Old 02-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #16  

I love this idea! I've always watched people give up food for lent, and it made me wish I was religious (weird, huh?).

I LOVE your ideas... Giving up Laziness and giving up anything with Keebler elves on it made me laugh

Okay. Mine will be eating out and ordering in. This will be tough, as I usually go out or order in once or twice a week with a friend... But I don't have the money for it AND I can never stick to healthy choices. (Neither my wallet nor my waistline can afford it!)

So, I'm giving up all natures of fast food, take-out, and restaurant eating.

Oh dear, this is going to be a challenge......!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Yes, this is going to be very difficult or all of us, good thing we have each other for support!!
Catch ya all tomorrow, good luck everyone!!!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #18  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Red face

Ah I actually joined the 21 day challenge for this, but no cooking beef at home (I still have a few beef lean cuisines but too poor to buy something different) .

No applebees.
No scallops
No snacks at borders.

I can eat all of this, but they have become habits I would like to break. So here goes.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by britomart View Post
I LOVE your ideas... Giving up Laziness and giving up anything with Keebler elves on it made me laugh

LMAO! Ya, I know it seems kinda funny to have someone say they want to give up being lazy but for me it's so true, I just can't get motoivated to do anything pertaining to having a healthy lifestyle such as exercise! I do exercise but not as much as I feel I should and thats where the laziness comes in. This will be me tomorrow:
Old 02-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #20  

Okay, so how many people are sneaking in their "give ups" today? How sad are we!! Good luck to everyone tomorrow -- we can do this -- it will just show us how tough we are!!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh I'm definitely drinking a bottle of Dr. Pepper right now, and had Doritos for lunch. And am thinking of going to McDonald's. I doubt I'll go though. I'm not even hungry, and I already feel disgusting from the pop and Doritos...LOL, I'm so pathetic
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #22  
Starting Fresh

I had a diet coke with lunch (went for sushi, mmmm) and I got a small bottle on my desk for the rest of the day! haha

and then I bought a new hair dryer! I had to blow dry my hair this morning with a COLD blow dryer... it was HORRIBLE!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #23  

I am going to give up fast food, especially Quiznos, I am in college and it is just too easy to eat out. I never stay on my diet when I eat out (and its expensive) Good Luck everyone with your "Lent Challenge".
fat n fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Mind if I join in on the Challenge?

I thought about giving up fast food, but I rarely get it so, I guess I should bite the bullet and give up what is truely my achilles heel:

I give up desserts And with all that wonderful easter candy coming out SO HARD

I'm going to add in exercise: 6 days a week.

I will miss my desserts
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #25  

I'm not sneaking in my give-up today It would just make me want it again tomorrow, and might as well start off on the right foot! I have a nice dinner of tilapia, broccoli, and roasted sweet potato planned.... No need to go ruin it with a 10pc chicken nugget and large fries

welcome Amber! I think the point of Lent fasting is to give up something that will truly be difficult for you... Giving up something easy isn't worth it! Hmm... maybe I should give up cucumbers.... That'd be easy, I hate cucumbers!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

How perfect!! I've been needing something to jumpstart my motivation. I had done so well for a year, but now it seems like something is different. I've been mired in the depths of apathy.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to maintain a raw food diet (maybe with occasionally cooked veggies on second thought), which also means no meat for me. I've tried the vegetarian thing before, but could only last a week. I know it's healthier to have a "balanced" diet, but I think there are enough fruits and veggies out there to last 40 days. Ooh, I'm running low on vitamins; I will definitely need to pick some up tomorrow.

I've been slacking on my working out as of late, but I'll make eating my focus since I tend to feel more motivated to work out when I'm eating healthier.

Thank you for starting this thread!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #27  
Starting Fresh

I forget to mention that in Lent they generlly take Sunday's off. But I am going to go right thru and take no days off (so this actually makes it MORE then 40 days) - but anyway, if you want to take Sundays off that is up to you (some of you doing exercise challenges might need that).

Old 02-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #28  

I never thought of that Courtnie but I'm going to stick to it and get my SI6 stretching and some yoga booty ballet done on those days and the ab routine from SI6 to I suppose.
I'm going to be one REALLY sore gal by Thursday! LOL!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #29  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I'm in! I have decided to give up diet sodas. I am drinking my last diet coke right know!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #30  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollypie View Post
Okay I'm in! I have decided to give up diet sodas. I am drinking my last diet coke right know!
yay someone else who will feel my pain! haha
but I have extended mine to all artifical sweenter and anything containing it