3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Happy Monday! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/39250-happy-monday.html)

ellis 04-12-2004 07:20 AM

Happy Monday!

Quickie...

Bunna, I just wanted to let you know I'm so very sorry about your sweet dog. What a dreadful thing to have happen. Sending you lots of hugs... :grouphug:

I'll be back later... have to get to the gym...

treasaigh 04-12-2004 09:08 AM

Me too, Bunna - I'm so sorry! I'll say a prayer for your sweet dog.

I'm having some issues from the candy I ate yesterday - I'll just say, Jennelle - I feel your pain. :p Sarah turned into an absolute beast last night as she crashed from her sugar high - it was enough to make me clean out her Easter basket.

And Jennelle (crap, now I can't remember if you spell that with one n or two - sorry) - I'm sorry your mom couldn't keep her warped thoughts to herself. We are all beautiful when we treat ourselves well. Her words were a reflection of her own insecurities. You're proving her wrong everyday!

A belated welcome to Jodi! I love your Gromit avatar!!

Hi to all the other lovely ladies, and thanks for the support! Have a great day!

justjodi 04-12-2004 09:26 AM

ditto bunna so sorry about your dog. take care of yourself.

the weekend was packed full of activities but what holiday weekend isn't?? from the sounds of it chris i acted much like you on saturday. poor me i actually started crying during a shopping trip to sams club. dh doesn't know what to do with me sometimes i can see it in his face the poor guy he is just baffled. i was weepy all weekend partly hormonal partly heavy soul searching but mostly i was just plain mean. i apologized several times to him over the weekend but just continued. oh well feeling much better today the holiday is over the candy has been hidden and most of the leftovers went home with our guests. new week. starting over yet again.

thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes!!!

KatSLP 04-12-2004 01:13 PM

Hi all,

Just a quick hello. :wave:

Bunna, sorry about your dog! :grouphug:

rochemist 04-12-2004 01:24 PM

The Topic and HI!

Good Morning!

I loved the Lifeline from thislast month with all the slogans to keep us on track. I have been enjoying some slogans from the Al-non book as well. Here are some ones to ponder on:

"Keep it Simple"
"But for the grace of God'
"Easy does it"
"First things first"
"Just for today"
"Let it begin with me"
"One bite is too many, and a 1000 never enough"
"Think"
"One day at a time"
"Live and let live"
"Let go and let God"
"Name it, claim it, dump it" (Something to think about before you eat a feeling)
"Abstinence is the most important thing"
"HALT-am I hungry, angry, lonely, or tired?"
"Often with the first bit we have a choice, often we forget that we have that same choice with the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th"

So do any of these apply or will help you on your own journey. I have used them all to just get through this moment not abusing myself with food. Just for today :D

Bunna- I am very sorry about your dog, someone out there has some very bad karma coming their way. "What goes around, does come around" :angel: :grouphug:

Ellis- Have a nice workout :workout: , and check in later. How you feeling?

Tracy- The sugar high woes, its nice when they get older. I make candy my son's responsibility, he is big enough to clean up his own puke. But I was suprised the kids liked the cheesy toys in their baskets more than the candy :dunno:

Not very well surrendered today. I will keep acting "as if" :)

Miss Chris :flow2:

Bunnababy 04-12-2004 02:31 PM

Morning all. :coffee2: The baby was up and down all night last night so little sleep for grandma who was helping mommy out. I don't think she is getting enough to eat when nursing. I did not say anything to dil as she had a well baby appointment this a.m. and the doctor will let her know if she needs more food. She has times when she wants to eat every half hour and I don't care what the nurse at the hospital says that is not "normal." I am going to spend some time planning the next holiday for my 8 yo granddaugher who is ADD and does not handle all the activity involved with visits etc very well. She always ends up in trouble and my fear is that she will learn to hate holidays.

