Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekly Chat - December 27th - January 2nd

Good Morning !

I just thought I'd start up this week's thread, hope you all don't mind.

It has really become apparent to me this past two weeks of how OBSESSED I am over food (I am home on vacation). I mean I just can't stop thinking about food and I can't stop eating. Its really sickening. How the heck can you retrain your thinking? to direct it some where else? I am a compulsive eater yes, but moreso obsessed.

2005 HAS to be a better year for me.

How's everyone doing ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #2  

Default Thanks for starting the thread, Leenie

And I totally relate to obsessing over food!

Sorry I've been AWOL - I was back east for the holidays. It was a very nice trip.

I have some good news. We are finally pregnant. We're not telling many people yet because of the possibility of miscarriage the first trimester. But if that happens I'd definitely come here for support.

Hope you are all well.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:41 AM   #3  
Countess Walks-on-Water

YEA, KAT!!! I'm so happy for you!! Wow, that's great. Have you seen your OB yet? I'll be keeping you and the baby in my prayers.

Hi Leenie - I know this is unpopular here, but I've been reading Dr. Phil's book, and found the behavioral psych method helpful. I don't know about you, but I've formed a lot of bad habits, in addition to my natural tendency to use food as a crutch.

But it would depend a lot on the nature of your ED - I'm sure that would be the dominating factor for most of us....anyway, I'm rambling. But you might want to check it out from your library.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:56 AM   #4  

Default Happy New Year!

Thanks Tracy! I have not been to the OB yet - I am in the process of switching (my last one sucked).

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

Thanks for getting this thread going Leenie

Kat: Congrats on your good news!!

I've gotten in touch with an online sponsor, and I'm going to be starting back to OA in earnest. My eating has been increasingly out-of-control since Thanksgiving. My weight gain hasn't been that much, but the fact that I'm back "in the food" again is more troubling to me. The other thing is that I've started as a "leader in training" for the Recovery Group online, so I NEED to be actively working the steps! This isn't just a New Year's resolution!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kat CONGRATULATIONS !!!! awwwwwwwww I luv babies. Your gonna be a wonderful mama

Tracy, thanks for the advice on reading the book, my friend LindaT keeps telling me to get it and I was going to pick up a copy while I was on vacation.... brain fart ! I forgot. I'm so glad it is helpful to you as well.

Joanne I hear ya on the out of control eating. Boy is my stomach ever big, I can't even tie my shoes w/out losing my breath. Litterely I can't breath when I bend down. Pittyful. Today I did a lot of cleaning in my house and while I was cleaning I remembered how when I lost 150 lbs, how I kept it off for so long. I used to do alot of crafts, paintings, reading, etc... Ikept much more busy. Even chatting on the web w/friends. Having a 3 year old that doesn't let you sleep well at night is part of my problem of being so tired and just wanting to eat but she's not the blame. It stems from when I lost my sister a few years ago. I just gave up on life, I gave up on myself, I had no interest in anything, crafts, reading even me. I'm ready to live again. I have to, I love my DD so much. I owe it to her but mostly me !!! But you know the main thing that kept me from gaining weigh. I was very much into reading the bible and praying. That needs to come first befor anything else in my life.

Thanks for listening everyone, your the best !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #7  

Thanks ladies!

Leenie, my New Year's resolution is to learn to knit. Hopefully that'll keep the pregnancy weight gain heathy and not crazy.

Joanne, that's awesome!!

Last night I literally got up AT LEAST 15 to pee. Every time I was about to doze off my bladder came a'callin'. So I'm exhausted. Today was my first day back at work and it went OK. I definitely felt tired but it was probably the lack of sleep. I'm about to vedge out in front of the TV and will hopefully pass out early.

Have a good evening all!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:52 AM   #8  

OH my goodness. Has it been forever and a day since I've been here.

KAT -- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Lol I am laughing at myself here because I just got so excited and happy for you that I got all teared up. THANK GOODNESS it's you and not me. I knew somebody was pregnant... just couldn't figure out who, and did I mention thankgoodness it's not me?? Teehee. My best friend took a preggo test tonight too and I was so nervous (she didn't seem to mind one way or the other!) but I love her other two kids like my own, but at the same time my marriage is coming up next summer and she must drink!! Lol.... we've known each other for over three years and in that entire time we have never drank together, one of us has either been pregnant or breastfeeding, go figure. Do you know if you want to find out if it's a girl or a boy?
Let me tell you. Babies are a joy. Around the four to five month mark, they are just absolutely little gems. All a'smiley and giggly and roley poley and gooin and gah'in. Ok enough gushing from me. What a merry Christmas and happy new year!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok... I am tired, have been working on having DD sleep through the night so we have been "crying it out" (both of us). She seems ok with it and only cries for about ten minutes now before falling asleep, and it's only been about a week we've been doing this. The first night was the worst as she cried for an hour almost, and when she finally fell asleep I cried with guilt and relief. Tonight she has a terrible cough so she's in bed with me and Daddy's banished to the spare bed in Chloe's room. I would put her in her own room, but the few times she has been sick I am always so afraid to have her out of earshot, in case somethine should happen... like apnea, or inhaling and choking on spit up or SIDS or any thing else like that. But she is a very hearty little girl and bounces back from any illnesses quickly. Thank goodness for that!

Blah blah... so tired so I'll stop in later and say hi again. Busy busy busy.

Guess what else!!!!
I can see my floor, and practically EAT off of it!! LOL

~*HUGS*~
Dietrie
silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #9  

Dietrie, LOL - thanks so much!

Quick post here - first trimester fatigue has already set in. I'm a zombie.