Old 05-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #16  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Tracy - yes, 100 oz of water in a day... and I was not a big water drinker, either, so it took some getting used to! The science on the benefits of water drinking as it pertains to weight loss varies; there has been heated discussion about it all over 3FC. I believe that drinking all that water really does help - not just because it makes me feel fuller, but because it helps my liver perform more efficiently. You see, if we don't get enough water moving through our bodies, our kidneys can't process correctly. This forces the liver to do "double duty" (isn't the human body marvelous?) in helping the kidneys process wastes, but it also diminishes the liver's ability to do what it's supposed to do - and one of the liver's main duties is regulating fat storage. I should mention that there is conflicting research, as well... some say you don't need to drink that much. I think we're all agreed, though, that drinking water is good for you - and honestly, now that I've started drinking water, I really like it!

Michelle! So good to see you! And yes, I will get to the doc posthaste if this shoulder thing doesn't improve. I'd do it today, but we have this stupid brief to file. Re: the Beck book - it works with ANY diet/healthy eating plan you decide to do - it utilizes psychology to help folks learn healthier eating habits and be better at sticking to our plans. So far, so good - I'm on Day 6, and I'm really enjoying how Dr. Beck uses a stepwise approach to fixing my bad eating habits. There is homework involved, so anybody that chooses to do this book has to be prepared to actively engage in doing some writing and thinking, but it's very little - 20 minutes a day, max - and it really does work.

RE: the Question of the Day... the only workout videos I have are all Pilates (Suzi Lonergan and Winsor Pilates). I've been thinking about getting a DVD called Tap and Burn - since I am a former tap dancer, I figured it'd be good for me to get the ol' taps back on and maybe get some exercise in the process. Like Michelle, I've also been curious about The Firm... anyone here try it?
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if there is anyway I am going to keep up with you ladies.

Michelle, I am on my long week. so I worked all weekend (friday through monday) I have today off then I work tomorrow and thursday. I am glad this work week is almost over. Today I am going to the Y for swim lessons. I will go in with Tommy, but Makie goes by herself (I am so freaked out!) I am glad you dont have to stay on crutches, but can you do gym stuff for the upper body? The Y has a machine that you pedal with your arms, I guess it is a great workout.

Robin, I am so glad you are going to be a part of this group. You are a great inspiration to me. (BTW you are beautiful! Those pictures of you, WOW!!!)

Shari, good luck on your classes! I love school, but I hate classes. I wish I went to college in this on-line era!

Suz, I am glad you are back. I missed you and your words of inspiration so much! CHICAGO!!!! Good luck!!

Labonita, Tell us about bikini bootcamp

Welcome royalsfan, Treighsie, luja, and Mary! I am Jeni, I have 2 kids, Makie is almost 4 and Tommy is a year and a half. I recently started a new job the hours are crazy one week I work 6 out of 7 days 12 hours; the next week I have 6 out of 7 days off. I like the schedule but it is taking some getting used too. I don't think I have lost any weight in a few months but at least I am not gaining. My main focus is counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

I hope I got to everyone.

Life is crazy at my house right now. We are all pretty used to the new schedule, and now we start swimming. deep breath. Activities on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. I am getting a little cranky because Making dinner has become a challenge. so we have been eating out a lot lately and my sodium intake has skyrocketed and my maintaing, well accoding to todays scale I have gained 5 pounds in 5 days. okay, I know It is water retention, but I was scared to look at that scale. So todays goal is to douse my insides with water, LOTS of Water. I have to watch that sodium intake. I have been eating a little at each break, every 2 hours so I don't get hungry but, I am running out of ideas of healthy snacks. For my next week of work I am stocking up on lots of protein and Veggies and FRUIT!. I really want my body to start losing again.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #18  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to be MIA for so long. TOM's got me a little down. I told myself yesterday that I couldn't get online unitl I got the laundry done, well I didn't end up online.
At any rate, things here are good. I've been a little off on my eating. Not horrible, just off. Like one bad meal here and there. I need to get to the store. Exercise has been good though. My DH got me a ZEN for Mother's day. A ZEN is a knockoff of a ZUNE which is like an ipod. He bought me an ipod for our anniversary, but I got a speeding ticket and didn't feel I could justify keeping it when I needed to pay for that ticket. Anyway, it's an MP3 player that has a radio and recording capabilities. It's good for what I need it for. Walking and jogging outside. Just something to keep me going.
Aside from that, not a lot going on. Just still trying to get to that 30lb. mark. I am still 1 lb away as of this morning. I am going to mix things up a bit here and do the sonoma Diet's 10 day induction period. Hopefully that will jumpstart the scales again. I just need to get back to being disciplined again (self talk here).
Glad to see all of the new faces and glad to have the old ones back (laBonita).
I will have to do personals later. I have no idea what the kids are doing.

Oh Paula-Sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Michele- Get some rest while you can. and take it easy.

Suz-Hope you feel better. Keep us posted.

Ok I'm gone...talk at you chicks later.
Love
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #19  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post

Howdy MARY (sockmonkey, LOL cute name!) What interesting double major you have! Not exactly related are they? How did you decide to switch to nursing? (great choice BTW!) Do you have a specialty in mind? I think nursing school was the best and worst times of my life...it is stressful but you become exposed to all kinds of nursing and all walks of life. The testing and the studying is HARD but the clinicals are fun and once you feel like "a real nurse" you'll love it. Oh and don't beat yourself up over the Arbys thing, they do have good choices too. As long as you can pass up the curly fries, LOL.
I really want to work in geriatrics. I feel like those poor old people get so neglected and they don't deserve to feel alone towards the end of their lives. Yeah I am crazy LOL. My grandma was a LPN in a nursing home and said it was one of the most depressing places ever.

I wanted to be a nurse because of my grandma. She was so passionate about it. And it's weird..anytime I am in a hospital I feel like I am at home LOL. I just feel comfrotable there.

I was in Graphic Design because I am just naturally artistically inclined, so I thought it would be an easy, have fun major LOL.

And I did eat the fries, but I shared them with a friend
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #20  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Suz the only workout video I have is Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #21  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Another "newbie" - well to this challenge, anyway.

I'm Nicole, early thirties and single and I work in the claims department for an insurance company.

Michelle, good to hear the ankle isn't as bad as you initially thought. It still must be frustrating for you though

Suz, ouch! That sounds painful! Here's hoping it improves soon for you

Hi to everyone else - sorry for not responding, but I need to get ready for work...

Today my goals are:

W - drink more than I did yesterday. I think I ended up a bit dehydrated yesterday which explains the headache I've got

E - stick within my points for the day

E - an hour's cardio at the gym tonight

D - Dad. Buy his birthday present. I have absolutely no idea what to get him - seriously, what do you get someone turning 61? It may end up being a gift voucher from somewhere which is a bit impersonal, but he really is impossible to buy for.

Talk to you all when I get home! Have a good day
Nicole
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #22  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Michelle ~ Glad the hubby is liking the new job so far. 4 weeks isn't that bad. Could have been worse, right? I don't think anything could make math better. I'm not even taking it yet and I already have a headache. I don't do exercise videos but I've always wanted to try bellydancing. I think I need to find a class though, I need hands on training.

Tracy ~ You have gray hair?! No way! It's just amazing, you look like you're still in high school.

Jeni ~ It's only day two and I'm already confused and getting frustrated. I'm scared too. I know it's online but I don't want to look like a fool.

Hey Love!

Mary ~ You should be a nurse for the VA. It's actually not as depressing as some people would think. Alot of our vets are actually really happy and content. It's amazing. How is that DVD? It's actually on my Netflix list and I was thinking of going ahead and trying it.

Welcome Nicole!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #23  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool

Kinda depressed cause they had to take down my Avril avatar. I didn't mean to offend anyone but I'm on a Avril trip. My posts look so naked right now. Have to find another cool one.

