Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

My skinny capris fit again!!!!! I am so happpyyy!!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenElizabeth
My skinny capris fit again!!!!! I am so happpyyy!!
Wow. Awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #63  

Quote:
I was running and I got really far behind the other girls and then 2 guys in my grade from the boys team were running and I tried so hard to stay in front of them but eventually they ran past me and one of them said "Our excuse is that we got lost!" I was angry so I told him to shut up.
What absolute IDIOTS. You, on the other hand, have a great attitude. You should be proud of yourself. That is why one day you will be the one running circles around them...one way or another. (Probably in many ways.)
Old 07-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #64  

Thank you mythreetots it helps for you to say that. I feel much better about it today.
I am trying to learn to let things roll off my back and move on. (It didn't hurt that my friends and teammates went after the 2 boys yellling at them when they denied it--it was nice to know they cared -even the ones who I had just met were so kind about it.)
Old 07-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #65  

Quote:
Kristie, Its so cool that you are doing Tae Kwon Do I always wanted to do that it looks awesome.
I am working on my fitness goals and I am tryign to get involved this year in running and next year cheering but who knows what will happen
I am really like the Tae Kwon Do!! I just can't seem to get the eating down pat.... I LOVE to eat and I guess we all do... I tend to eat so much that I feel just horrible and then I go and throw it up and then I feel great like it was an accomplishment or something... I know that sounds just horrible and it is!!!! It's like I feel thinner if I throw up something I eat.. No matter what it is.. I have tried so hard to stop throwing things that I eat up but gosh it is soo hard and I am so thankful to have found you all so I can talk about all this.. I am sorry I haven't been around for a few days.. My birthday was Sunday and My mom was visiting from Florida so I was kinda on the go..
Old 07-12-2006, 03:51 AM   #66  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

Kristie
Happy Birthday, hope you had a good time on your special day. Tae Kwon Do looks so fun and great exercise but I know this old body couldn't do it lol. Don't be to hard on yourself
Old 07-12-2006, 04:18 AM   #67  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hola Amigas!

How are we doing? I know I've been MIA. Been so darn busy working and trying to get errands done...........blahhhhhh.

Been bad lately. BUT we went to the store and I bought some Oven Roasted Turkey from the deli and we also got some salad. So I plan on bringing that to work INSTEAD of eating out! I am going to try this new plan for this week and see how it goes. IF I have to eat out, then its gotta be a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich minus the crapola they put on it. Chicken wrap would be even better. I NEED to do this.

I am going to do this a week at a time. I do not do well with too much at once. So baby steps here. I bought a Walking Away The Pounds (WATP) DVD, well its not that exact one, but its one like it. Same concept. Haven't tried it yet. But we did get out and about today car shopping but hopefully later on today I will get to try it out.

So I hope you all are doing well! to those who may need it!

Is it okay if I ask a question here?

*What is your favorite Healthy Snack?* I REALLY need help with this as I'm a diabetic and I need to begin eating several SMALL meals a day..............TY TY!

We CAN do this without binging!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #68  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

Sassy Chick I'm diabetic,

For snacks, I like fruit esp. apples. Though being diabetic we have to watch how much fruit we have. I like bananas but were only suppose to have 1/2 at a time, I usually eat the whole one. I like to keep raw veggies in the fridge ready to grab instead of junk If you want something sweet Diet jello, diet popsicles. I know there is more but I'm tired and can't think to well.

I also love whipped skim milk with some flavoring. You put about 6 oz of skim milk in a glass that will hold at least twice that amount. Put it in the freezer for 20 min. Then use one of those hand blenders that fit in to a glass and whip it up. I then add a extract, my favorites are vanilla, almond or strawberry about 1 tsp, or whatever tastes good to you. It is like whipped cream and you only have the calories of milk. You do have to eat it right away otherwise it slowly returns back to milk. I find it sweet enough by itself but you could add some Splenda.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:55 AM   #69  
~Believe~

Cool, thanks Christine!

I want to do better because I can tell when I am bad. It really affects me.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #70  

Kristie
I am glad Tae Kwon Do is working out for you
If the throwing up is getting out of hand and you want to stop and can't maybe talking to your doctor would be a good idea because this could lead to an eating disorder, and even if it doesn't you could damge your teeth enamel and you won't have enough nutrients in your body. Try to resist I know its hard I used laxatives for a little while then stopped when Harpo told me how bad they were. I learned its ok to eat and enjoy the food and keep it in your body. We are always here to talk though and god luck
Old 07-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #71  

P.s.

Happy Birthday Kristiee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #72  

Height: 5'-2"

Kristen, what a horrible experience you had. I'm so sorry, sweetie. You know, when I was in high school, I was MISERABLE at most sports. The only thing I liked was track and field, because it wasn't a team sport.
Team sports... I remember all through primary school... when the kids would pick team members, I was always the last one to be chosen. No one wanted me because I was couldn't hit the ball. Talk about building character! I built enough character for about 16 people!
I wasn't a fast runner, either, but I loved it. It was discouraging not being as fast as the others, but it was still something I could do, you know? I continued to run (on my own) all through college. There was no more competition... I no longer had to compare myself to anyone else.
So remember... you're building massive amounts of character, and you're going to way ahead of the pack one day.

Kristie, a belated Happy Birthday to you!
That's so cool that you're doing Tae Kwan Do! That's something I'd love to try at some point.

Sassy... favourite healthy snacks, eh? I do like popcorn. And Ryvita or Wasa crispbread with organic peanut butter.
Actually, if you like crispbread (I know some people hate it... you have to let it grow on you), there are some great ideas on their site... http://us.wasa.com/wasa/smpage.fwx?p...petizing_Ideas

Thanks for the hugs, Scooter... back at you...

I hope everyone is hanging in there...
Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #73  
~Believe~

Thanks Ellis. Popcorn...........I've been wanting some, but I think I would like to try it on my own at home. Not the microwave kind. I saw Rachel Ray do a Cajun Style Popcorn once..........

Have a Great Evening all!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #74  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Im tired...I binged for the last week solid.
my first food today was a donut, followed with a sandwich, apple, muffin, coffee, another muffin, and another. 3 muffins!
huge salad with chicken, and cheese bun. I drank down 4 bottles of water and an orange juice.
I told myself if I was good this week I would go to the Stampede and allow myself mini donuts.
I was suppose to go and get blood work (fasting) got to the clinic,,,they are doing a BBQ in their parking lot. Would have to walk close to a half amile to get there,,,and didn't have the time,,,so decided to go to work early,,,didn't get there early with all the traffic. I thought while driving,,Ill stop at Sobeyes for some sushi, and they are having a BBQ thing in their parking lot. So just kept driving to Tim's for a coffee and sandwich,,,but got a donut too.
I want to have a binge free day tomorrow. But with it being my last day of work and the stress of leaving my job,,,and starting the very next day at my new job,,,I do feel stressed...and want to just bury myself in baked junk.
fingers crossed for tomorrow
Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

A favorite snack on mine is tomato in a whole wheat pita pocket. I also eat some reduced fat cream cheese and celery. And a half of PB&J sandwich (yours made with sugar free jelly of course).

And FRUIT!!! That is my main snack staple. I've been eating a lot of grapefruit lately, because it does not trigger a binge because it's not very sweet.
Closed Thread