Inspiring quotes from members

You're on Page 4 of 12
Go to
  • I was told to clean my plate because there are starving kids in Africa.

25 years later I'm fat, and there are still starving kids in Africa.
  • One of my faves:

"Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power" Seneca
  • One of my favorites is:

"The only thing standing between who you are and who you want to be is what you do."

I'm not sure who originally quoted it, but it definitely speaks volumes!

MariSue
  • "I've worked too hard to take orders from a cookie!"

"Hunger is a feeling...thin is a skill."

And I agree with whoever said "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." That one is my all-time favorite.
  • Mine is by Robert Frost:

Somewhere Ages and Ages hense
    Two roads diverged in a wood and I,
    I traveled the one less traveled by
    And that made the difference.

And another favourite of mine, which was ironically over the desk of my favourite college professor is:

"I am here to work. If you want love, buy a dog."
  • Quote: "I've worked too hard to take orders from a cookie!"
    I LOVE it! I rarely laugh out loud at things online but this one did it for me. It really puts it into perspective too - eh?
  • "Every bite is a choice."

-me.

• Glad you liked it, Spoz I actually laughed out loud at that one too because I imagine a little cookie with arms and legs blowing a whistle at me and ordering me to eat it. Then I put on my big boots and stomp the little sucker!
  • i like all of them. when ever i find a thread looking for motivational qoutes i am just going say read the two in my signature.
  • My favorite quote my brother yelled at me when he was introducing me to running in high school: "Winners never quit and quitters never win."
  • "You don't really want to be that guy."

Heeheehee it's more of a reference to a conversation I was having earlier, but true nonetheless... Everyone knows about "that guy" and how no one wants to be him. In this case, I consider "that guy" to be the person who doesn't take care of themselves and doesn't care. Definitely don't want to be him.
  • Hi mine is No one has control of my hand but me.
  • I just found the coolest one:
    "Losing weight is not about willpower--it's about moments of bravado"

• Great quotes, everyone!

Quote: "Losing weight is not about willpower--it's about moments of bravado"
    That nailed it for me. I'm going to print it out... thank you!
  • Stopping to Regroup
    I found that stopping when I've made enough progress, like a goal. Though I try my best to not slip, I tend to think more when I don't build too much pressure on myself. Has this technique worked for you too?

New member here! Howdy!