3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   September Exercise Challenge!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/64571-september-exercise-challenge.html)

ellis 09-02-2005 08:40 PM

September Exercise Challenge!!

Okay, girls!! It's September... here's to a great exercise month for all of us!!
:strong: :ebike: :wl: :barbell: :sumo: :tread:
I'll start.
Today I walked an hour. :D

melra 09-03-2005 12:54 PM

made my goal!

yay ellis!
thanks for the new thread--this month I have already agreed to put in at least 10hours of exercise and I'm tracking my minutes in my signature.

I met my LaborDay goal last night of 2miles continuous running and it took me 23min. I did this on the treadmill, so my next goal is to do it outside, which is harder for me. I'm still trying to rest my shoulder--I didn't think I worked it hard enough for it to be this sore, but it still is. I've got more movement in it today though, so I'm expecting to be able to work out again for sure on Monday. In the meantime, I'm going to focus on abs and back this weekend. :D

sherpamelissa 09-04-2005 09:16 PM

Great job meeting your goal Melra!

My aunt ditched me yesterday so I didn't get to run with my group. But I did do the 45 minute run today instead. I felt like I could go forever. I stayed at a 4.0 pace for the whole thing, except the last 5 minutes I put it up to 4.5.

ellis 09-04-2005 09:18 PM

Good going, Melra and Melissa!! :cheer:

I managed to get a 1/2 hour walk in this evening with DH. We spent most of the day cooking freezer meals for the week, and it was good to get out for a chat and a walk. :)

sunkiss 09-04-2005 10:24 PM

WTG everyone. New fat chick here and ready to work my tail off... or should i say pounds. Been on the South beach diet 5 days and feel wonderful. Didnt weigh myself when i started seeing that i never wanted to own that evil :devil: scale. Im right here with you and my challage is 1500 minutes of workout this month that i will be logging. Wish me luck!

Sunkiss

Sept 1 Nothing
Sept 2 Nothing
Sept 3 Nothing
Sept 4 40 min. run/walk(started challange)
Sept 5 40 min run/walk
Sept 6 50 min run/walk
Sept 7 30 min strenght training
Sept 8 50 min run/walk
Sept 9 60 min run/walk
Sept 10 60 min run/walk
Sept 11 75 min walk/run/strength
Sept 12 75 min walk/run/strength
Sept 13 65 min walk/run/strength
Sept 14 85 min walk/run/strength
Sept 15 90 min walk/run/strength
Sept 16 80 min walk/run/strenght
Sept 17 90 min walk/run/strenght
Sept 18 Day off from workout
Sept 19 90 min 55 min on run/walk 1 hour @ gym w/ weights = to 35 min
Sept 20 90 min 45 on treadmill 45 min strength training
Sept 21 120 min 75 min on treadmill 45 min strength training
Sept 22 95 min 80 min treadmill 15 strength training
Sept 23 100 min 40 min treadmill 1 hour strength train @ gym
Sept 24 75 min treadmill walk/run/strength
Sept 25 50 min treadmill walk/run/strength
Sept 26 90 min 45 min on treadmill 45 min gym strength training
Sept 27 40 minutes treadmill
Sept 28 105 min 60 min treadmill 45 min gym strength training
Sept 29 60 min treadmill
Sept 30 105 50 min treadmill 55 strength at gym

Total 2000 min I MADE MY GOALS! Broke the first one of 1500 min and added another 500 minutes and I MADE IT!

ellis 09-05-2005 07:25 AM

Sunkiss, welcome! :wave: I love your avatar. :lol:
I'm glad you're enjoying South Beach. I've had great success with it in the past. :yes:
Good luck with the exercising! :cheer:

breevandekamp 09-05-2005 10:55 AM

Well done everyone! :D

I got 30 minutes on the bike and some push-ups, leg lifts and those kinds of things in yesterday. And I will exercise today, can't let a bad food day ruin everything else. :D

melra 09-06-2005 10:25 AM

I totally dropped the ball this weekend and after being so proud of myself for Friday's workout, I'm disappointed in myself now. I tried to make excuses for myself, but I just didn't prioritize exercise and now my body feels it. I also didn't get on the forum all weekend too and now I see that I should have, b/c I think that would have helped me get off my butt. I am back in now though and tonight I'm going to get in 45min of low impact cardio and some strength training. I've also got to be very careful about my eating for the next 2-3 days b/c of my choices this weekend.

hello to the new posters! and big high-fivers for all those that did get some activity in this weekend!

sherpamelissa 09-06-2005 01:19 PM

Hey Mel, don't be too disappointed in yourself. Weekend exercise really never happens for me. I ended up having to adjust my expectations after getting constantly disappointed. It's not that I'm not willing, but that is my time with my 3 year old and no one else wants her. :lol: Just kidding! I can't ever seem to find a babysitter though, for weekend workouts.

I stayed up way too late last night watching Celebrity Fit Club 2. :( So, of course, I skipped the gym. I just rode my bike for 1/2 hour at lunch. I think I will just do both upper/lower strength training tomorrow at the gym then get my 25 minutes in running at lunch time.

melra 09-06-2005 10:26 PM

back on track!

I went to the gym tonight after work--I told myself I was going to do 45min of low-moderate intensity but I got bored after just a couple of minutes. So I ended up doing 20 moderate intensity on the eliptical, then 30min of weight training and another 27 minutes of running--and I beat my Friday distance and time! I ran for 24 min straight and 2.2 miles, then walked it out. I felt soo much better after that. My calories are right on track today too. I've still got some water to drink, but I'll get that in. yay!

I love how even a short workout will totally change the way I feel about my weight loss progress. I am totally down with exercise now! (Who IS this girl?! :D )

sherpamelissa 09-07-2005 09:19 AM

:cheer: Go Melra! :cheer: Go Melra! :cheer:

Woo hoo! Awesome workout last night. I knew you could make the longer run! When I ran the 45 minutes Saturday (on a 4:1 interval) I wanted to go an hour. I just *knew* I could do it. I know just what you mean about a fantastic workout, it makes you feel so strong and like you are making progress. So, what's on the plate for today? :lol:

I did 45 minutes of strength training this morning, both upper and lower body as planned. My :devil: tried really, really hard to get me to stay in bed this morning. My period really makes me tired. I could have fallen asleep between sets at the gym this morning. :dz:

I will run 25 minutes at lunch today. It is gorgeous out and I am looking forward to it. Maybe I will skip the interval today, Mel and give you a run for the money ;) - but probably not. I like playing with my watch and the interval timer, plus even though the coaches don't know, it makes me feel guilty not to follow the schedule.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!

melra 09-07-2005 09:48 AM

Hey, where's everybody else?

[QUOTE=sherpamelissa So, what's on the plate for today? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

whew! you don't miss a beat! :lol:

great job on the strength training--I can only manage about 30 min before I start wanting to leave, I think that's why I've been just splitting up the abs and back. My inlaws are always asking what they can get me for Christmas, so I might just ask for one of those interval watches or maybe a heartrate moniter. I try to pay attention to my hr when I'm running, but the moniter on the treadmill is so erratic, I can't trust it.

I've got abs and back work tonight and 30min cardio. I think I'll try running again, even though I know I should mix it up a bit. My house is a little too messy right now to attempt a video workout. I mean, it's either clean or exercise and my priorities just aren't on cleaning. (maybe my husband will do it? ha ha ha)

Where's our other posters? :D

Have a great run, Melissa!

melra 09-08-2005 11:22 AM

I did go to the gym again last night and got 35 min of cardio in. I didn't really want to keep going the last 15 min, but I did anyway. I stood on that machine for like a full 2 min just trying to make myself move my feet to restart it. Glad I did though--an older lady next to me told me I should just go home if I wanted to--she obviously was not a member of this forum!

I totally slacked on the abs and now I've got to make up for them somewhere in my already hectic week. This is art fair season and I'm at my workbench/studio every night and all weekend long and I chose to do that (and okay, I also watched me some Veronica Mars) instead of abs. I feel like so many of my days are just jam-packed now! It's frustrating because I can't prioritize--I just really want to do it ALL with equal amounts of fervor.

sherpamelissa 09-08-2005 11:34 AM

Great job pushing yourself to finish yesterday Mel. I was having issues yesterday with my run, one minute I felt fabulous and felt like I could go forever. Then two steps later I would be thinking "Why do I do this to myself?!". Crazy brains! :dizzy:

Today is an scheduled rest day for me, then 4 miles tomorrow and upper/lower body strength training. Not enough time in the day, so I will probably run in the morning and do strength after work.

You are an artist, Mel? My sister is also an artist. She is in New Hampshire and has been doing the art fair thing everyweek herself.

ellis 09-08-2005 05:42 PM

Great work, girls!! :cheer:

Sept 1st: 1 hour walk
2nd: 1 hour walk
3rd:
4th: 1 hour walk
5th:
6th: 1 hour walk
7th: 1 hour walk
8th: 30 minute walk
9th: 35 minute walk
10th: