3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Last minute decision to detox this weekend (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/307937-last-minute-decision-detox-weekend.html)

thirti4thirty 01-22-2016 10:50 AM

Last minute decision to detox this weekend

I have not respected my body of late. And now I'm paying the price for it. The whole of today, I felt sick. My body is full of bad stuff. I'm not in pain, but I feel so dirty from inside. I can't stand and I can't remain seated either.
This weekend I'm taking control. It's going to be a home alone weekend so I'm going to buy a lot of coconut juice, and healthy fruits and veggies.
Will be back on monday with a feedback on how I feel.

thinwhiteduchess 01-22-2016 10:49 PM

Good luck to you. I recently did the same and have been feeling much more comfortable and alert.

shcirerf 01-24-2016 10:48 PM

Just curious, what do you consider a detox?

thinwhiteduchess 01-24-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shcirerf (Post 5233215)

I know OP won't be back until Monday to answer this question, but personally for me it's a raw food cleanse for a few days. I don't trust liquid-only "detox" type programs like the Master Cleanse--for me, detox is to take out anything processed, refined sugars, fast food, butter and grease, etc. and go back to basics with Mother Nature. After a few days of raw foods, I'll gradually start cooking things (as fresh as possible), adding back in meats and dairy (because I can't live without it) until I'm eating healthier than I was initially.

This is usually useful after periods of stress-eating or being lazy and relying on packaged snacks/fast food.

thirti4thirty 01-25-2016 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shcirerf (Post 5233215)

Putting unprocessed food into my body, drink a lot, eat a lot of veggies and low sugar fruits. I other words, go as natural as possible

Duchess:
detox is to take out anything processed, refined sugars, fast food, butter and grease, etc. and go back to basics with Mother Nature.
This, exactly. I just don't have any set program from like raw to cooked. I must say that I have a preference for raw, though I feel that has more to do with laziness :)

thirti4thirty 01-25-2016 02:46 AM

So this weekend I had a LOT of coconut juice (17 big coconuts), avocado, oranges and a few veggies (mainly leaves) and maize. However I did not fully reach my objective, as I still had canned meat on Saturday morning. So I'd say, I did 90% of what I wanted to achieve.
I feel better. Don't want to give TMI but it did help me greatly. I'm starting the week feeling in good shape, unlike last week.

thinwhiteduchess 01-25-2016 11:57 AM

Well done, thirti4thirty. Stay on the good path this week. :)