40 min
5/30: plan: bike 40 min, swim 30 min, yoga 50 min
completed: bike 40 min, swim 30 min, yoga 20 mi
5/31: bike 40 min, walk/jog 30 min, yoga 50 min
completed: none, took rest day

still to do:
6/1: bike 40 min, swim 30 min, yoga 50 min

wondersha 06-02-2007 02:32 PM

Well,

For my first challenge I dont think I did too bad...

I excercised 4.5 hours and gained 2lbs...lol

I am going with positive thinking in regards to the weight gain and I am calling it muscle....woohoooo I have gained two pounds of hard earned muscle.. :carrot:

shannon

sarah44 06-04-2007 11:17 AM

Week 2!!

I think I lost 2 lb last week. It's a little hard to tell because things seem to fluctuate from day to day. But the scale showed two pounds less on Sunday from last Sunday and two pounds less today than last Monday. And I've finally gotten down to 190.0, so hopefully sometime in the next few days I'll hit the 180s!

Here's the exercise plan for this week (my weeks go from Sunday to Saturday):

done:
Sunday 6/3: yoga 20 min, walk/jog 30 min, walking 30 min

to do:
Monday 6/4: yoga 50 min, bike 40 min, swim 30 min
Tuesday 6/5: yoga 50 min, walk/jog 30 min
Wednesday 6/6: yoga 50 min, bike 40 min, swim 30 min
Thursday 6/7: yoga 50 min, bike 40 min, walk/jog 30 min
Friday 6/8: yoga 50 min, bike 40 min, swim 30 min
Saturday 6/9: yoga 50 min, bike 40 min, walk/jog 30 min

I usually would bike on Mondays, but it's pouring rain outside. I also have some errands to run after work, so it's just as well to take the car.

Last week I did not manage to do yoga in the evenings, so I'm going to try to work on that this week.

sarah44 06-04-2007 11:28 AM

Also, it's June!

So the June challenge is on - 25 hours of exercise, 12 lb lost!

For me, this is also officially 8 weeks before the triathlon. I should be doing 3x the distance of each event each week, so that would be 9 mi walk/jog, 1.5 mi swimming, and 36 mi biking. I'm not quite there yet with the distances, because I'm only running about 2 mi 3 times a week and I'm not swimming 18 laps continuously yet. So I think my goal for this week will be just to keep track of my total distance for each event and see what I would need to do to get up to 3x the race distances.

tinamarie75 06-04-2007 10:57 PM

Good going girls!! Keep up the good work! Sorry I am not around much but,I am sick as a dog with a stomach bug. The good part is that it seems I am losing weight from it..lol It's really sad when you have to get sick to lose weight.

sarah44 06-11-2007 08:31 AM

Hi all,

Last week went ok, but not entirely as planned:

week 2 completed:
Sunday 6/3: yoga 20 min, walk/jog 30 min, walking 30 min
Monday 6/4: yoga 20 min, swim 40 min
Tuesday 6/5: yoga 20 min
Wednesday 6/6: yoga 20 min, bike 40 min, swim 30 min
Thursday 6/7: yoga 10 min, bike 40 min
Friday 6/8: nothing
Saturday 6/9: yoga 10 min, bike 40 min

The good news is that I'm keeping up with my morning yoga, which is very good for my back. And I swam twice, and biked 3 times. You'll notice, though, that I didn't do any running last week, which is problematic because I'm supposed to be building up to 3 mi for the triathlon. On Tuesday I went out of town to meet a friend, so that's somewhat understandable.

Towards the end of the week, though, I got into a terrible mode of spending lots time reading these forums and other weight loss blogs, while skipping my own exercise. On Thursday, I was literally sitting in my office at the appointed time for running, with my running gear in a bag next to me, surfing the web until it was too late to run and almost too dark to bike home! So a goal for this week is to post, but not surf.

I'd hoped to lose 2 lbs this week, but seem to have lost 1.5 lbs, which is fine.

And now for week 3!

week 3:

done:
Sunday 6/3: yoga 10 min, biking 90 min

to do:
Monday 6/4: yoga 20 min, bike 40 min, swim 30 min
Tuesday 6/5: yoga 20 min, bike 40 min, walk/jog 30 min
Wednesday 6/6: yoga 20 min, bike 40 min, swim 30 min
Thursday 6/7: yoga 20 min, bike 40 min, walk/jog 30 min
Friday 6/8: yoga 20 min, swim ?
Saturday 6/9: yoga 20 min, swim ?, walk/jog?

I've given up on including evening yoga in my goals, for now, because it simply hasn't been happening, and I want to focus more on what I have been accomplishing than what I haven't. Friday and Saturday I'll be camping with my sister, so I'll have to play it by ear.

Hope everyone elses' weeks are going well!

sarah44 06-11-2007 08:35 AM

week 3!!

I haven't figured out yet how to make sure that my posts go under the right thread.

I hope you're feeling better this week, TinaMarie!