Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #16  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi sweeties! How are we all doing!? It's so nice outside here in NE Ohio, we've been outside walking three times this week. I could get used to this!

Is anyone doing the free diet blogging on here yet? I started one last night, middle of the night insomnia striking again, it is very therapeutic, even though I haven't gotten into anything too in depth yet.

Grammpaula, I LOVE ToH Light N Tasty magazine, it is my favorite, by far. Alot of dieters I know like Cooking Light, but I think their style is a bit too gourmet for me. LNT is real cooking, weekday, family meals. I started getting them last summer, still making tons of recipes from them. You and your tilapia, LOL, I giggle every time you say you're making it again.

Jeni-hope the baby is feeling better. OH and that woman putting her child in the daycare sounds sneaky to me, I bet her baby DID have the pox.... One time one of my children was ill and when I called the doc and was describing the s/s I said something about them just being lethargic, and the nurse was like LETHARGIC!? Like being "lethargic" was a huge big deal, when what I meant was he was just laying around not playing or being himself. But being lethargic sounds like something serious...I'm hoping little Tommy is okay, probably just need hydrated and "let it run its course" but let us know. Peds nursing is NOT my forte.

Suz, so you're going to be a star...we already knew you were one, just now the rest of the world will know too. Sounds like you're putting in late hours and hard work. Can't wait til you can talk about it and tell us more about it. Is it weight loss related? How is regular work-work going? Still running you ragged and not appreciating you?! How is the new house? Feel like home yet?

Robin---glad your DD is feeling better and WOOHOOO on breaking into the 170s OMG! Can you imagine! I love seeing you all over these boards telling us how much your DH "appreciates" your efforts! You are so sweet! How are your knees? Your belly? Any word on your pending surgery yet?

Brandy, glad you got some pretty good news from your doctor. Sounds like most things are a struggle, but you're lucky you're getting healthy and getting your body in shape to deal with whatever gets thrown your way. I really admire that you are a RUNNER! It's been my goal (and Suz's!) to be able to run a mile...and you are a racer! Good luck~ I hope you get it together to do the 5k this month...I'd need to start training NOW just to be ready for one in like 6 months and you can just pick up and do it? WOW! I've been trying to run a little bit, like 30 seconds of every 2 minutes on the treadmill or easier on the elliptical. I imagine running/jogging on the real ground is more challenging.

HolyTeror, I'm thinking of what you can add to your craft project too, maybe steal a bunch of people's siggies? I especially like the one about seeing an angel stuck in stone and carving away to set her free....or about how nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, or were you looking for more concrete wt loss ideas? Like, eat lots of fiber and keep a food diary and drink tons of water? Or maybe even a WEED joke in there somewhere? Or MMM? (Mind, Mouth, and M??? what was it?) Oh and I get the accountabilibuddy reference, south park has been especially funny this new season, last season was getting a bit stale....LOL

Lovemacon, so you want to be a runner too, are you doing a C25K thing or anything? I just gotta check out these WATP videos, I see them all over this site. I laugh to myself a bit when I see your name b/c one of our docs name is Dr. Maycon, and I LOVE him too....LOL but still. I haven't roasted asparagus before, I'm not even sure I like it, but I like to roast bell peppers and onions and mushrooms, I just crank up the oven to like 450 and toss them in some Pam spray with salt/ pepper and stir them up every 15 minutes or so....then if I get impatient I just turn the broiler on to char them a bit. I like them a bit blackened. I think it's awesome that your child likes the veggies too. I'm jealous, my kids are happy meal kids all the way.

LaBonita, I just KNOW you're going to make your goal! You're doing so great, and YES, get your butt in class! I know it's nice and it sucks, but keep up the good work!

AUD!!!! Where the heck ya been woman! You better stick this time....I've had high speed internet for about 6 months now, what a difference it makes, I didn't KNOW my old connection was slow until I got this! Let us know how you've been!

Well crap, I guess I better get the tail in gear, supposed to meet a pal at aerobics class at 6p, having a Tastefully Simple party tomorrow night and need to get some things in place. Will probably be back on sometime in the middle of the night. LOL hope not though.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

AUD, welcome back!!! We missed you!!!!

Tommy still isn't feeling well, he has been sleeping for the last 3 hours and just doesn't want to wake up. The good news is he got an antibiotic for ear infections. YEP AGAIN, second time in two months. Doc says everything he is going through is caused by the infection. My poor guy.

