Old 01-01-2007, 08:21 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up New Year/New You: END OF CHALLENGE!

Good morning and Happy New Year, chickadees! I hope 2007 is a prosperous, healthy, happy year for each and every one of you.

I am so inspired by you all... the posts on last week's chat thread were so amazing... and truly a testament to the old adage of "strength in numbers." You are a formidable, smart, sassy and intelligent bunch of ladies, and I thank G-d I found you. Truly, discovering this gang is one of the best things to happen to me in 2006, and I'm not just saying that - I really do mean it. I have been "out of the loop" for the past few days (you'll read all about it in a minute, below), but catching up on everyone's posts has given me new drive and new strength... and I thank each and every one of you for that. It's been rough lately, for both myself and some others, and reading the lovely and inspiring posts from you girls has finally bumped me out of my doldrum. Thank you... and thank you again.

Today is the end of our challenge! I am up at my dad's girlfriend's place with DH and the dog at the moment, and so for the time being, I am safe from Mr. Scale - but I will weigh in when I get home.

So... how did everyone do? What did you accomplish this month? Remember - successes do not always come in the form of numbers on the scale. (Someone please keep reminding ME of that!)

*~*~*~*~*

In other, unrelated news - I am pleased to report that DH and I bought a house! I didn't want to say anything to you girls because I didn't want to jinx myself (silly superstitious Suz), but on Saturday we went to go look at the house we've been eyeing for the past few months, we loved it, and we put in an offer on it that day. Yesterday, we got the phone call that they accepted our offer! I'm so happy that I feel like I could jump over the moon - and so nervous! I've been dreaming of this for so long that now that it's coming true, I don't know what to do about it! We go to settlement January 30 - eeeee!

*~*~*~*~*

I will get the next W.O.W. challenge up and running tomorrow, since today's the final day of the New Year/New You challenge. Aud - I really liked that one thing you said in your post about "getting your groove back," and so I think I'm going to take a cue from that and Ms. Robin's awesome groove and call the challenge "W.O.W. - Get Your Groove On Challenge" - the goal end date will stay the same, Valentine's Day on Feb. 14, but with our different challenge name, we won't tread on the toes of the other Valentine's Day Challenge. It'll be a weight goal challenge, same as always, since we do really well with those... and I think we can use this new challenge to really focus on motivation and getting back into the awesomeness of healthy habits now that Holiday **** is behind us.

What say you all?

Looking forward to hearing back from you all with your reflections on the past month.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Just wanna type: over and over and over to you ALL!

But will stop now so no one has to call The Cyber Emoticon Patrol!

Yes, last week's Chat Posts were particularly awesome and struck a chord deep within me. This Group has been LIFE-CHANGING for me. Literally life-changing and I can't thank you all enuf-one more-this is it: Just hoping I've been 1/10 as inspirational & motivational to you!

I LOVE WEED!

I LOVE WEED!

Not only did I spot that I was getting nowhere NEAR the h20 I need, but also Intentional Exercise-lack thereof-GLARED at me! I discovered the joy of Pilates thru you, my new Cyber Buds and am looking forward to really practicing and perfecting this practice in 2007. Yeppers--actually looking forward to exercise - how amazing is THAT?

Yes, I do better when ultimately focussing on a weight loss goal at this point . . . but what's also awesome about our group is that we also focus on just plain ole getting healthier and fitter, you know? Small changes are celebrated here with us - and the "bright side" accentuated when we hit a wall.

OK - gotta go for it one more time: Happy New Year WOW gals-- . . . CYA for some serious Hoodie Hoo'ing!!!!

(And congrats on the House rowdyb!!! )
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Talking

I LOVE YOU GUYS!.....okay that's all I can think of to say right now! See you in the next challenge!

Congratulations Suz !

W.O.W forever!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I simply can not believe another one of our challenges is done. Where has the time flown? I feel so, so fortunate to have run into a group of fine ladies such as yourselves. Right here on the internet. Amazing, simply amazing. I thank each and every one of you for all that you contribute day in and day out to this group. We keep doing this long enough this is going to have to be a MAINTAINING challenge, works for me. .

And a special shout out to our fearless leader Miss Rowdybliss . You are like an angel sent down from the heavens to guard over us. What an incredible job you do leading this team. In good health and unfortunately a couple of times in not the best of health. Through struggles and successes alike. CONGRATUALATIONS!!!on the upcoming puchase of your home. What an incredible asset you are going to be to that neighborhood!

Well, now that I've dabbed my eyes a bit I can go on. I started this challenge on November 26 weighing 232 big ones. I set myself up for a goal of about 2 1/2 lbs per week to be bring me to 220 lbs. I stepped on the scale this morning, Monday just happens to be my weigh in day and it gave me a really nice reading of TWO HUNDRED TEN POUNDS. Which is 6 1/2 down from last Monday. I knew I had a nice number coming, my clothes were somewhat looser this weekend. I also upped my water intake last week, upped my exercising and trimmed my calories a bit. Like I said in an earlier post, I am like a woman POSSESSED. My family has been calling me the food **** lately. But like I've said earlier I truly believe I am fighting for my life. And losiing IS NOT AN OPTION. Still not sure why I didn't wake up from this nightmare and deal with my weight earlier, but what's done is done. If you notice my quote in my signature it kinda says it all and of course that quote was passed onto me by none other then Rowdybliss, just another thing I have to thank you for. So ummm, THANK YOU.

I am really and truly looking forward to the next challenge. As far as I'm concerned one can not have too much WEED. Hoping we can all get our groove on together and be very, very successful.

And here's to the year 2007. May it bring us joy, peace, prosperity and phenomenal health. And the wherewithall to reach our dreams and goals.

Love ya all!!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #5  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Congrats to all of you

If possible, I would like to join the next challenge. If there are any rules and such, just lead me the way and I shall follow.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

JennyWenny - WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU. Everyone is welcome. Like Rowdybliss said she'll get the next challenge up and running tomorrow. We kind of post our WEED for the day W being water, E being Eats, E being Exercise and D being our daily goals either, food, exercise, work, housework or whatever related. Sometimes the D is just getting past the WEE, We just state our current weights and our end of challenge goals. And we are very much about healthy changes, regardless of the scale, whether it be food wise or exercise wise. And making good choices. And supporting one in another is our successes and struggles as well. It'll be great to have you on board!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Suz Congrats on the new House!!!!!!!

I have never been able to keep up with any of my weight loss endeavors for longer than 6 weeks tops. Thanks to you ladies (as well as 3fc) I am headed for my 5th month. I look forward to sharing my losses (and gains ) with all of you. I love our Group and I love WEED!!!
Robin!!!!OMG I cant believe you!! Onderland here you come!!!!!!!!!!

JennyWenny Welcome to the group, you won't find any finer ladies and sources of inspiration than the ladies who have posted above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is my last day of craziness. Life gets back to normal on WED!!! I am so excited! As promised I have gotten back OP today. I think I will end up eating 1400 calories by the end of the day, but I laid off the sugar and coffee today. I am hoping to get in 15 minutes on my bike here in a little bit. I will see you all on the Thread tomorrow.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #8  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Thumbs up

Good morning, ladies!

Jeez... I just re-read this thread and am excited and motivated all over again... in addition to being deeply touched by the kindness and caring that has developed here. You are all so very awesome.

I have put up the new thread! The next W.O.W. Challenge is underway! Just wanted to let you all know since I put it up very early this morning and still don't have any takers, and I don't want it to get buried under other threads.

I am PSYCHED!!!

RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote