Old 04-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #1  

Default Ready for Vacation Challenge

Okay...I'm new here. And my starting challenge to MYSELF is to get myself feeling better to go on vacation to CMA FEST in Nashville in June. I have a great group of friends going with me. THEY ALL love me for who I am....problem being I sometimes just don't like myself when I am with them all. They are all much thinner....can wear the beautiful summer clothes.....and seem to have so much mor fun than I allow myself to have.

So I thought if I got this out and set myself up for a challenge I might at least get myself feeling better prior to my trip. What can I say....it is a good time and place to start!!!

Anyway....anyone else trying to get in vacation shape??? Come join me and maybe we can support each other!!!!
chelbell95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default testing....

tg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #3  

Default sorry for the test, i tried posting twice lol, and it

got lost somewhere in cyberspace.
so, ok a recap> I am up for a challenge. also fairly new here, hanging mostly in the calorie counter threads. I too have an event coming up in JUNE and would love to drop some weight. I won't be any where near goal by then, but would love to drop at least 20lbs! Maybe that's too ambitious, but we will see.
That's my goal for now.
So, good luck! I'll try to check in and report/see how you are doing, so don't forget to post your progress!
hugs
tracyg
Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #4  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool!

I'd love a new challenge. What kind of goals do you have chelbell? Tracyg, yours sounds pretty good, 20lbs is probably doable if you put in the effort! Do you have a plan of action?

Hmmm I won't be on vacay in June... but I will be half way through summer school and I want a goal I can reach for while I'm back home for the summer.... If I go on vacation at all it will be in August.

I think I'll have think harder about what my goal will be... But I'll be back, promise!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:47 AM   #5  

I too would not be anywhere to goal but I have to start somewhere. There is just sooooooo much walking and it gets pretty warm down there in Music City...Great things for us chubby gals huh...hehe

Anyway....Right now my goal is to get into the shorts I wore there 2 years ago...I had bought them to go that year and did great...but obviously right now they don't fit. I'm guessing 20 to 25 lbs might get me there....but if I of course work hard on the exercise part of it...the inches would make a big difference too.

I know if I can get myself losing.... I will lose it where I need to first to get my butt back in those shorts. I tend to lose weight first on my hips and my stomach. BOY I had now idea how I had let myself goooooo until I tried them.

Obviously those FRIENDLY elastic pants have been deceiving me for quite a while..UGH UGH>>>>>
Old 04-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #6  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I'm up for the challenge. My school break is June 30th thru July 8th and we're supposed to be going to Holiday World for three days and hopefully we'll be meeting up with some family and a couple of my husbands friends that I've never met. I want to be able to go to the waterpark without feeling self concious and I also want to look as good as possible for my husband as well as myself. I'm on AF right now and i've gained almost 3 lbs of water & stuff as a result, but my last pre-af weigh in was 197.8 and I'm going to use that as my starting weight. It's 13 weeks til our vacation, and I'm shooting for at least as many pounds lost by then. I'd love the whole 2lbs per week thing but I'm going to stick to the 13 lbs. side so I don't get super discouraged...
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey I'm back!

Just as I said I would be .

Okay so I now have a goal. As I'm counting inches, and it seems we're heading for June as the time when we would like to meet our goals... My goal is going to be to have lost a total of 12inches, and to have had that loss for about two weeks. That would mean losing another 6-7inches from where I am now.

I know I'm going to have to brush up on my eating as well as begin working out a little more. It's tough because right now I'm not feeling so much like making a goal. My rib is a little bruised from a bike fall on Thursday and I'm just a little sore all over. Ugh. It is a pain. But I would really like to begin doing some weight lifting exercises. Strength training kind of thing.

chelbell, it's always nice to have a piece of clothing to measure your weight loss with. It'll be fantastic when you finally fit them! good luck!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #8  

heyy i would definately like to join your vaca challenge. Im goin up to Toronto in June and i just want to look my best, especially since im staying with family and we are very much the beach-loving types. I bought a bikini as motivation and after recently trying it on, i realized that i have a lot of work to do. My biggest problem is that i am too lazy to exercise and i know that that has got to stop!!
My goal is to lose 16 pounds by june 13. Do u guys think its possible? i just dont wanna set myself up for failure, but i am 100% committed!!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #9  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Ooohhh I'm in too!!!! I will be going to visit the in laws in June in Florida and would love to lose 15 - 20 lbs before then!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #10  

I've got that pair of shorts out to keep myself motivated. I wore them 2 years ago on the same trip (We are going to Nashville for CMA Music Fest). Anyway....I pulled them out to try on and wow what an eye opener....now I have to use them as a push to keep me motivated.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I know working out more will help out with the inches......So in saying that....I have a shot at getting those silly things on my PUFFY BEHIND!!!! heee heee

Good luck
Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

I want to joint too...I got 20lbs to loose in two months.
I graduate from university in May and I am moving in June...So they keep me motivated!

jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #12  

Default hey ladies, how's it going? just checking in.

I'm not doing so well i think. i'm sticking to my plan and have dropped down to 1400c. but the scale is showing NOTHING...sigh....my first goal is to drop below 180. My highest wt was 191 but I've hovered in the high 180's for a few years. Once I dropped into the 160's but quickly gained it back, and once to 172 but gained it back also....sigh....now, i just can't seem to get the scale moving in the right direction. I am stuck at 183.....
not giving up though. I need to add some exercise in, but can't seem to find the time. sigh....
well, i must go, hope everyone else is doing better....
hugs
tracyg
Old 04-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #13  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Not doing so well here either. AF was just here and left 1.4 extra pounds in her wake. I know they'll be gone before the week's out but still
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #14  

OK OK OK I NEED SOME MOTIVATION!! IM WRITING IN CAPS LOCK BECAUSE SOMEHOW I THINK I WILL GET EXCITED ABOUT DIETING AND EXERCISING, BUT HONEST TO GOD WHO THE **** EVER WANTS TO LIMIT THEIR FOOD INTAKE AND EXERCISE, NO ONE THATS WHO!!!
BUT WE ALL WANT TO LOOK SUPER HOT FOR THE SUMMER AND WHATEVER VACATIONS OR TRIPS WE'RE GOING ON, SO THAT IS THE MOTIVATION!! THINK ABOUT AN ITEM OF CLOTHING YOU WANT TO FIT IN TO OR AN EVENT YOU WANNA LOOK SUPER SEXY FOR OR JUST TO GET HEALTHY - AND JUST DO IT!!

ok the letters are giving me a headache. but really, theres around two months left until summer and i just want to spend the next two months getting into the best shape and health of my life
WHO'S WITH ME???
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #15  

Hi all!

Also very new here. I'll be going back home for a little while during June and, although I'm losing weight for me, there's that tiny inny little bit inside which makes me want to go back there and have all of my friends go "Wow! She looks fantastic!"

I want to lose about 13lb by summer. My ideal weight loss would be 29lb until my ideal weight but baby steps for now so 13lb it is.

I want to achieve this mainly by calorie counting. I'm also going to be watching my fruit and veg intake from now on (typical student diet, I'm afraid!) to make sure I'm getting enough good stuff. I'm also going to be really careful about portion control - biggest portion may be better value for money but it's no good for my waist line!! Plus, plenty of water and exercise, of course.
PeppermintTea is offline   Reply With Quote