Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-21-2004, 11:31 AM   #46  

Smile

Hi everyone! I have to make this quick because I'm going to a friend's party in just a little bit, where there will be sweets but I wanted to say hi and I'm thinking of all of you and I'm thankful for you all, and thanks again for all your support and help, and for not giving up on me. I know I also have to not give up on myself. I'm kind of going through the, "it's the weekend, I'll start fresh again on Monday" thing.

skippy, skippy, skippy

Love you guys!!! oxo

Have a great Saturday! My thoughts and prayers are with you all! oxo
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #47  

Hey guys! Let the weekend begin! I had a very long day yesterday, got up at 3am, went to work, then home, then went to my parents house until 10pm, and finally got into bed at 1am. Now it's almost noon, I feel VERY refreshed, and now I need my caffiene!!! But it's a Saturday, so I'm going to just be in my element.
Michelle-What a night!! And I thought my patients were handfuls! But secretly, I want to be a teacher also!
Chris-Thanks for making me realize what I was saying! I took a look back to what I typed and was like "OHHHH... I made sense to mysef?! LOL I'm a HUGE King fan also!! Been reading his books since I was 8 I think. Who is RL Stein? LOL :P
Kat-Thanks! You know, I've watched the news since I was 6, just me and my parents evening "thing" back when i was a child. I can't go a day w/o reading the paper!! The world is an open book to me, so much to learn about it!
My Gratitude List for Today
1.Microwaves(I just got one yesterday!)
2.WEEKENDS
3.Diet Coke
4.Finding my old cd's
5.90210(I'm hooked on that show!)
Skippy, CJ, Sandi, Christy, Linoleum,Tracy- How are you???
I hope everyone has a lovely day, I can just feel it!!
God Bless
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #48  

Default Morning

Hi all!

Today I am seeing a friend who is moving to the East coast and then hanging out with girlfriends while DH is off at a booby bar with a friend of ours who is about to get married.

So I got a new haircut a few days ago and really liked how the hairdresser did it. I have not been able to recreate it at ALL and have been pretty unhappy with it. It's a lot shorter than I normally have it and seem to be out of my league. I bought the stuff she used in it, too.

I got the haircut to give my self a self-esteem boost and it has only done the opposite. So, each day I get it to look better but since I am not good in this area I doubt I'll like it for a few weeks. <sigh>

Otherwise, I am doing well. Have a great day!!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #49  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Oh, Kat, new hairdos can be so annoying. I got mine cut into one of those fringy shag things a few weeks ago, and I can't get it to do crap. It's mediocre at best. And I'm letting it grow, too, so the length is sort of awkward. I hope you figure yours out!

I think I'm going to look into finding a therapist of checking out my options this week. I'm not sure what my PPO will cover, but I need to talk to someone objective. Things are still more pleasant with DH, but the doubts and worries in my head are still there. I wish my best friend were closer.

I should go do chores, I think.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #50  

Default Third try to post...

Hi y'all! This is the third time I've tried to post today. My %^&* keeps freezing up on me. Grrr...

Jennelle -- Sounds like you have your hands full already. Our open house went well and all of my kids actually showed up. I was impressed. I LOVE Junie B. Jones! My DDs have all of the kindergarten books on tape and listen to them constantly. She's really a hoot. As a matter of fact, more than one person has told me that my youngest DD reminds them of Junie B. That should give you some idea of what I am dealing with over here! LOL

Tracey -- Now you understand why Nip/Tuck is my guilty pleasure! It is sooo out of character for me to watch a show like that, but I'm hooked. Bad, bad Christy!

skippy -- Hope all goes well at your party!

Chris -- Steven King...you're braver than I am! I read Cujo and a very brief part of Salem's Lot in high school and had nightmares forever. I was thinking maybe I'm old enough now to try them again. Then again...maybe not!

ceejay -- I wish you well with your foot surgery. Surgery sucks and the recuperation period is even worse. I'll be thinking of you!

Kat -- I feel for you and your hair! I know everybody always says it's just hair...it'll grow back but I've always had trouble with that. Mine is finally almost grown out from my first and only short cut two years ago. Right now it's about four inches past shoulder length. Now I just have to get the layers grown out and I'll be back to "normal". LOL

Vanessa -- Wow...you're busy. I wanted to take a nap just reading about your long day. Enjoy your weekend!

Hello to linoleum and Sandi! I hope I haven't overlooked anyone. I need to submit this before I get locked up yet again!

Love and hugs to all,
Christy
elizabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:57 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

--That's me. Even took a long nap yesterday afternoon. But now I have a headache.

Chris--My aunt and uncle will be taking care of me. I go to their house on the 6th. I told my aunt the other day that I don't think I' ll need any anesthetic--I'm that tired.

This is going to be short again tonight. Maybe I will not have a headache tomorrow.

Have a blessed day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:37 PM   #52  

Smile

Just wanted to say hi real quick, I resisted sweets at the party, woo hoo! but....then I came home and found chocolate I forgot about but it's a step that I resisted them at the party, right? I'll get there, with God's help, I'll get there eventually....We all will!! oxo

Love to all of you,
skippy

Last edited by skippy257; 08-21-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:57 AM   #53  
Searching

Talking Morning girls

Talk about a bad food day yesterday. Ugh! Things happened so fast and by the time I was thinking about writing a food plan I was full of self will about the food anyway. Everything else I could take it as it comes. By God's grace we get a new day.

So just for today I will have a food plan, take time to excercise, organize, and clean for the coming week (thank goodness I started on that one yesterday!!!! ) I will spend some time in my book. I will make some calls today, and do step work. And if only some of these things get done I will accept that is the way today was suppose to be.

Thinking about my BIL's wife this morning. She had an aneurysm about 4 years ago. Before then she was my friend. Now she is a shell of a child-woman, it hurts when she yells at him. So this morning when I pray I will try to surrender my anger there too.

Skippy- For some reason I keep thinking about the first Matrix movie when I read what you said about the chocolate. You know when he goes to see the Oracle, and the little kid is talking to him, and he says something like, "Its not the spoon that bends, it you that bends" ODAT girl we are in this together for the long run and I had chocolate, and my worst demon ice cream yesterday.

CJ- What's up with the headaches? ? Go gently and be kind to yourself.

Christy- All your kids came! WOW! King is sometimes more than he appears on the surface. Some I have read just to be scared. But if read deeper like The Stand and The Dark Tower Series, you see the ideas of God, and no coincidences, karma, and doing the next right thing. Or maybe I am just taking what I need and leaving the rest

Tracy- It helps alot to talk and to write. I write constantly, sometimes the truths that come pouring out of me I didn't even know were there myself.

Kat- I wish I was closer, I would help you with that hair. Its one girly thing that comes really natural to me. Everything else I have learned through the wanting of it. Though I remember being about 9 and there was this girl and she could come tumbling out of bead with gorgeous hair. That never happens for me, but a brush, a twist, a scrunch, and it usually turns out okay It will grow. Can you do headband, clips, and the like in the interim? (((((((Kat))))))) Other than that how was yesterday?

Vanessa- RL Stine is this knock off, horror kids writer, he does okay, but none of it is really scary. I know because if my son leaves books out I will read them. Love Louis Sachar. And I might be 30 but Wayside School Books are endearing and hilarious. And what about Holes? They even did okay on the movie 90210???????????? OMG talking about hair, Jennie Garth, God she always had gorgeous hair. (I sometimes watch Charmed, but I will never admit to this in real life )

Check in everybody and catch-up this is a fast moving place
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:17 AM   #54  
Countess Walks-on-Water

G'morning! I'm checking out the news, waiting for my cheerios to settle so I can work out. I'm down a pound this morning, but I think it has more to do with the cold sore in my mouth making it painful to eat than my good behavior. Whatever, I'll take it.

My DH is doing Atkins for the eleventh-thousandth time. So frustrating for me to watch. Low-carb is fine for lots of people, but he can't stay on it, and with the history of heart problems in his family, he really doesn't need to be loading up on meat and cheese. But I can't control him, can I?

DS is so cute. His personality is starting to come through, and he's imitating our words. His favorite game is chasing us around the couch. He laughs so loudly and hysterically.

Well, we just had a power surge, so I better get off of here. Take care, girls, have a good day. As my great-mother in law used to say, HP loves you and so do I.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #55  

Hey guys! How was everyone's Saturday? Mine was pretty normal, took a nice long walk in the park, and met a friend at Starbucks. I can't believe I'm up before 11, but I want my day to last rather than just to pass me by. Plus, I can watch the full 2 hours of 90210!
Kat-I'm sorry about your hair.. I always hated it when my stylist always did my hair really nice and then I couldn't do a thing with it after that. As long as I have my scrungies, i'm good to go.
Christy-I had a 12 hour day yesterday, and right now my body is thanking me for only 12!
Chris- I'm sorry about your day! But at least your prepared for today and that's very awesome. Your very head strong! 90210 is like my saturday cartoons, the absolute first thing I watch when I get up! I always bonded with Donna, she seemed the most level headed of the bunch. But they all had some sort of major problem/addiction! Strangely enough, I've never read RL Stine or Holes. I'm a big King fan and true crime person! I love Ann Rule and also Nicholas Sparks!
CeeJay-Headaches are not cool!! I could send you some Tylenol?
Tracy-My brother has been doing Atkins for almost a year..drives my mother crazy with all the special food! Their refridgerator is nothing but cheese and meat! He's done really well on it, but I can't live w/o cereal or fruit.
Anyone I missed, I"m sorry! I hope you guys have a wonderful Sunday, soak it up and enjoy it!! God Bless!
Vanessa
Old 08-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #56  

Cool

Well....starting out having a "feel sorry for myself" day, ugh, hate those days! I cried because my kids are growing up, lol. I have 5 kids, ages: 5,7,10,13,16 , they are absolutely adorable!!! I love them so much! I am sad because they will be back in school soon Thankfully, my 5 year old starts "next" year so I'll have one more year with my youngest before school. I'm also sad because I didn't go to church today, and I've been missing too much church lately. And the really bad thing is I don't have a good reason. Just feeling disconnected kind of, and this will sound terrible, but I feel like I'll go back when I lose weight, ugh!! What is my problem?

Ok, well, I'm sure my day will get better!

Next thing I want to say is that I clicked on the pictures here (the ones I saw, which were three of you) and you guys are gorgeous! Roch, I love your hair in your picture! Tracy and Michelle, you guys look adorable with your kids! I'll have to put a picture of my lil darlings for you all to see.

It was fun seeing your picture and reading your profiles. Roch, my daughter loves star trek too, but she liked the newer one, not the old ones.

I hope all of you have a great day! I'm thinking of you and hoping that you feel good about yourselves today!

Much love, skippy oxo
Old 08-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #57  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Skippy, I forgot you had FIVE kids. Wow, how wonderful. I'm thinking we're done at two kids. I'm very hands on, DH is very hands off, and I'm out of hands. I'm still trying to talk him into getting a vasectomy, but right now, he's being very protective of his weenie.

Thanks for your complement on our picture - DS is actually in that one too - under my sweater. I've always liked that pic because my heft sinks into the couch and isn't visible.

I've been skipping church too, so I know how you feel. My problem is my stress has been showing up in my skin, and I've been isolating myself. Frankly, I'm starting to get sick of me, so I'll have to get out more this week. And as Chris said, service to others helps us be kinder to ourselves!

BBL!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:31 PM   #58  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I don't check the boards for a day, and I have to spend 20 minutes catching up! That's great!

Chris - Junie B. Jones is a children's book character sort of in the vein of Ramona Quimby (you know, of Ramona the Pest fame). They're low reading level chapter books (around mid-2nd grade), so my girls (and some of my boys) who read at a lower level enjoy them. Those Goosebumps books aren't as popular as they used to be, but I still have a handful of kids (mostly boys) who read them. I LOVE the Animorphs series, but I can't seem to get my students interested. I might read the first one aloud to my 5th grades after we finish reading The Very Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket. (Another fabulous children's author!)

As for me, when I was a kid I LOVED Stephen King! The first book I ever read of his was a book of short stories...can't remember the name of it but the first story was about this fog that was taking over the U.S. and eating people. Scared me $hitless! My favorite book of his is The Dead Zone, followed closely by...OMG...I've drawn a blank...the one where the guy and his wife live in a lake cabin called "Sara Smiles" and his wife dies of a brain clot and comes back and talks to him through the ABC magnets on the fridge....arrrghhh! What was the name of that book?

Enough about books...I had a good time yesterday at Six Flags, even though hubby doesn't do rollercoasters. (He has a weak stomach.) I managed to get him on a little coaster, then on a water ride where we got soaked to the skin. (It felt good!) Son and his friend took off and did their own thing and met us when it was time for the Weird Al concert. We ended up in the grassy section of the ampitheater and it was sometimes hard to see, but it was still a good concert and fun! (Even though he didn't play his leprosy song.) We didn't leave St. Louis until 10:00. We decided not to stop for the night and drive straight through. We did end up taking a half-hour rest area nap, though. We finally got home around 4:00 this morning.

Today, I've got some papers to grade and a reading group scripted lesson to look at. I also need to go buy copier paper. Here's my gratitude list:

(1) I am grateful that I can help others just by listening.
(2) I'm grateful for coffee!
(3) I'm grateful for my HP (that really should be first on the list!)
(4) I'm grateful that I can always find a Wal-Mart no matter where in the country I happen to be.
(5) I'm grateful for good neighbors.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:25 PM   #59  

Good afternoon everyone! The girls and I just got home from church a little while ago and they're gone to spend some time with DH. I'm home alone!! Woo-Hoo!

Chris -- Sorry about your crappy food day. I must say, you have the best attitude about it though. Good for you! I could never stomach 90210, probably just jealous of the beautiful people!

Tracey -- My DH had a vasectomy when youngest DD was six months old. We just knew we were done. He handled the procedure very well while the kids and I waited in the lobby. What he really didn't look forward to was going back to the lab and producing a "sample" for them. They wanted a really fresh one so it couldn't be brought from home. I teased him about that for quite awhile.

Vanessa -- I hear you about not wanting the day to pass you by. That's why I've always been an early bird myself. Sleeping late makes me feel ucky for the rest of the day.

skippy -- Wow, I'd like to see how you manage five kids! It's all I can do to keep my two organized and maintained, so to speak. I really admire you. How many boys/girls are there?

Jennelle -- Sounds like a fun day. Nice gratitude list; I need to post one as I haven't in a few days.

Hello to everybody else!

I'm grateful for...
1. The sweet children in my Sunday School class.
2. A few hours home alone.
3. God giving me the willingness to drag my booty to church this morning.
4. Ice cold water.
5. All of you guys!

Have a great day,
Christy
elizabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:31 PM   #60  

Hey guys! Just wanting to check in before I call it a night and officially end my weekend I think I savor my weekends too much, right now I def. do not want to go to work tommorow! By 130 though, it will be over and I can call it a day.
Michelle-I read that book too but I can't think of the name either!!! He was an author right, and had a hard time writing after his wife died??
Christy- I've learned that life is way too fast and it's def. not slowing down for me. Can't waste it while lying in bed!
Skippy, Tracy, Chris, CeeJay, and everyone else.. I hope your sunday went wonderfully and that our monday's will be wonderful as well!
Peace
Vanessa