Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-30-2004, 09:48 AM   #16  

hi everyone!!!
i've been having a hard time posting over the last few days so i haven't been around much. seems better today so far (fingers crossed)

ellis- oh dear you should be so proud of all the time you have put in exercising, don't let that trainer get you down, just because HE feels good doesn't mean you have to. some people just don't understand exercise is not a miracle drug!! maybe he is just going on the angle that you getting totally fit will boost your self esteem?? i am certainly not the one to preach about the muscle weighting more than fat thing. as an intelligent adult i know this is true but i am totally dependent on the number my scale spits out at me, it can make or break my day. (btw the darn thing totally ticked me off this morning) ok what was my point here?? focus jodi focus..... ok dig through this ramble i just posted and get this out of it........... you are awesome!!!! you have committed yourself over the last 8 weeks to doing something GOOD for YOU. regardless of how it equals out in lbs lost YOU have made progress!!! keep up the great work!!! good luck with the new meds and hang in there!!

kat have a great weekend!!!!! you lucky girl!!!

hope the hip gets better soon tracy.

hello to everyone else!! i won't be around much this weekend it is the official start to camping season saturday. have a great one everyone!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #17  
Searching

My disease is kicking my ***, I have been thinking that perhaps someoneelse should take the reins on this forum because I am such a basket case. I found Kat's meditation really good, but as much of a COE my mother is I really don't blame her for the BS is my head, I own it. But the more I try to untangle myself from the food the more of this stuff I have been repressing for years starts to roll over me in large waves and the food doesn't even work as a defense. In fact I know the more I concentrate on the food and other aspects of my disease the more I know Iam not confronting things, especially my own problems.

I have a job interview for a job I really want this morning, I am unprepared and mired in fear, self pit, and loathing. God and I had a screaming match on the way in to work. All he tells me is this is the way its suppose to be and quit fighting so darn much and I can see the forest through the trees.

Its all that fighting. It makes me so tired and hopeless.

Sorry to be so heavy this morning. I love ya'll.
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you so much, Jodi. heh heh. I was having the morning from ****, but you cracked me up.
Have fun camping! (gawd, I hate camping) Are you tenting, or do you have one of those 30 footers with the vcr and dishwasher? (actually, if I had one of those, I might not mind camping )

Oh, Chris... You're having such a difficult time... I wish I could take it all away from you, sweetie.
If you want to ask Suzanne to add a co-mod, I don't mind doing it. I'm sure anyone here would be glad to do it. But we DON'T want you to give up the reins! You are the best person here for us, and it's okay if you're not doing well all the time. It doesn't make us think any less of you. You're human, dear. I'm moderating South Beach, but I'm not even on the freakin' diet anymore! (shhhh... don't tell anyone. heh heh)
Sending you lots of love and hugs and prayers...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

chris, the best thing is that you are checking in here. as loong as you post, we know we can reach out to you. it's when you're mia that we get scared.

lots of love to you, sweetie.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #20  

chris hang in there, take care of yourself!! sending huge hugs out to you.

ellis- we cheat at "camping" i don't like bugs and dirt. there is a whole gaggle of us that have our campers at the same campground so it is like a big party every weekend.and yes i do have a tv and vcr i can't be expected to give up everything just to get in touch with nature can i?? oh yeah i have a diswaher also their names are lindsey and brandon your south beach secret is safe with me. as we speak i am searching the internet for a good diet plan that involves coors light and or corona maybe if i add an extra slice of lime i can call it a healthy beverage???? glad i made you smile.
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Please pass me a Corona. Don't bother with a glass... just shove the lime into the bottle, please.
Sounds like you have a hoot camping. That would definitely be more my style. We use to tent with the kids. The worst part was watching them constantly to make sure they weren't getting into any trouble. (ie drowning)
Now we just go up to the cottage. It's plenty rough enough up there for me. No running water and an outhouse, although we DO have a vcr.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:04 PM   #22  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Chris, Ellis, big hugs to both of you. I hope the interview went well, Chris.

Well, I'm down here on the 'puter waiting to see if DD will go to sleep without me hugging her. DS was hard to get down tonight, and I'm all out of patience.

DH and I had the vasectomy argument again this morning. What is it with men and their winkies? Since I've given birth twice, the whole world's had to mess with my humina-humina. But NO, can't let anyone touch his bag o'goodies, NO!! ARGH. Other than that, we've had a pretty good weekend. Went to a AAA baseball game with the kids last night, which was a lot of fun.

I'm still not really abstaining. I like Geneen Roth's rules - sit when you eat, enjoy and pay attention to your food, blah blah blah. I really need to work on surrendering. My nerves are causing me to snack.

I'm going to go read something motivational now, until the baby wakes up. Hope everyone is doing well, or at least better tonight!!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:47 PM   #23  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Tracy -

My husband had a vasectomy 15 years ago and didn't have any problems at all. He was expecting it to hurt like ****, but it really wasn't bad. Just a day of icing his balls and a few days of nice supportive underpants and he was fine. It's certainly less risky than a tubal ligation!

Men. They're such babies!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:51 AM   #24  
Searching

Post Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!

Last night while I was talking to Jenelle I realized that I need you all in my recovery. And that a imperfect mod is probably okay My disease has kicked my *** the last 2 weeks, and I have gone along for the mire of the ride. Now I am done, time to get off the monkey express. A loving sponsor, a great therapist, and my friends are God's gifts to help me. So thank you all

Tracy- my DH barely felt the nick, he was chasing me around that afternoon wanting some.

Jodi-Last time I went camping I slept in the back of my MIL van, because there was no way I was tenting it. That was for building character when I was 13, ummm someday maybe the real thing again as long as I got an option to go to hotel and get a bath eventually. OMG the last camp grounds I stayed at had these low flow, soft water showers, I came home and I didn't even need soap I was plenty foamy

Ellis- I owe you an e-mail and probably a card

Holly- I got your e-mail I can't say I am not disappointed. I wish Jiff wanted a roomie

Okay alot to do today and I want to journal. Whatever I do today is important, because I paid a high price for it, a day in my life-Anonymous

Miss Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #25  

Default I'm back

Hi all,

Chris, I am glad you're sticking around! Service is so important to recovery and you are definitely doing a service for us.

DH and I had a wonderful time this weekend. It was so relaxing. Today's his birthday, so off I go - but I wanted to check in and say hi.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote