Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Binge-free Week June 5th Start!~

A new week, a new thread! With some borrowed words from Harpo. (thanks, hon... where the heck are you, sweetie... we miss you. )

This a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort.

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off for a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all and don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength.

A toast to a new week.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #2  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was bad...I did not stuff myself to full capacity but I do consider how I ate a binge...not one healthy thing made it into me yesterday so i consider that a binge but today is a new day!

I got up at 5, Exercised at 6, got the kids off to school (Summer School walked another block to and from there). Drinking coffee right now and about to grab something to eat...already one bottle of water in me too. Today is already 100% better than yesterday go meeee!!

Good luck ladies!
we can beat the binge monster!
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #3  

hi everyone,

i'd love to join this thread. i lost weight and got to goal but i have been lacking the committment and have gained some weight back. i need to control these binges and actually follow the program because i obviously know that it works. i have days where i do well and then after dinner i have points left and i start with one sweet thing which leads to 2 or 3 more and then before i know it it's a binge... i really need support and im hoping im in the right place.

thanks for listening.
im off to take a nap
-Terry
hocuspocus1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I can't believe it's another new week. Where does the time go? Sigh. Okay, I'm in. See, I just don't have anything to say. I think I'm having forum writer's block. It's weird. It should clear up soon, I hope.

Good luck girls, let us all have control this week.

Terry Welcome to the thread!!! You are definitely in the right place. Congratulations on achieving your goal!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #5  
New Beginning, New ME!

WOO HOO theres Harpo!! I missed ya girl!

Welcome Terry

Sometimes people with weight issues can't allow themselves that first sweet thing I am one of those unfortunate people. If I have one snack I want more more more. On my great weeks I do not allow myself ANY sweets unless its my 100 calorie packs or a 100-150 calorie snack. I freeze anything that takes defrosting to eat. (hubby and kids take these to work and school in their lunches so they have time to thaw for them) If I want one I either have to wait for it to thaw (cuz they are yucky defrosted in the microwave) or not have it at all. To tell you the truth by the time my treat thaws I have talked myself out of it.

My one obsession is Coffee..I have to have it and I can't live without it So now I use that to my advantage. If I have an uhhealthy or off program sweet then I don't allow myself one of those coffee breaks. I usually allow myself coffee breaks 3 times a day...each unhealthy choice takes away a break and it makes me work to not have that treat. because i have a serious addiction to coffee

Edited by me cuz I am a bad girl and forgot no food mentioned here!! Sooo sorry won't happen again I promise

Last edited by LeaLee; 06-05-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #6  

LeaLee, darling, couldja NOT mention unmentionables in the binge-free thread! I have to *** them out!

Harpo... forum writer's block. I hear ya. We miss you when you're not around.

Terry, welcome! It's great to have you here. A nap sounds pretty good right around now...

I am struggling BIG time. I'm dying to eat something bad.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #7  
New Beginning, New ME!

WHOOPS so sorry bout that, I wanted to offer advice there that I use but forgot which thread I was in!! I will edit it a bit to make it less binge inducing...
Old 06-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #8  

Don't worry about it, hon. I once deleted a whole bunch of food references in other people's posts... not realizing that I was in the Binge Confessions thread. Boy, was my face red!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #9  
New Beginning, New ME!

haha Yeap I saw that when you did it...it was the first time for me seeing the ****'s and i was like umm what are those for LOL..I didnt even know you had that power
Old 06-06-2006, 04:22 AM   #10  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Upps, I really didnīt noticed the start of the new week- I would have written everything in the old thread, wondering where anybody else is.

So, here I am, on the RIGHT THREAD and on the RIGHT WAY. I suppose. Yesterday was binge free and not bad at all.
My scale is still not ok (i really have to buy a new one ), the ticker doesnīt move . That means on the other hand: I havenīt gained weight during my no- exercises but unhealthy food three times a day- phase.

Terry: Welcome to the thread, the board and everything!

HarpoChico: Forums writers Block? Sounds serious- but as long as the symptoms are "not writing" and not "not writing and bingeing", itīs maybe a condition which gets better with time.
But good to hear from you!

ellis: I hope you made it through yesterday!
A good thing about not being a native speaker is that I donīt know most of the food mentioned here, specially when someone mentions brand names. So mostly I donīt know it or itīs not available here in Germany, so I get along quite well with most times when someone mentions something unmentionable.

LeeaLee: Ok, I am not so sure about the facts and all that, but I heard in a scientific magazin (or a health magazin? Anyway) that drinking coffee isnīt that unhealthy as people think. There are just a small amount of people who donīt get along with coffee- mostly stomach problems. So if you donīt drink a very huge amount of coffee (like in 30 cups very strong coffee), it wouldnīt be unhealthy. Itīs the dosage the makes the poison (or something like that).

A good day to all of you,

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:31 AM   #11  
New Beginning, New ME!

WOO HOO bring on the coffee then !! I had actually heard that only some people have health problems from it...most serious being rapid heart beats but the caffeine takes about 10-12 cups of coffee a day to make me even feel the affects (besides the mood lifting) But I drink anywhere from 3-6 cups a day..YIKES I know! but sometimes it keeps a binge away. One time I drank 9 and was jittery so I guess 9 cups is what it takes me to get caffiene overload

I binged last night...more about that on the cyber purger thread ...I am ok today although I just ate an unmentionable for breakfast but I feel like crap and wasnt' up to fighting myself over that small thing this morning...

Heres to good choices the rest of the day...
Off to my first cup of coffee then gotta get the 2 kids up and bathed and off to the school bus
Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #12  

I have much power, LeaLee. except where food is concerned...

Kate, I'm so glad you're doing well!!
Yes, I heard that about coffee, too. Seems like "they" are always changing the rules where foods/nutrition are concerned. I don't care WHAT they say about coffee, I refuse to give it up!

LeaLee, I find coffee helps to prevent a binge, too. It really is a treat for me, and I like being able to constantly sip at something.

I'm planning on hanging out here today instead of in the binging thread. Are we all up for a good day?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #13  
fruitful47

S/C/G: 253/same/150

HELLO - Well I went from the Christian Encouragers to here....I KNOW head-knowledge-wise what the Lord thinks of gluttony...BUT can I stop binging????
NOOOO.....I'm tired of beating myself up...I'm now depressed as heck & still eating ....I've now blown up to 253 lbs & barely have a smile anymore...I play with the ideas of a walking program, one of the numerous diet plans, etc...I even started a weight-loss program to give me $1000 at the end of a 3-month program lose/not lose.....Could I continue?? NOOOOO...I ate almost all the way through....Anyway, I'm off to work...Thanks for letting me share!!!!...A HOPELESS BINGER
fruitful47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #14  
New Beginning, New ME!

Welcome Fruitful Binging is awful and you will find that more women than you think do it so dont feel like a failure because you binge

Walking is great Its my main source of exercise (well that and Denise Austin) but I lack the motivation lately to stay on top of it

We are all here to support one another so share all you want to thats what we are here for....You can also visit the CyperPurge board where we are allowed to "purge" those binges out of our systems through the cyber world since the all powerful Ellis doesnt allow mention of specific foods here but she keeps us all in line so we put up with her
Old 06-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #15  

good afternoon,

im happy to report that i am going strong. i am on point and journaling (i do WW). no binges so far and thats the way i'd like to keep it.

happy tuesday!
-Terry
hocuspocus1031 is offline   Reply With Quote