I want to get som asparagus and roast it, but geez, DH refuses to eat it. I guess I can make it just for me

Any thoughts about the next challenge??? With the end of this one looming, I realized we need something else to look forward too.

My job is getting so physical. My "real" job will be more walking than anything, but yesterday I was lifting 6 forty pound bags every fifteen minutes for 6 hours. Today was a great aerobic upper body movement for 6 hours I cant count them as intentional exercise, but I am including an hour for each one of the days when I find new muscles that I didn't know I had.

I will post again in the morning.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #18  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lolol nursemichelle ROFL i'm glad somebody got that joke..from siggies that's a dang good idea...i'm gonna start doin that!!!!!

guess what? I've eaten on plan 2 days in a row....water not quite there yet, today i missed my am workout, but i have eaten on plan 2 days in a row. I'm so proud of myself. the problem comes tomorrow when we have a potluck at work. I'm bringin a salad and gonna try real hard to keep the other calories away
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #19  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Hellloooo,
Thanks for the tips on the asparagus. It was great! Much better than yesterday, and my DD still enjoyed it. She's so funny. She's telling me all about her new toileting habits since she's been eating more veggies. Coming from a 4 y/o it's hilarious. But I did another repeat on the lettuce wraps, only this time I used romaine lettuce. I meant to put some brown rice in mine, but forgot. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I spent all of today getting the laundry done...finally! I know it's never really done, but I am at least caught up. Tired, but caught up. I'll spend the morning getting it put away. Hopefully before the kiddos get up.

Michelle-I was thinking about you today. We are also on SB. I could feel your energy through the post. You got me all pumped up just reading it. Hope you and the kids are having a good time and you are enjoying your day off. Don't eat too much of that bread tomorrow at the Tastefully simple. I thought I was going to explode after one of those parties. Of course that was before. It should be called Tastefully Sinful, cuz that's what that bread is. LOL.

Paula- Don't cha just love a bargain. I was in the store one day and they had discounted bananas. My kids could eat 2 a day, and I think I got 8 for like sixty cents. Thanks for the help on the roasting. I think I am going to get some green beans and try them for my trip. I don't want to be unprepared while riding int he car.

Holyteror-How did you like the pumkin shake? Good for you eating on plan. Just think, your're not missing out on anything at the potluck. Take something healfully good and that way you don't feel left out. I actually despise the potluck. There's always that person who brings the weird dish and wants everyone to try it. Never fails. You know the one.

Jeni-Hope tommy starts feeling better. I know it was the pits when mine were out of commision. My Dh has been suffering from some sort of ear thing for about 3 weeks now. He's been online researching his disease and trying to convince me to feel sorry for him. Sounds like you've got a pretty strenuous job. WHEW!

Robin-How are your girls? did you get everything worked out. BTW- I've been sharing your story with my DH and he asked how long you've been on your journey? Just curous. I know everyone looses at different paces.

Brandi-Thanks for the encouragement. If you've got any tips on training I'd lvoe them. Everyone thinks I am insane, but I tell them i am inspired. I actually like working out though. I like the sweating and the slightly sore muscles. It's just getting my body to get up and get stared. Once I start I'm good.

LaBonita-Welcome back! Now get in gear! Only a few weeks left til you begin the rest of your life.

Shelby-where are you????

Aud-I'm a newbie, but glad to meet you. We recently got high speed and my husband and I both were too excited.

Well here's my WEED for tomorrow.
W-64 oz
E-3 mile WATP-possibly the 1 mile walk and jog
E-write down what I'm eating to see if I'm eating enough. But I plan on eating on plan and controlling my portions. Add as many veggies as possibel.
D-Get laundry put away and get packed.
Good night
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all having a good week. Yesterday was stupendous here. The weather was summer like, in for another nice day today, then it's going to cool off.

Jeni I hope Tommy sees some improvement today. Hopefully, hopefully. Your job sounds quite demanding, but hey it burns a heck of a lot more calories then sitting at a desk all day, which is fantastic. As far as the asparagus, I make certain things that no one eats sometimes. If I like it and it helps me to stay on plan - I'm making it and whoever wants to not it eat it, fine with me.

