Weekly Check-In 9/7-9/12

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi ladies,

I am back at work. My mom's visit went well but I am zonked! The 3 of us went to the Sierras for the weekend. It was wonderful being in nature but the hiking and driving wore me out.

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the posts but I'm back. See you tomorrow.
  • Welcome back, Kat!
  • I will be back!
    And I will write a long chatty thread and catch up with everybody. Got busy at work last night and just busy. So far so abstinent. ODAT! My gratitude list:

1. People who love me
    2. A loving God to turn to in my sorrow and joy
    3. A beautiful family
    4. Celebrating the 5 year anniversary of my job
    5. October where I finally get some time off

Chris
  • Stumped
    So where is everybody? No experience, strength, or hope this week? The adjustment back to nights is always a hard one and apparently I get to spend an extra couple weeks this time So I haven't even checked to look at the last thread to check in with everyone. My step work is due today and I am stumped. I was hoping coming here would help me work it out.

Reflect on the words “Came to believe” as a process that will take place. Are you open for that process to occur in your life?

I don't know if I have ever come to believe anything? I always feel like I know it or I don't. I guess I have some more reading to do.

I am abstinent for today. Still treating myself lovingly at the gym, but I am really having to check myself every day that I go. I can feel the endorphin highs, I can feel wanting to do more, and I also hear the disease voice that says I can eat more than my portion because "I deserve it for working so hard" I hate this sometimes.

So where is everyone else at in their life today?

Chris
  • Hi Chris, I'm here.

Just getting back into the swing of things. I'm so not used to waking up early anymore.

Work is going fine. Abstinent, ODAT.
  • Really sorry, I have to make this quick again. I will catch up as soon as I can though! School started yesterday here and it's just been busy getting the kids off to school and back home, filling out all the papers and do all the other motherly stuff I need to do to make everything keep going. I'll check back in soon though, until then, love you guys and hope you all are doing well! Be free!

Much Love,
    skippy oxo
  • Here I am!

Abstinent for today.

I am finally beginning to believe that I am a fabulous teacher.
  • Hi Ladies. DH has been a computer hog for the past few days. I'm only on now because I insisted he play with his son before he graduates.

I'm reading a book on the history of Christian theology, and it's making me think about all of the beliefs I thought were incompatible with this faith and altering my understanding of my HP. It's cool. My friend once told me that the ancients interpreted Scripture much more creatively than we do now. He wasn't kidding!

Got my hair cut today. That's always a treat. Of course, had to take both kids, which was nerve-wracking. Everywhere I go, people tell me, "Oh, they grow up so fast," and I usually answer, "Thank God!!"

Chris, if I were there, I'd offer to stroke your head. But now I think I have to go rub DH's feet. Take care, everyone.
  • Hey everyone! First day back work and surprisingly I didn't have a ton of paperwork. It's been raining non stop and we are in a state of emergency now...Darn Hurricane Frances! But I have to admit that it puts me to sleep fast at night.
    Chris-I feel the same way, there is no in between for any perception in my life. It's black or white. I guess you could say that I need some type of evidence to believe something. Such as I believe I'll have this disease the rest of my life, unless someone can literally show me I'm not going to..
    Tracy-Do you take prozac also.. or was it wellbutrin? I literally cracked up with your answer on your children growing up really fast! Sounds something I would say!!
    Skippy-Hey there, I'm glad your posting even though your super busy!!!
    Kat-Hey there... Where is the Sierras?
    Michelle-Isn't it great when you realize deep down inside that your achieving something? I have that feeling also when I talk to some of my patients.
    Hey to Jennelle, ceejay, Sandy, Linoleum...anyone else?? I hope i named everyone!
    Much to love to all!
    vanessa
  • Sierras
    We were 3 1/2 hour northwest of LA. They are outside of Bakersfield. Very beautiful. Saw the largest living thing in the world (General Sherman tree).
  • Thinking about what Jenelle said
    Today I feel vulnerable, I have alot going on, my food plan includes two meals outside my house, I have two Dr.'s appointments, I am missing a friend. Part of me wants to just say "This is too muchs, I deserve to act out with food" I know this is bullshit, but its how I am wired. Part of me wishes that I wouldn't recognize the weak spots then I wouldn't be obsessing over the day before it even began. And thats exactly where I need to begin to surrender. So gently I will go in and do Yoga, meditate, and pray. Will it make a difference? I don't know, but it at least gets me in the mindset of "acting as if" the day will unfold gently as it should and I can be present without fighting it every step of the way.

Where's Christy, Sandi, Michelle, Linoleum????

Vanessa- Maybe we need to reevaluate our truths and consider that possibly those things will not be our truths tomorrow. What does he say in the Matrix? Its not the spoon that bends, its you that bends.

Jenelle-Things must be going okay? Your being quiet. And we all know your a faboo teacher!

Skippy- That change in the fall, are we really as hurried as we think we are? I wonder sometimes.

Tracy- I think its awesome how though the way people worship changes the fundemental need for a spiritual figurehead doesn't. A friend said to me one day, "God doesn't need a bunch of religious nuts, just spiritual fruit" Thats one thing I love about the Steps, the God of my understanding. AMEN!

Kat-WB! Abstinent ODAT!

Much love to all-
    Chris
  • Here I is...
    Checking in at long last!

How am I? School? Great! My kids? Oldest -- cool! Youngest -- walking on thin ice right now! Food? Super. Husband? See comment about youngest DD. LOL

My happy news today is that I got a new purse. (Totally unrelated to any subject being discussed, but it made me smile! Gorgeous navy Vera Bradley tote. Gotta love 'em!)

Jennelle -- Glad you've been having lots o' good teacher days. They are, in my opinion, much more satisfying than good hair days!

Tracey -- What's the new 'do like? Short or long? I'm always jealous of people who are risk takers with their hair. I don't like to stray very far from what I know works for me in that department.

Chris -- Back to nights, huh? What's the countdown to all that glorious time off now? By the time that rolls around for you, I'll be ready for a couple of days myself. Proud of you for being good to Chris at the gym. She really deserves that, you know?

skippy -- Are you doing anything special for you now that school has taken back up? How about hobbies? With all of those young'uns, are you a scrapbooker? It's my passion!

Kat -- Your weekend sounds nice. Are you working with the same children this year or is there a lot of turnover at your site? I have FIVE children who receive speech/language services this year. I think that's a record for my classroom.

Vanessa -- We got quite a bit of rain from Frances here, too. Not nearly as much as was forecast, but still! I really hate the Ivan is barreling toward Florida now. Those people deserve a break from all of this!

ceejay -- Hope you're doing okay now!

Hello to Michelle and linoleum!!

I *need* to go and get some work done around the house, but I am soooo tired! Thursdays are my day to be *on* all day. Meaning no breaks except for the children's P.E. time. And today that was taken up making phone calls so my stack of papers to be graded is huge...again. On a bright note, that means these children are working very hard right now!

Things to be thankful for...
    1. Cool, beautiful afternoons.
    2. New purses. (I know...I know...)
    3. No headache today!
    4. DH brought me an ice cold Coca Cola.
    5. Third graders.

Later ladies,
    Christy
  • Hi! Vanessa - yes, I'm on Prozac also. It's done wonders for my energy level, and for the most part, my mood. And I love that in generic form, it only costs me $5 a month!

Christy - I'm not too much of a risk taker either - I went back to my basic bob. I'd had longer hair with the razored ends, but I couldn't do a thing with it! This is so much easier. And Ooooh, I remember the days when DH used to buy me Coke. Sigh. I guess the honeymoon's over.

I am so wanting to go to the drug store and get something chocolate. I need to be slapped with a wet noodle. I think I'll pray and play with the children until the urge goes away.
  • Hey ladies! Just a quickie before I head to bed. Finally it has stopped raining but stormy skies are still above us. It's a little depressing but it makes me want to stay in bed all day! TGIF for all of us!! Even though I have to work saturday, I get off at 11am so I have the whole day.... to sleep. LOL
    Chris-Can you believe that I've never seen the Matrix??? But I see where you are coming from though..Tommorow is a new day with different challenges.. a different forecast in other words. I just have trouble either accepting this way of life or trying to lead a new one...Bad habits are hard to change.
    Tracy-How many milligrams are you on? I'm on 40mg right now and my psychiatrist is moving me up this month.. It's def. a change for my mood! But it made me sick for the first week. What is it called in the generic form?
    christy-I'm glad to see your doing good! The rain has finally stopped here, but I'm sure we have more to come. This weather is so screwy, and hurricanes are not cool. I def. feel for the people down there, but I guess they are use to it?
    Hey to Kat who saw the worlds biggest tree, totally cool! Linoleum, Sandy, Michelle, Jennelle, CeeJay, Skippy!!! I hope you guys are doing ok!
    good night for now,
    Peace
    Vanessa
  • Chris and everyone else - Just like Big Gay Al, "I'm super! Thanks for asking!" When I get less chatty, people tend to think there's something wrong. I'm fine food-wise, but these past few days I've just been running like the proverbial headless chicken. I have also been having issues with daughter, who has just been a downright pissy, *****y, self-centered, disrespectful, demanding brat lately. I got so mad at her on Monday that I nearly lost my mind. It's like she takes issue or has some smart-assed comment to every single thing I say. Truthfully, I've decided that for now, it's easier to just avoid her altogether, however horrible that might sound. Let Dad deal with her.

I have a boatload of work to do. I had to go to a national board study meeting today in Oxford, which is 1 1/4 hours from home. I didn't walk through my door until 8:00, I have a study guide to type for my sixth graders (they begged me for one today), and I totally forgot to turn in my lesson plans for next week this morning (thank goodness my principal is an understanding guy!). Ta Ta for now!