3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Chicks in Control May Exercise!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/83093-chicks-control-may-exercise.html)

ellis 05-01-2006 08:05 AM

Chicks in Control May Exercise!!

Good morning, all!! :wave:
It's May and the weather is looking up... let's commit to putting a little more movement in our lives!!

I'm committing to three exercise classes a week, a couple of days of running, and some yoga moves. :D

What will you be doing this month?

:woops: :lifter: :strong: :yoga: :bike2: :running: :belly: :ebike:

pamintx 05-01-2006 08:34 AM

Good morning all! It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here. I got discouraged and quit doing anything but I'm back on track now. I commit to walking/jogging 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes.

I can do this

dgpebbles 05-01-2006 08:55 AM

weigh-in is today and I'm down 1.4lbs...I end april with a total loss of 5.2 lbs...lets see if I can make it 6lbs for this month..

this weeks goal are to go to bed earlier to get more rest...do cardio and weights at least 5 days a week and to work more on my ab exercises..

yesterday I did 25 mins on elliptical , 60 mins weights including a ab workout and 60 mins on the bike while I watched my show..

Kate109 05-01-2006 11:43 AM

And challenge No. 2....:dust:
Ok, I commit to do "Nordic Walking" three times a week. :woops: :running:
Optional a bit strength training :workout:

And because I have two exams this month (:yikes:) and I spend a lot of time sitting, reading learning :stars: :dunno: and getting terrible afraid, I´ll have to add a few minutes yoga and meditation each day. :yoga:

dalai_lala 05-01-2006 02:14 PM

I'm RE-re-committing to a minimum of 5 days per week - two days of weights and three days of cardio. I'm feeling a little up in the air because I know I'm going to get that job and my schedule will change so I don't know where and when I'll be fitting those 5 days in... but I still have to fit them in... I am hoping to be able to fit in time to hit the gym at the university before or after work. It's free to students, it's in a convenient location not far from work, and they open at 6 am: I am officially out of excuses once work begins! :D

And, I didn't do my AM routine this morning, I had to get up early to go to my fabulous doctor appointment, but I am comitted to doing the stretches and light calisthenics before I hit the weights tonight. Probably skipping the crunches, though, 'cos if I do them tonight I won't be able to do any in the morning!

Happy Monday, Happy May, everyone!

-Lala

ellis 05-01-2006 02:42 PM

OH, MY GOSH!!! Congratulations, Lala!!! :cheer: :cheer: That is such great news, hon!! :hug:

justjodi 05-01-2006 06:39 PM

great dr visit lala you rock girl!! keep it up!

donna great job on the loss!! hard work pays off. keep it up!!

this month i am committing to

exercise class 3x a week
1 tennis date a week
6000+ steps a day avg for the week
strength training 2x a week for 30mins

so, done properly that will take up 6 days of activity a week. on the resting day(yeah right) i'll do all the rest of the crap i put aside so i could be good and exercise (laundry, cleaning, shopping, and so on and so on) gosh i need a small army of workers to help me over here.:lol3:

good luck with your goals everyone!!!

dalai_lala 05-02-2006 10:03 AM

Monday recap

Well, considering the high I've been on since my dr appt, yesterday was a good exercise day. I did my AM stretches in the evening, squats and light calisthenics, then did my weight training. I even jogged in place in between sets to get my heart rate up and burn more calories (and get more steps on the pedometer). Then I took a shower, started dinner, had a nice salad while dinner roasted... yum!

Today is cardio day, and I'm going to try to commit to... no, I'm going to commit to working more intensely on the elliptical and quit wimping out!

Thanks for all the nice comments! One of my main goals for starting this diet was to get off of most or all of my meds and it looks like I might actually accomplish that... Sometimes it's so hard to believe that this is really working. Who am I and what have I done with the old Lala? :frypan:

-Lala

chaoskitty 05-02-2006 10:23 AM

Ok, although I ended the month at the same scale place I left it - I am undeterred... my clothes fit awesomely, no blubber hanging over the top of my pants, my butt is rather small (my hips are only about 37) but my 33 inch waist is overshadoing that part!

I've been putting in about 8 hours per week on some type of exercise. I did bump up my calories a bit - but they are mostly in the protein area.

Believe it or not I have a professional personal trainer that has taken a liking to me and she is BEGGING me to work with her for FREE! She loves my motivation (I'm sorta evangelical in my fevor in exercise and eating healthy) and I do tons of research on how eating and exercise work.

I'm taking glutamine for my poor sore muscles, but I've not noticed much of a difference.

Okay - down to the brass tacks... I will do 2 days of spinning per week, and 1 - 20 mile actual bike ride per week, and I will lift 3 times a week (before my cardio so it will burn off the glycogen which will help me lose the fat quicker).

You guys are great motivators so let's :kickbutt: and drop the fat!

FishWoman 05-02-2006 10:30 AM

Hi everyone:) I was out of touch for most of April, and gained a little weight back, but am re-committing this month to really focus on my health and to get some form of movement/exercise in every day.

Yesterday I did a 47 minute vinyasa yoga dvd (baron baptiste). I will do the elliptical tonight after work for my cardio.

Crybaby Fatgirl 05-02-2006 01:24 PM

I ran!!! I did it!!, It wasnt for very long but I did it!! It was about 20 minutes, and boy was I sweaty and RED!! I felt sooo good after I did it! I'm comitting to 5 days a week of running, maybe 7 if I can squeeze it in, since weekends are hard for me. But I got a new hair do, and am just really pumped up and feeling HOTT! OH annnd....we finally set a weeding date!!! June 29th 2007!! I have 1 year to reach my goal!! I can do it I know I can!!

Kate109 05-02-2006 02:22 PM

You are all doing so great here!:carrot:

I was walking this morning (the Nordic- Walking- "Hey, you lost you skies"- athletic- version). 45 Min. The sun started to shine, the woods were misty- very beautiful.

Two hours later I wanted to pick something up the floor- and then I wasn´t able to stand tall anymore. :o
It´s a bit better now, but my lower back still hurts like ****. Damn. :mad:

I´ll try my meditation- exercise later this night.

A nice and successful day to you all,

Kate, who is moving like the witch from Hänsel& Gretel right now.

amandalili 05-02-2006 02:29 PM

Has anyone tried Turbo Kick? I love it.

WaterWater 05-02-2006 02:59 PM

I will commit to doing the 1 Mile Get Up and Get Started Walk Away the Pounds DVD at least 6 days per week (hopefully 7). I am so out of shape... didn't realize how much until I did the DVD yesterday. I have done it two days in a row now and plan to keep on going!

HarpoChicoGroucho 05-02-2006 08:55 PM

Will someone please kick my butt to get me back exercising? I haven't walked/worked out in a week and a half. I did garden today and lifted and carried about a 40 pound potted plant and dug and dug and dug. I worked my back I know because it sure hurts now. I am definitely getting in some aerobics in tomorrow. I keep on intending to slowly progress from walking to running, but I still haven't managed to start. I'm afraid I'll be at goal by the time I finally get around to it. I thought I may need to start running in order for the weight to keep coming off, but it's still coming off with the walking and aerobics, so we'll see.