Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Heres an idea, tell her about the challenge and I'm sure she'll understand! Maybe you could do something other than going out to eat???
It is just a coupon, there will be more, right?
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #122  

Haha, sounds so simple.... Or I could decline tonight and just put it off and put it off and hopefully it will expire! Am I trying too hard to get out of this without being straightforward? I guess part of my issue is justifying it. I haven't told her about trying to get healthy. She asked if I wanted to go to Chipotle one night and I said no because there's like 1000 cals in each burrito, and she just looked at me weird and said, 'well who cares?' So I don't really think she'd understand... Maybe that's my real problem with this....

Gaahh...
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #123  

You just have to do whats right for you! Go with your gut instinct, if you want to sabotage your challenge and new lifestyle than go for dinner, if you don't then kindly say no thank-you but I'd love to go and (fill in black here) with you so we can spend some time together.
Let me know what you decide!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by britomart View Post
She asked if I wanted to go to Chipotle one night and I said no because there's like 1000 cals in each burrito, and she just looked at me weird and said, 'well who cares?'
Gaahh...

You could alway say that it is YOU that cares!!

Oh boy, sounds like I'm picking on you now! LOL! Sorry about that, I'm just trying to persuade you into doing what I really think you'd like to do, lose weight!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #125  

Haha...... no, you're right! I know you're not picking on me, it's called "tough love" I looked online and even a salad at IHOP has like 50g fat (that's with only 1/2 tbsp dressing). Jeez. I guess there's nothing to do but suggest an alternate course of action...
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #126  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

You have to do what is good for YOU...if she is really a good friend, she will understand and be happy for you that you are trying to make this positive lifestyle change. It's easier said than done, I know
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #127  

I'm proud of you !!! You can do this !!!
As a last resort if you do decide to go eat maybe try and have white vineger on your salad instead of their dressing! Ok ya, I know vineger, please...what are you thinking, thats for washing windows!! I used vinegar all the time and I love it! LOL!
Old 02-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hey Brit,

People asking me to go out is my biggest downfall too. I understand your struggle. The other night I went to a happy hour with my friends and watched them all eat burgers and down 3 beers. I had decaf coffee (lame, i know !) but it wasn't worth the calories to me. It seemed to make people uncomfortable that they were eating and drinking in front of me, and I wasn't having anything...

But sometimes a girl has gotta do what a girl has gotta do! i don't have much advice to give... if it were me, I'd go to iHop, eat whatever I wanted, and then feel terrible about it for the next three days. I suggest you go with a different option
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #129  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Hi, I haven't posted since before the start of the challenge. I am giving stuff I have formed a habit of eating on the weekend. I am just used to eating...almost mindless so week is the big deal and when I do my food shopping Wednesday.

NO applebees
No Scallops in Bacon
No snacks at borders
no beef
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #130  

Ok so all I have to do yet today is an ab routine and some stretching and theres another day done!!!
Thanks Courtnie, this has helped me get out of my slump!!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #131  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
I've come to the realization that by the last day of Lent, I will be either the crankiest I've ever been or the most at peace. It's too soon to tell which]
exactly what I've been thinking.

I did slip up a bit today, I had a small Hi-C and a couple fries from my youngest at their reward dinner after school today. But other than that I did alright. everything else has been turkey, baked cow and so forth from home and water water and more water.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Count me in as well--I need to give up completely diets soft drinks and the artificial sweetner. I have diet drinks at work but will try and give it away.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #133  

mkat321 -- Does it count if it wasn't "yours"?

I guess that's what got me in trouble in the first place -- finishing the kid's food, snacks, etc.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #134  

Oh ya for sure that gets you in trouble when you finish off the kids left overs! I'm so guilty of that! LOL! I don't do it anymore but it bothers me to no end when I have to chuck food in the garbage.
So I got the ab workout in and the stretching so now I feel like I could just go out dancing but my bed is calling me so thats where I'm headed.

Oh ya, before I forget, I'd like to put out an invitation for you all to join us on the new Beat the Bulge game that starts on Monday Feb 26.
Heres the jist of it and if you are interested in joining in just click the link!
Heres the "RULES":
Exercise
2 Points for every half hour of exercise
*HALF points are allowed*

Water
1 point for every 1/4 gallon/1 litre/32 oz.

Meals
2 points for every healthy meal (max 3 meals a day)
*yes, some of us eat more than 3 meals a day but they will be considered snacks after the first 3!

Snacks
1 point for every healthy snack

1 point for not eating anything after 8:30 PM

Minus Points

-deduct 2 points for every unhealthy meal
-deduct 1 point for every unhealthy snack

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103300
Old 02-24-2007, 02:32 AM   #135  
I Can Do This!

S/C/G: 307/300/160

Height: 5'6.5''

Red face 3 Days Down and 37 to GO!!!

I've done really well -- haven't cheated at all! But I must confess, it's little hard. For instance, I wanted to go to the movies today but I didn't go because I didn't believe I could actually go to the movie theatre and not have popcorn with lots of butter -- I love popcorn!

I'm not sure how Ill feel in the next couple of weeks but I just couldn't do it today so I passed on the movie. I drank at least 83 ounces of water today!!! My goal is 100 ounces a day -- keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure I will make my water requirement tomorrow.
pritijbig is offline   Reply With Quote