Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default I Feel Lonely Out Here!

Hi!

I started up a thread called "FROM HUMMERS TO HUMMINGBIRDS" and it's not too often that someone replies! Is it the name that I picked? So many people said that they would like to join me, but lately I'm about the only one posting!
I need support and I know I found it here about 5 years ago. The thread I started back then always was busy! I'm really feeling down today and it would have helped if someone would have been there for me. I started my plan about a month ago & so far have lost 9.5#. I can feel myself gradually getting into a rut, but I don't want to give in to that! I have worked so hard for the past month and I sure don't want to see the scale starting to go the other way again! Are there any of you out there that would like corresponding with a middle-aged woman? (I'm usually young at heart!) I sure hope that there's a few out here that would like to join me as one of my buddies! My ds is home today all day, so it may be hard for me to check/post. (I'll bug him from time to time to get off the computer!) TTFN
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #2  

Hey you, I was in posting and just saw your thread! aw you Please don't feel bad. WHen I first started a monthly weight loss thread in February (when I joined 3fc), it was just me and one other gal that month and then me alone for a bit. I was having monolgues with myself for a little while, hahaha and I got down too a bit. The support is essential, the lovely ladies (were 3 in the beginning) were wonderful and I miss them to this day! Anyways, I just kept at it. The other thing I notice is t hat I think the boards are a bit more quiet in the summertime. People get busy and go on vaca's and stuff. I just started the july thread (weight loss challenge), please drop in anytimeeeeeeee girl but in the meantime that does not mean having to give up your thread. You can start your new thread for july and perhaps post it now to give others a chance to see it. Dont give up, you keep on truckin! Even though things are slower now as its summer, with consistency, others will join you. Whatever you decide is up to you, I just wanted to relay my experience with you as I felt the same way that first month and I wanted to also tell you to pop in and join our team whenever and as often as you wish : ) In the meantime, I'll pop in too when i get the chance to post. Take care and cogratulationssssssssssssssssss on the super weight loss Your doing great, don't let anything get in your way!!!!! keep up the awesome work
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I didn't know what from Hummers to Humminbirds meant. I am going to look for it now.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #4  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Afternoon Jackie, I am just starting back on this journey and love the Hummers to Hummingbird line, very cute. I have a long way to go so I would love to join you on your thread as I kind of get lost in larger threads any ways and then I can get to know other as more join. Kudos for staying away from the yummies and your version of the "turtle sundae" was defininately a smarter choice. I work nights so my times of posting will vary greatly at times though I love being on the computer, now to figure out how to mount this thing on my gazelle heehee. hoping your day is better.
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #5  

Smile Thanks!

Hi!

Thank you so very much for the replies, it is much appreciated! I normally try to be up beat, but "TOM" is just around the corner, so this is probably why I'm so sensitive now. FullSteamAhead: I do agree with you that the boards are a bit slower in the summertime. It's kind of funny though, I'm getting email updates from other threads, but they don't really pertain to weight as much. The two that are the most popular now are game word association and a story line one. I'm really getting sick & tired of getting these updates though. Now, getting back to me and my thread: Thank you so much for the encouraging words. Also, thank you for the invite to your thread. I'll have to pop on over and check it out when I get done responding to everyone here. Bargoo: Thanks for going on over to check out my thread. I'll tell you where I came up with the name From Hummers to Hummingbirds. I thought that it would be a "catchy" name, but it seems to be doing the opposite. So here goes the explanation to the thread name: You've all heard & seen the big "Hummer" vehicles on the road, haven't you? Those big tanks that seem to rule the road and if you don't watch out, you'll get squashed by one of them?!? Well, that's kind of what I fealt like when I started this journey about a month ago.
Now that I have lost 10#, I'm feeling a little bit less of a "Hummer". Now, of course, everyone knows what a "Hummingbird" is: Those tiny little "lightweight" birds that fly around with such grace! They can go forwards & backwards at just about the speed of sound! Even though they are so tiny, they are beautiful to watch. Well, I'm just waiting and dreaming of the day that I can carry myself with such grace! Also, my mom passed away in Feb. and she loved Hummingbirds! So, I kind of dedicated the name in memory of my Mom. I thought that she would be proud of that. (And so proud of me if I reach my long-time weightloss goal!) I guess this sums it up in a big nutshell, doesen't it? I look forward to seeing you at my thread. Flawlesscube/Anna:I'm glad that you like the thread name. You are more than welcome to come join the thread! Another person & I started this thread. Her name is "Jolly Molly" and she is in the process of moving right now, so she'll be back at a later time. I agree with you on the larger threads, I tend to get somewhat lost posting with them. I'm the kind of person that wants to respond to everyone and it would take me forever to answer everyone! I got a kick out of your humor about mounting your computer to the Gazelle! About 5 years back, I was talented enough to mount a keyboard to my recumbent bike. I was able to type & pedal at the same time. Sometimes I'd be surfing the web and posting for nearly 2 hours and when it was time to stop peddlin' and get off the bike, it was like getting off a horse! I could hardly walk, as my knees were locked in the "pedal" position. Well, I believe that I responded to all of you. If you have the time, come check out my "Hummers" thread. Take Care everyone and thanks again!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-29-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Freckles, I'm sorry you haven't had the response you had hoped for. I just wanted to mention that you might get more support participating on a thread that already exists instead of creating a new thread. There are already soooo many similar threads that many of us may not have time to join a new one. Just a suggestion. You may get enough responses to make it worth creating a new thread. I thought the title was cute by the way, it didn't turn me off, but I don't have time to post to a new thread, since there are several that I already (try to find time to) post to. I suspect that is the case with other folks out here as well.

Good luck on your journey!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #7  

Default Thanks, Tammy!

Thanks Tammy, that may be the case! We'll try keeping this thread open and if no success, I'll join another existing thread.

I just found an interesting website on weightloss, here it is: www.weightlossforall.com is the main website, an interesting addition to this website is at the following address: www.weightlossforall.com/fat-cell-numbers.htm CHECK IT OUT, IT'S INTERESTING!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #8  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey, don't feel bad! I know I have had some dud threads myself LOL. Personally, I just didn't join because I know myself, and I probably wouldn't post. I am already in 3 other challenge threads, and I dont' even post on one of them anymore. I just forget which ones I join LOL. So it is nothing personal at all! We ARE here for you chickie!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #9  

Default Thanks, Sockmonkey70!

Thank you for your response. I decided not to take this situation too personal.
I'm actually feeling better today, so hopefully it was a little bit of PMS bothering me! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE corresponding with everyone, but I'm not as lonely today. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!