Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #31  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok Day 3 no binge. Last night hubby wanted to go grab a late night snack (fast food) I abstained, ate some protein and put on my crest white strips, yay score one for the home team!

sweat pea - You know walking at all is better than none...your right it IS a step in the right direction. And no binge is good even if your eating was bad. Its half the battle right?

kate - I wonder if there is something behind your non weight loss. Would be good to know. Hope everything goes well. BTW your quotes are hilarious!

Miss CHris - Welcome A fellow Yogi

whirley - Oh my gosh, no to chocolate you really are a super woman I don't know if I could have done it.

moonbeam - Three nights in a row is quite an accomplishment. I am on day 3 myself and I know how hard it is. DONT SABOTAGE your weight loss..just think everytime you eat you want to remain the 157 lb diva that you are!

telemetry nurse - You think maybe there is something up with your scale? haha you said erectile dysfunction - sorry kindergartener in me lol.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #32  

Great job everyone! And to all who are struggling, just hang in there. Just look at every day as a new opportunity to get it right.

I'm still binge free, even after a pizza buffet on Tuesday. Of course, I did eat copious amounts of salad from the bar, but I'll take that over a pizza binge any day. It seems I'm having to face those demons several times a day, y'know, that little voice saying it's okay, you've been good, or a little bit won't hurt. But we all know that it will hurt, so I've been doing what I can to stay in control and stick to my committment.

Good luck everyone, we can do this!!

Beverly
Old 08-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #33  
Detangler

whew. today was binge-free day one, after a TERRIBLE beginning of the week. the scariest part is that i started thinking about anorexia and how COE started right when i ended that last. and it's too tempting, almost worse than bingeing.

it's weird that breakfast is so definitive in how my day will go. if i wake up hating myself and in a 'restricting mood' i won't eat breakfast but i will think about food ALL DAY. if i wake up not caring at all and just wanting to cram food in my mouth, i eat a disgusting breakfast and will continue to eat disgusting food ALL DAY. but here's the beauty: if i wake up so concentrated on my goal that i eat a good, healthy, filling breakfast, i'll have a successful day ALL DAY.

breakfast is the biggest battle of the whole day for me.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

Knot I wish you a happy, healthy breakfast tomorrow.
I love my morning meals - I plan them in advance and buy healthy foods once a week for breakfast.
Evenings are my enemies. I almost did not survive tonight. Ate too much chicken but was able to stop my thinking about plums, pears, and nectarines I bought tonight. Yes, I binge on healthy foods... the result is the same - stomach pain, bloating, headache, hating myself and swearing never again...
Old 08-24-2006, 11:44 PM   #35  

Hey y'all! I know it's kind of late in the week to be signing up, but is there room for one more person on this wagon? I've been off of it for a while, but I'm really trying to get up some motivation to get myself in shape again. And you people are very motivating.

I've been binge-free since Tuesday. I know that's only two days, but it's a start, right? And after tomorrow, that'll be three. (Three! Ah Ah Ah!)

Um.. sorry. I was watching Sesame Street this morning.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:52 AM   #36  

tami. jump right in

i walked today and did a little dancing yday (only a few minutes) so the exercise is starting to happen

so far eating is good today. quite a lot of calories but no bingeing (so far)
Old 08-25-2006, 06:26 AM   #37  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning everybody!

_knot: Hope you had a good breakfast and a good start in the new day! Itīs quite the same for me: if I oversleep or eat crap for breakfast, I have the tendency to act like "Oh, now everything is ruined! The day is in the closet!!!!"

tamibeep
Watching Sesame Street is always good!

Elizabeth: Ok, you activated it:
Person enters the room from the right, looks around, starts to scream:
First person: A MONSTER!!!AAAHHH; THE SCALE MONSTER IS THERE!!!
Person starts running around, still screaming
Second person enters the room:
Second person: Oh my god, itīs a full blown Scalius horribilis. Someone has woken up THE MONSTER!
First person (still very frightened): Oh, is there something we could do?? I am so scared!! A poison, a weapon??
Second person: Unfortunately there is only one weapon existig on earth which is able to kill the scale monster. And this weapon is horrible hard to use...only the toughest heros are able to use it.
Frist person: Oh my god, what is that??
Second person: Itīs is.....are you sure you could handle the information??
First person: Yes..
Second peson: Ignorance. Not weighing yourself for a couple of weeks even if you are on a diet.
First person: Oh!!! Thatīs horrible!!
Both persons leave the stage, both silent and lost in their thoughts

I am binge free, but I had severe carvings yesterday. A bad mix from not feeling to well, quitting to smoke and issues with my mother.
And I set myself a deadline (Friday next week) for two works I have to finish (a long article and a website). But at the moment, I really have problems with STARTING the work. My brain is terrible cloudy these days....