Michelle, Thanks for asking about the surgery. But I'm soooo bad I haven't even called the doctor back yet to discuss all the questions I have. Maybe after spring break. I'm in no rush. But I do have a feeling Francine, that's what I've named my not so little fibroid, weighs quite a bit. My knees have been pretty darn good, considering I do more and more exercise and walking every day. Today I am actually a little stiff, but usually it works itself out as the morning progresses. Enjoy your party, it sounds like fun.

lovemacon, I started my journey, or my re-birthday as I like to call it on September 4, 2006. I day I will always celebrate. So, just under 7 months ago. I took an all or nothing approach and have been very, very determined. Found willpower in myself that I never knew existed. Still not sure why I didn't tackle it earlier, though I don't dwell on that aspect of it too often. About the asparagus I basically do the same thing Paula does, although I add fresh chopped garlic, which roasts as well. Very yummy. And if there is nothing else in the oven, I cook it at a higher temp.

Brandy, I hope you found some other form of exercise. I have no doubt that you did.

Aud, well, so very nice to hear from you!!!

Suz, I hope all is well and that you are busy with enjoyable things, not pain in the neck lawyer things.

Hello to the rest of the gang.

As for the next challenge, which can start on Monday. How about a Mother's Day Challenge or a Memorial Day Challenge?

A quick hit of WEED:

W - drink it
E - do it
E - 1200 calories
D - see above

Have a great and productive day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #21  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i vote for memorial day

bbs to post later
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Good Morning Ladies. Yesterday's WEED was good! Gee I sure hope my computer isn't ever taken for some kind of evidence. I will be busted for doing the real weed and I've never even tried it before. LOL
I took the dog for a walk again yesterday. Something must have happened in the neighbor. There were cop cars drive very slow all around the streets I was walking on. I have no idea what was going on, but it made me want to come home and lock my doors.
To I have planned a cookout. I thought I'd make turkey burgers on the grill. I really don't like ground turkey, but if I doctor them up enough with onion and green pepper and spices before we grill them they might be OK. I have to make another trip to the store to get WW buns. Now if the rain holds out I'll be in busy.

Michelle- Hasn't the weather been lovely? Looks like a cold front is moving in though.

Jeni- How's Tommy this morning? Poor guy. Ear infections aren't any fun that's for sure.
Sounds like you will be getting plenty of physical activity in at work. You are going to have such big muscles.

Holyteror- Good luck with the potluck today. Load up on the salad. Before you fill up your plate think of us here cheering you on to make the right choices.

Aud- I don't think we've met. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Love- Refresh my old memory. Are you going on a trip? I guess I should start writing important info down so I don't forget.

Robin- I like the idea of a Mother's day challenge. That will be 6 more weeks which sounds good, but whatever is best for everyone else is fine with me. Memorial day would give me an extra 2 weeks to meet my goal. I just know I will be joining all of you again which ever date is chosen.

Today's WEED:

W- 3-4 bottles of water
E- 30 minute walk
E- healthy fruits and veggies with WW thrown in for good measure.
D- Enjoy the day rain or shine.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #23  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning. Our beautiful weather is gone for a few days but it sure was glorious while it lasted. This mornings run was done in a bit of a misting. Didn't really get soaked so not to bad. I didnt do anything exercise wise yesterday. Bad Brandy! I meant to walk the doggies after teaching but a storm came in and prevented even that.

Today I'm helping my friend at the health food store and then I'm teaching a makeup lesson. I've got a sub playing at church tonight so dont have to stress over that for the night.

Paula-Police in the neighborhood is never a good sign. We came home a few weeks ago and they were about a block down from our house and we later found out it was a drug bust. We live in a very tiny farming community and this is quite unusual. I hope your turkey burgers turned out well.

Robin-glad you're doing well. Your comment to love of finding willpower you didn't know you had really struck me. Isn't that such a wonderful thing to discover in yourself?! Either challenge will work for me. So far so good on the maintaining but I'll definetly be sticking around with all of you to keep committed.

love-my advice for running is to listen to your body. Push yourself but dont go all out all at once. My training was a very slow progression due to my bum ankles. I really didn't know if I'd be able to do it but luckily haent had a problem. I can PM you a copy of the run schedule I used if you'd like.

HolyTeror-Congrats on 2 days in a row!! You're doing so well.

Jeni-Hope Tommy is responding to the antibiotics and feeling better. Earaches are the worst. Poor little thing. Your job sounds like its gonna really help keep you active throughout the day. So much better than sitting at a desk most of the time.

Michelle-I'm doing a blog to track my maintenance. I've never done anything like it but thought itd be fun to try. As for me being a runner, I find it so odd when people call me that. I know this sounds odd, but I find myself putting my running down because they are "short" runs of 3-6 miles at a time. I know this is absurd, but my DH is currently training for a marathon and is out for 13 mile runs. I know I shouldnt compare and should be proud of what I do but when he's out doing that and competing in Triathlons its a bit hard to be excited about little 5K races. Silly mind games! I never thought I'd be a runner, but I wanted to give it a try. I still dont love it like my DH, but it is a terrific workout. I'm not a great racer as my times are slow but at least I'm out there. You should give it a try. There is something about the feeling at the end of a run that is hard to duplicate.

Aud-I look forward to getting to know more about you.

To anyone I'm forgetting-have a terrific day and behave! My weed is my normal so I'm not gonna repeat it here.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #24  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, everytime I think about blogging I get sidetracked. I have been having a tough enough time just getting online in the morning. but I do keep a regular ol journal, not everyday, but enough to remind myself WHY I am doing this and What worked.

Holyteror, congrats for eaing OP the last couple of days.

Lovemacon, I know about that laudry thing. I finally just put my last load in the dryer (from the weekend). I Hate Laundry!!

Robin, Francine huh?? you know they say if you name them them you want to keep them dont get too attatched to it Sorry. I know that it is no laughing matter but I am glad you are keeping your humor.

Paula. I HATE IT when something happens in the neighbrhood. recently there have been a rash of break ins in my neighbor hood so I had to start locking my doors. I never used to lock my front door durning the day.

Hi brandy you posted after my original post so I thought I would say a quick hello.

Tommy still had a fever last night. I will be at work when he gets up so DH will let me know whether he is at Nana's or Daycare. Last night he went to sleep at 6:15 and didnt wake up except a few bouts of throw ups last night. we didn't get him a second dose of antibiotic because of it. but I think sleep will do him alot in the way of getting better.

Makie is starting to get a runny nose, but she is doing fine. She is learning how to right her name. She is SO AMAZING!!!

My job right now is moving around alot. I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next, mostly because the classes they are supposed to be having are getting canceled. I enjoy when I get to do some sort of work. The job I learned Monday was very physical, today I will probably end up with one of the button pushing jobs. Once my line starts production up then My biggest chore will be walking. I guess it will be an average of 10 miles in a 12 hour shift. Not to shabby. Other than walking I will be doing lab tests ALOT, every Half our or more.

Weed has been lacking for me the since the weekend, the day is fine, but night time, is another story. Today I will get back with my WEED.

(O BTW I decided to start pilates class 2 X per week. MAN I hope I can do it tonight, I am still sore from Monday.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls! I vote for a Memorial Day challenge....only because my birthday is a couple days before it! But whatever the majority votes for is fine with me.

I'm doing okay this week. Not the BEST, but okay. I have a feeling I'll be maintaining this week, but I'm okay with that. I'm still floating on cloud 9 being at this weight. It's been a LONG time. At least I know that I still made my goal for this challenge. BRING ON THE NEXT ONE!! Lol.

The day is more than half over, so I don't really have any WEED. I'll just put what I've already done, and what I plan to do the rest of the day...

W - 3 cups (haven't had any yet)
E - Already did C25K Week 3 Day 2
E - Watch portions at dinner...I'm cooking for the boyfriend (he usually cooks), so I'll make sure it's healthy!
D - Get some homework done

Have a great day everyone. It's rainy and depressing here...hopefully it's better in your neck of the woods!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #26  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

ok i did as best as I could but i didn't quite stay on plan......however............it looks like hubby and i area but to go get ourself a little home gym set from walmart...with like 100 lbs of weights on it. so maybe, just maybe, I can put some use to it.

i'm tired today I hope you're doing ok
Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #27  

Hello to everyone. I've kind of dropped out of site -- I've been doing incredibly horrible but didn't want to just disappear -- I love hanging out here! But, until I figure out how to get my act together again, I'm going to take a "break" -- I feel silly posting on here when I'm binging all day. You have all done a wonderful job lately, especially with all the challenges life throws at you (sick kids are the worst, I think!!).
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 AM   #28  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning everyone. Happy Thursday. How did you do yesterday? Did your eating stay on plan? Did you get your exercise in? Did you come to some huge enlightening theory?

I'm up and pretty much ready for my walk so thought I'd check whats going on here. I don't have any serious plans for the day just a few minor things to get done.

