Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 84/84/79

Height: 5’1”

Default SOS from a secret binge eater

I try so hard to discipline myself and my eating habits, and sometimes I can go a couple of days eating right- but I always end up binging on anything and everything, thus counteracting the hard work I put in. Iíve tried to stop it for so long, but itís a vicious cycle of guilt, discipline, and overeating. Iím trying to lose just a couple of pounds (5 or so) to get myself where I want to be, but for some inexplicable reason I cannot seem to get through a month of dieting. Any tips on how to break the cycle? Iím tired of sneak-eating and wild sugar roller coasters. Please help!
defense04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/140

Height: 5'9"

Many people here struggle with binge eating. Read books about it, see a counselor, read stuff about binge eating on the web. If you only have to lose 5 pounds to get where you want to be, consider yourself very lucky you don't have 1,2 or 3 hundred pounds to lose! And maybe focus on the cause of your binge eating with a counselor or by journaling every single day about your emotions. Because binge eating or any type of eating disorder is usually about the need for control. And we try to control when we don't allow ourselves to actually be in touch with our feelings, feel them, and learn to manage them without binge-ing. You may not need a month of dieting. You may need some help with your eating habits and self image etc. Most of us go through the cycle of guilt discipline and overeating until we learn to maintain at a healthy weight. Good luck!
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Intuitive eating is a great book I would recommend reading, or looking into the thought behind it.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #4  

I don't know if you do this, but make sure that you don't have any tempting food at your home. Remove everything which isn't healthy and fill your fridge with good food. I know that this was my mother's major problem. When we were little, we had candy in our home (because she thought that having kids means you have to have candy) and then, one day my mother removed absolutely everything and candy never found a way back.
BloomEmily is offline   Reply With Quote