So I WIed today and I decided that I'm going to shot for 20lbs by July 4th. I know it's a stretch but I am pissed at myself and I need to get off my lazy butt and get moving! I want to be as close as I can get to ONEderland before my birthday! I don't want to be in the high 200s when I turn 21. I picked my fave ticker for this challenge too. I know when I see that smiley face, I did it! If I kick butt on this challenge, I know that I will truly be on my way.

My W.E.E.D for this whole challenge:

W ~ 96 oz daily

E ~ Exercise at least 4 times a week. Two of these times have to be water aerobics. Work out at least twice during TOM. Complete monthly exercise goals (if I set one).

E ~ Stay within my WW points range (28 right now) and write down EVERYTHING.

D ~ Just stay strong, consistent, and optimistic. Do my schoolwork and try to keep what little sanity I have.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #24  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

W- drink *some* LOL
E- exercise today? herm... I've been housecleaning...maybe I'll try and get a walk in later on.
E- staying on points (20) and writing it down. (thanks Jasonlea) Also trying to not sneak stuff.
D- have to meet with a psychologist about my son this afternoon so I need to be strong!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #25  
same me, only less

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!

I'm just gonna post a quick message since I'm at work.

A little about me-I'm 26 and single. I'm working on my masters and just started my Maymester class yesterday. It's going to be a busy three weeks! When I'm not working or doing homework, I enjoy long walks on the beach...(jk ) actually I am an avid reader and love to just spend time hanging out with my peeps and family.

So far this week I'm actually doing really well. I'm exercising with a Crunch Cardio Salsa. I did 30 minutes yesterday and this morning. I'm still can't quite get through the entire video, but I think I should be able to make it by the end of the month. Since I don't really have the money to spend on a gym and it gets quite hot here in Texas, I'm keeping my exercise indoors.

What is this Beck book that y'all are talking about? I don't think I've heard of it.

Need to get back to work, later everyone!
libchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #26  

Let's see DVDs - I have all of the YBB videos - they are fun. My daighter got me a belly dancing DVD as a joke and I actually like that one quite a bit, although I only do it when no one is home!

Jasonslea - Avril as in Avril Lavigne? Skater Boy is on my walking mix. I love that song for some reason.

Suz and Michelle - hope you both heal quickly. Suz - I'll wander over and look for your Beck thread. I am still reading it, haven't started doing the exercises yet.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day!

Here's how I did today:

W - got the three glasses of water in
E - 45 minutes on the treadmill with "hills" (my butt is feeling it)
E - Ate fairly well today. PRobably could have had a few more veggies, but it wasn't bad.
D - Didn't snack after work - waited until DInner. Probably ate more at DInner then I should have, but hey one step at a time.
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #27  
One Busy Mom!

So....does sex count as exercise??? :lol I did take my puppy for a leisurely walk for about 45 minutes... she was pulling so my arm muscles were working at least!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #28  

Hey everyone. Unfortunately I only had time to buzz through the previous postings and can't do individuals -- but Paula -- I hope your dad is better!!!

A pretty decent day -- here's my "WEED" for tomorrow --

W -- Lot's of it
E -- Headed to the gym for 1 hour (working up to 1/2 mile run)
E -- No snacking!!
D -- I want to get my garden cleaned up (good exercise, right???) and take time to write a few letters maybe that I've been slacking on

Hope everyone has a great day!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #29  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Oh for all of you cauliflower lovers, it's on sale for .99 cents a head at Target. I had a roasted veggie meadly and it had cauliflower in it, so I am going to get another couple of heads tomorrow.
just an FYI...

And Tracy-I'm counting any and all "intense" activites as exercise...
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:41 AM   #30  
One Busy Mom!

My WEED for today:

W- drink more. I'll try and carry a bottle with me when I'm doing my errands.
E- I will be running errands, so the walking will be good. I'll try and park further away.
E- stay on points, and write it down. Eat a piece of fruit today.
D- My son's birthday party is this Saturday and I'm just starting to plan it. I hope to pick up a lot of stuff today. Wish me luck!