Hope everyone is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 08-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #38  

Kate, it will get better. Your joke are hilarious.
Binge-free again but really, really hungry with a lot of cravings not for food, but for feeling stuffed and comforted by it. TOM is here. Can't move because it hurts. How do you handle TOM and cravings?
Advise?
Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #39  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Kate you are Hillarious!!....

OK this week has sucked SOOOO bad!!! I not only fell OFF the wagon but I was dragged a few miles and fell off into a lake filled with baked goodies (darn kids and their mommy made after school snacks!) I haven't gained any weight but my bet is its because I am losing muscles and replacing it with fat ! Sunday is MY DAY though I WILL GET CONTROL! I WILL climb out of the baked goods lake and brush off all the crumbs and walk my way back to the wagon starting Monday! So if you see a tiny lil speck behind the wagon then cheer me on cuz I will be back there fighting my way back!!

WaY To Go EvErYoNe on being binge free!!! and Kate you rock with being smoke free!! Everyone in my family (mom, dad, 1 sis and 3 bros) smoke and I vowed to myself I would NEVER start. I am 29 now and have never touched any kind of smoking NEVER
Old 08-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #40  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok officially 4 days binge free and doing the happy dance. This is my record! Funny how not bingeing is also going hand in hand with working out like a crazy woman everyday. Its like eating right makes me want to workout, or working out makes me want to eat right. Whatever it is I will take it!

bev - Your right it WILL hurt, excellent on just saying no to that pizza buffet!

knot - You know what you have found out about breakfast is so true. There have been numerous studies done showing the importance of a healthy brekkie and the effect it has on the rest of your eating.

moon - At least it was chicken and not pizza. Sounds like you are still doing pretty well though...I am awful at handling TOM and cravings so no good advice except that cardio really does make it feel better...that is if you can move.

tamibeep - Welcome Two days is not just a start, it is an accomplishment!

sweat pea - Yay you on getting the exercise in. I find it is so much easier when you break it up throughout the day and just do it!

Kate - you crack me up girlie! Your a writer? COngrats on being binge free yet again!

sharon - The baked goods lake haha, priceless I know you will get back on the wagon we all fall off every once in a while.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #41  
Searching

Afternoon everyone!

Last night was a little tricky, I didn't even know that I wanted to eat all the stressors of the day away until I was actually sitting down to dinner. So I put in about 300 calories over yesterday evening. I had **** about 2 hours after dinner. I am just letting myself get too tired, and then I eat something to stay awake. I wouldn't call it a binge, I remember that. Been a long time since I stood in the kitchen with a spoon in hand and ate everything I could and hoped no one would notice.

Today is stress city I am trying to get everything ready for the move and that meanns cancelling things. I also feel the need to put in my two cents. After going to the Yoga Center for a couple of years I had to tell my gym off about how their Yoga class sucked!!!! So I have paid for the gym and seperately to go to the Yoga cent Blech.

Stephi- 4 days! Yeah! You your heart away girl! Do you do any fluid movement Yoga beyond Sun Sulate? When I have more time I will tell you about my dance teacher.

Bev- I so know you can. Your one of the strongest people I know!!!

knot- I love breakfast! It helps me too, and going from restricting to COA is pretty common so no worries. Its easier to live in the next five minutes than it is to worry about the implications of the future. God bless and be gentle to yourself!

Tami- everyday is a good day to stop binging

Kate- interesting Great job on the quitting smoking

moon- try pickles, and then imagine the pickle paired with whatever you want. the 5 cal pickle has saved me from ******** more than once

Lea- Try to stay in the now and not get caught up in the planning for the future. Sometimes the best gift we can give ourselves is the realization that we are doing okay, and food isn't effecting this moment. Peace.

elizabeth- Thank you, your words were very kind

Okay I got to motor so if I missed anyone I am sorry, but my son is already going to be all scowly that we have to go to the Post Office and I am late.

ODAT
Miss Chris
Old 08-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #42  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Uhhhhhh....I am near a full blown binge...what happened until now could be a called a "I will be a full blown binge I am grown up".
I just wrote it in my food journal and it was not as much (and as bad) as it feels, but I have to stop NOW- and start new tomorrow.