Tracy: Sugar highes :dizzy:

Sami: Welcome back. :D We all know where you are right now and the feelings associated with that. I finally broke down and bought some new clothes in the right size but up to then I was down to two work outfits cuz I didn't want to spend money on bigger clothes. I finally decided I needed to do that but I truly hate the tight stuff. Keep on coming back this is truly a great bunch of girls to hang out with. :cofdate:

Jodi: :bubbles: Relax, be happy. Hormones are fun aren't they? They make us :crazy:

Good morning Kat! :)

Ellis: Hope you are feeling better today. How was the gym? :strong: :tread:

Chris: Thanks for the slogans, I will print them up and keep them handy. Perhaps even have one as a life slogan. I have a life verse from the Bible but I think a life slogan would be good too. :sunny:

Thank you everyone for your hugs for Scoobey. We really miss him he was such a happy guy and brought so much joy to our lives. I look at the sunshine and can't believe he is not lying in his favorite spot enjoying it.

Off to Curves, then work for a little while. Talk to you all later. Have a peaceful day today.

treasaigh 04-12-2004 03:08 PM

Hi Bunna - sorry you had a rough night. Hope all was well with the baby's doctor appt. My first was a marathon feeder, too - but it was easy to tell whether she was getting enough because of her weight. Maybe your granddaughter is trying to up the milk supply by nursing frequently - as long as her mom can handle it, might as well let it go. That's the only way to increase production. And I know this is a sensitive topic for lots of moms, but co-sleeping was absolutely necessary in our situation. Sarah wouldn't tolerate a crib, and I was beginning to wonder how much sleep I could lose before I would just DIE. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it saved our family. :dizzy: Anyway, it's wonderful of you to help them all. I'm sure your DIL is thankful!!

I'll check back later - naptime!

Chris - hope your "as ifs" are becoming reality! Hang in there!! :)

ellis 04-12-2004 04:40 PM

Hello darlings! :wave:

Had a great workout... I was miserable when I got to the gym, but I saw my trainer there working out a friend of mine... we all had a few laughs together, and I felt SO much better about getting on with my workout. And my friend convinced me to go to yoga this evening (I was planning on skipping it... we despise our new teacher), so I'm going to make sure my mat is beside hers in case I burst into tears like I did last week. :rolleyes:

Jodi, I can so relate to the weepy thing. I HATE being a woman and being peri-menipausal and being on drugs and having kids with school problems and ... aaaaaaarrrgh!! I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about, but I just wish things were simple sometimes. I've never been resentful of my life. Never. I've always been grateful for my life, regardless of what I've been handed. For the first time last week, I got angry about my meds not working, and I thought, "why me!?" I was crying, and it was dreadful. I was SO mad. And I've been really cranky with my DH, who is so good to me, but I can't seem to stop. :(
I hope your "starting again week" is going well. :grouphug: Should we make a pact to be nice to our partners this week? ;)

Bunna, like Tracy, my second child nursed constantly! He was getting more than enough to "eat", but he was using me as his soother. It's so difficult to get a baby onto a schedule that suits the mother. :lol: I'm sure she'll work things out with her doctor.
I hope you had a good curves workout! :hat:

Chris, I love HALT!! That is GREAT!! Thank you! :grouphug: How are you doing sweet pea? Are you working out at all lately, or is that not in the plans?

Kat, what are you DOING!? :D

Hi again, Sami! I hope you find us here! :wave:

Tracy, every time I see your sweet baby, I get a big grin on my face. :)

KatSLP 04-12-2004 08:45 PM

evening...

Hi ladies,

I am online chatting with my sponsee so I wanted to stop by again for another :wave:

DH is starting his new job in a few days. It's very exciting. :)

OK, an impromptu meeting just started in the OA chatroom. Have a good night!

Jennelle 04-12-2004 11:11 PM

"One bite is too many, and a 1000 never enough" - Chris, that's my new mantra! :)

Bunna - I also had a marathon nurser. My son would nurse for 20 minutes on each breast, then wake up an hour and a half later and do it all over again. I breastfed him exclusively for the first three months...felt like a damn dairy cow! :lol: Once he started eating rice cereal, he didn't nurse so often. I'm so glad that you're supporting your daughter with her breastfeeding. My husband's job at the time necessitated a three-week stay with my SIL, who was totally anti-breastfeeding. She always knew just what to say to make me feel like the crappiest mother in the world.

Jennelle 04-12-2004 11:27 PM

venting my frustration

I have to say I'm a little frustrated today. I've been hearing all these stories of people who've dropped 50 lbs. in a matter of months once they became abstinent. I've been abstinent for almost four months and have lost a grand total of 13 1/2 lbs. For the last four weeks, I've been bouncing back and forth between the same two pounds. Yes, I want to get healthy mentally and spiritually, but - damn it - I'm tired of being fat! And yes, I know that I am worth more than the numbers on the scale and my self worth isn't my weight and yada yada yada....but that knowledge is not helping my frame of mind right now.

I guess all I can do is pray for guidance and help. I need to pray that I don't get frustrated. I also need to pray that I don't get wrapped up in the obsessiveness of weight loss. That's the thing that scares me the most. All my life, my weight loss journey has never been healthy. It's been obsessive and unhealthly. Now, the thought of actively trying to lose weight has all these negative connotations attached. I guess I should pray that I can get over those negative connotations.

KatSLP 04-12-2004 11:39 PM

Jennelle

I am closing in on a year and have only lost close to 15 # (the first 10 of the 25 were pre-OA, although I credit OA for me maintaining that lost, since it originally had been 16# gone until the COE kicked in). :goodscale

HP is doing this for us. S/he is allowing us to lose on our terms. Just because someone loses a ton and are abstinent does not mean they will always be thin and abstinent. It's a one day at a time program.

But I truly relate to your frustration. I'd rather be at goal weight now, too. But that's just the vanity in my head talking. I have to redirected that thinking - redirect it to my HP. Because if I don't, I will COE. :mcd: Maybe not now, tomorrow, or the next day, but I will. This program is about the internal me. The internal me affects the external me. Crappy internal = fat Kat. :corn: Serene (or at least working on serene) internal me = getting thinner Kat. :strong:

It's a journey. Every day is different. Thank HP we just take it one day at a time. :angel:

:grouphug: Jennelle!

justjodi 04-13-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis
I hope your "starting again week" is going well. :grouphug: Should we make a pact to be nice to our partners this week? ;)

ellis i am totally in on that pact. i did alot better yesterday. i swear from the way you describe yourself sometimes we must be twins. hope your yoga went ok. i hate it when i tear up at seemingly inappropriate times. stay strong sweetie!!!

jennelle- getting frustrated is really ok. have faith in yourself you can do this. i am completly dependent on the number my scale spits out at me, it can make or break my day. keeping you in my prayers :grouphug:

bunna hope the baby is doing well, i had the same problem while i was nursng both my boys they wanted to nurse non stop at times it is natures way of making mom produce more milk for their little growth spurts, i used to manually express a little in between feedings to help the process along the more they nurse the more you produce. good luck hope all goes well.

chris- i think i will take "THINK" THINK before you stuff might be more to the point for me!!

have a great day everyone!!

ellis 04-13-2004 10:13 AM

Okay, Jodi... I'm doing really well so far today. :D I was really sweet to my DH for the entire 1/2 hour that I spent with him this morning before he went out the door to work. :lol3: I've been letting every little thing that he does bother me. Which is ridiculous, because it's just HIM, and I love him! Irritating habits and all. :)
How are YOU doing, hon? :grouphug: Hang in there!!

Bunnababy 04-13-2004 01:09 PM

:grouphug: for Jennelle. Also some :balloons: and :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: to help you feel better. I understand your frustration and am praying for your HP to help you through today and experiencing your feelings and not hiding them in :mcd: :mcd:

We all love you.

ellis 04-13-2004 01:59 PM

Damned right we love you, Jennelle! Hugs and prayers... :grouphug: