Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:28 AM   #16  
Searching

Talking Morning Everyone!

Wednesday was so hectic. Wake-up, eat, therapy, go over step work with my sponsor, meeting, eat, pass out like the working nights sack of potatoes I am , wake up at 0000 full of piss and vinegar

Jenelle- I will keep you in my prayers I know how stressful mom's can be (Am I stressfull????)

Christy- So what you reading? Anything good? Are you sleeping in like Jenelle

Tracy- Be careful with your seratonin levels, you know the physical side of this ED stuff is that simple carbohydrates affect your seratonin and dopamine levels and we can try to use them as a quick fix for energy or mood elevation. Otherwise (((((((((((((((Tracy)))))))))))))) You and the kids I don't know how you do it!

Kat-

Cyndi- Have fun with your pedometer (AND I MEAN FUN, it should be a game, last summer I got so obsessed with walking and the whole time I was stuffing my face with whatever was in arms length )

Miss Lily- I will take a look at your posts and give you a little input, take what you like and leave the rest Have a nice bath and go easy on yourself.

Chris
Old 06-03-2004, 03:53 AM   #17  
Searching

http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/c...15272_0_1_0_M/

I wanted to share this with all of you. This was very freeing for me today.
Love,
Chris
Old 06-03-2004, 07:09 AM   #18  

Smile

(((((((((((misslily)))))))))))))))

I hope you're feeling better today. Try not to feel real bad for slipping up. That's easier said than done, I know that all too well. But just take a deep breath, and know that it's a new day. Take today as it comes, and just do the best you are able. I've been reading a book (The Purpose Driven Life) and I was reading in it recently about surrendering. It says that we have to surrender over and over each day, how ever many times it takes. The book is a spiritual book, I don't know if you have heard of it or not, but I think we can apply it to our eating and health as well. We need to let go of it as many times a day as it takes.(trade the negative for the positive)... Anyway, I hope today finds you feeling more comfortable both physically and emotionally. My thoughts will be with you.

The step counter is kind of fun actually. You can keep it clipped on all day, and it counts the steps all day while you do housework, or work at a job, walk outside, whatever you do. I am mostly using it for walking outside for exercise. I stuck with it a 2nd day yesterday. I'm going for a 3rd today!

Hope everyone is having a great day,
cyndi
Old 06-03-2004, 07:16 AM   #19  

Smile

Thanks Rochemist! You're right, it should be fun, not an obsessive thing. I just started doing this, but so far it is fun, and it has helped me to get motivated in walking. I already wanted to start walking but this just gave me a little boost. Thanks for your advice though, I appreciate it and I agree with you, we have to be careful in things like that, or it can lead to even more stress, which leads to binging. I'm trying to make this a new lifestyle, better eating and better health, but I know it will take lots of time. I had too much of an addiction (mine is with sweets and chocolate) to think it will all go away in a day or two. So I need to be realistic but be positive also.

Have a great day!!
cyndi oxo
Old 06-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #20  
Washington, DC

Default New

Hi all... I am a compulsive overeater who has one day of abstince, and would really love to join this thread.

Elaine

Days Abstinent: 1
Old 06-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #21  
Searching

Welcome Elaine! Every day get easier ODAT!

Chris
Old 06-03-2004, 07:32 PM   #22  

Smile

Hi Elaine!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #23  
Washington, DC

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome! It is greatly appreciated!

-Elaine
Old 06-04-2004, 01:43 AM   #24  

i had a good day - woke up in a down mood, but went to see my niece in the hospital. it was the best 2 hours i have had in a long time. although i went to uplift her, i was the one who left feeling so loved, accepted and appreciated. i know i am special to her it made me feel so good. i did not overeat today - wonder if there is a connection. i also fit in some light exercise. i am looking forward to yoga tomorrow. i also wore my new capri length jeans. they fit and are flattering and so comfy.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #25  
Washington, DC

Default Check-In

Hi all,

Happy to report that I made it two days abstinent. My plan this weekend is to do at least one thing socially. I tend to isolate myself socially and turn to food out of lonliness. I have AM plans to run with a slow runners group, and Sunday and I am taking myself to an art opening.

Thanks,
Elaine

Days Abstinent: 2 (since 6/2/04)
Old 06-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #26  

Smile

Jennelle, I just saw your post that you were going away on a trip, I hope you have an awesome time!!

cyndi oxo
Old 06-04-2004, 11:17 AM   #27  

MissLily

Elaine

Sounds great for both of you!!

I think I might get some capri jeans too! I haven't had that kind of jeans for yearsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! It's also my goal to be able to wear jeans that do not have elastic in the waist, I haven't worn "regular" jeans for soooooooooooooo long!! I can live with elastic, and they do make cute ones now, you really can't even tell with the shirts I wear, because I wear long baggie shirts, but just for "myself", I want to wear jeans that do not have elastic, just to know I can if I want to. I know that sounds selfish really, too many important things in the world to worry about, so if I never do, I'll be fine, but it is a "self" goal of mine.

I have 5 kids , so I am realistic that I'll never have my "pre-children" shape again, and I don't even care if I have that, because I love my kids so much(!!), they are all that really matters to me, but it would be nice to get to a size "and" better health that makes me feel better about myself.

I made it through 3 days, woo hoo! Going for Day 4!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Looks like rain today, but I love cloudy, rainy days! I don't like storms though!

cyndi
Old 06-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #28  

Default Very behind in posts...

but wanted to say

Hopefully I'll have a chance this weekend to read and post more...
Old 06-04-2004, 09:05 PM   #29  
Searching

I am in the same boat Kat! everybody! Busy at home, busy at work. Tonight if I get a chance I will write more. Take care of yourselves, your all beautiful!

Chris
Old 06-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #30  

A little nervous here.....I have done so well this week! I went out today to celebrate my Anniversary (oxo), and I did great, had a salad, was so proud of myself! We later then went to the book store/cafe and I had a cranberry granola square, still not that bad I did that, because I chose the more "healthier" dessert than most of the others they had there (really good considering I am a bigtime chocolate addict), again, I was not ashamed really, still felt good about myself. I came home though, later felt hungry, had a cup of cereal (without milk, just needed to "munch" on something) and again , did not pick an unhealthy snack, but I'm afraid it's not going to stop there. I'm afraid I will wake up and go back to my "excuses and binging". (my usual excuse: I messed up, failed, might as well eat a bunch of bad stuff, and start a new diet monday). I don't want to wake up and do that. I hope I don't. I hope I have the courage and strength to keep going forward. I know I will be totally miserable and feel like a failure if I don't stick with this. I want this to be a new me. So I hope I can wake up and still be the new me, not the old me.

Thanks for listening.

cyndi oxo
Closed Thread