I am a bit stressed because I feel sad and desperately need someone to be a mother for me- but my mother is just on deep in her hypochondric phase...She had unspecified pain, lend (!!! from my cousin) some painkillers, got allergic, didnīt listen to me, didnīt want to wait in hospital to get treatment, took the painkillers again, got allergic again....Today itīs pain in the lower back/ leg (Ischias). She was just about to put my healthy- helps when coughing sachet in the microwave, but I was able to stop her until our kitchen started burning....
In the last weeks she was convinced that she had colon cancer (wrong), throat cancer (wrong), a brain tumor (wrong), a heart disease (wrong) and that she would die whilst sleeping because she is snorring that much....And I hae to deal with that. Like having my mother standing in front of my bed at night, saying "Oh, I am so dizzy, I couldnīt sleep, maybe I have cancer!" or like hearing things like "My eczema looks really bad- hear, have a look" at the breakfast table.

Take that, add my nicotin detox and my disapointment about not losing weight....and you get a binge- shake.
But I am ot giving in!! Iīll stay at the binge free thread. And tomorrow will be a real binge free day, not just good willing binge free!

(Sorry for that long post!!)

Kate
Old 08-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #43  

Red face fresh start for me

yday was good. i didn't binge altho i did have quite a high calorie count. i don't care i just wanted moderation
BUT now i need to actually trying to cut back the weight. i am incredibly run down and i have to move this along. i've started with some exercise. and yday i bought a fresh vege juice and some other "healthy" stuff. i want to spend a week eating healthier and see if i feel better

i tried to weigh myself this morning but i think kate slayed the scale monster. the darn things don't work. flat battery maybe??? only trouble is i can't see an easy way to open it and put new batteries in. i mean the weight is not the major thing i want to feel better. BUT the scales are a handy way to see if you're on track

i DO want to lose weight. i want to get back on TV and i want to feel healthy. i need to lose weight before i try to pitch for a show darn
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate109 View Post
Uhhhhhh....I am near a full blown binge...what happened until now could be a called a "I will be a full blown binge I am grown up".
That was hilarious!!! I definitely have days (weeks and months) like that

kate i can not believe how similar we are. i have the same issue with needing mothering but my own mother is totally caught up in her own world. has been my whole life. and she is a danger to herself and others. i think sometimes about getting her compulsorily treated but she'd never forgive me. kate does your mum live with you? feel free to PM me if you want to talk via email or msn...

and yes i fully understand the nicotine withdrawal adding to the problems. you've done superwell sticking to it. honestly stop beating yourself up for eating. you are trying to stop 2 big demons at the same time. so for now you have 1 that you've stopped and the other is touch and go but you'll get there
~~~~~~~~~~
rochem - does the yoga help with your stress mgmt. lots of people tell me to do it but i always think it's soooooo boring
~~~~~~~~~~
stephie - 4 days is great
~~~~~~~~~~
LeaLee - hehe you're funny too. dragged into a great big lake of baked things. boy i know that one. mine is full of sugary or carb type things
~~~~~~~~~~
moon - hmmmm TOM and cravings is hard. i've heard some people eat fresh oranges to keep the sugar. also iron tablets because you are losing blood from your system. the other thing people always recommend is evening primrose oil pills or flaxseed oil. otherwise keep hanging touch
Old 08-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #44  

Thank you stephie, sweat pea and rochemist! I take iron pills, I hate pickles, and I love oranges.
I can't move b/c of pain. I am going for a slow walk. Another trick I am going to use tonight is to get in my bedroom upstears, brush my teeth, and NEVER go downstairs to the kitchen. No, No, No!!!
Wow, everybody is doing great.
Kate, I have not talked to my mom for two months. She demands that I mother her and attend to her illnesses. She never asks about me, never any kind words, only demands and complaints and I am a bad daughter.
Hang in there, ignore it, don't feed her complaints with your attention. It comes down to attention, really.
I pray to survive this night. If I do, I will join stephie in her dance!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #45  

i ate bad. went out and there was free food being given away outside a shop i walked past. UNHEALTHY FATTY food. of course i grabbed it...

moon- is that time of the mth pain? you could try http://altmedicine.about.com/ which has natural therapies. it might have some other suggestions. if it were me i'd go to bed or wallow in a hot bath
Closed Thread