Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 01:23 PM   #1  

Post Hectic DAys

I find that the hectic days are my worst days. These are the times that I want to eat the wallpaper off the walls. I never know how to stop when I get so hungry. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to not eat late at night, even when you see your loved one -husband shovel in the ice cream who also has a weight problem?

So far I've eaten
cereal bar,1/2 cup grapes
turkey -provolone on a wheat wrap
anticipated supper- chicken corn soup and small biscuit
Old 01-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #2  
Searching

Default These are the things I do.

Warning: It may not work for you. Take what you want and leave the rest.

When I first began my abstinence I talked to my DH quite frankly about how important it was to me, that I didn't care what he ate, as long as he kept the ice cream and candy and their various wrappers away from me. Sometimes he slips, but I am the point where I move them or throw them away. Overall he has been very supportive.

What really drove home the importance of my abstinence to me was a 3-hour binge. Revolted, guilty, crying I just don't want to feel that way again. If I live today, in this moment, in this time, and with the strength of my HP I can do that. This binge also got to my husband that I wasn't just "dieting" again. He saw the some of the same things he had seen before like tears and shame, but he never had heard my unabashed pain associated with this behavior. He told me he would never enable or watch me binge again. It was he, who gently took me from the kitchen and put me to bed. He didn't want to see me hurting me anymore.

A man who loves us and knows the depth of our pain in these things will support us when confronted with them.

Side note: My ample bootied DH has lost 20 lbs since I became abstinent.

Miss Chris
Closed Thread