Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-25-2015, 11:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Put to the test

For the first time I really feel like I want to fight against my binge eating. I just mindlessly let it take over my life for the past year after a trauma... and I gained back 50 lbs.

Today, my roommate brings home 2 large cakes from his graduation party. THEN he decides today is the day to buy his kitchen aid mixer lol and he, my sister and a friend proceed to bake brownies, cookies, and lemon bars.

They all just left, and now there is a bakery in my kitchen lol. I literally have tried to leave my room 2x now to go get things, but turn around each time. I thought I should post here as another distraction, and Im going to go to sleep now to avoid the temptation. ahhh. This is really hard. A week/month ago I would go in there and eat numerous pieces totaling probably hundreds/a thousand calories. I still feel like any second I'm going to give in and do it. Binge eating is ridiculously difficult for me to control after a year or more of letting it control my entire life.

Last edited by shannylove; 05-26-2015 at 02:56 AM.
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:58 AM   #2  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Hang in there, dear! You did well posting here. I'm holding your hands and giving you some positive vibes. You deserve to be who you wAnt to be. Your body deserves a good treatment. Your stomach deserves to rest
Wherever you are, I'm with you right now.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am really rooting for you, that you got through this crisis without a binge. I am well aware of how they start, usually when you decide to have a little taste of something, then that taste leads to more, and before you know it you're devouring everything in sight. Every time you get through this successfully, you feel so good about yourself!

We can't always keep tempting food out of our lives, so it's important for us to learn how to resist it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Definitely here for you. Dont let food control your goals.. your body deserves better, YOU deserve better.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 355/see tracker/under 200

Height: 5.5

Oh boy do I know that feeling. I was reading or watching some show and learned that we actually eat with our EYES first. That when we see something that looks good to us our bodies actually start expect the food. That is why our mouth WATERS!!!! No wonder we can't resist. And is it just me or do I actually, when I go somewhere with friends and they eat these amazing things like cookies and cakes and I eat none of it FEEL like I have actually had those things? I swear it goes back to that thing of your body eating with your EYES! No wonder we wanna stuff all those wonderful things in our mouths and it isn't even touching our fingers yet!
JenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote