Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 09:17 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Vanessa and Janelle--add one more on the marching band group. I was actually majoring in band in college but didn't finish. Other things got in the way.

Michelle-Have the in-laws arrived? Have fun.

Chris- another congratulations and a hug for being abstinent for one week. I'm doing good to just get one day.

Skippy- It always good to focus on the good things.

Hi to Kat and Tracey.

On the home front. The tractor came today and I got to ride today when I mowed.
The vibration of the tractor honestly felt good on my feet.
Speaking of feet--The good news is surgery is in the works. I have been suffering for a year with my feet. He's going to do the right one first. It's not funny when you have to get up in the middle of the night and stagger to the bathroom because your feet hurt so bad. Today I'm grateful for the fact that the dr. finally said are you a candidate for surgery? With a smile on his face. Told him I'd been ready for awhile.
The date is Spetember 10th.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #47  

Jennelle-Why yes we do!!!!!! I'm a band geek all the way!!!! I played the baritone/sousaphone in marching band, and euphonium in concert band in high school. In college, I played the euphonium in symphonic band.. Sigh.. Band was the greatest time of my life!!! Especially the band trips I can't help it, everytime fall comes around, I start to remember friday night football games, pep songs, cold mouthpieces, and a cute trumpet player!!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:15 AM   #48  
Countess Walks-on-Water

AAAAACK!!! Band Geeks!!! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!

I played sax - and was drum major my senior year, like Jennelle. How funny! Those are definitely my best memories of high school. And we had a cute trumpet player too, Vanessa! Took me YEARS to get over that one.

Matt's party was fun - I spent most of the time either playing hostess or juggling cameras, but it was cool. And I took half a cake to my neighbor to get it out of the house (they're normal-eating skinny people, and were grateful) along with a Papa John's giftcard. Felt good about that.

I've been happy about my exercise lately. Due to time issues, my workouts have been a little shorter, and I'm finding that not trying to kill myself makes them more enjoyable and leaves me feeling great all day. Plus, I've lost a few pounds.

Here's my gratitude list:

1. Rain - we need it!
2. My parents - they are wonderful grandparents.
3. Peaches
4. Naptime
5. Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness - which I'm going to do right now.

Old 08-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #49  

Default It's the weekend! Woo!

I am so happy to see this list active again! I'm going to have to check in more than once a day to keep up.

I just did a Firm workout and feel GREAT! My mood has definitely improved - why? Because I am working my program more. Got to love OA!

DH and I are going to our diner soon. Then off to the movies. Going to see Harry Potter again (my third time - I love it!).

OK, I will definitely check in hre more often so I can personalize my posts more.

Have a great, blessed day!
Old 08-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #50  

Default Forgot to add my gratitude list

I am grateful for...

1. Having fun workouts - and doing them!

2. My husband's love and support

3. My new sponsee

4. Game night with friends

5. Sunny weather
Old 08-14-2004, 04:09 PM   #51  

Tracy- It's always the trumpet players!!! I noticed in all marching bands, the trumpet players are too cute! In fact... I'm going out with a trumpet player tonight?! How WEIRD?!?
Anyways, I had to work today from 430-11am, a normal saturday at the clinic. I'm forcing myself to stay awake because I don't want to sleep my saturday away. I can tell the Prozac is helping, I actually talked on the phone today!! I haven't talked on a phone for 6 months! The weather here is beautiful, there's a slight chill in the air, but clear skies. I'm watching one of my fave movies, A League of Their Own.. Reminds of my softball years!
I hope everyone is doing great and I'm thinking about each of you!!!
Love
Vanessa
Old 08-14-2004, 06:00 PM   #52  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default warning - not a happy post

AAAARRRGGGGGHHH!

Okay, I'm a little better now.

Because school lunches for my own kids are now a ridiculous $2 a day and totally unhealthy anyway, I just went grocery shopping for some lunch staples with my daughter. She's 15. She has issues with food, too. I told her she could pick out two things of Little Debbie snack cakes - one that she likes and one that her brother likes (he won't eat anything with peanut butter) - and that it would have to last until the end of the month. When they're gone, they're gone. So, she picked out a thing of Nutty Buddies for her and some cupcakes for her brother. It went downhill from there.

She kept throwing junk in the cart - or trying to. Chips, cookies, brownie mix, you name it. It was all in the name of "lunch stuff." I kept telling her we had enough junk and didn't need any more. Then she told me she'd buy it with her own money. I still told her to put it back. Then she said she'd share. I told her I didn't WANT to share. At this point, SHE STARTED TO CRY.

Now, I KNOW I shouldn't be this mad, because I myself have cried many a time over food. I just got so frustrated with her! I know the pain and dammit, I'm TRYING TO SPARE HER FROM IT! But of course, I'm just an old stupid dipshit and what the **** do I know? Of course, I handled it the completely wrong way. I snapped at her - "Fine. I don't give a ****. Buy whatever the **** you want. I'll meet you at the car." Those were my exact words. But you know, she stopped her sniffling.

It's really hard, and I can't blame it all on her. My genetics are partly to blame; the horrible examples I have set for her in the past (and, on occassion, still do) are mostly to blame.

As her mom, the hardest thing for me is to understand that - just like me - this is her own journey. She's 15 - hardly a grown-up, but still very much her own person. She needs to figure this out for herself, and I'm frankly in no position to guide her.

I do not know what this post was supposed to accomplish, other than get it off my chest.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:43 AM   #53  

(((((((((((((Jennelle))))))))))))))))

I'm not sure I know what to say really other than I hear you, I understand, and it's your love for your daughter that was crying out to her, like you said, you want to spare her the pain, I soooooooo hear what you are saying! Having 5 kids, I too, am very worried that I have set a very bad example with food, and I worry also, that it will be hard for them to break the junk food habit as well, and really, it does have to be them to do it, we have to help them and show them, but until they "want" to change their eating habits and go for healthier, they probably do not always understand that what we are saying is in love and really what is "best" for them.

I am so sorry for your frustration! Hang in there, and just try really hard to make this a positive/learning/bonding experience in whatever way possible, take a deep breath and take time to get your thoughts together....

I'm sorry Jennelle, I really wish I could say something to encourage you, I hope I didn't do the opposite, so let me just end by saying I care and I hear what you are saying, and I will say a prayer for you tonight. oxo And you are not alone! ^_^

Much love!
skippy oxo

p.s. One day, your (our) kids will know that the things we tried to teach them is all because we love them so much!
Old 08-15-2004, 12:47 AM   #54  

p.s. Yes! $2.00 IS ridiculous, it's crazy how much things cost at schools now!!
Old 08-15-2004, 01:12 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies I just wanted to stop in to say hello I'm exhausted from a long day of remodeling but things are coming along nicely. I hope you are all doing well
I miss you but will be back next week.

Whoever mentioned the band geek thing...that was me, I was in symphonic band first chair all during high school, I went to state competition all 4 years and obtained first place, I was also a drum major in marching band and also did pepband, and I also was one of the 3 woodwinds selected to play with our orchestra a few times yeah so I'm a band geek....Hi I'm michelle and I stick my flute....LOL how funny was American PIe? Anyway obviously I'm delirious and I'm going crosseyed you all have a great night and a better day.

Love to you all!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:07 AM   #56  
Kitchen Floor

(((((((((((((Jennelle))))))))))))))))
I went grocery shopping with my step-daughter and husband today. She gave me some fabulous insights regarding her "diet" at her mother's house (which just caused me to become enraged with that woman) and my husband kept throwing junk into the cart - getting away with it because everyone was in a bad mood and I didn't want to make it worse by setting any cart rules.

*scream*

Tomorrow will be better.

Today I am grateful for:
1. Remote trunk-poppers
2. Coming home from work to scented candles burning
3. Soft, fluffy blankets
4. Finding my good sewing scissors where I left them (yay!)
5. Shuffle mode on the music player

Olive you all... and at some point I will get the hang of responding to everyone. Have a great day!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:43 AM   #57  
Searching

I will be back! I have to get ready for work now. But I love you guys. (((((((((Jenelle)))))))) kids are tough.

Chris
Old 08-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #58  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Jennelle - I'm sorry for your frustration. I'm concerned about my kids too - they're still young, but I'm feeling pressured to fix my crap so they won't know the evils of EDs when they're older. We should have a big fat discussion about this. I'll be back later, after my workout and after I clean some bathrooms.

Hellos to everyone!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #59  
Searching

Default Trying so hard tofind my words this morning. It must not be time yet.

The Call

I have heard it all my life,
A voice calling a name I recognized as my own.

Sometimes it comes as a soft-bellied whisper.
Sometimes it holds an edge of urgency.

But always it says: Wake up my love. You are walking asleep.
There's no safety in that!

Remember what you are and let this knowing
take you home to the Beloved with every breath.

Hold tenderly who you are and let a deeper knowing
colour the shape of your humanness.

There is no where to go. What you are looking for is right here.
Open the fist clenched in wanting and see what you already hold in your hand.

There is no waiting for something to happen,
no point in the future to get to.
All you have ever longed for is here in this moment, right now.

You are wearing yourself out with all this searching.
Come home and rest.

How much longer can you live like this?
Your hungry spirit is gaunt, your heart stumbles. All this trying.
Give it up!

Let yourself be one of the God-mad,
faithful only to the Beauty you are.

Let the Lover pull you to your feet and hold you close,
dancing even when fear urges you to sit this one out.

Remember- there is one word you are here to say with your whole being.
When it finds you, give your life to it. Don't be tight-lipped and stingy.

Spend yourself completely on the saying.
Be one word in this great love poem we are writing together.

Oriah Mountain Dreamer, from the book The Call, Harper Collins, 2003
Old 08-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #60  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

lovely poem, Chris.
Closed Thread