Shelby-I do hope you can regain control of your bingeing. I wish I had a magic formula to toss your way and say "do this and you'll be just fine." The fact is I dont really know how to pull out of a binge cycle although I have them. For me its a mindset that just "comes back." Anyways, I'm rooting for you and I hope you can get back on plan.

Holyteror-How exciting to be getting a weight station! When do you think you'll have it assembled and ready?

LaBonita-Maintaining for a week will be a much better thing than a gain. You're doing really well with your progress and I hope this wont effect your positive approach.

Jeni-how exciting for your dd to be writing her name. I took my oldest nephews signature at that age and embroidered it and his handprint on a wallhanging for my SIL. I just though it was so charming with a few backeards letters. He was so proud to give it to his mama. I wish I would have had the time to do that with all my neices and nephews.

OK, gotta get my coffee so I can walk straigt for the morning. I hope you're all off to a wonderful start today.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #29  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

GIRLS!

I really am here...

Robin, thanks for picking up the thread-starting duties for the final week of our challenge! Work has been an absolute NIGHTMARE. We got a case last week that took a major dramatic turn over the weekend. It was in the news - someone stole a plane out of Texas and was trying to move it out of the country and into Russia, so my boss (yes, MY BOSS) got on the phone with a series of people and had a couple of F-16 fighter jets bring it down in Milwaukee. Drama! I got a phone call from the Boss at 11 p.m. on Sunday telling me to be in the office on Monday at 7:00 a.m.... so you can see now why my appearances here have been nonexistant. Things appear to be settling down at the moment - but it unfortunately took its toll on my ability to be here with you girls and catch up, and for that I am truly sorry.

Now that I can talk about it: The independent movie thing was for the 48-hour Filmmaker's Challenge (I think that's what it's called), and basically the filmmakers had 48 hours to write, direct, shoot, edit and produce a seven-minute independent film. On Friday night, everyone draws a genre from a hat, and they have until Sunday night to get it done. It's a neat challenge - but VERY difficult to do! The filmmakers I was working with drew "horror" as their genre (right up my alley!), and so they called me on Saturday morning and told me when to show up and what to bring. We started shooting my scenes - basically, the bulk of the film - on Saturday night around 7:00ish, and we finally finished up around 3:30 a.m. It's being screened in Philadelphia on April 1. Exciting!

And, even through all this, I am maintaining - although my gym time is still suffering because I just can't seem to wake up in the mornings, even when I go to bed early. Sigh.

I will attempt to catch up with everyone throughout the day today - hope everyone's doing well! (looks like a lot of us are hitting goals! woo hoo!!!)

Take care, ladies!

W: 100 oz
E: quickie workout at lunch
E: 1400 calories
D: FINALLY get back on track with 3FC, make all my choices good ones, take care of MMM...
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #30  
Calorie Counter

shelby, DONT STOP POSTING! I know you feel like you don't belong, but please, stay here. It won't stop your eating, but it helps give you motivation to get back on track. I have good weeks and bad weeks (which is why I am not losing much) but I come here to get the motivation I need.

Holyteror, Ive got one of those weight sets. I love it. It is so convinient.

Labonita, don't say just maintaining!! Maintaining is hard to do too.

Brandy, Nothing enlightening. Coffee coffee coffee!!! mmmm

SuZ!!!! Yay, HORROR!! Is it scary horror (like the old friday 13th, Halloween) or is it the (I call it) New Horror (you know it scares you not so much by sneaking behind you, but by the sheer teror of what is going on) like (Saw or Hostel?) I haven't heard about the plane thing, WOW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Well, I have a secret. Okay its one of those secret goals, I want to weigh less than my sister. OK its out. I have always been the big one, but I am trying so hard to get below her. BUT I don't think that is going to happen now. RIght now I am about 10 pounds above her, but she is losing weight (and she loses quickly). So it won't happen right now, but maybe once I reach my final goal, it will.

I skipped the gym yesterday. I was going to do Pilates, but my above mentioned sister called me and needed to talk and I never got there. I did get in a good workout at work though.

I have to work at the restraunt next weekend. I am actually angry about it, I know I could say no. BUT they asked me before I new the reason. NOW I am pretty angry about it.

GUESS WHAT, DH finally got his Raise!!! (if you remember, his boss told him no because I make too much) Well DH's supervisor went to the boss and had some words and He got the top raise which is 3% !!!! I am so happy for him.

Okay, Weed, ummm I will do my best to:

W 80 oz
E 45 minutes at the gym
E 1400 cals
D dishes,